Why do babies get staph infections?

Who all babies are prone to staph infections ??? It makes me stress and feel like a bad mother all in one :disappointed:

2 Likes

I’m as a adult has had 3 in my life… I’m always able to get then … it sucks.

My daughter is now a carrier. Almost 15. She was diagnosed with Mersa . This is something we were told she would always have to watch it for. And to make sure every cut,bump,nodule. Will need to be washed and cleaned thoroughly.

1 Like

I’ve had MRSA (9years ago) and 1 other staph infection recently(dirty coworker had one and didn’t tell us). I use Hibiclens at least once a week. When I had MRSA I would take a bleach bath (1-2 cap fulls) and continued this for months. They also had me use a q-tip to apply Bactroban to the inside of my nostrils for a while, because Staph lives there. I use white towels and wash cloths, new one each day, that I wash in bleach. After having MRSA I’m a super germaphobe. I’ve tested negative as a carrier twice now. My children don’t have problems, but I make sure to clean my tubs, toilets and sheets super often.

2 Likes

It’s awful my daughter would get it once a month. It was awful and nothing we did worked

1 Like

My daughter and I contracted MRSA after my uncle, whom we lived with at the time, got a bad tattoo. She kept getting reinfected. Our doctor recommended weekly bleach baths, which finally stopped the recurrence of it. Neither of us have had it (thankfully) since 2012.

1 Like

My oldest got MRSA at 3 months old from the hospital he had his appointments at. He’s now 6 and has breakouts ever now and then

1 Like

Your not a bad mom. Happens to alot of kids. My daughter had it for a good year we tried everything finally went to an infectious disease doctor. I blame it on working in a hospital or daycare it happens. Bleach baths and decolonizing everyone in the house.

1 Like

Thankfully my babies haven’t got it. But I have always been prone to getting it :sob:

1 Like

I’m not understand your question. Are you asking if anyone’s babies are prone to staph infections?

My 18 yr old gets them once a year. In all kinds of places. One year it turned to MRSA. It was always devastating. As soon as we’d realize it’s coming we’d take her in for antibiotics and it always helped. She’s prone to seasonal allergies and is highly allergic to other people’s pets. Feeling like a bad parent won’t help, love on your little one and care for them through this. It’ll get better and easier. There’s nothing you could have done to prevent this. Hell we even did extreme hand washing and cleansing when she was little in hopes to avoid it.
Know this : we all carry staph, but some have break out from triggers and that’s ok. You got this momma

1 Like

My son no, but I feel like I am! I have had 2 show up on me in like less then a year. Had to go get one lanced by the dr.

I was actually just wondering last night how one gets a staph infection or even a boil.

My brother and i actually bother have MRSA! That’s why i learned to spray a bleach and water mixture in all sinks and bathrubs everyday (really doesnt take as much time as it sounds) and carrying around disinfectant wipes especially at Walmart. At the gym i HAVE to clean the machines BEFORE and after but i can get a boil in a split second lol. Only thing you can do is clean more.

Dont beet yourself up.hospitals and staff are carriers its especially rampant in the town we live in the hospital services a local prison.