Why does my daughter favor my mom over me?

Due to certain circumstances my 4 year old and I live with my parents and my daughter is constantly favoring my mom over me. She never wants me to do anything for her when my mom is around. It honestly really hurts my feelings because it’s only when my mom is around that she treats me differently. Am I overreacting? Is anyone else’s child like this with their grandparents?

43 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Why does my daughter favor my mom over me?

Yes you are over reacting. It’s grandma. Relationships with grandma are very special

4 Likes

Does she watch her throughout the day? When my nieces and nephews are here they don’t want mom, but i watch them 5 days a week

My granddaughter seems to favor me over her mom when I’m in the room. It’s not that your daughter doesn’t love you It’s just a special bond that they have.

1 Like

Does she get her own way with your mother ? I know when my son was younger we also lived with his grandparents , I found that he was always getting his own way , and then they would be saying aww that’s a sin when i try and teach him right from wrong ( mostly sooking him ) , with that I found he favoured them more than me and his dad and at the time I was in school and his dad was working so they were also watching him on the daily until I came home from school. I mean don’t get me wrong I love when children have a relationship with their grandparents , but there’s also a line to be drawn , and I know it sucks when you live with them.
:heart:

That is the relationship between grandparents and grand kids. Mine did too. My grands also favor me when I’m around. Be happy and enjoy every minute of it. Your Mother wont be here forever…

2 Likes

Yup it’s pretty normal.

Does she spend more time with your mom than you, like babysitting while you’re at work? Take it in stride. It’ll be ok.

I remember when my daughter turned 13 and she came for her summer vacation she barely wanted anything to do with me. It hurt so bad. My daughter is turning 21 and her and her grandmother have a very special bond. I’m very envious of it but I’ve learned it’s better she has that bond with someone. Even if it’s not me. It definitely hurts but try not to take it personally. You’ll always be mama

1 Like

grandmas are always better than mom :woman_shrugging:t3:

Grandma probably spoils her :woman_shrugging:t3: they tend to favor whoever tells them no the least.

2 Likes

Lesson I favored my grandmother over my mother for multiple multiple reasons.

Normal…grandma prob doesnt discipline her

Your mom will only be around for so long. Let her have the relationship. My grandmother helped raise me, she was like another parent and my mom was around equally as much and I’m just as close with her. I’m 33, my gram passed last year and it was like I lost a parent. It’s a relationship you can’t replace.

3 Likes

That is why you shouldn’t live with your parents ! It will never work

You are absolutely over reacting. My eldest is the same with my mom and I’ll tell you why… She never tells him no and spoils him to no end. I on the other hand discipline him and tell him no. She’s grandma, that’s what grandmas do. Get over it.

3 Likes

I caant say my kids are like that. But that’s because none of their grandparents are fully involved. But I did this as a kid. I still favor my nana over my mum. I’ve always told people that when my nana passes that will be harder for me than losing anyone else.

I don’t even exist in my kids (3) eyes when Mommom is around :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Because it’s her Grandma lol

1 Like

When my grandson was little ,especially if he were sick, he always wanted grandma! Dont be jealouse, your time will come!

i make more than 500 dollars per day online. i was shocked when i got my first payment 3 months ago that was $17498 and i thanks to my buddy who pass this opportunity to me to join and change my life. check this you will regret yourself if you skip this now.

Details here >>> https://ClickIntoWealth465.pages.dev/

Totally normal grandparents are meant to be the fun safe haven for our Littles. You’re blessed to have a mom that your baby gets to love and adore as she does.

2 Likes

My daughter and 3 year old granddaughter live with me, my daughter works full time. I take care of my granddaughter 45 hours a week, Monday through Friday. My granddaughter will come to me before her momma. Do I discipline her while her momma is at work? Yes, I do. Do I tell her no? Yes, I do. My granddaughter and I share a bond that we will not have with any other person. My daughter doesn’t take it personally. She’s glad her daughter and I are so close. Can you imagine if your child didn’t have a bond with their grandma? You would be complaining about that too, I’m sure.

2 Likes

When my mom is here I cease to exist :joy: My kids want nothing to do with me. I was the same way with my grandma.

Grandma’s are 2nd mothers. I think most kids favor their grandparents because grandparents are for fun. Parents are for business.

3 Likes

My mom always tells me that my kids are bad when I’m around it’s actual science that kids misbehave when their moms around…
My mom and I are like best friends doesn’t bother me that my kids like grandma and Papa better my kids are really close to their grandparents my mom helps a lot…
I would just have a conversation with your mom about how you’re feeling You’re not the only person I’m sure a lot of moms are going through the same thing I don’t even live with my mom

1 Like

I know it’s hard, but try to remember Grandma is only around a limited time. My mom wasn’t around and my grandma helped raise me to the point I called her mom. She passed away when I was 7 years old. I cherished every min. She still loves you! It’s probably just because grandma doesn’t discipline her and spoils her. It is precious time :heart:

2 Likes

All kids like grandparents better when they’re around.its a special bond

1 Like

Rejoice and be glad. It just means your baby ks well taken care of when you are away. And your mum is retired meaning she has more time on her hands than you do. Because you have a child depending on you to provide everything. So allow them bond and do your own little things. A time will come where baby will want more of your help they switch all the time

1 Like

You need to move to your own place. This does happen.

