Why are kids so bad when their mom is around?

why are your kids so good when you aren’t there and when you come back they go back to being crabby?Soo I was gone for one night for my sisters Bach party and my boyfriend was saying how good my daughter was and she was on her best behavior and then I got home and she just went back to not listening to my boyfriend and having a attitude with him… like why? Lol why does that happen ? My boyfriend is telling me I need to fix that issue with her. She’s six years old

25 Likes

You are their safe place :heart:

2 Likes

It means that you are a good mother and your child feels safe unmasking around you. They walk on eggshells around everyone else. I will try to find the article written about this.

3 Likes

Because u mom is her safe place. My kids r the same way. Its good she knows n she is completely comfortable with u or when ur around

1 Like

She feels most comfortable around you. You did something right if she’s well behaved for other people

That is an issue that you will never fix.

We are our children’s safe space.

We are the ones who get the good, the bad and everything in between because those little people know that we love them unconditionally.

Don’t get me wrong, sometimes you wanna throat punch them for dumping all of their emotions on you, but they do it because they feel safe with us.

Because you are their safe space!

Thats normal as long as my kids are good when im away i know immma great parent :sweat_smile::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Because you are her comfort. There is really no fix for this I have seen it in many different circumstances through many different kids. Theyre calm and collected around others because they feel the need to like they’ll be judged or getting on to or just pressure from somebody different. Then I get back around you and you are their comfort zone so they feel like they can act normal maybe not normal but…

1 Like

They know you love them unconditionally. No matter how bad they are, you still love them! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hugs:

You’re her safe place mama, she can be her true self around you.

2 Likes

Sounds weird but it’s because they feel most comfortable around you. Behaving all day at school and around other adults is difficult sometimes. When they are with you they feel safe to express all of their emotions.

1 Like

Kids know they are safe and comfortable just like an adult who vents to spouse :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

It’s scientifically proven children are worse with their mothers. You’re their safe space, they feel completely free to act as they wish around you. It’s a blessing and curse.

2 Likes

My daughter is the exact same…she’s 6…she is good as gold when with my husband (her stepdad) soon as I get home she changes into a mood cow :rofl:
It can be hard. I feel like ‘why me?’ But heard it can be coz they feel safe or comfortable with u.

We are their “security blanket”. A kid who feels safe will act out with their mom. If school aged they keep all that everything pent up until they come home and just let it go. When I read that I actually smiled because I’m happy my children know they are safe. It’s hard trust me, I have 3 kids but just know it’s for a good reason.

1 Like

It means your kid knows you’ll love them no matter what they do, they feel safe and secure in your love. It’s so hard for us moms

1 Like

This is totally normal. It’s okay to set boundaries for tolerable and intolerable behavior. But like every other mom here, I agree that it is a sign that your child trusts you enough to be vulnerable and express the difficult emotions without a filter.

However, the fact that there is static between her and your boyfriend could also indicate jealousy or resentment of him and at 6, she may not be able to put that into the right words.

Good luck and you are doing just fine, mama :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Because you are mom and kids feel the safest with mom

Because they feel safe with you. They know you’re their safe place.

11 Likes

Because she’s comfortable with you, and she’s known for a long time now, what you will let her get away with.

1 Like

Kids “act out” with who they feel safest with.

My son was and still like this. He’s 10. As I’m gone he’s on his best behavior when I come home it’s a whole different story with him. He doesn’t listen or settle down. :rofl::rofl: It’s a kid thing :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I wish my daughter would talk back be disrespectful have an attitude or anything to any adult she doesn’t want those problems with me so she’s very well behaved. That’s a parenting issue you’re not doing. My daughter has been taught how to behave when I’m there or not.

That’s as natural as it gets. You’re the safe space. If they know for a fact they’re safe they’ll act an ass and push buttons and that’s good. Means yours doing fine.

Maybe she’s scared of him, and when you’re there, she feels safe and protected!!

1 Like

My daughter was the same way. I feel like kids kno they can be themselves when moms around. But idk… it makes no sense to me either lol. She’ll grow out of it hopefully. Mines almost 9 now and she does much better

1 Like

I’ve been told that’s how kids always are. They are most comfortable with showing their emotions around us. It sucks im not gonna lie but it’s actually a compliment :rofl: my 7 year old and 3 year old are the same way…horrible here but everyone says they are the most respectful and well behaved kids when they have them :rofl:

1 Like

my kids (when they were younger) were like gremlins cute and fluffy for everyone else and then I got the feeding them after midnight version :sweat_smile::joy:. Now it’s just my youngest that does that and he’s 4. It will pass. Hang in there

I feel this… Like others say they feel safe with us but I still don’t put up with it and if discipline is needed it is applied.

It’s normal. You’re there safe space. My mom said I was a perfect angel with babysitters, and they would say when she picked me up “this is not the same child you dropped off”

Girl same…I’d love to know how to fix the situation

Maybe she doesn’t like your boyfriend.

1 Like

Because they get away with it. They know mom’s are softer.

Because default parent. :woman_shrugging: they feel most comfortable around the default parent therefore they act out more, show their true feelings, dont hide how they feel in that moment.

Moms are their child’s safe place. Trust me I already asked multiple moms why my toddler acts unhinged with me more than others.

6 Likes

It’s perfectly normal and even healthy – it means your kid feels comfortable being herself around you. Parents get their kids at their worst, especially moms.

Because they feel safe to let their emotions out with you. While an annoying and tiring thing. It’s actually a really beautiful thing. At their young’s ages thing seem like the worst thing that’s ever happened to them because at that point in life it IS the worst thing that has happened and they know momma can comfort them through it.

17 Likes

Alllllllll kids do this. We are their comfort zone so they let lose with us and take full advantage of it to! Nothing wrong with it

1 Like

It’s very common! As long as you’re not clearly disrespecting him in front of her and allowing her to, then I would say he should probably just relax a little (not take it so personally) and learn to understand how children work. Moms are typically the default parent which kids most comfortable with, and that comes with being comfortable to express their real feelings which you really have no control over, it’s a big responsibility , Just try to work with her and teach her and in time as she gets older it will get better . She also probably missed you so maybe she’s being a little rebellious for your attention?? Just a thought because that’s how kids brains work! Lol my son does little rebellious stuff like that when he wants my attention

1 Like

Probably because she knows you will let her get away with it

Because you are their safe space.

That’s a question every mother through out history has asked
Lol

1 Like

Because she wants your attention. They behave for everyone else because they don’t know what that person will do and they know we won’t slaughter them. All kids show out for their parents. Your boyfriend needs to grow up.

Reading these comments I’m in disbelief. My siblings and I didn’t act out with my mom or any adult. How’s that normal maybe different cultures Wow

2 Likes

Seen a study that shows children are 800 times worse when around their moms then with other people. Aren’t we lucky? Haha

Your boyfriend saying that you need to fix this is concerning

4 Likes

“Fix this issue”? :roll_eyes:
Kids are worse for the person who is their rock, their safe place, the one they know loves them unconditionally.

2 Likes

My son has discovered the sass of 6. It’s been like whooooaaaaaa hang on a minute.

I might not make it through this year. LOL.
Please send me lots of coffee.

4 Likes

When your the boss they know the limits … with someone else in charge they don’t know what they will do if they do the wrong thing.