Why is my period so heavy?

Help please!
I’m 4 months pp. I just got my first period since I’ve had my baby and it’s crazy ridiculous. I’m currently soaking through S+ tampons in a hour. It started yesterday and hasn’t gotten better.

What are some ways to help with this? Should I call my doctor? Can I take something to make it not so heavy?

2 Likes

My periods became like this after I had my children. I don’t think it’s uncommon

1 Like

That’s how mine was I had to wear a tampon and a pad within 2 hours but if your going through a pad on less than an hour call dr can be a hemorrhage rule of thumb less than an hour in a maxi pad

5 Likes

Buy Ultra sized tampons.
They’re bigger than S+ and holds more

1 Like

Same with me. And they are still heavy AF a year later. Ugh. I couldn’t even stand up without a gush lol

2 Likes

Water !
Aspirin !
Rest !
In that order
Your body is re setting
If it gets worse call gyno

Ibuprofen slows it down temporarily, and follow up if it lasts more than 2 days this heavy.

Happened to me and found out the dr didn’t remove some of the placenta. Call for sure.

2 Likes

Just happened to me last month the next month was way calmer

1 Like

Definitely call the doctor. Typically the rule of thumb is if you are soaking through one tampon or pad an hour you should be evaluated

3 Likes

Normal unfortunately… Super tampons and overnight pad at the same time… Meh.

Not normal your going thru too many pads. Go to the er tonight!

1 Like

Since my last pregnancy over 5 years ago every period I soak through ultra tampons every hour and my period is only 3 days long

Doctor immediately I had a post partum hemorrhage at 21 days almost died 3 bags of blood

2 Likes

This is NOT normal. Please see your doctor or obygyn ASAP.

Ibuprofen thins it and helps it slow down

Ever since I had my son, I’ve been much heavier. He’s now 19 months old and it seems to slowly be getting better.