When to pierce babies ears?

Need suggestions! I’ve been wanting to get my daughters ears pierced for a while now. At what age did you get your little ones ears pierced and where did you go to get it done? How did they react afterwards?

11 Likes

I got my daughters done at 3 months at Clair’s. She forgot that it happened within minutes and never touched them. She is now 11 months and she still doesn’t mess with them

1 Like

When she says she wants them done.

4 Likes

I got my daughter at 6 mons. I think the earlier the better because they forget the pain quick and won’t mess with them.

1 Like

Idc when… Just Please go to a real piercing shop. Not people with the guns.

2 Likes

My little girl was 10 months. I went to sterns. There they do both at the same time. Quick and with 5 minutes of crying, soon it was all forgotten

First at 6 Months and second 9 months.

2 months? The week after her first shots, at a place called Piercing Pagoda at the mall. It was done with a piercing gun. She cried for like a minute, no issues since. She is 12 now and also has 2nd holes.

4 Likes

Maybe it’s the right time when she’s old enough to decide for herself. My mom got mine done when I was a couple months old and I’m now 27 and wish she never would have done it. They do nothing but give me problems and I don’t wear earrings, ever.

5 Likes

My mom waited until I was 5

4 months old at the doctors

1 Like

My daughter is 5 months we are going soon to a tattoo shop in town to get them down

1 Like

When she is old enough to ask for them to be done. Really don’t understand why partners feel the need to put holes in babies ears at such a young age. In adult life they mite not want them.

10 Likes

My oldest was 9 months my youngest was 5 years seemed like doing it younger was better

My daughter has been asking for years. I’ve always told her to wait until she is 8, as she is then old enough to keep them clean and not mess with them. And also old enough to understand the process. She is 8 at the end of this month and we have her booked in with a professional piercer and have shown her videos of what happens to make sure she is fully aware and still wanting to have it done.

2 Likes

Got my oldest daughter done at 6 weeks and there was no reaction at all she didnt it even happened

Get it done at a tattoo shop

My Mom made me wait until I was 11… so when I turned 18 I went and got my ears pierced allll the way up lol …

:clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:Wait until she is old enough to ask for them and take care of them. Don’t alter her body because you think it looks cute AND when you do get them done when SHE wants them, GO TO A PROFESSIONAL PIERCIST IN A TATTOO SHOP! :clap:t3::clap:t3:
My mom got mine done at Walmart as a baby and they are crooked AF and I can never fix how crooked they are because she made that choice before I was aware of it.

12 Likes

Whatever you do make sure you go to a professional piercing place like a tattoo shop do not go to the little kiosk that use the gun

1 Like

My daughter is 5… and shes been asking to have them done… I havent yet. But she will get them done soon. Everyone freaks about piercing guns… but I had mine done with piercing guns and mine are fine. (I know everyones different so dont even) but I’m taking my daughter to gingers jewelry. (Idk if they have those everywhere).

2 Likes

My mom waited until we where old enough to ask and care for them I got them done for my 7th birthday my oldest daughter is already asking for them and debating getting them done for her 4th birthday. When you do it as baby’s the earrings have more of a chance of being crooked when they grow up

I asked my mom when i was 5 lol i was scared as hell! I tried like 4 years finally got then done at the mall for free :joy::woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Not my decision to pierce my daughters ears. It’s her body, her choice. I don’t think it’s right for me to decide to modify her body for cosmetic purposes unless medically necessary.

3 Likes

My pediatrician did my nieces ears at 2 months. Cried for a second but was ok after and no reaction

3 months at her pediatrician’s office.

1 Like

3 months at Clair’s, she did fine :blush:

1 Like

I was 3 mons old.
My daughter was 2.
Def go to a Tattoo place that does piercings.

1 Like

When they ask for it my youngest wanted it when she was 4 , our rules are she needs to ask 3 separate times -not prompted not in a row etc to make sure that’s something she wants . Our oldest wants it for her 10th bday

2 Likes

I got mine done at 18mo.
My nieces both got theirs done at like 3mo.

My daughter is 15mo and I was kinda thinking id wait for her to ask for it.
I think it would be a cool event for her to experience and remember. Idk
Do you!

1 Like

My daughter was about 3 1/2 months and we did it at Walmart. She’s never had a problem with her ears and I think that since we did it when she was younger she didn’t realize they were there and never played with them so she doesn’t mess with them now.

I’m waiting until my daughter says she wants them

4 Likes

My daughter was around 6 months…she never wears them…my son asked at 9yrs and wears them years later every day.

1. When he asked for an earring for about 6 months strait. Took him to a tattoo shop and had a friend do it.

My daughter just turned a year and we’re going to get them done. I’ve been told a professional tattoo or piercing place is best, I’ve heard that some pediatricians will do it as well but I’ve never known anyone personally who’s done that.

