Why does my 1-year-old hate the car seat?

Maybe pop her on the butt, and do not give her toys for throwing a fit.

6 Likes

Honestly if my kid becomes that much of a hasle and ive tryd everything ill tell her she can get out of the car then and the rest of us will go on with our day and she can stay where ever we are at that point. ( dont mean it obviously but its enough to get her sitting and willing to go when all else fails)

Stop bribing her and be the adult. It’s for her safety. She doesn’t get to have a choice on this. Again, be the adult.

5 Likes

Force it. You’re the parent and she’s testing ya. She’ll keep at if you let her rule ya.

4 Likes

Why are you NOT putting a 1 year old in a 5 POINT HARNESS

4 Likes

Where is her 5 point harness? Rear facing? Cant stand then either. Shouldn’t be able to stand if shes bucked in correctly.

2 Likes

you need to force her. there is a youtube video with kids songs that talk about sitting in the carseat

This is the issue these days. Parents ‘feel bad’ for doing things that parents do, like making their child mind. Who cares if they’re upset?!? Its for their safety. Hurt feelings or a dead child? I’d take those hurt feelings for 100 Alex.

13 Likes

Then she doesnt go abywhere clearly! Youre the mother, thats unacceptable

1 Like

Tough love, she must obey you now, or your kid will grow up to give you more problems, don’t let the child rule you.

1 Like

Back in my day, you gave them 1 whack on the butt saying ‘sit down ‘ in a real mommy voice!

7 Likes

If you have to pop that leg then do it, she doesn’t have a choice in the matter so you need to make her understand that, the sooner she does the sooner the fight will stop

3 Likes

My child.is has autism i have to force or we will be there 30 min or .more sje 3 and doesnt undrtstand anything

Sit down in her car seat? Why isnt your child in a harnessed seat?:thinking:

3 Likes

Uuuhhh I make them, let them fight for a bit then make em. There is no way my kid is going to ride around with no car seat. They don’t have a choice. They wanna come with me they better sit their behinds down in the car seat and buckle up. My 14month old will stiffen like a board and scream like he’s being hurt but that his deal, I’m not doing anything wrong but tryna keep him safe, he’s gonna cry, so be it. Much worst can happen if not in a car seat.

Uuuhhh I make them, let them fight for a bit then make em. There is no way my kid is going to ride around with no car seat. They don’t have a choice. They wanna come with me they better sit their behinds down in the car seat and buckle up. My 14month old will stiffen like a board and scream like he’s being hurt but that his deal, I’m not doing anything wrong but tryna keep him safe, he’s gonna cry, so be it. Much worst can happen if not in a car seat.

Mine didn’t even climb in on their own at age 1. I put them in the seat and buckled them.

1 Like

If you had the straps on right she wouldn’t be able to get out.

1 Like

Make her and then put in earphones , I do to drowned out the crying. But I normally would work my day around naptime so if she was going to cry, she could cry herself to sleep.

1 Like

No where did she say she wasn’t in a 5 point harness. It that she was able to get out. Just that she won’t sit in it when getting in. Which even if she’s trying to put her in it herself and she fights yes it can be hard to get her in the seat. I’d just let her fight for a couple seconds then force her in it anyways. Her safety is most important

1 Like

You are absolutely right Jordan you are a grown up woman and you can’t make a 1 year old sit down really soaked her but it will only hurt for a while but she will be with you fir a long while

Really, if you are letting a 1 year old tell you what she is or isn’t going to do? Would not want to be around either of you on a few years.

2 Likes

She should be in a harness so tighten that shit!

take her back in the house and welll guess she isnt going anywhere…

I can understand this because it used to take two people to wrangle my 1yo into her carseat. She’d stand up and try to play peekaboo with whoever was in the front seat and trying to physically force her to sit is more challenging than it sounds, LOL.

We started avoiding letting anyone in the front seat until she was seated and safely buckled and distracted her by singing or giving her a toy/snack/drink. Redirecting her attention makes it less stressful for all involved and conditions her to behave while we get her in. She still sometimes gets pissed but she calms down quickly and no longer fights by standing up and resisting while we buckle her any more. It’s a phase, it’ll pass.

My mom would pull the car over and spank my behind if I would not mind.spanking is not abuse a cop even told me he spanks his kids for misbehaveing.So if more people would do this now maybe we would not have so many in prison now.Just my option

4 Likes

You let a 1 yr old control you?

1 Like

My friend had to eventually turn her straps inside out, and that was the only way he wasn’t able to get out and it worked

1 Like

Youre gonna have a hard time getting her to sit, especially if youve given in to her before. Making her sit is not mean. Its necessary. Teach her now that what you say goes. And put her in it as many times as she gets out, so she knows you mean it!

2 Likes

I had to fight with my twins had to push their stomachs in and quickly buckle it was hell

If you have to ask,
you’ve got a problem!

Pull the car over I’m sorry honey policemen will get me and write me out of ticket and I’ll have to pay money and you won’t get any new toys so I can’t drive until you sit down this will work especially when it’s somewhere she wants to go like going to visit Grandma or going to go shopping or going to get an ice cream I can’t move until you’re sitting down it’s not safe while you’re standing up I can’t move the car little by little she’ll give in and if she don’t sit well we have to go back home then and I would tell her no candy no TV

Need to be a parent . this is the easy age . it’s when they go into purity
That’s when the trouble starts

Mine is same way! I don’t know how she even gets out of the car seat! She only a year old lol only way I could get her to stay in her seat is our dog lol or a new toy

The back arch with the carseats is awful but you have to stand your ground. If you are firm and do not ever give in eventually it will stop. If shes going to fight after you give her her things anyways, maybe get her buckled first and then hand her her stuff? Gently but firmly push her down. Some say a tap on the bottom but if that’s not for you dont worry. Just be firm and follow through. All my kids went through this stage.

1 Like

She’s just testing your boundaries… if she wins there is no boundaries if she loses … she will learn… that what you say is what you mean if you ever go back she has form a crack that will work for her forever I’m telling you this because mine is grown and still can not stand the word NO … by the way I forgot to mention she’s 50 years old yes that is a zero after the 5

Bust that ass. It takes a second child to not be a “new mom” in my opinion. I gave in to my first with everything and now I’m realizing if I do that with my second it’s going to be hell. My second won’t be as coddled, hovered over, babied…

make her. she’s the kid, your her parent…act like it.

3 Likes

Not sure what type of seat you’re using but if she’s still using the bucket seat it might be too uncomfortable for her size.

1 Like

Some times you gotta be forceful especially when it comes to safety

1 Like

Stop telling her to spank her 1 year old. What’s wrong with you people?

2 Likes

Fan that bottom just enough to hurt those feelings

OMG - sit her down - strap her in - who is the parent ?

1 Like

Whose the boss make her