Where can I get Christmas help?

Does anyone know where I can get help with a few Christmas gifts for my kids? I have a four-year-old son and a 17-year-old daughter and live in central Ohio. I’m a single mom, and I’ve always been able to make Christmas happen for my kids. This year it just isn’t going to come together. I just don’t have any extra money. I’ve reached out to some charities, but it appears I’m too late and should have contacted them months ago. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

42 Likes

Check with local churches I know they sometimes have things going on. At 17 she will understand, and a 4 yr old would be happy with things from the dollar store still, don’t stress love your kiddos extra spend the day in pjs and watch Christmas movies enjoy being with one another :two_hearts:

9 Likes

I am from Canada we have our local church or food banks that may help in your area.

1 Like

Salvation Army, Goodwill, Churches, Food Banks etc -
I honestly think your time to sign up for it has come and gone right now (in our area at least) they are handing out gifts and food.

1 Like

Your not alone hugs maybe try salvation army

1 Like

make it a Christmas to remember, bake cookies and arts n crafts with the little one.she will remember moments not gifts :heart:

2 Likes

Your very late to the game here… most places start early November working on lists… maybe your local fb mom group can help

5 Likes

Definitely try reaching out on your local fb pages. In my area we have buy/trade/free pages but often in my area at least I’ve seen help offered for things like this

I would suggest even calling your local TV stations.
Sometimes they know of places that aren’t advertising giveaways.

Try a local school, teachers always can help direct you.

Facebook local groups. Alot of people give away older toys for free to make room for new toys.

I might be able to help! I live by Sandusky Ohio if u are near!

2 Likes

Call local churches. A lot of them do their own angel tree and it may not be too late. We were able to add a couple extra families to the one at our church last minute a few years ago when the need was made aware to the pastor.

Our family is really feeling it this year too. I was just taking to my grandma about how ashamed I am we couldn’t do more for the kids this year. But they’ll understand. Ours know they’ve never seen us struggle like we did this year (corona) and they have been amazing little people. It’s been humbling.

A 4 year old is easy and cheap to buy for, go to the dollar store…the 17 yr old probably knows your situation and should be happy with electricity, clothes, and food, but a few little presents doesn’t cost much…kinda late to be asking for help with Christmas a few days away…

1 Like

You can do cute gift basket ideas from the dollar store. Ask your local churches, most of them will do things. If you have a small gift box you can make cookies and put them in it like a little gift.

Try a for sale site on Facebook for your area. Some families might have extra gifts and donate them to you.

1 Like

Maybe make an amazon list and post the link somewhere where there’s a lot of people. Say your situation and some people might be willing to help

Try asking others you know friends, family, daycare for donations of toys. Im sure people who know you would gladly donate gifts

Vfw or American legion

Just say you’re broke so we can help make an Amazon wishlist & post it to this group. They might be able to help you. Best of luck :heart:

1 Like

Where are you located?

Id love to know as well.

Where are you located I would like to help

Please PM me. I’d love to help you by sending some cash via PayPal or Venmo. I have a 4 year old little boy so I know how important the holiday is to them. Prayers for you mama. :heart:

1 Like

Please post if you have a Zelle or other way people can help

If this Mama is willing to message me privately, I’d be more than happy to get each of your kids and you a gift on Amazon and have it shipped to you! :purple_heart: Don’t ever feel ashamed to ask for help. (I know, way easier than done). :heart:

64 Likes

In my area we go through neighborhood and pass out age appropriate toys. Mind you it’s only one present per child but it helps.

Wish you’d asked even here on Facebook earlier so people could post it🥺 try churches, local moms group! or create home made certificates (simple write colourfully on paper) for experiences or breakfast of choice or late movie night etc

7 Likes

Maybe get them experiences? Like a day when they are allowed to choose what you do, what you eat, etc.

9 Likes

Henryedda Elaine Colvard did you think that maybe this woman’s pride and dignity kept her from reaching out? In these times it may be one of the only things she has left that she’s in control of.

6 Likes

Have you tried the Salvation Army? They have help for Christmas presents and food

Toys for Tots. They’re taking applications until December 23rd.