My Gramma got mine preceded as a baby, when I was 5 or 6 I decided I didn’t want them and my parents took them out. Few years later I decided to repierce them. Try to pay attention to people giving you shit about “altering or mutilating” her body, it’s an earring. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes: If she decides she doesn’t like them she can tell you later in life and take them out like I did. Just make sure you go somewhere clean that knows what they’re doing.

Mine were done when I was a baby but I agree with others who say wait and let your daughter decide. It’s HER body.

2 Likes

Please bring your child to a reputable piercing shop where they used sterile needles to pierce. The piercing guns create trauma to the ear lobe and are impossible to completely sterilize. My local shop will pierce at a minimum 5 years old.

2 Likes

Did my oldest at claires for her 1st bday. Bought a gun and earrings at Walmart and did it myself with my littlest shortly after 1 year

1 Like

Also waiting for my daughter asks for it. I will be taking her to a tattoo/piercing shop if she wants them done.

1 Like

Did it right before her 2nd birthday, did them at the mall at a jewelry center & she cried for a few minutes then after she loved them kept wanting to look at them

7 months at Piercing Pagoda in the mall. My doctor’s office doesn’t do it. She screamed for 3 seconds and we stuck a bottle in her mouth. That was the end of it. Only problem we’ve ever had was she lost an earring when she was almost two and I had to take her back to get one ear pierced, she was a trooper then, too. Never had an infection or anything.

When she wants to because it’s her body not yours. Sorry I don’t mean to be rude but we should respect our children’s bodies and not make unnecessary alterations until they choose for themselves.

4 Likes

My daughter got her’s done for her 8th birthday but I had to take them out because they got infected (yes they were cleaned properly) she is like me, allergic to nickel.

I’m waiting until my daughter is old enough to understand what it is, make her choice, and ask me herself. Her father and I have always agreed on that. I’m not upset at my mom for piercing mine when I was really young, in any kind of way. (I was about 3?) But I’ve always been against babies getting their ears pierced. Idk how old your daughter is, that’s just my opinions on piercings.

2 Likes

Bad mom here. Went to Walmart, she was 5. Not even a flinch. They did both at the same time and we’ve had no issues. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

My oldest was around 6 months and my youngest was around 5 months my oldest is now 24 and my youngest is soon to be 3, had them both done at Claire’s and never had any issues with either.

2 Likes

My son just got his done for his 8th birthday. He asked last year, but I told him it’s a big decision and if he still wants them done next year (this year), then we’d take him to a shop to get them done. Not Clair’s or any bs place like that.
But, I waited for him to ask, just like I’ll wait for my girls to ask - if they ever want them.

1 Like

I dont recommend babies getting their ears pierced. Especially with a gun the gun can get stuck and rip the babies ear and can cause permanent damage. Always go to a licenced piercer! Also i didn’t have mine done til i was 13. But thats because i wanted them at 13

2 Likes

Kindergarten go to a tattoo shop

1 Like

8 months and 6 months. It’s your child do as you want. Fyi it’s easier to clean and heal as babies they dont mess with their ears like that. No ear infections ever with my two girls. I cleaned them 3x a day. And they healed great. Just as advice get screw on back ear rings

1 Like

My daughter was 6 months, we had asked her pediatrician and she said to wait until after she was finished with her first set of shots. We had it done at Piercing Pagoda at our local mall they had two technicians and they did both ears at one time. I would get some gold earrings to put in your baby because you don’t know if she’s going to have a reaction or an allergy to the other kind of metals. And don’t listen to what any of these naysayers have to say it’s their choice what they do with their children just like it’s your choice.

Everyone is different but i believe if your child is old enough to tell you they want it done and can learn to clean ears themselves they can get it done.

1 Like

Both my girls got theirs done on their 5th birthday, totally their choice

1 Like

3 months for both girls, no problems, and now they are almost 2 and 7 and dont pay attention to them

Around 2.5 months old. Piercing Pagoda, lady did one at a time. Baby barely cried. Shes 2 now, never had a problem with them. And i change them out every few months, always real gold though

I’m not getting our daughter’s peirced if/until she asks for it and is old enough to clean them herself. We’re going to a tattoo shop to do it.

1 Like

Both of my girls got theirs done between 2-3 months. They were great about it and honestly they healed very fast! Everyone is different and people will judge regardless of what you do anyway.

2 Likes

Tattoo shops are actually the best place to go to for ear piercings.

1 Like

We will go to a tattoo shop and when my daughter asks.

1 Like

How many earrings do you want to find all over the house? Wait until your child is old enough to leave them alone. My daughter wanted hers done, godfather took her for it at about 8. She thought it was too icky to put earrings in and out so I had to do it while she flinched at the cleaning. Our fat earlobes made studs painful, then she just stopped wearing them & let them close up. She’s 27 now & still has no desire to re-pierce.

