Why is my boyfriend acting this way?

I just moved with my boyfriend across the country and he has been acting horrible to me ever since I got here and prior. He got a good paying job and we moved here for his job. I’ve been looking for work since I got here 4 days ago. He calls me lazy he told me I’m useless. I don’t have a car right now because it’s been late for me to get my license but he continues to put me down instead of encouraging me. He says it’s tough love and he’s treating me like an equal but telling me I’m useless and stupid and degenerate for making simple mistakes like not letting the toilet flush properly or leaving something on the counter or getting overwhelmed and hanging up on the internet guy. Is this normal for a man to do? I paid for the rent for the first month I got him new tires for his truck and I gave him 1000 dollars before our trip for whatever he needed it for I can’t remember he got angry when I asked said he’s tried of explning… anyways I don’t have any family here I have no friends and I don’t have a job yet. I quit my job to move here with him. Any advice I’m so upset and so lost.

725 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Why is my boyfriend actin this way? - Mamas Uncut

Nope this is not good. you gave him a ton of handouts and now hes gunna break you down. Tune him out. Get a job and LEAVE

You better go back to your family…red flags everywhere…choose you

1 Like

Go back home before it turns physical.

3 Likes

Go back to where you moved from. :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: Red flags everywhere! Good luck!:four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

Go back to where you came from. He is not good for you

Run! He’s got you isolated and exactly where he wants you. Now he can show you how he really is.

22 Likes

It’s not fair for others to tell you to leave him. Only do that if that’s what you want to do. No it’s not ok for him to put you down or get angry and make rude remarks. Have you considered he could be maybe being unfaithful to your relationship and that’s why he’s having major moods with you. Or now that your isolated he has you all to himself and can treat you anyway he likes becuase he knows your family isant around (been there done that). I pray you fin your way x

He needs to pay you back so you can leave

1 Like

Leave girl, seriously! :triangular_flag_on_post:

1 Like

RUN!! Move back home or get your own place… That’s abuse!

1 Like

Get back to wherever you moved from but DO NOT let him know you are moving back

1 Like

Move back to where you moved from. he does not sound like he’s good for you.

Call your family and go home before it’s too late!

3 Likes

Sound like he got everything he could and now he is ready to let you go. You will never see those money back. Reach out to a friend or family for help and leave.

1 Like

Go back home. He wouldn’t talk to me like that. You girls are good to have to stand up to these sorry MF.

1 Like

Go back home! He’s an ass.

My ex did this to me, we were doing great then we moved to where I had no one and he took my car so I couldn’t leave and it got really abusive really fast.
Get out before it’s too late.

4 Likes

Just get out of there and go back to your family

4 Likes

Run! Back to your friends and family it will get worse

1 Like

When he goes to work pack up and go back home an don’t go back your family will help you when you get home you mite be able to get your job back too

6 Likes

Leave now, read the post back to yourself and think what you would say if it was someone else. Way too many alarm bells going off. It’s not tough love, it’s emotional abuse.

1 Like

Go back. He moved just to get you away from everyone so he can control you and you not be able to go anywhere and used his relocating at a job as a excuse. If you don’t go now it will become physical abuse

4 Likes

Have some self respect and leave,that’s not love. That’s bullying, abuse and control

1 Like

He sounds like a jerk. You just paid for him to relocate…get out as soon as you can.

He’s managed to isolate you from friends, family. It will only get worse. Cut your loses and go home.

3 Likes

l get paid over $135 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $19431 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://AmazingOption562.pages.dev/

Omg please go home. This is not how it’s supposed to be. He’s going to beat you down so much that you’ll never be able to leave him if you don’t leave now.

2 Likes

He’s abusing you. He got you away from everyone and everything you knew so he could ruin you.
Leave ASAP and don’t look back

13 Likes

Definitely time for you to go back home to family

Not normal escape quickly

1 Like

l get paid over $135 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $19431 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://AmazingOption562.pages.dev/

QUIT job again and LEAVE HIS ASS GO BACK HOME !!
He’s a jerk it wont get any better

Leave now it won’t get better

1 Like

Absolutely not!! Go home. Call your old job and tell them things aren’t working out here and you need to move back home. If they hire you back, go.

2 Likes

If you gave him those things take a loss and move back to your family . You deserve to be happy :heart: and I’m sure your family rather have you back home safe then being mentally abused with some stranger. Please consider talking to a family member about it

3 Likes

Go home suffer the loss

This is very abusive behavior! Please get out now and go back home. It will nit get better!

3 Likes

Wow… You need to run

1 Like

It will only get worse. Typical abuser move: isolate you, put you down, make you think you need them. Go back home.

8 Likes

Hes the one with the great job yet ypur unemployed and handing over the money for his life…strange isn’t it babe…?
Honestly, he’s always been this way but your just seeing it as there’s nowhere to hide now you live together! This won’t change hun, he’s convinced he’s right…
Its awful isn’t it, I’m sorry…but you should go home babe. Go home, cry it out and get back to your life before you get used to the shitty way he treats you and bow down to him. You got this, he ain’t shit…remember that! Your amazing and he ain’t SHIT.
GL.

I would pack my stuff and go back home. You don’t deserve to be treated like that.

1 Like

Leave the sorry s.o.b before it’s too late!

