Why does my c section scar burn?

Fan Question
KarenšŸ’

Iā€™ve had 3 c-sections my first was a emergency c-section my second was just 11 months after the first and my last was 3 years ago. There are times if I strain my stomach muscles as in just picking my 3 year old up my c-section scar hurts anytime I sneeze or have a coughing fit I get a horrible burning sensation where my scar is and itā€™s takes days for that pain to go away Iā€™m just wondering if thereā€™s any c-section mamas that have had the same thing that happened to them. From the research Iā€™ve done I canā€™t really find much on the subject , I donā€™t have health insurance seeing a dr isnā€™t a option for me , I could go to the emergency room but I donā€™t feel like itā€™s a emergency situation :expressionless:

4 Likes

Personally iā€™ve only had one csection but Iā€™m only 5 weeks pp and have no pain. My pain completely went away around 3 weeks - it never hurts to pick up heavy objects/ cough/ sneeze. Maybe try calling your OB and just speaking with the nurse without scheduling an appt?

Iā€™ve had 2 c sections and currently pregnant going to have my 3rd. Iā€™ve had sharp pains in my scar while picking up my children or simply bending over. Iā€™ve done research and only thing Iā€™ve found is, scar tissue breaking away or sometimes your uterine wall or bladder can get stuck to it and thatā€™s causing the pain.

I have 2 c sections and just release from the ER today. My kids are 6 and 3 but my husband rush me to the hospital due to the severe abdominal pain and burning sensation. Iā€™m clear from UTI but they still gave me antibiotic :disappointed:

My mom had 2 c-sections she had similar issues then started bleeding constantly for 8 months they did a hysterectomy and found out her uterus and other organs had so much scar tissue they fused to her c-section scar

1 Like

I had my last C-section in 1993 and I still have issues with my incision to this say. Not always, but it still gets red and irritated and sometimes itches like crazy. Itā€™s not painful just annoying

I had 4 C-sections and also had that same spot cut open 10 other times.What you are feeling is normal but if you are concerned it never hurts to see a doctor.It doesnā€™t sound out of the norm from my experience if you donā€™t have insurance maybe try to save a little money or find a free clinic or one that goes on your income and get it checked out to ease your mind a little

Try using a compression garment

Ive had 3 my first will be 6 years in july my last being 6 weeks ago. I started having scar pain after my second cuz they hit a nerve.

I had a C-section November of 2017 and January of 2019 Iā€™m completely recovered from both but I also still get pains when I strain my muscles.

Iā€™ve had 2 a yr apart and mine does that. My first was also emergency. They say the scar always hurts and mine does. My last one was 14 months ago

Ive only had 1 c-section and am currently pregnant. My scar does occasionally get a pulling sharp pain sometimes when I go to pick up my son but its never really been an often thing. Just every once in a while kind of thing. But the area around my scar is also completely numb. I cant feel anything there.