I’m letting my daughter decide on her own if she wants them done.

I’m letting my daughter decide on her own if she wants them done.

3 and 1. They did great, cried just a little but after that they wanted to show everyone their “pretties”

1 Like

I waited till she asked, age 5.Claires

1 Like

I was 9 when I had mine pierced. If you’re going to get them done, a tattoo shop is the best place to get them done.

4 Likes

3 months and they heal fast. People will judge you no matter what you do.! It is a lot more sterile at an actual piercing shop. The guns they use( at other places) can’t be properly sanitized butttt both my daughters had them done and have been fine and they healed fast. Just clean with saline solution

1 Like

I personally will wait until my daughter asks me to get her ears pierced. Piercing babies ears is definitely a no no because they are much more prone to infection since they lay down and fiddle with their hands on their ears alot. It just seems like the best idea is to wait until she is ready and asks you, that way it’s something she wants instead of a possible traumatic experience.

1 Like

She’s old enough when she says she wants to get her ears pierced. Her body, her choice.

We got my daughters done at 4 months.
She cried initially but that was it.
They healed up real nice and she has no idea that they are even done.
My 2 year old son doesn’t even mess with her ears and that was my biggest fear.

My girls were 2 months, 3 months, and 6 months its better to do em when they are youn so they dont play/fuss with them! I regret nothing…haters gunna hate…

1 Like

I was 8, I went to shop that sells earrings and gold objects. It was completely ok, a part the fact that I remember I took an earring for too long and my ear started bleeding.

If you’re going to do it… regardless of age… PLEASE PROMISE THAT YOU WILL GO TO A TATTOO / PIERCING SHOP! ALLOW PROFESSIONALS TO DO IT.

However I think you should wait till at least 7.

4 Likes

my daughter was 5 months for first hole, second holes she was 7 and done at a tattoo shop both times. much more sanitary

1 Like

My daughter was 6 years old, (just a couple months ago they were done, and healed nicely, always use the ear care wash they give you, everyday until it’s gone) but anyway, she didn’t even cry, they did both ears at once and it went amazing. And that was at Walmart!!! I was going to get them done when she was an infant but I decided to wait until she wanted, and was able, to make the choice on her own to get them or to not get them. She’s happy and I’m happy so it worked for us!

Tattoo shop or else don’t pierce her ears.

2 Likes

I’ve had mine done at Claire’s haven’t had any issues or infections.If you clean them like you should and turn the earrings you will be fine.All with the ear gun.In Cosmetology school I got my 2nd holes done again no issues.My girls were 9 .I was 11 when I got mine done.HS when i got my 2nd holes.

Let them decide. Not the end of the world if you do it now but I’m excited to wait until my daughter tells me she wants them and I can teach her responsibility for herself and taking care of them herself and going together for a girls day.

1 Like

Got my ears pierced when I was in the 6th grade.

Did mine at 6 weeks. She cried but got over it quickly. Just like vaccines. No problems with infection either. We went to claire’s in the mall. the price includes earrings, and after care solution. My problem is as she got older she found out they were there and pulled them out. Haven’t been able to keep any earrings in since.

I got my daughters done at 6 weeks. She is 15 now. The only time she wears them is pageants or dances. She literally begged for her cartilage and I took her a week later it was out and hasn’t been back in.

When ever you decide is your choice just go to a professional.
For all of those saying her body wait it’s her choice are the same people that allow their children to eat shit food but they aren’t okay with this. Honestly don’t even know why parents ask this question in a group like this.

I honestly think (my own opinion) that the child should be old enough to give their own answer on rather or not they want it done. My daughter finally said at 7 that she wanted hers pierced.

When they ask you to have it done is the right age.

7 years old, went to Claire’s in the mall. They did both sides at the same time, she was brave and we didn’t have any problems.

Pediatrician office at age 4 when she asked for it for her bday

When they asked. Not your body to put holes in.

1 Like

I waited till my daughter wanted hers done, she was 15. She got them done at Claire’s

I had my daughter’s ears pierced at 2 mths old at CLAIRE’S and she is now 11 years old. Never ever had a problem.

How old is she?is she old enough to have an opinion?we waited until 12. That way there was a clear opinion and logical choice for them to make on their own.

Most Hispanics do it after the umbilical cord is healed. My little sisters were just slightly startled but no crying.

Mine is 13. no desire to have her ears pierced. But if she does I’ll be taking her to a tattoo/piercing shop to have it professionally done.

1 Like

My daughter was in school and she asked if she could have it done so we made it a girl’s day out

4 months old … at a beautician…
They don’t play with them they don’t get infected perfect age

Whenever u want, & tattoo parlor NOT place in the mall!! They do NOT sanitize ANYTHING!!!