Why does my toddler all of the sudden not like bath time?

My 2 year old all of a sudden will not take a bath! He screams when I put him in. What can I do about this?

5 Likes

Stay consistent and in routine. Check the water Temps and put toys and bubbles in there for him. This too shall pass Momma. Sending prayers your way!

1 Like

Make it fun time and make sure the water is not to hot

1 Like

Colored bath bombs, fun toys, bubble bath!!! Or try showers, sometimes they prefer one to the other.

1 Like

My son always did this when we would bath him when he was little but the water was just a little hot to him and cooler baths helped

My daughter went through this stage, I broke her out of it with glow sticks. Fill up the bath with some bubbles, crack a heap of glow sticks and throw them in. She was in love :heart_eyes: Cheap option, worth a try! Good luck!

3 Likes

Check water temp. Do not pour water on his head. Make i5 like play time. Toys

1 Like

Let him help you get him ready for bath time. Make it silly and fun

1 Like

Take a Bath with him or take a shower and see what happens

I would sometimes get in the tub with my boy and he liked that

2 Likes

It’s a phase. When my daughter did it, I was also super pregnant and exhausted. I just gave her baths in the sink instead. Plus it was better on my back.
All the while I explained how the water is the same or won’t hurt her or what have you.

I also did “showers” where I left the water running and just washed her instead of doing the full bath dog and dance.

Then BAM, one day she didn’t care anymore and it was back to baths lol

1 Like

I went thru this w my daughter she is 1 1/2 . I just let her scream until she stopped . I put toys and bubbles and she would quiet down after a while… after a few times she just started wanting to take baths no crying at all :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Just continue don’t make noise big deal of it then it will become one xx

Make it fun for him. Fun bath toys.
Let him feel like he’s a big boy and help wash up. Or maybe have him pretend wash up his toy.

Mine is 2 and has gone through this phase 2 or 3 times now. What works for us is changing things up. The first time was when she was so little I still bathed with her; we switched to Daddy (in his swim trunks) and that worked. One of us still hops in with her sometimes if she asks.
The next time, we bought a new bath toy and it worked. And the third and last time, we added bubbles to the bath.
It’s been a few months since she’s freaked out about bathtime, but we still add or subtract something every now and then to keep it fun for her (we recently added bathtime finger paint and now she’s super enthusiastic about taking baths lol).

When her cousin went through this, they switched to showers and that worked for her.

2 Likes

Color changing tablets. Bath slime. Bath crayons. Let him pick out his bubbles and loofa

1 Like

Food coloring in the water, bubbles, bath crayons, new bath toys.

4 Likes

Maybe he got soap in his eyes,be sure to use Johnson’s baby shampoo

Mine did this so I added bubbles. They love it again now

when my neice was little her other set of grandparents gave her a bath and the water was to hot we had this issue for a while were she didn’t wanna bath because of it after we showed her that not all water will hurt her she was fine. Maybe the water was to hot one time and it now scares hee

Glow sticks in the bath were a fun time with my kiddos.