Why does my child start coughing at night?

Would anyone have an idea why my 4 year old is fine during the day but as soon as nighttime rolls around and he falls asleep he’s coughing throughout the whole night? No fevers or symptoms of any kind I don’t get it…

Get an air purifier for his room and make sure blankets, pillows, stuffed toys, etc are washed regularly. Apply vicks to the soles of his feet and put socks on, leave on all night. Daily allergy med, depending on age a dose of Claritin or zyrtec, or equivalent.

They might be getting too hot or have a dust mite allergy, regular pillows hold dust mites, they sell special pillows that don’t

Allergy to something in the room Could be dust mites

Allergies. Mine cough morning and night. If he doesn’t go out then ok

Could be allergies or asthma

Hayfever? Myself and kids are the same. Antihistamine in the morning and an hour before bed. Plus I have to make sure everything is dust free x

Could be dust if has teddies. Open the window during the day to air. If any teddies try removing them.

Nocturnal asthma. Do you have mold in the house

My twins started doing this at 5 at night only no fever no other symptoms but cough, their pediatrician said try delslum at nighttime but it didn’t work so she sent me to the ENT in town and she checked them out it’s allergies she’s got them on a nighttime med and it works wonders especially around this time of the year they are now 9 fixing to be 10