Will you send your kid back to school if they require masks?

Yes and yes… our school is offering both and we had to turn in our selections. I picked that my kids will be returning.

Nah no school for my son this year.

We’re not sending our boys to school this year. One of them has respiratory issues, and the other is special needs. Plus, I am expecting and due in December. Thankfully, we have the financial means for me to stay home with the boys. They will either be homeschooled or do online learning. Whatever it takes to keep our family safe. We’d rather error on the side of caution.

1 Like

Nope. We got to choose and I chose online learning for the year.

2 Likes

Mine is. For various reasons. First and foremost, i cannot afford to stay home and homeschool her. Second, she struggled A LOT with online learning. And is now behind. Third, this whole quarantine thing has quite frankly been hell on her…her father is terminally ill and has had to sit and watch him deteriorate right before her eyes…every. Single. Day. All Day. She loves her masks and she puts on sanitizer often. Oh; She’s 6.

5 Likes

How will theu practice social distancing with so many kids at school? Also of your child takes a bus, do you think it’d be possible?? Nope i am not…

Yes my daughter was miserable at home she actually enjoys school and learning and we both I’ve been trying to talk to her about the current situation and she keeps her mask :mask: on and doesn’t mind it, it helps to get them different ones with characters or designs of their choice, but then again is a personal choice that her dad and I were ok with … she’s currently in a summer transitional program for kindergarten

No. It is not practical to expect this of young children. My youngest is just going into kindergarten and I feel that in and of itself is stressful enough. I’m also having a baby in September. It’s too much.

I personally am glad my son is in high school. I could not imagine having a little kid and sending them to school. While they don’t understand why they can’t play with their friends like they usually do at school. The school my son is going to is offering two options hybrid which is 2 days at school 3 days at home or all elearning. If you choose elearning you have the option to put your child back in in person school if things calm down. Those are this option we have unless the governor ops for all elearning before school starts. Some schools are also making parents sign a covid release form to send your child to school. We will be starting off our school year e-learning. I just feel it is safer for my child at this time. Am I being overprotective. Maybe I am. I could never live with myself if something happened to my kid because I sent my child to school. When I had the option to let him do his work from home.

Nope. They have to wear them or they can’t attend. If I can’t breathe wearing it a child can’t. Home school is best.

If the school supplies the facemask then I will

1 Like

In NY, under 2 years old are not required to wear a mask. But I’m ready to send my kid back to school. At one time, we were all naked…now stores says “no shoes, no shirt, no service.” Women can’t go shirtless in public. Not saying I agree or disagree with the laws but A mask is just another covering. So, my kid will just have to get used to it. Plus, maybe it will help stop the spread of other things like the flu and the common cold.

4 Likes

No he has bad anxiety & it will make his anxiety worse being at school. And three people in our house hold have compromised immune systems.

No bc she’s 5 and only children under 2 don’t need mask we are doing home school

Yes, my son has been going to summer camp and has adjusted very well to wearing the mask.

It’s a requirement at my kids school.disiplinary actions and all.My boys are going.

Under 11s are not required to wear a mask anyway so it wouldnt happen x

Yes my grandkids are going back plus their dad is the principle

Nope - I withdrawal my sub contract too.

Medical masks or just face covering like a bandanna?

We are going to do online for the 1st Term. Hopefully, things will get better. We do zoom & facetime with family and friends so kids still have social interactions. They still go out and play outdoors. It was tough at 1st because my daughter is very social. But we do keep her busy and loving the extra family time with the kids.

1 Like

If it is required for students to attend school. How about this. Set up social distancing. Have them wear masks. And have the teachers rotate between classrooms.

Yes. My son has an IEP. He has a rough time doing over the laptop learning. So in school is best for him.

4 Likes

So let’s keep our kids away from their education Bc we aren’t educated enough that we know the mask is the best option… this group I swear :rofl:

2 Likes

NC is requiring all children k thru 12 to wear mask but high schoolers are not going back only the little ones 2 days a week. The high schoolers are the ones that need to be back in school. My 16 year old is a junior he is missing out on the best days of his school years. But my youngest 2 will be going back. Makes no sence to me. I know they ll never leave mask on all day either!! Aggravated as a mom badly

Yes bc they miss friends and need a different envrironment than home… it probably wont last long Angus before they shut it down again… all the ones sayin no, I suppose your kids havent left the house since the beginning of this?

3 Likes

Id send him in a heartbeat, he refuses to do virtual learning. But i know theres no way he would leave a mask on 7+hours

No. I’m not sacrificing my child to science to become another statistic. There is not even a treatment plan in effect for this virus. I can’t bring back a dead child and I don’t want my kids having any long term issues with lungs, heart and kidneys

11 Likes

My daughter is going back to school. Unless something changes before September no mask are mandatory. She needs the interaction.

