Why do I wake up in tears?

Hello. I kinda need some I guess advice. I suffer from anxiety,depression I am bipolar. I wake up almost every morning in tears. I don’t know why I just feel so sad. I’m wondering if anyone else suffers from this and severe anxiety and how you handle it because it’s really bothering me.

69 Likes

One thing I find helpful for my bipolar is mood tracking with the app Youper. Get in with a counselor if you don’t have one already. Medication is a must have for myself.

7 Likes

Yes, I totally understand what you mean. My family does not. My oldest thinks that I should just put on a happy face and get busy. My pit fall is cleaning. Mainly dishes. I will admit that I took 5 days to wash dishes and put away. Almost every dish in the kitchen was dirty. I bought paper plates for us to use. Dirty dishes were there for almost 6 weeks. No one else bother so why should I? Very embarrassing. But I did it! Hang in there and get help.

6 Likes

If you aren’t seeing a mental health professional, you should. You need to communicate these things with them so that they can be property addressed.

5 Likes

I feel this way almost everyday of my life currently. I’ve always been depressed, even though I have a “good” life, and others have it worse and it makes me even more depressed. I go to a therapist and she definitely helps, I think finding the right one would help immensely. Praying for you!

2 Likes

I don’t but it sounds like you need to see a doctor for help.:pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

I hope you get some comfort! It is disconcerting to wake up that way! Maybe if you are on meds they need adjusted, tell your drs cause this could be a side effect that is not common. Get med advice pls. when I’m stressed I have panic attacks in my sleep, never had a full blown one awake, but it is terrifying to wake up with heart racing and takes forever to get back to sleep! It usually happens mins after I fall asleep so when I take hubby to work at 5am I get a few hrs of sleep, one car fam. Hope you can get this figured out!

4 Likes

I am bipolar, PTSD, severe anxiety, and depression. I will be 40 in a few months. I take meds and see no doctor at this point. I have tried everything with ZERO luck… I’m at the giving up feeling… I do hope you find good help hun… Alot of people do feel better after. I just seem to get worse and worse. I cry all day and night it seems… hugs and stay strong

3 Likes

My daughter suffers from sever anxiety… where she was waking up puking everyday. I recently bought her a weighted blanket… and it’s helped alot. … get into therapy too…

well…your not alone, been up since midnight and I took the day off of work to cry…sometimes I think I’m the only one…and I don’t have bi polor

1 Like

Make sure you see a professional, sometimes we need a little help in life, nothing to be ashamed of but admire you for realizing your own feelings.

1 Like

Yes. All the time. Thank God for my job to keep me in line with my emotions. :hugs: Hugs.

1 Like

You should definitely check in with a Dr or therapist for anything persistent. Same as suggested meds, therapy, life-long for me. I find that sleep, having a routine, exercise, and nutrition make the biggest difference. Also, journaling, reading, art, music, good people are a must. It doesn’t have to be perfect. If I get off balance I just start small. Been at it 20 years or so. There are long periods of persistent feelings yet they eventually do pass. It just sucks to go through. Sometimes I can do all the right things and still have episodes. No real answers as to why. I have Schizoaffective disorder. Sometimes I just have to go through whatever is happening.
I’m glad that you’re reaching out. That’s a very important step! I hope that you find some relief from what you are going through. * Hugs *

2 Likes

I take meds. A depression med, mood stabilizer and a anxiety med.

1 Like

Therapy was actually hugely beneficial for me, I learned coping techniques for anxiety that I still use to this day. That and medication is what got my severe anxiety under control, I would work myself up so badly I would throw up. :purple_heart::purple_heart:

I’m like this too sometimes, usually it happens if I have a bad dream. I’m bipolar 2 with depression and anxiety and I’m on medication, the medicine hasn’t really slowed down my moods so when I go back I’m gonna see if there’s something else they can give me. I honestly think they misdiagnosed me but oh well what I do is usually play games, do something that’ll make me happy

I hope you get some help sweetie i have that at times to …may God wrap his arms around you and heal your heart…prayers your way :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

There was a time when I feel like I was severely depressed and I couldn’t control my tears or emotions. I have since come out of that depression and I no longer cry for what I thought was no reason.

Start with a blood test just to rule out deficiencies, then I’d made an appointment with psych and consider medication, or if you’re already on medication, reevaluating what you’re taking and the dosage

I have BPD and i started taking meds which help so much

I work out to lady Gaga… born this way… it’s a great message. Then instead of ruminating in old thoughts… force yourself to think about today… and what can you do today to make tomorrow better. Be kind to yourself, you deserve it.

I feel for you. I started using a lavender scent in my bedroom. It seems to help me. Couldn’t hurt ?? What does your doctor say?

