When to pierce babies ears?

When is a good time for getting a child’s ears pierced? And tattoo shop or a regular place (Claire’s) with the hand gun piercer?

18 Likes

Tattoo shop for sure!

1 Like

Tattoo shop hands down

Tattoo shop thats reputable. They should have a certified piercer there. we did my daughters at 12 weeks. but she was premie and her Dr recommended we waited til she was 3 months.

Tattoo shop. Claire’s uses plastic piercing Gun what can’t be sanitized in hot water.

Don’t go to Claire’s. My pediatrician is actually the one who pierced my daughter’s ears

When they are old enough to ask…

But a tattoo shop.

7 Likes

TATTOO SHOP AND PROFESSIONAL! Piercing guns can’t be cleaned 100% and can cause tissue to build up and cause keloids. A child has to be between 8-12 weeks before they can be pierced. But please please go see a piercer! You’ll thank me! And little honey will thank you later in life !

Tattoo shop and some people may not agree with me but I say 2 maybe 3 months old is ok that’s how old I would have done it if I had a girl

1 Like

A good time to do it is when they can consent.

6 Likes

My daughter was 9 months and we used piercing pagoda

Tattoo shop!!! I got my ears done when I was 3 months old and my daughters I did around the same time too!

When they’re a teenager and can decide for themselves.

Can’t stand people with babies getting ears pierced so early!

And definitely tattoo shop!!

6 Likes

I have 4 daughters and they have all gotten their ears pierced at 6 months. I got them done at Claire’s.

3 Likes

My daughter went to a hair dressers she had them done for her 7th birthday her nan paid cos she asked for them to be done I always think wait until your child asks for them to be done x

8-12 weeks? :confused: Why so young?

When they’re old enough to consent to it.
Tattoo shop for sure.

5 Likes

When they can ask for it and yes a tattoo place.

1 Like

when they ask and a tattoo shop

1 Like

Ask your doctor some will do it.

Tattoo shop for sure. I took my first to claires and had a problem with one of her ears. I will take my second to a tattoo shop when shes around 1

I’ve heard tattoo shop is best. I would just do my research before you pick one.

When they can consent and never a piercing gun.

1 Like

I think a child should’nt be to young but thats just how I feel.

When you, as her parent, feel okay with it. Tattoo shop. But a lot won’t do it until kid is about 5

I think a child should’nt be to young but thats just how I feel.

Tattoo shop is best. For age I’d say around 13 when if they want it done

When they ask and at a professional piercer/tattoo shop.

1 Like

The handgun causes pain and trauma bc it’s so forceful and literally shoots the skin out

1 Like

I waited until my daughter asked for them to be pierced she was 4 and we went to Claire’s.

Mine got hers at 18 months when she asked for pretties like mommy and daddy. Tattoo shop is always a better choice. Less trauma and better healing process. I’ve had both and the gun hurt so bad but I barely felt the needle at a tattoo shop.

pleaseeee please go to a piercing/tattoo shop!!

When they are old enough to say they want them done and definitely a tattoo shop! They will do it professionally.

5 Likes

When they’re able to sign the consent form themselves

3 Likes

Never use a piercing gun go to a piercing place or tattoo place its sterile clean and done professionally. The guns can not be properly cleaned and they punctures a hole rather than the needle making a tiny slice.

1 Like

Tattoo parlor !!! Go see Carrie Kash at sacred art in cortland. She’s incredible, gentle and highly knowledgeable. Very very very clean and fixed 6 holes that were done by a place in the mall. Also she uses titanium flat backs and they heal sooo much better!!!

Dr.s offices will do them for you! Safest way to go

That should be up to her. It’s an unnecessary risk you are taking with your child. A child that you are responsible for protecting at all costs. Please reconsider

3 Likes

Tattoo shop, they’re always sterile

Tattoo shop is the most safest place you can get them done at if they are a clean tattoo shop

1 Like

Doctor or tattoo shop are the safest, cleanest options.

1 Like

When they are old enough to take care of them on their own. And always a needle at a tattoo shop

2 Likes

Heeeeerrreeeeee we go!

3 Likes

whenever you want! My mom Has always done ours with a gun but whatever you feel comfortable with. I heard Claire’s isn’t good so a tattoo shop would probably be best

1 Like

When child asks, at a tattoo shop. NEVER go to Claire’s.

2 Likes

When/if the child asks for it. And go to a tattoo shop NEVER a place like Claire’s. They have zero training and can’t properly clean the guns.