2 Likes

Yes !!! You definitely are overreacting.
Grandmas tend to be less disciplinary and more accommodating

2 Likes

I tell my daughter (jokingly) Cause your mom is nicer than his mom.

2 Likes

My daughter only wants my mom. She will choose my mom over ANYONE. Always. They live with us. We built an apartment for them in our house. And I think it’s because as a grandma my mom never has to tell her no. As a mom I set the rules and have to be “the bad guy” when grandma just gets to spoil her. Sometimes it hurts my feelings but I never let it show because I never want to diminish the relationship they have.

3 Likes

i make more than 500 dollars per day online. i was shocked when i got my first payment 3 months ago that was $17498 and i thanks to my buddy who pass this opportunity to me to join and change my life. check this you will regret yourself if you skip this now.

Details here >>> https://ClickIntoWealth477.pages.dev/

I don’t live with my mom but I am a stay at home mom with a 3 yo and 8yo so we visit my mom a lot so when we’re over there my kids like to favor her and I’m ok with that gives me a little break :ok_hand::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

My kids normally only do that bc mom does everything all the time and they feel special getting someone else to do it so when we see the grand parents or uncles and aunties there all about getting them to do everything which gives me a much needed break anyway so im happy and it helps them bond with them too :slight_smile:

1 Like

The more people that genuinely love your child, the better!! She is loved and your daughter loves her. She doesn’t love you any less. Try to look at it from a glass half full stance. Be happy that you get a little break when grandma is around :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Because you’re the authority and your moms just free babysitting.

Because your mom and she’s grandma. Ours can be the same way. I love that they can have that type of relationship. My’n are now in their teens.

1 Like

This is the life when living with the grandparents. My 2 year old likes his mamaw more than anyone, it just is what it is.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure all kids are like this. Don’t worry too much about it :blush:

1 Like

My son was doing the same when mumm was with us, now when he goes to his other granny gets so happy to go there that he doesn’t even say bye to me :sweat_smile:I used to be jealous about it, but I’m not anymore, I’m so grateful that my son has his granny’s in his life, they are the best ,and they are so good and loving with my son

Move out and take your kid with you. That will fix it.

2 Likes

I think it’s normal. Both my girls favor my mom over me. She spoils them rotten so it’s to be expected. But I love that they have that relationship.

Yes over reacting Grandmothers have a special love to grandchildren my granddaughter and daughter live with me and gd does the same thing comes to me my daughter doesn’t like it there is No need to be hurt or jealous over it and remember your mom is older she won’t be around forever let them be and be happy that she goes to her

Details here >>> https://ClickIntoWealth519.pages.dev/

My oldest son is the same way, in fact he’s currently at my moms and doesn’t want to come home. She buys him stuff, feeds him everything he wants, rarely has to correct him & gives her complete attention to him. I think it’s sweet. It doesn’t bother me at all, I just think he’s lucky to have a grandma like that bc I sure didn’t. Don’t let it hurt your feelings

Yes. The day my son was born, My mom looked over at me while she was holding him and said “I’m going to be his favorite.” She’s stayed true to her word. My son worships the ground his Mawmaw walks on. We don’t live with my mom but he asks for her all the time and when she is around no one else exists. I don’t think it’s a bad thing because at the end of the day, he’s most likely going to have less time with her than he does with me. He should be able to get a lifetimes worth of love in the 10-20 years she has left.

1 Like

After my youngest daughter died, my mom stayed with us. My living oldest daughter became insanely attached to my mom. I summize it’s because I was out of it and my mom coddled her and gave into her every whim.

My grandson is like that with me. It’s just a different relationship with grandkids. My daughter also prefers to hang out with my mom.

This was the same with my son. Gramma, Cody and I would be sitting at a table. I would be saying something that he wouldn’t listen to. But when gramma said the same thing he would get all excited! The beauty of the beast!

Normal relationship between parents and grand-babies . Your mom and you are so lucky some of us grandparents don’t even get the chance to see the grandkids due to living across the country . Your mom isn’t gonna be around forever and in the end that will be a bond that your child will carry on throughout life .

2 Likes

Because Mimis job is to LOVE LOVE and LOVE some more!!! My granddaughter does the same. When I’m around, everything is Mimi.
Just remember that no one will love your daughter like you except her grandmothers :purple_heart:

1 Like

It’s tough, but very normal. You are the law and Nana is fun! Try and make peace with it and enjoy the little ease of mind. As long as you know your mom is cool with helping her and no harm to either, just try and go with the flow. Eventually they grow out of it, but the memories stay with each for a lifetime :heart::sparkling_heart:

All my kids favor my mom. It’s their grandma. Let them be partial to who they want.