1 Like

Do you have dollar tree in your area? My four year old would be thrilled with anything from there .

1 Like

Last year I printed out homemade certificates for each of them that they redeemed for a “date” nite out with mom… just one on one time and they got to choose what we did… they really enjoyed getting them… thinking what they wanted to do … and being able to do it… (I’m also a single mom and have 3 kiddos)

13 Likes

I’m sorry you feel this way mom. Hope you are able to get something for your kids. :revolving_hearts: I have a 5 year old and 2 year old. My youngest is to young to know better but as for my 4 year old. I have decided that we as a family won’t be doing the Xmas is about gifts tradition. I think they need to learn about giving this year and not expecting anything in return. What my daughter is requesting is way out of our budget and it scares me to think that she is literally just expecting the gift to appear Xmas morning. So this year she will have to be satisfied with a full belly and normal family time. I’m not breaking my head over this. This day is not only about recieving gifts, so I will have her give less fortunate kids her age a meal and in return I hope she will feel some sort of pride in herself for helping others . I do hope you get help tho I can tell this is really something you want to do. Best of luck.

6 Likes

Just charge it. Pay later . Make the kids happy :blush: and then if u can’t pay bill and get late charges blame it on covid.

3 Likes

Hoping your sharing locally will help and I was a single mom too and one year we made turkeys from hot dogs and toothpicks. I can’t imagine doing it today. I commend you for reaching out and it’s my :pray: you all have a Merry Christmas. Have you contacted local businesses or churches. If I were closer I certainly would drop off a few gifts.

1 Like

Following ! My kids won’t get a christmas as I’m laid off due to covid and lost our home

7 Likes

Try some local churches and also the fire station usually does help like that.

1 Like

For the 4 year old try getting some gifts from once-upon-a-child. You can still wrap it up in a box and have a blast opening them, and at that age they don’t care about packaging etc. that’s what we’ve done this year for our 4 year old. As for the 17 year old is there one or two things they really want? Try Facebook market place to find gently used for a lot less. If you have a community moms group ask there too. The one I’m in for my part of town is always happy to try and help another mom out that’s struggling. I know I’ve seen a few requests this year for some help and people were more than happy to donate to the families :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Talk to your school social worker …

2 Likes

Five below is the perfect place…plz message me if u need help god bless u and your family this Christmas

1 Like

Can you maybe use afterpay? Or affirm is at Walmart if you can qualify for it you don’t have to pay until next month and you make payments on it and there’s different payment options im not sure if its only certain items or not but thats something to check out wish there was more I could do to help and im praying something works out for you merry Christmas :purple_heart:

Some CPS schools are doing a toy and grocery drive. Check your local schools.

Dollar Tree has a lot of cute toys for kids and hair stuff, hats and gloves for teenagers. Good luck mom. You got this.

1 Like

I don’t understand how this can happen.

5 Likes

Locally here our police department has help for families

1 Like

Ashley do you know of anyway to help? Shes in OH

Where are you located? I may be able to help.

1 Like

FB group. Walmart Clearance Shoppers. A lot of the people on the page stock up all year, just to be able to help out with things they have collected over the year.

1 Like

My brothers keepers and possibly salvation army

I agree with Emilia Noell Chadwick . Post locally, also reach out to local sheriff’s office.

Post on FB market place in your location.

Join a moms group in your area make the morning special Christmas movies a special breakfast. See if there’s anywhere special they might wana go .maybe take them fishing for the day . Ask the moms in your group if they have any child appropriate toys they’re willing to donate ask your family

1 Like

Do a go fund me…GB🙏

I couldn’t even put a Christmas tree up this year

I know money can be tight around the holidays. Hopefully this will help. They pay $100 dollars if you have proof you had covid and here’s a $20 coupon and if you mentioned I sent you then you get more each time you donate.

If you see this I live in Cleveland Ohio and would love to help! Feel free to pm me!

11 Likes

What city state? I know we have *211 you can call and ask for help! Our WIC office as well as the kiddos school.

Talk to the school social worker is a great :bulb: god bless you

Nicole Knudsen any ideas?

