When to try for baby?

My significant other and I have an almost 10 month old son. I’m 25 and he’s 31. We want to start trying for another baby but we can’t help but wonder if it’s too soon. So my question is, when did you have your second baby? Would you recommend having them closer together or farther apart? Thanks!

10 Likes

Most OBs say to give your body 18months to recover fully

2 Likes

Mine are 11 months apart.
Happened completely by accident. When I switched birth controls after having my son.
But thankful we had them so close and now we have 2 & done. :blue_heart::two_hearts:

2 Likes

My 3 girls are all 2yrs apart.

My first two were 3 years apart then I had 2 a year apart and my 4th 2 years later. I would have to say I preferred the 3 years apart.

1 Like

My last 2 are 13 months apart, both girls and it’s AWESOME they have a twin bond

I had my second child when my first was 10 months old. Have a 3rd child 4 years later. The small Gap was so much easier

1 Like

My second was 4 years after my first. Closer is better so they get along and have someone to play with. The further apart they are they fight. Or just have too much age difference

1 Like

I have a 14 year old son and a 10 year old son and they can try to kill each other one minute and laughing hysterically the next. I also have another one due in June

Mine are 12.5 months apart and they are 13 months old and almost 4 weeks… it’s very challenging to have them this close right now lol

I have an almost 6 year old and 9 month old twins. So far so good. I think it’s just whatever works well for your family. If you both want to and are able, then I don’t see the issue. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Mine are 3 years apart the gets along well

12 yr old, 10 yr old, and 4 yr old .

I hate the big gap… but it works in most cases. .

There wasn’t jealousy when the first 2, but then little 1 came along and someone wasn’t the baby anymore and now it’s still awful, lol. .

However, I wouldn’t change my kiddos for anything :slight_smile:

My daughter will be 8 in July second baby will be here this August they will be 8 years apart I probably won’t wait that long again but i don’t want to babies in diapers so I’m going to give a good 3-4 year gap

My daughter is 5 and i now have a 6 month old OMG IM SO HAPPY I WAITED! she understands that another baby takes a lot of attention and she is able to do her own thing when im busy with the baby and loves her baby sister soooo much! She loves to help out. Every person i have been around that has had them close struggle with the attention part if it. A toddler (like 1.5-2 years old) still requires a lot of attention and i didnt want to take that away from my first. But hey every situation is different.

My kids are 11 and 2, but I have family that has children close in age, I see no difference, they will love each other and fight like cats and dogs no matter what. But at least they can go to the same school being so close in age and look out for each other.

My daughter is 3 and my son is 1, they are 21 months apart and it’s perfect for our family. It was rough with our daughter being jealous when her brother was first born but I had her help with as much as she could and she quickly became obsessed with her brother! I love having them close in age!

My boys are 16 months apart and I wouldn’t change it. Sure some days are rough but you’ll be fine

2 Likes

My son is 17 months and baby #2 will be here tomorrow

1 Like

First two are 18 months apart and it worked well for us.

1 Like

Mine are 18 months apart

I can tell you that my Granddaughters are 17months apart and they are the best of friends!

It’s better to have them closer together…I have a 15,12 and a 1 year old

Mine are 15, 11 & 6… Has some perks & some drawbacks

My first two are 21 months apart. New baby and my middle will be almost 3 years apart. I’d rather have a slightly bigger age gap. :heartpulse:

Only you & he will know if it’s too soon or not. It’s different for everyone one.

I’m one of 3 girls & theres 5 years between us. Our birth years are May 78, Dec 80 & Mar 83.
I have older step siblings that are born in Jun 76 & Jun 77.

November 28, 2015 my first child, June 9, 2017 my second and nov 1, 2019 is my third coming this year… no it’s not too soon but they are closer in age and I’m already pulling my hairs out but it is totally worth it cause my babies are my pride and joy!

3 yrs and 3 mos and they’re great!

My daughter was just a month and a half shy of her 2nd birthday when her brother was born (now 3 and 17 months) and we have found it to be wonderful. She’s so caring and “motherly” and has been since day 1. Looks out for him, but they play very well together and she loved showing him stuff. I was a year and 22 days older than my sister and it was fine when we were younger but as we got older I couldn’t stand having he so close in age…same clothes, same friends, same attitude :woman_facepalming: but everyone is different…just my experience.

My brother and I are 11
months apart. We grew up best friends. I’m sure it’s hard at first, but worth it in the end BC they will entertain each other and be super close.

My brother and I are 11
months apart. We grew up best friends. I’m sure it’s hard at first, but worth it in the end BC they will entertain each other and be super close.

Mine are 20 months apart.

I have 2 girls . Oldest will be 12 in August and my youngest will be 3 in may

My son is two and if i want another baby im going to wait tell he’s either in preschool or kindergarten I want him to be able to have mommy and me time and be able to be a baby and I’ll have to make him grow up or have two kids in diapers be able to help with the baby if he wants

Mine are 3 year 5 months apart. My second one was definitely not planned but they get along great. My daughter is the oldest and very protective and motherly towards my son.

I had 3 under 3 it was hard but wouldn’t of had it any other way…my son was 1 year 9 months when I had my second .my second was 1 year 21 days before I had my 3rd …so my eldest and youngest are 2 years 9 month apart