2 Likes

Tattoo place. DO NOT GO TO CLAIRES… they cause infections. And the younger the better.

Definitely NOT Claire’s

1 Like

You shouldn’t get it done too young. Your ears never stop growing. And they grow the most while you’re young. Many times, you’ll get a babies ear pierced and by the time they grow up the holes are in the wrong place on the ear and they have to get them redone.
Anyways, I personally think people should wait til their kid is old enough to tell them they want it.
Also GO TO A PIERCER!!! They know what they are doing. Not a young, barely trained(if at all) kid with a piercing gun.

1 Like

If you’re going to do it, do it right and take your child to tattoo parlor and get a certified piercer to do it. I personally wouldn’t do it until 5 or older. But that’s between you and your partner.

Definitely a piercing parlors not Claire’s or anywhere that uses a piercing gun. As for age that’s up to you. I wish my mom would have gotten mine done before I could remember. Mine are all jacked up from getting them done at Claire’s. They’re uneven and get infected easily because of the positioning. I can barely wear earrings and my holes won’t close.

1 Like

Always always always go to a tattoo shop!! Everything is sterile and they’re actually trained and licensed piercers! Never go to a store where they use a gun. They’re untrained and the gun can’t be properly sterilized.

Our pediatrician done our lo and she was around 6-8 months old!

1 Like

Tattoo shops here won’t do until they turn 7…I took my daughter to Claire’s at 7mo and she’s fine 🤷

DO NOT go to Claire’s. I worked for Claire’s for 2 years and the only reason they’re allowed to use the guns in Ontario (they’re banned FYI) IS because it’s an American company, so they have a loophole. The gun has proven to be dangerous in many ways and beyond unsanitary. We were told to wipe the ONE gun we had with antibacterial wipes and then use it again on the next person. The only thing that was sterile and different for every person was the earrings in their packages. And we DO NOT GET TRAINING at claires. A 10 minute instruction video on how to pierce ears is not the proper education needed. I’d suggest going to a reputable tattoo/piercing establishment. They use new and sterile needles for EVERY person and it’s the safest possible way to get your child’s ears done because those people have been properly trained and doing that all their life.

4 Likes

Tattoo shop for sure!
Claires was my first job, I will never recommend going there for piercings.

My sister had hers done as a baby and they are now in between where a first and second piercing would be. Ears grow… just something to think about.

Tattoo place have sharper needles, cleaner needles, and the healing time is cut in half.

Tattoo shop they’re the most sterile despite what others say. They dont reuse equipment it gets thrown out unlike places in the mall. And as for when to pierce the ears whenever you want YOU are the parent not the strangers on the internet that are going to judge you regardless as if they’re the perfect parents.

Definitely at a tattoo shop, never with a hand held gun in my opinion. I’d wait until the child asked for them to be done.

Whenever you feel is the right time. And definitely take the child to a tattoo shop, it’s a lot more sanitary. Never take them to Claire’s or Walmart or anyplace like that that uses a disgusting piercing gun.

Whenever they’re old enough to make the decision themselves and a tattoo shop.

5 Likes

When they’re old enough and mature enough to practice good hygiene and make the decision for themselves.
Reputable tattoo & piercing shop - they’re trained professionals and much more sanitary than a Claire’s or a mall piercing pagoda.

2 Likes

I got mine done when I was 11 at Walmart and they used a gun. It was a WAY better experience than getting my second ones done with a needle.

1 Like

I would go to tattoo shop I heard pediatricians offices do it too. But call tattoo shop first I heard some don’t do it till the child can give consent themselves

A tattoo shop won’t usually touch a baby most are 5 or older. Ask your pediatrician.

1 Like

Always go to a tattoo shop, claires is the worst place to get it done at

I’m getting my daughters ears pierced at a doctors office. They require them to be at least 8 weeks and have their first set of shots.

I had both of my daughters pierced at 3 months. They cried for a couple seconds and fell asleep immediately afterwards and we’re fully healed without issue and used to them so they don’t mess with them. Mine were done a few days after birth and the same. Never regretted that mine were done as a baby so I did my daughters’. I do however remember my friends in elementary school begging their parents to let them pierce theirs and a few had issues with infections. I know some who had their baby’s pierced when the babies were older and had issues because the babies tug on them.
As for location I would not ever recommend some mall booth or store. I WISH tattoo parlors did them but as far as I know in Chicago no one will touch a baby, I know because I have had just about everything pierced and that was the first idea I had. But after calling several places, including my own personal piercing artist and friends I had to resort to pediatrician offices with doctors or nurses who pierce children’s ears.
Those are MY personal experiences.