Go back home you don’t need that kind of abuse & it won’t get better it will only get worse

2 Likes

That’s what they do…they get you to move with them.yhen flip the switch

4 Likes

Sounds like he trapped you into getting you away from your people so it’s easier to manipulate you

9 Likes

So he isolated you away from friends, family, and financial independence and he’s being verbally abusive? He’s just gearing up. Soon you’ll be making excuses for the bruises and why you can’t visit family. Get out before you can’t.

10 Likes

I can’t believe you ask if this is normal for a man to do. No its not OK. You need to leave him asap. It will only get worse. It took me a month to find a new job when my husband and I moved. Not once he called me lazy.

2 Likes

Abusers isolate you, so that you have no one to run to. Please go back home…

4 Likes

Move back and don’t look back

2 Likes

Get out now. Run far and fast from this guy!

1 Like

Go home he’s a loser

Ya turn around and go back
Home

1 Like

You need to leave him. Move back home.

2 Likes

Get out NOW don’t put up with this now you only showing him how much crap you will put up with

1 Like

Move back home now if it is possible.

Because if this is just the beginning you don’t want to experience how bad it will get.

3 Likes

Get out that’s not being treated equal, your King is waiting for you, why settle for the grounds keeper.

1 Like

Go to a shelter ask for help get out of there

1 Like

My advice… leave!!! Hes controlling, mentally & emotionally abusing you. NO its NOT NORMAL

2 Likes

Move on. No man would treat someone they love this way. Chalk it up as experience and leave. Never go into a relationship uprooting your life and accept to be treated this way. Give yourself a hug and head home. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Pack up and leave his sorry ass. He will only get meaner . Trust me. I’m so sorry hunny

No kids involved. LEAVE HIM

2 Likes

He is going to make your whole life miserable based on your experience. Know your worth! Kick him to the curb!

Get out while you can and be happy to save yourself from anymore heartache. It seems like he’s got you isolated so he can convince you that you’re worthless, WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE!!! Abusers do this. Call your family and ask them for help to move home

1 Like

Go back home !! Immediately

2 Likes

Get out of there as fast as you can. This is not okay.

2 Likes

You need to move back out no one deserves that treatment

1 Like

Leave and go home. This is not normal or okay. It will just get worse. You would not be posting this if you thought it was okay even your gut is telling you to pack and leave. Don’t even tell him just go.

1 Like

Throw the whole man away. He’s abusive and now that’s he’s isolated you he’s doing what he can to manipulate you. Run home as soon as you can before he hurts you physically.

7 Likes

Definitely leave or I feel it’ll get worse. I know it’s easier said than done but if you continue to put up with shit like that, you’re gonna lose yourself

This is emotional and verbal abuse and whatever his excuses may be for him acting this way you don’t deserve it. I’d leave and move back home.
I left an abusive marriage in the 90’s and went with my three children to a shelter. Best thing I ever did for my children and myself.

13 Likes

He’s got you isolated now and will continue to abuse you

4 Likes

Pack your self right back where you come from, run and don’t look back

3 Likes

Leave him, it’s only going to get worse trust me!! :100:

3 Likes

I’m sorry that he’s treating you so badly , please pack your things and go back home .it’s only going to get worse xx

3 Likes

How long was you with him for? Before you moved there as it seems he waited for you to move there to show his true colours

2 Likes

“Is this normal for a man to do?” Are you kidding me right now?

1 Like

Run! He was only with you becasue he needed you. Now that he is making money he thinks he deserves a woman better than you. A good person doesn’t let money or status change them and he obviously got proud and arrogant.

1 Like

Leave don’t even unpack your stuff.

1 Like

Have u told him how this makes u feel? This is NOT normal!

Turn around and go back where you came from…sounds to me lile hes narssasistic and using you…once he gets what he needs or wants hes back to being am asshole. He doesn’t appreciate you or support you emotionally. He sounds toxic. Honey get out now before you get in too deep!

It’s only normal for a narcissist to act like that. Run to the nearest exit and don’t look back.

2 Likes

Why would you give him that kind of money and do whatever else for him, he used you red flag

Go straight back to your family , if not he’ll control you for the rest of your life :100:

1 Like

Why would you move across country with someone you said has treated you like this prior too moving?

1 Like

I’m so sorry your going through this, you don’t deserve that, especially not from your partner. Unfortunately my husband treats me like that too… ppl are too quick to say LEAVE when in reality, maybe it’s not even you. He might just need to do some inner reflecting and ask himself why he’s so angry with you. It’s probably not even you. Keep your head up girl. I completely understand your situation.

Red Flag alert. He’s an abuser. Take the tires off the truck you paid for them use the money to get back to your family.

2 Likes

I would definitely move back home and see if your employer would hire you back

1 Like

Go ahead and leave now

Sounds like he used you for moving funds :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I think he’s an abuser that is isolating you. Look up the warning signs. Run!! This is your chance to end it clean. Warning… don’t tell him you’re leaving. Just leave!

3 Likes

Run as fast as you can!

Girl, run. Don’t walk, run :running_woman:t4: He’s shown you his true colors.

2 Likes

No he is gaslighting you. Please go home. Leave him.he does not deserve you and you deserve better than this

1 Like

Best advice. Leave. He’s showing his true colors.

That’s not love. You deserve better.

RUN this is your warning signs RUN and don’t look back I had a ex that did the same thing and I ended up on the side of the highway covered in roadrash cuz he pushed me out the car

3 Likes

Run. He’s a narcissist and gaslighting you.

3 Likes

get on the first bus and go home!

5 Likes