Where do you buy your bras?

Hey everyone I have a question, where do you buy your bras? I know that sounds kinda dumb but I gained a bit of weight with my son. Last time I bought bras it was a nightmare. It was my first time since I stopped nursing and honestly i felt like I wasted $250+. And I’d rather not do that again. I’m the largest cup size at Victoria secret, but when I tried Torrid like they said to I basically got laughed out of there. The lady measured me around and said I’d be the smallest size around they have if they have any. I feel like I’m just a weird size now. I eneed up buying Victoria secret bras but I feel like i wore though them so fast. By a month out some of them just didn’t fit comfortably anymore and started digging into my underarms. Ladies I’m lost. I don’t mind spending a little more if I know that there going to last but I can’t be spending that kinda money on bras every 2-3 months. (At this point I’m over a year out from stopping nursing and i don’t think it’s my boobs are still changing anymore)

Lane Bryant!! Was my go to for a long time. I signed up for their rewards and caught them on sale. They always lasted at least a year or sometimes longer.

Hanes … look online on how to measure yourself and buy one that is your size and one sister size to start. Sometimes even the same brand bras will fit completely different. I have never been able to find my bra size in any stores including vs

I’ve gotten some off of Amazon and love them. And 4 years later I still have them.

I got to lane Bryant. They will measure you. I’m not sure if you’d be able to shop there. But at least you can get measured. And if you can wear them they are decent quality

3 Likes

Most of the bras on the Bravmissio website are great! I especially like the Curvy Kate brand. Don’t get the absolute cheapest, get the ones that are at least $68 and up. You can also find the same bras on other websites, it just gives you an idea of what brands are better quality. My Curvy Kate bras last me years and years (not daily use, but frequent use). I have some that are 8 years old and the lace is just now starting to get a bit more frail. I have put them in the dryer and washer when in a pinch, so that may have contributed to it.

Lane Bryant. Same quality as VS, if not better. Very pretty with more sizes to choose from.

I know a lot of women don’t like shopping online but I had the best luck with AdoreMe. I just don’t wear bras anymore though, haven’t for years and it’s so much more comfortable and saves me lots of money. I just buy stuff I think are cute and that I intend to show off lol

I always go to Ross but they won’t measure you there

Kohl’s clearance rack always

2 Likes

VS to be sexy bras and if you are grade a fried size ( lol term I heard a man describe a woman)

I always use torrid and never had an issue maybe you just got a crappy associate that day If they can get you sized and they don’t have in store order online they’re super comfy and seem to last longer then VS

Adore me! It’s online and there’s no judgement. Bonus!!! It comes with the matching undies!!!

Miss Mary of Sweden they are not cheap but the fit is perfect or m&s.

Soma (online). I have a wide back but a smaller cup size. Most women with wider backs have giant boobs, but not me.

It’s totally normal to have the band size or cup size change as we grow and have kids and breastfeed, etc. you aren’t alone.

Firstly, get measured to make sure your buying the right size, then u can buy from any where!
Depending on what u like.
Full coverage, wired, wireless, u can shop target, Walmart, VS, Amazon.

You absolutely do Change in sizes often and for all kinds of reasons though. I had this same issue…I got measured at VS after buying old sizes that just did NOT work for me anymore. They fit, but weren’t ever really comfortable, and for a good while I was just using what i had bc I had spent so much money on them at that point.

I just bought bras on the VS annual sale and if you buy them clearance you can really spend the equivalent of a Walmart bra, but still get that quality.

What I would do is buy one style, on clearance, and try out what you like. Bc they do all fit a bit differently, certain times of the month something that usually fits may be uncomfortable, etc.

I spent about $400, but I got 13 real bras, about 9 bralettes, a couple of nightgowns and pajama items, and even 2 lingerie pieces… So not really bad when you consider how large my order was, and that VS does hold up better than some store brands ever will. My other advice is to wash them in their own loads…I have bra bags, lingerie bags, and I wash ONLY my underwear, bras and delicates on a delicate load, and then I hang dry EVERYTHING. I have VS stuff that’s from when I first got sober, 9 years ago now, and it’s still in great shape!

If you put on the slightest bit of weight, that can change your chest width, or your cup size, etc, so it really does start with knowing your right size, and then trying different styles in and around that size.

I get the hanes bras from walmart, they’re cheap, comfy & I’ve had the one I’m wearing now over a year.

1 Like

Soma. They had so many option in my actual size 34F and the sister size which I guess was a 36DDD. I don’t like Victoria’s Secret bras. They have sales all the time. I hit the $39 bra sales and just about any of them. Trick I learned was when trying on to get them when they hook on the furthest one and as they stretch from wear and wash you can tighten to the next hook and so on.While nursing I never wore a normal bra. Straight nursing bras and sports bras because I’d leak through EVERYTHING.

This may or may not be helpful advice. But I’ve always bought my bras at Victoria’s secret. I used to always just throw them in my laundry and dry them with everything else and they ended up warped and no good within a few months… I then bought a lingerie bag and now I only wash them in there. And they only get washed after I wear it for a week. Then I hang them up to dry. Now they last alot longer like at least a year. But I know that doesn’t help with sizing issues.

Sounds like you’ve got a small rib cage and big boobs? Are you OK with underwire? I like Bali bras from onehanesplace.com. Flower Bali covers me and holds up the girls. There are a lot of other styles too. Did they fit you at VS? You’ll want a proper fitting. I love me Champion sports bras and have found good ones at Dick’s Sporting Goods but they are pricey if not on sale.