Why is my dog all of a sudden peeing in my house?

Why would my 7 year old lab all of the sudden be peeing arounf the house? There is nothing wrong with her (vet checked) but all of a sudden she will pee in my house while staring right at me

8 Likes

My dog does this every once in awhile when I’m not listening to his cues. Try and think about what he was doing right before that to see if he was trying to tell you something. Mine does it as a tantrum like “you ain’t ignoring me today” type petty

Did the dog go out recently? What is water intake like? Any changes with you or the household? Could be a number of reasons. We don’t have a back story so it’s hard to guess.

My dog did same . He ended up with stomach cancer after first vet said nothing is wrong

1 Like

One dog I’ve fostered started peeeing in the house randomly and he ended up having a UTI that needed surgery. We currently have an old hound dog who started peeing in the house, he goes in Friday for a tumor removal of his spleen.

Your dog could be doing it for any reason really and the only way to truly get answers is to call your vet. If you cannot afford vet care, I recommend reaching out to your local animal shelters. They sometimes have clinics that offer less expensive vet care to the public or they may know low cost vets you can use. Best of luck.

Get a second opinion from a different vet.

3 Likes

You need a second opinion from another vet I’d think… she could have a UTI/diabetes or she’s losing bladder control… Or she’s just getting older and dosnt care anymore.

8 Likes

I would get a second opinion first.
My pup started doing this she was a beagle/Bassett hound she was 13 and the vets couldn’t find anything wrong. Both vets said she was old and had dementia, and about nine months later she passed away old age :cry:

Did the vet test the dogs urine? If not I would definitely have that done! My lab mix had bladder stones and started peeing in the house. At the time we thought it was a uti and treated it as such. But the time we went back to the vet, the stones had gotten so big they required surgery to have removed when it could have been a simple medication and change in diet to shrink them and have them pass in the beginning.

UTI maybe…we had that issue but didn’t know till I saw blood in urine from her cause snow out side

Sounds like a UTI. My dog has been perfectly house trained for 7 years and that’s the only time she will pee in the house

4 Likes

Vet checked, but did they check for a uti specifically?

Something wrong, go to another vet.

2 Likes