When to stop kissing kids on the lips?

I have adult friends that still kiss their parents on the lips. My 7 year old mostly stopped at 5ish but still does on occasion.

whenever the child asks you to. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I still kiss my grandparents and parents on the lips. I didnt realize until i was older that there are people who dont. I thought it was normal. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Everyone feels different on the subject & each person is entitled to do as they please with their children… With that said, I kissed my dad on the lips til the day he died! I don’t with my mom… With my kids, i don’t with my 16 & 11 yr old but do with my 6 yr old… I think everyone does what they feel comfortable with & its nobody’s business but theirs.

My 6 year old still kisses me on the lips. Not as frequently as when she was little but it still happens at least 2 times a day, when the bus picks her up in the morning and bedtime.

Im European we We kiss as a greeting and a show general affection so I guess it would depend on your families culture and how you guys feel about there’s nothing ever wrong with showing your child affection I always taught my son to give people his cheek when they wanna That’s what has worked for me

I think it’s dependent on the child. My kids are 11 & 9 and they still kiss me on the lips. I love it because they’re my babies. They do on occasion kiss me on the cheek and that’s fine too. They’ll decide when they don’t want to any more. Just my thoughts with my kids.

3 Likes

I kiss all my babies on the lips. They are 1.5, 4,6,and 8. I wouldn’t have it any other way!!

I don’t think anyone should kiss their kids on the lips. If you have cold sore then they have one also. Don’t spread your germs to your kids.

3 Likes

My 13 year old daughter still tries to kiss me on the mouth, I feel she is old enough for cheek kisses so I usually do a side mouth kiss if that makes sense, to kinda slowly adjust to cheek kisses. My 4 month old doesnt get mouth kisses because 1: slobber, 2: spit up. 3: it’s always open in a giant grin, and 4: I dont want to give her germs.

2 Likes

My 9 year old boy has decided its embarrassing to be kissed on the lips but my 7 year old still lets me. I think the kiddos will let most likely let you know :woman_shrugging: personally, this momma will kiss my kiddos that way as long as they will let me!! They grow up to fast savor every moment!!

1 Like

Stop. Sexualizing. Everything. Good god… 🤦🤦🤦🤦

8 Likes

I kiss my 7 year old on the lips lol I’m not going to stop, he’s my baby. I made him. Unless he tells me he doesn’t want my kisses anymore then it’ll carry on.

1 Like

I’ve never done mouth kisses, but mostly because I never wanted the slobber. Both my kids get cheek and forehead kisses.

1 Like

I’m 28 and still kiss my mom on the lips lol. I kiss my almost 4 year old on the lips and my 6 month old on the lips

My dad kissed us on the lips til the day he died 13 years ago. I’m 44.

1 Like

I think occassionally as a baby is fine, but yea after about 1 or 2 it just looks weird. We started give daughter kisses on the cheek when she was around 2. Then when she started kindergarten she started doing this double cheek kiss thing so we have to kiss each other on both cheeks. Now it’s our daily routine, LOL.

1 Like

I’m 29 and kiss my mom, grandma and grandpa on the lips. A few aunt’s and uncles as well. We’ve always done it. My kids are 4 and 2 and I kiss them on the lips.

We never have and unless she initiates it later we won’t. Not that it’s weird but just don’t want to get her sick. So many I know have passed stuff on like that :sob:

1 Like

I’ve never done mouth kisses. Only cheek and forehead…

1 Like

When they ask you not to anymore. My son is 7 now. Only allowed to kiss him on top of his head. Or on the side of it.

Any others he rubs off. He loves a cuddle still though

My 13 year old still kisses me on the lips…sometimes

When they don’t do it anymore🤷‍♀️

1 Like

I love lip kisses with my kids!! do it as long as possible!!

When they don’t want y4

When they don’t want you to kiss them on the lips

3 Likes

My daughters are 9, 7, and 4… and They still kiss me on the lips.

Both my girls ages 7 and 9 kids my cheeks

I’m 25, and I feel for *me" I’m too old to peck my dad on the lips (his facial hair also bugs me :rofl::joy:…soooo cheek kisses it is :slight_smile: ) My kids are 7&4, and I kiss them on their lips…but when they no longer want kisses on their lips is when I will stop :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

I haven’t kissed my son on the lips and he’s 7 months. He’s a slobber monster right now.

2 Likes

Myself I have never kissed mine on the lips.But my mom never kissed me on the lips either.

1 Like

Its very dangerous to kiss infants on the lips …
Ive never kissed my child on the lips …
Im sure everyone has heard of herpes…
Deadly to infants and small children …

No if it’s family it’s ok, some cultures do it tons, if you want to keep doing it. People make it into something it’s not. My 9 year old likes kisses, it’s a quick peck it all depends on the situation and child.

When the child no longer wants too. My daughter gives me lip kisses at almost 10. My son who’s six will sometimes and other times I get a cheek kiss. I’m good with whatever makes them comfortable.

1 Like

My eldest 15 won’t, lucky if he talks! But my 11yr he will still so will my girls 9 & 6. It just won’t happen anymore & one day ull realise that it doesn’t happen anymore & there will be a sense of loss! They r growing up

1 Like

I think kissing a child/ baby on the lips is wrong no matter the age there’s cheeks and a forehead to kiss. Kiss those

Whenever you or your child are uncomfortable with it. Be it 2-62

3 Likes

We never kissed any of the kids on their lips.
We never got kissed on the lips.

I would go by what your children are comfortable with and what they want to do.

My boys still kiss me on the lips. Quick peck and a hug before bed , before school ,usually whenever we part but Due to being older and not wanting to embarrass them if their friends are around its cheek and hug and always I love you!

I am 35 and still kiss family my sister and parents on the lips occasionally. My kid is 15 and still does with me. I have talked to him about it though to make sure he isn’t feeling weird about it. I think it is more just a family trait. Nothing weird to me about it.

1 Like

I’m going to be 28 years old and still kiss my mom on the lips when we say bye to each other! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Mine is 9. She still does and as long as she is comfortable with it I’m going to take her love when I can for as long as I can.

My 35yr old daughter and I still do.

My daughter is 22 and we still do this but my boys stopped me when they feel it was time

My girls are 10 7 and 2 and I still do

I kiss my kids (11 &9) on the lips. Any one else other than family will get slaughtered immediately. I will kiss them until THEY decide it’s weird for them. They’ll let you know. I def don’t make them

I dont kiss mine on the lips, I think it’s kinda wierd. Not judging anyone who does tho

I know a family that gave there kids cold sores by kisses on the lips