All kids are like this and instead of feeling jealous or whatever you should feel good your child is loved and that your child has people to love and have her back other than you.

You are overreacting, yes.
Children should bond with, love, care for & want other adults in their lives, especially grandparents.
Take the break while you got it & be thankful your child has that bond with someone you can 100 percent trust with her.

& Quit taking your childs actions “personally”. There is absolutely nothing in her brain saying " I’m going to snub my mom today to hurt her feelings"… She’s just enjoying the people in her life.

My children have no recollection of my mother. She died when they were babies/not yet born. You’re lucky.

3 Likes

Man that’s her grandma. She doesn’t mean to hurt your feelings. She’s only 4 and again, that’s grandma

I live with my mom. Have two kids. My daughter prefers my mom when she’s around. - she works night shift so our schedule are total opposite. At first it bothered me. But now I’m like go ahead girlfriend :v:t3:. She’s 15 months.

I wonder why people turns their eyes off Bitcoins and crypto currency trading knowing fully well they’re the faith and future of the world. Bitcoin and crypto currency trading are one of the most profitable online business I have ever gotten myself into, I am happy i made the right decision to invest with, Mr. Joshua Bunker who help me Boost my financial status… My appreciation and gratitude to Sir. Bunker for making me who I’m today, I can say I’m leaving my dream life… I’m happy I invested under the right platform… May God continue to bless you Joshua.0 I’m so grateful​:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Because, that’s her grandma. It has nothing to do with you.

1 Like

This happens alot don’t take it to heart it’s just a different relationship with Nans and grandkids sometimes. doesn’t mean your child loves you any less .xx

My daughter and grandson live with us he loves his papa and is different with him then mommy and me
It’s kid thing sometimes they grow out of it sometimes they don’t
Stop be jealous and letting your hurt feels get in the way

My kids were just like this up until my mom died. It never really bothered me though. I thought it was cute.

Overreacting. My daughters both have favorites lol. Doesn’t bother me any. That’s her grandma. Let them have that time together.

Grandmas are the best ! That’s why!! Don’t take it personally. Be grateful for their bond.

“If mommy says no, grandma will say yes!“
My daughter has a shirt that says this.

1 Like

My 5yr favours her 21yr old sister over me. And all 6 of her older siblings always picked grandma over me. It’s normal, mum is the bossy one who says no of course they will favour grandma. Even now my 27 yr old son still favours his grandma over me :woman_shrugging::rofl::rofl:

Do know you can be home and earn good amount of money for yourself off binary options trade without sending money to anyone? NO stress. All you need to get started is a bitcoin wallet. For enquiries contact manager Olgusya Gribova for free directions

I had the opposite problem. I would be in a house full of people, I’m the only one with my hands full doing something and both kids would ask me for what they wanted. But now my kids can get what they want in their own so not a big deal. Only thing my daughter asks for help with is the bowls she can’t reach.

My daughter is 100 percent like this when Mimi is here. It’s normal. As long as she isn’t disrespectful to you… enjoy some mama time to yourself. She will always want you when the rubber meets the road. It’s very special to have a involved grandparent :heart::heart:

1 Like

It’s grandma and sometimes is normal but if mom is running every time your daughter wants will have it continue

I thank God almighty who openly Do you know you can be home and earn good amount of money for yourself off binary options trade without sending money to anyone? NO stress. All you need to get started is a bitcoin wallet. For enquiries contact manager Olgusya Gribova for free directions

It’s because she is grandma. It’s nothing personal. You are someone that sets rules and makes boundaries. Grandmas are meant to break them sometimes. You will always be her mom and she loves you. Let your daughter make great memories with her grandma because they are not around for ever.

1 Like

Super normal. My son was like that when we lived with my husbands parents. His grandpa was everything. I can remember being a bit butt hurt about it then too. But I never tried to discourage it. They are only gonna be little and the grandparents will only be around for so long.

Being a Grandma, I may be able to shed some light on this. Grandma’s are notorious for being a push over. They will tell you no in a kinder and gentler way or they give in so much easier. And kids think that Mom’s HAVE TO LOVE THEM, where Grandma’s have a choice. Its all just mind games mom. Don’t take it to heart. And if it gets too bad, call a family meeting with everyone there. Especially Grandma and have her tell her side. And that treating Mom with love and respect is part of growing up and that Grandma wants her to be a kind loving person.

They all are, cuz grannies are the best!!

I never ever believe it works. But because of the numerous testimonies of Ma’am Olgusya Gribova, I tried trading with her and I received my profit and now I’m dept free…Contact her view on her Facebook page