When they’re old enough to ask for it, and ALWAYS go to a tattoo shop.

5 Likes

Do it whenever you and her father agree to have it done, get it done as safely as possible and my daughter got hers done when she was one at omg Clair’s and she’s 28 now and has had issues, and my granddaughter got hers done at six months and has had no issues and never messes with them. Everyone is so judgmental now a day’s it’s terrible, the internet isn’t always the best place to look for advice to many negative Nancy’s lol :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

My mom had mine done at six weeks and I’m thankful she did otherwise they’d have trouble healing right and wouldn’t stay…

1 Like

When they are old enough to make choices about their own bodies. Go to an actual piercer dont be one of those shitty people who go to Walmart or Claire’s.

i didn’t get mine done til i was 7 but wanted them done before that. also, i wish i had went to a tattoo shop. my holes are crooked from the gun. always a tattoo shop.

Whenever you feel like it is a good enough time… Go to a tattoo parlor, much safer.

Always go to a tattoo shop not only is everything sterilized but they are professionals the people at the mall/Claire’s are usually teenagers who have been trained for 10 minutes on how to do it

I was 4, and my twins were 5…at piercing pagoda. Keep good hygiene, and follow the instructions

When they ask to get them pierced.
Never let someone pierce your child’s ear with a piercing gun.

3 Likes

I did my daughters at 3 months at Claire’s :woman_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3: no infection and she’s never pulled. Currently almost 13 months . My child and I’ll do what i want :purple_heart: if she don’t like them she can take them out anytime .

3 Likes

After they’ve had their shots… and most definitely a tattoo shop, by a professional… piercing guns can not be sterilized properly

2 Likes

I got mine done when I was almost two then I didn’t like them so they closed and when I was 13 I did them myself​:joy::joy: I’m 20 now and haven’t had issues with them at all lol. But I was dumb and 13

Tattoo shop for sure!! I’m waiting until my daughter is old enough to ask and we’ll have a mother/ daughter day :blush:

My daughter will be 4 if she wants them itll be a going to school present and shes old enough to know not to pull on them

For sure a tattoo shop i took my daughter to walmart and the lady scared her to death(told my very smart 2yr old it was only going to feel like a shot) and i she walked around for 3 months with only one ear done but the lady that did the 2nd one at a shop was great my daughter didnt shed a tear

Random places like Claire… they’re not trained. It’s not as sanitary and they could screw up so easily. Mine were done when I was a baby and it’s crooked on the inside to where it’s hard to put an earring in. Plus they use a needle at a tattoo shop and it doesn’t hurt as much

My daughter had hers done at 3 after she asked for over a year.
Her ears were done at a salon

When they’re old enough to consent to it. Also, don’t go to Claire’s. They watch a 30 minute training video on using the piercing guns, which often get stuck.

2 Likes

I did my daughters at 8 months at Claire’s and am so glad I did. They have healed just fine. I’m actually surprised they didnt hurt, no pulling on them.and not even a hint of redness

Tattoo shop 100% Claire’s employees are not professionals it makes no sense that they even offer piercing as a service
Can’t give an option on age

A reputable tatto shop is not going to pierce a child under a certain age. In my area it was 11. The best place to go would be to your pediatricians office.

1 Like

I got my daughters done at Walmart at like 3 1/2 months. But at Walmart, unlike Claire’s, you buy a brand new “piercing kit” that comes with a new sterilized gun that they open right in front of you

1 Like

Don’t go to Claire’s! Piercing guns are horrible and impossible to truly sanitize.

1 Like

Tattoo shop is your best bet as using a piercing gun can get caught or cause an infection.

Tattoo shop is much more sanitary! I’d wait until they ask for them to be pierced

My two year old got her ears pierced at 8 months at Walmart.I am getting her little sister ears pierced on her birthday

Take her to a doctor. A net will do it.

I waited too my daughter was old enough to want them and made it a mommy daughter day and yes we did it at Walmart and it was fine, no issues.

2 Likes

Never. Let them make that decision if they want their ears pierced later on and those piercing guns are absolutely disgusting and full of bacteria. They can’t even be cleaned properly from.one person to the next.

2 Likes

When they ask and at a tattoo shop.

Don’t go to Claire’s. They completely messed up my daughter’s ears. That said I waited until my daughters asked. My two older ones were 5 and my youngest is almost 6 and she hasn’t asked yet. If she does I feel she’s old enough.

1 Like

Definitely the tattoo shop.

2 Likes