Nope and its proven they cause more health problems wearing them long hours than they actually prevent

12 Likes

I don’t agree with small kids wearing a mask for seven hour school days. My daughter is six and can barely manage wearing it in a store let alone an entire school day. I also think schools as we know it are completely altered. Not sure how much social and educational benefit when kids will be masked, distanced and not able to do half of what they used to do. It seems like school will be miserable and likely to become online again the second the numbers go up.

2 Likes

My bigger 2 are going back to school definitely. They have suffered emotionally and mentally thoroughout this nonsense. Our school is VERY small. Theres only 15 kids in my sons grade and 22 in my daughters grade. So I’m not worried at all. Now my youngest, even though she will keep a mask on until you tell her to take it off, wont be starting preschool this year. She will start prek next year.

1 Like

I want my kid to go back to school, I don’t care what needs to be done. Im sick of this whole thing with wearing masks and social distancing. Let’s go back to normal already.

6 Likes

I would be more likely to send them back if they mandated masks but would still be unsure.

First week is online then in class but then again how big are your classes do they attend public or private do they have a plan in place our school p3 p4 kinder and first will be wearing faceshields instead of face mask they have sent us the what the classroom will look like so I’m comfortable with it

Our state just mandated masks but before the mandate we were already considering online school we facetime family and friends so he gets interaction and the school will use zoom to hold classes so he can see his teacher we did the summer reading program thru the school online so he already has a routine down not gonna subject him to any more illness we had our fair share this year being sick for the first 3 months and since not all parents keep their sick kids home not allowing him back till it’s much safer

1 Like

My son is going back to school in September . He doesn’t require a mask. But if it was a requirement I’d keep him home he has special educational needs and would not be able to keep it on his face

Mine are definitely going back, no masks required!

3 Likes

Well. NOw that I read this…idk…it makes sense. 你暂时被禁止使用此功能

I’d rather them wear them if it’s safer!

1 Like

We are wanting to do online till the new year and the reevaluate

Lol I don’t have have choice my parents said I had to go

My kids schools have said they’re not allowed to wear masks on return as they will cause more problems with taking them off and putting on etc… I 100% agree if I’m honest

3 Likes

The flu in the US kills 3%, coronavirus kills less than 1%. I’m not sending my kids to school to be terrified for no reason.

If parents dont make a big deal about it then neither will the kids. It’s part of our routine when going somewhere so…

1 Like

my kids are back. but the school is strict, under 2 years… NO MASK . 2 to 5 years… mask into lass. sanitise etc and take it off… mask only on again when they leave the premises. NO outsiders/parents get to go in.
7 and over must wear a mask. but when they do school work a shield is sufficient and if kids are not happy with the mask they move them a little further away and have them take it off and relax.

My county is giving a choice between 2 days in school / 2 days online and 100% online. While in school masks and social distancing will be required. My rising 4th grader will be doing 100% online.

Hope ppl have good insurance.

The mask thing isn’t the issue for my husband and I, our issue lies in can the school actually keep our children safe from this virus. Like teaching social distancing, good hand washing at school like at home, keep class sizes down, our school district has proposed a pretty good plan and as long as the proposed plan is what happens then yes my kids will be going if it changes and I’m not happy about something in it the no I will home school since I am extremely lucky and stay home with my baby everyday anyways

Totally. Mine wear masks easily since they have from the start. They go to Taekwondo and workout and spar in masks with no complaints and can easily interact with their friends just as I do at work. It’s not that big of a deal if you don’t tell them it is and make it just a thing we do now. Building grit and perseverance through slightly uncomfortable things will give them those tools for when life gets far more difficult.

1 Like

If I home school? Is the government going to be paying me as a teacher? Since I will be teaching him!! And so then I stay home of course to do that and … who’s going to work for me?? To pay bills?? :woman_facepalming:

It is important for young kids to be social and interact but we must keep all our kids safe

My children will be homeschooled. I am not going to let the government use them as guinea pigs or sacrificial lambs. The local government here is closing back down yet they are perfectly ok sending teachers and students to go to school. If they are unwilling to put themselves in this situation it’s not right to put anyone else into it.

1 Like

My kids are old enough to follow directions. I need to be back at work and need them on school. Yes they will be going. I’m in a smaller community tho. No active cases and it’s been months.

Do we even have a choice in the matter?

Are all schools asking for children to wear face masks or does it depend on the school ??

For us yes with work and hours varying for me. But I was hoping they would let the kids use face shilds cause i would buy those instead and that way it gives kids a chance to breath

Where I live they have given the parents two choices, either you can send your children to school or choose to do remote learning at home. To each their own! My daughter will be doing the remote learning “Safe From Our Home.”
:two_hearts::pray: Prayers For All The Precious Babies & Their Teachers This School Year :pray::two_hearts: