Who should plan the baby shower?

If you are being given a baby shower from your family… who plans? Does the mother to be get any say so? If the family is paying, how does that work.

3 Likes

Family and friends should plan it. They can ask for input but should know the mom unless it’s a surprise,

Someone in your life generally throws you a shower without your input & they pay for it.

However no one threw me one so my mom & dad payed for it my mom & I planned it :smiling_face:

3 Likes

It depends. It could be a surprise party without the mother planning or it can be planned with the mother. Anyone can plan it. Its usually family and friends though.

My mom planned and paid for my baby shower. I did side her my Pinterest board to show her what I liked, but she took the reigns

My sister did mine but we worked together. We both contributed money.

1 Like

The planner plans! It’s a gift to you and the baby. You should just show up and go with the flow.
You can make suggestions but ultimately someone else plans it.

3 Likes

My ex family put one for me. I didn’t have to do anything but show up lol. My sister’s were there too.

1 Like

If your family member is paying for it, you should just sit back, enjoy your pregnancy and have a great time at your shower. Be grateful you get a shower, not everyone does.

9 Likes

My best friend and my fiance at the time threw me one for my oldest daughter, I had 2 baby showers for my first (my son) my aunt and cousin on my dad’s side threw me one and my aunt on my mom’s side threw me one too.