Why is my potty trained toddler having accidents?

What to do with a 3 year old who is all of a sudden pooping and peeing her pants? She’s been fully potty trained for 1 year. Now at least 2 times a day she tells me she peed or pooped. And she’s not even phased by it. She says it’s okay mom, you have more pants for me to wear lol. It’s getting very old. She starts preschool in 5 months

6 Likes

I have 3 children if she’s been trained a year I’d say maybe attention seeking?

4 Likes

My daughter does this because she literally is too busy playing and doesn’t want to stop to potty.

3 Likes

Make her clean herself up and rinse her clothes out in the toilet… had to do that with one of my brothers

5 Likes

I’d call the doctor this is usually a sign that something is wron

1 Like

My daughter went through the same the problem was she was too busy playing and would not stop to go potty so for a couple months every 30 mins I’d have her stop and ask to go try to potty and she got back on track that way no more accidents. If there’s been any major changes lately it could be stress/attention seeking

Uti. sadly sexual abuse. Make a consistent potty break from
Playing etc and be very consistent with it. Make her clean up after herself like her panties and pants etc but not in the toilet like another suggested that’s disgusting. She could be stressing about something but doesn’t know how to tell you. Has anything changed in her life that was drastic like maybe new sibling someone is sick etc. you won’t be able to figure out the problem until you eliminate possibilities of what could be causing it. Start with the doctor to make sure she doesn’t have something medically going on then start eliminating other options

4 Likes

Just talk to a dr who is qualified

Have her checked for a uti.

1 Like

Take a step back and look at the whole picture. Is there a new or newer addition to the family? A sick sibling? Parent working who wasn’t before? Has she shown more clinginess lately? UTI? Is she on the spectrum at all? Playing too much and doesn’t wanna stop to go? Any big events or changes?
Narrow down reasons and you may find a reason why or how to help fix it.
Can she speak averagely? Can you ask her why she won’t go potty or let you know she has to go?

Things that may help are watches or devices that can set reminders or alarms for her to go until she’s getting used to the routine.

2 Likes

Too busy to go to the bathroom

Maybe she needs to wash her own panties… . By hand

6 Likes

Take her to the pediatrician,

Can be a sign of physical or sexual abuse

2 Likes

They do go backwards . I think the reason is you stop making it a big thing. and clapping for them.They still need the good vibes and attentions. You must go back to what worked.