I have all of these
My emotions are out of control. I suggest getting professional help :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I believe you may have post-traumatic stress disorder, a memory that you have blocked in your brain… you may have experienced a traumatic experience as a child and just don’t remember it. It’s strange how your brain can remember things when you’re asleep but when you’re awake you don’t remember it.

Sounds like you may need a medication change or added. Talk to your doc.

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Why do I wake up in tears?

I’m manic bipolar,manic anxiety and i have manic depression. I started seeing a psychologist and a psychiatrist and it’s helped SO much plus I’m 5 months pregnant currently. I’m on two medications to help me atm bc I can’t take very much.

1 Like

Probably cause most women are just a nut case and need mental health

I suffer from panic attacks and anxiety!! Its terrible!! Talk with your doctor! I wake up with anxiety alot!! Its terrible!!:purple_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

I’ve been bipolar all my life and diagnosed with a bunch of other stuff too and what helps me with my manic episodes , depression anxiety and mood swings is smoking Marijuana. It helps me cope so much :smiling_face:

1 Like

Therapy and meds are your best bet

You have taken the hardest step.
Opening up and asking for help!:slight_smile:
Now pester doctors to see you and get a review from a psychiatrist to get you on the correct treatment hun :slight_smile:

You need to learn to regulate your nervous system. Get better sleep, drink COLD water when you wake up & before bed.
Some things that help me are sleeping with weight on me, playing rain sounds while I sleep & keeping cold water by my bed. Sometimes you just have to move through it. I’ll jump out of bed & just walk around, go to the fridge & deep breathing also helps

1 Like

Therapy and meds. I’m bipolar w/ PTSD, severe anxiety, and depression.

Lexapro, weed, and dr pepper LOL. And just know, you aren’t crazy and you’re not alone.

1 Like

Hi Dear:
If you can, go walking and your perspective will change! Bless you!

I wake up crying sometimes too. I also have all the same issues and I’m not medicated so I just wing it and pray for a small bit of happiness. I’m sorry lovie. I hope you find some peace.

Sending lots of hugs and prayers :pray::pray::two_hearts::sparkling_heart:

I dealt with deep depression most of my younger life things that happened in past what I could have done for things to have had different outcome only to realize you can’t change it only thing you can do is go day by day in the moment of today what I found to help me was keeping a journal I would write what I was feeling & dealing with & at times I would read it over over again it’s great therapy I can honestly tell you when I accepted Jesus Christ in my life it was different as night & day I was at the point I tried to take my own life from being so emotionally tired I was very sorry I did that I found therapist she was great I realized I was not a fault for some very bad things that happened to me as a child & I had become my own worst enemy by hanging on to the hurt & guilt of things I had no control over be careful with the medication you can easily be over medicated that makes it worse there is hope for you I promise you that don’t suffer in silence alone today I am medication free functioning very well thanks I want that for you as well

Meds changed my life… :heart:

You may need your meds changed. Please seek medical attention before it gets worse

Have you reached out to your pcp ? Have you started and meds? If so it may be time for an adjustment. If not please do! They are there for you and to help you. If not they can at least guide you to get the help you need!
Try think positively and maybe reach out to family and friends for some support :heart::people_hugging:

Try to change your environment, the best you can, one day at a time. Keep busy even when you don’t think you can.

Go see a doctor and take care of your mental health

i have crying dreams all the time and wake up with tears running down my face. i still havent figured out what it means.

I would be seeking out help from a therapist.

This happens to me sometimes too So I understand. Sometimes your dreams are just so good, and you’re so happy… and then you wake up. It’s irrational… I feel stupid admitting it, but you’re not alone. Therapy has helped, but not nearly enough.

3 Likes

Depression I would seek help

I used to have frequent nightmares about my ex-husband trying to kill me, and I woke up incredibly upset. I went to an abuse trauma therapist and after a while he suggested we try hypnotherapy. After 8 months of therapy, I stopped dreaming about the ex completely!!! I highly recommend it! I wish I had done it sooner!

Get some ashwaganda and turmeric from the health food store

I just started on medication this week. And have new referrals for therapy (I went a long time ago but moved and had to stop and never picked it up again). Please see a mental health professional!!

2 Likes

I have anxiety and take meds but have also seen a therapist when needed, which really helped.

Now we have medication that can help you lead a productive life. Make an appointment with your family doctor and let him know that you are experiencing. He will order you some medicine. God bless you,everything will work out for you

Just accept yourself for who you are, you wouldn’t question yourself if you are happy so, just accept it when you feel sad be gentle with yourself and kind to yourself.

Look into mindfulness and meditation, it’s helped me a lot. Also when I wake up with anxiety I go take a cold/cool shower or bath, the cold helps me focus on the present time and helps me gather my thoughts. Finding a therapist that specializes in DBT therapy could also help.

This method has helped me a lot too.