Will I hurt baby by sleeping on my stomach?

I’m 12 weeks and have a hard time sleeping the only way I can sleep is on my stomach. I am worried i will hurt the baby? I will fall asleep on my side but wake up on my stomach all the time.

11 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Will I hurt baby by sleeping on my stomach?

My doctor said I could sleep on my stomach until it was no longer comfortable for me

6 Likes

I was told it’s okay to sleep on your stomach while pregnant as long as it’s comfortable; unless it’s uncomfortable for you, it’s not uncomfortable or dangerous for the baby.
Toward the end of my pregnancy though, I couldn’t sleep without my pregnancy pillow lol. You could put your belly in the body space to add a little extra room.

7 Likes

Everyone is different, depending how big your bump is. I slept on my stomach as long as I could! Then used about 50 pillows to comfortably side sleep.

2 Likes

If you’re comfortable then I think it’s okay. If you’re sleeping wrong, your body will more than likely tell you! You’re not supposed to sleep on your back after so many weeks but I kept waking up on my back after that, untilllllll I got to a certain week and then it got uncomfortable and my body would wake me up to turn to my side

When I was pregnant I was told it was safe so long as it was comfortable, please correct me if I’m wrong though! :blush:

I’m a stomach sleeper. But, when I was pregnant, my stomach was so big, my head wouldn’t have reached the pillow. :rofl: It is safe as long as it doesn’t cause you discomfort.

I slept on my stomach with all 5 pregnancies till they were born it was the only way for me to be comfortable I know it sounds crazy … but ask your doc for his opinion

I slept on my belly my whole pregnancy the Dr said sleep how I can I had a very big belly drs and ultrasound tech couldn’t believe I was still sleeping on my belly I have a very healthy 3 month old

I slept on my stomach with all my pregnancies as it’s the only way I can sleep. When it got uncomfortable or if anything caused me any pain I’d move around.

1 Like

I slept on my stomach with both my babies!

I slept on my stomach with my 3rd the whole 38weeks :see_no_evil::speak_no_evil: he was all good hahaha

Im 19 weeks and still sleep on my belly as its the only way i can sleep also , it is also safe to do so :slightly_smiling_face:

Pillows but, I would ask your GP.

37wks 2d with my fifth.
There are days where i wake up sleeping on my stomach. No pain no issues. As long as you feel comfortable, it’s totally safe (what i was told)

No. You will be too uncomfortable to do it long before you’d hurt baby

Look into getting a pregnancy pillow to help you sleep more comfortably

Get one of those pregnancy pillows. It will help with back paid while you sleep as well as rolling over.

1 Like

I’m the same way except on my back. Just get you a pillow that has a circle hole in the middle, I’ve heard those work.

As long as you’re comfortable, belly sleeping during pregnancy is fine. You’ll know when you just can’t do it anymore. Lol

As long as it’s comfortable it’s fine. I usually made it to about 6 months before I had to adjust to sleeping with a leg pulled up so I wasn’t directly on my belly.

The only thing I heard of is sleeping on your back is dangerous at some point because it blocks blood flow to the placenta.

It’s OK to sleep on your stomach until it gets uncomfortable

Currently 21 weeks and just now started to not be able to sleep on my stomach. You’ll know when you won’t be able to anymore.

I was told as long as its comfortable

Your baby is well protected. Sleeping on your stomach will cause no damage as long as you’re comfortable and have no pain.