When to take maternity leave?

I’m 25 weeks pregnant and completely exhausted. I feel physically mentally and emotionally drained. I have the normal aches and pains I can handle that for the most part but I’m stressed out my job is becoming overwhelming I work with a lot of older women and recently I’m not sure how but I’ve gotten on a coworkers bad side and now she’s turned like 5 other women against me and they’ve just been picking on me acting bitchy and trying to get me in trouble for everything they possibly can I feel like I’m back in high school (yes they know I’m pregnant they don’t care) and I don’t feel like my boss is on my side. I’m starting to feel depressed I wanna cry all the time I feel sad most of the day and my anxiety is insane I wake up at night with my heart beating super fast wondering what my next day of work brings I feel sick to my stomach my head is constantly pounding yesterday I felt so overwhelmed and defeated that I threw up my dinner and today I just haven’t been that hungry so I haven’t ate as much as I probably should. I really wanted to work as long as I possibly could but I feel like it’s taking a huge toll on me mentally I’m not sure how much more I can take before I completely just break down.

So I guess my question is can I go on maternity leave this early or take a stress leave ? Will I get paid? (I work for a big company that offers FMLA and disability) the next time I see my dr is at 28weeks exactly and I’m considered high risk so I see my dr ever 2-3weeks

Thank you

7 Likes

Tell your doctor how you feel, might be able to help you.

Talk to your Dr about this. I think If your stress is so bad you lose your lunch you need plan B. Plan A is you continuing to work. Stress hormones aren’t good for baby either.

1 Like

Would your doctor be able to sign you off sick from work for a few weeks? Do speak to your doctor and tell them how you feel and whats been going on they may be able to help you further x

1 Like

Go on sick leave or medical leave, tell your Dr what’s going on and they should sign off on it. Its unhealthy for you and babe to be always stressed. Nothing wrong with taking a leave early! Your body is preparing to give birth to a baby, you need to relax and stay stress free.

1 Like

Sick leave/stress leave then you can go on mat leave as soon as you run out of sick leave. Cortisol is released when you get stressed out. High cortisol levels are not good for developing babe. Best to speak to your doctor right away. So sorry to hear you are going through all this.

2 Likes

Talk to your dr. if he puts you on bedrest you may get paid, but I doubt it.

Don’t wait till next Dr appt-call NOW! Ur Dr can put u off work NOW! Not good for baby all that stress. Toooo hell with those witches at work!

Would your doctor be able to sign you off sick from work for a few weeks? Do speak to your doctor and tell them how you feel and whats been going on they may be able to help you further x