Where can I find pants that will fit my child?

My daughter, who’s 4, is on the bigger side for her age. It’s very hard to find things, mainly pants that fit good. She’s a size 10 in the waist but needs maybe like a size 6 for length. It’s hard finding pants that have the snap button because she isn’t very good with a regular button right now. Stretchy pants don’t seem to work either. Is there a good brand that will work with her size & height?

5 Likes

I had to use leggings for my daughter. They were a little long but if I put her in a pair of boots no one could tell. Then if it was warmer I would buy the kid capris and they would hit just a little above her ankle so she could use those with sandals.

1 Like

I don’t have a suggestion. Except decide which is better for her; knit pants/leggings or jeans. Leggings are def easier to hem.

1 Like

Leggings or old navy

Children’s place but get husky instead of regular

1 Like

I think leggings would work best.

I know certain stores like JC Penney and children’s place have pants that are husky that would probably work for her

1 Like

Children’s place online has jeans all sizes come in slim regular and plus, they have the adjustable waist and are like $8 each! My daughter has the opposite problem and these have been a lifesaver every year.

Buy overalls. They have snap legend ones.

1 Like

I had my oldest daughter who was shaped differently then they make little girl clothes wear dresses and leggings and sweat pants until she was eight and we finally found pants and Jean’s that fit.

Just hem the pants if you have a sewing machine. If u dont u can still take a thread and needle and sew it up in 4 different spots to hem them.

Leggings. Also justice jeans has plus or half sizes but would still need to be hemmed.

My daughter has a big waist but an average length and we usually have her just wear stretch shorts or leggings. Jeans are very uncomfortable for her.

You can also use hem tape that you lay on and fold the pants over and iron. Much easier if you aren’t handy with sewing or know anyone who could sew.

3 Likes

We use leggings and jeggings for our 2 yr old who wears a 4T for my nephew i had to have jeans hemmed when he started school. Yes there are still seamstresses lol

Lularoe legging would probably work really well

Leggings for sure !!!

Leggings and skirts or dresses work for my daughter. Also for jeans just hem the bottom. If you don’t know how contact an older family relative to ask for help, it was more common in their generation than in ours.

My 4 yr old is the same way. I purchased size 10/12 capris and those worked great as long pants

1 Like

By NO MEANS AM I BEING DISRESPECTFUL BUT CUT OFF X AMOUNT OF THE LEG THEN USE HEMMING TAPE JUST A SUGGESTION

1 Like

My daughter is the same way. I waited til summer stuff went on sale and bought capris in the waist size she needs

Walmart has a plus size section that works really well for niece who is on the bigger side but not huge!

Children’s place is great

My daughter is 12 years old and I’ve always shopped at Walmart. I very rarely go anywhere else. She’s currently an extra extra extra large and she is only 11 where is size 10 in women’s shoes. She wears stretchy shorts or pants more than anything she never really did like blue jeans even as a young child. trust me the older they get the harder it gets especially when they start wearing sports bras and everything

I have a big boy and I buy the size he needs in the waist and grammy hems the legs up

I don’t know where you’re from, but I work for The Buckle! We carry youth denim and even have a curvy section for the boys and girls! Plus we do free alterations-including hemming, buttons, and fixing zippers!
If you have more questions, feel free to ask!

3 Likes

I have this issue with my eldest. I buy her 3/4 leggings which end up being the right full length for her leg or I have to hem her pants.

Dude hold on learn to hem on a machine super easy worth the investment TRUST ME. If you feel uncomfy doing new clothes go to goodwill and secondhand shops.

1 Like

Children’s place and Old Navy have been the best since the waist adjust. As far as length I’m not sure I think best option would be hemming unfortunately.

Children’s Place has plus sizes and they have the buttons inside to tighten or loosen the waist. They worked for my daughter. Mine’s 6 and wears a 10/12. She says leggings are more comfortable, so she prefers to wear those though.
ETA: I don’t think they have the plus sizes in store. I think we ordered them from their website and had them shipped to the store. They have awesome sales too!!

Went through similar with my youngest, leggings were our bestfriend.

Get the 10 and just fold until you get the right length then hem that sucker. That way you can take them down as she grows :grin:

My son is size 16 waist, but probably a size 10 for length. I just cut and hem all his pants to fit. Takes about 10 minutes. For joggies, I remove the elastic at the bottom and move it up to my new hemline. Or I look specifically for husky fit.

Maybe try finding size 10 capri pants.

You can always have her clothes tailor made and you can also probably find her a seamstress at Jo-Ann Fabrics.

Take a scissor and cut off all but 2 inches longer than needed. Roll 1 inch in and roll 1 more inch. Sew into place or seal with hemming tape. Most of my daughters pants were too large at the waist and I put darts in the waist. For the button, replace with industrial strength velcro with glue on back.

1 Like

Children’s place has husky. My son needs a 10/12 also and 7 length. I get the 7H from The Children’s Place and they fit perfect. You have to order the (H) sizes online is the only set back. They also have adjustable straps on inside if they are between sizes.

2 Likes

I’ve always liked target and old navy. I have the same problem with my daughter, she is now 9, wears a 6 petite in juniors. To me old navy clothing is made roomier than other brands of clothing to begin with and they offer plus sizes that will be bigger in the waist without increasing the length. Cat and jack from target is the same way. They offer plus sizes. Check out their websites bc there is more variety online than in the actual stores.

When my daughter had this problem we pretty much stuck with leggings and jeggings

Honestly I had/have the same issue myself, Im 5’8 180lbs with big hips and big calfs I just cut losses and stuck to leggings and jeggings

google pants for tall children?

Please please please start working on her health.

As a kid that grew up chunky I know how hard it is for chubby girls.

Unless there’s a medical reason, the solution is more exercise and fresh foods.

11 Likes

JC Penny has a large selection of plus size clothes. My daughter is a little “bigger”/curvier and that’s where I typically shop…I can usually find bottoms on sale between 10 and 15 dollars. also, Walmart has been adding plus sizes in!

2 Likes

Hem it… Either Learn to sew, or get a seamstress. And teach her God makes us in all different sizes and shapes and He Loves us all!

3 Likes

Would dresses work better? Dot Dot Smile has sizes that truly fit a wide range. There is a Facebook page called ISO DOT DOT SMILE— you can request size 10s and I promise they will work up to a 14ish, so you will get your money’s worth. We’ve had the same dresses for 3 years!
Listen, my girl is 7 and in a size 10. And not that it’s anyone’s business but she weighs as much as her 11 year old step sister. Who is 2 feet taller than most 11 year olds.
It’s hard enough to find clothes, please make sure she know that♥️

Try justice, they have a good plus size selection. Childrens place and old navy have decent ones as well. But my oldest has always fot justice the best. It can get a little pricey so I suggest looking at consignment shops too for those brands.

I did Carters pull up pants when I had a daughter that way when she was little. I had a lady that hemmed them for me

My best friends so was the same way. She ended up having to get the jeans tailored…

Try the capris at wall mart for the older girls the cotton ones cheep stretchy and will fit Ike pants

1 Like

Buy a sewing machine n take pants up that’s what I do

We always had amazing luck at Jc.penny with there plus size

1 Like

Also- not all plus sizes are cut the same… if you call justice they can tell you how the plus sizes run- I did this and they were very knowledgeable!! (I can’t remember the specifics now tho :woman_shrugging:t2:)

Justice and the children’s place has bigger sizes but I’d just have the pant legs taken in some

Cut the length then sew

1 Like

Justice has a nice plus selection

Try putting it on the google search bar. 10w 6l pants for girls ?

Check out Justice, I have always had great success with them.