1 Like

https://benefits.holidayrelief.com/e/13/0?mv=e-g-c&requestid=-YrZnQoO9F&destinationid=1856636810&type=b&keyword=christmas+for+needy+families&group=Christmas_Help&utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=675261507&utm_group=34098688265&utm_content=389002142538&utm_device=m&utm_term=christmas+for+needy+families&gclid=CjwKCAiArIH_BRB2EiwALfbH1NKjyIDc0BrGrj1ZrngLV6PaNwRsUI_e3TIXUmBeNrB-WGqPW_Rm_hoCKBAQAvD_BwE

1 Like

https://www.firefighters4kids.com/

1 Like

I remember a Christmas when I was about 10 or 12, I knew my parents were struggling with gifts for me and my 5 sisters. I can tell you I don’t remember at all the gifts we received. What I remember is our Christmas dinner. I guess they couldn’t afford a turkey or a ham so my mom made meatballs and spread a blanket by the Christmas tree and we had a picnic. I guess I thought it was fun because I really don’t remember alot about other Christmases. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Most Christmas help start sign up early (Oct/Nov), with it so close to Christmas I’d say try churches or gofund me

If they really want to they will help you. I reached out to toys for tots even though the registry was closed and they added me to the list after hearing my story and I almost cried. They told me a lot of family’s didn’t make it to pickup so they had one last one.
If a charity really wants to they will help you

If nothing pans out, make it a “memory Christmas”. Do things you’ve never done before. String popcorn, cut out pictures to make dream boards, sing carols, tell Christmas stories, play games, draw pictures, go on an adventure in your backyard.

8 Likes

Toys for Tots for your little. I used to participate in adopt a family programs mine was through Child Inc. The issue now is timing. Most programs I would think have been registered for

Also don’t be afraid to post on your local chatters. I’ve seen so many people get help within hours with the same situation from their community

U might be a little late to get on the lists but I know where we live there r several “toys for tots” programs they city or churches. Try calling ur city line and ask or visit ur cities website. U can even call the local churches or schools.

Joys of toys … I’m in Ohio as well and I have used them a time or two

1 Like

Go to your Catholic church …they usually help people. .good luck …

Our local Salvation Army had extras maybe check your local Salvation Army not the store but like we have one that helps with food and other things

With God he will always provides

1 Like

Maybe post an amazon wish list where people could purchase and ship directly to you.

Call the way outreach they probably help out

Contact local churches in your area and your area salvation Army.

Try and post in your local groups from where you are

I’m in the same boat. I think it’s too late apply for anything now though. God bless

Call your local Salvation Army

Nobody puts their money where there mouth is. I am a disabled vet living on disability, but I still am willing to give money to help a single mom give Christmas to the mom and the kids. I have for two families this year. Come on people, if I can do it so can you.

I would post on your local Facebook garage sale pages etc. I see a lot of that here and people are very willing to help. I am fortunate enough to live in a VERY giving community so that helps but I would definitely try that.

2 Likes

Local churches can also be a resource

It’s 4 days until Christmas. Programs are done with sign ups.

Where are you located? I have something a 4 year old girl would love. We were trying to sell but if close enough you can have

Please let me no if any one knows where I can find help in Las Vegas I just had my 3rd baby girl on December 10th I also have a 1 year old little girl and a 5 year old little girl anything would help in these tuff time thank you!

Whip up some cupcakes or cookies!!

Did anyone get a pay pal link ? I’d love to help as well.

If you’re in NJ, pm me and I’ll see what I can do :yellow_heart:

I live in Central ohio also, if mom can pm me I can help a little in honor of my 17yr stepson who passed in June

3 Likes

Hope u get some pressies for the kids XX​:heart::sunrise:

I was in that same boat when my daughter was just 14 months old. It’s not like she would remember it but, I made her a doll…“Baby Susie”…and some clothing for it out of the fabrics and an old pillow I had in the house. Maybe you could do something like that? BTW, the last I knew, she still has the doll, sans hair!!

DM me your mailing info and gift ideas please

1 Like