Would I be wrong to not have my childs father there when I gave birth?

I Got induced today and the pain came very quick. My child’s father was just sitting there either on his phone, eating or sleeping . Not supporting me, not comforting me, no words of encouragement… he was just there. I told him what’s the point of you being here. He left 7 hrs ago. And I’ve been having painful contractions the entire time. I honestly don’t feel like he deserves to be here when I push the baby out. Plus 9 times out of 10, our baby will be born on the same day the child he made on me will be. Should I let him witness the birth or just give birth by myself? I’m honestly over him!

16 Likes

Yes, do it alone. Your husband or SO should be helping you out, comforting you as much as he can, ESPECIALLY when giving birth to his baby. So sorry you’re going through this alone.

1 Like

I agree with everyone else. If he isn’t bringing you peace and love then he can stay away.

1 Like

Your partner is not necessarily your best birthing partner. You need someone that that makes you feel supported and relaxed. If that’s not him then there’s no need for him to be there

3 Likes

Do not have someone in there that is not there to support you. The birth is about what makes you most relaxed and comfortable giving birth. He can be there afterwards.

1 Like

Child birth is hard enough. Did you ask him to help ? Or did you just tell him to leave if he wasn’t going to help ?
Either way, seems like your kid will be born with just you. Your baby daddy will hold it against you the rest of his life, especially if you didn’t give him a chance or tell him what you wanted from him…
Good luck

4 Likes

If you are not 100% comfortable having him there, then no

2 Likes

I’d do it alone like others said it’s stressful enough you don’t need him there to do nothing. He can do nothing and hold down the chair with his butt somewhere else.

You do not have to have anyone in there you dont want

If he’s not bringing you peace and comfort let him stay away.

9 Likes

Are you saying he has another baby being born the same day with someone else

1 Like

I would just send him a text after and say the baby is here. Then leave it up to him after that if he comes back or not

1 Like

If he wanted to be there he would have never left

8 Likes

Sounds like you should do it on your own, I mean clearly he doesn’t care… at all.

1 Like

If he is causing you stress , not at all .

It’s up to you, you’re the one who is going through the pain and work of giving birth. If he’s just there and not trying to comfort you then there’s no point in him being there. Some people don’t like hospitals but how hard is it to suck it up and put his phone down to be there for you.

Honestly my partner was with me for the birth of our first daughter and it was terrible. I was induced and in so much pain (no epidural for 10-11ish hours) he would just sit in the chair playing games while I begged him to hold my hand or rub my back. At one point I got snappy with him and he yelled at me :pleading_face: it was horrible and I hated him being there. I love him to death but he is a terrible support person. With our second daughter he stayed home to watch our first daughter and it went so much better. I’m having our last baby in 2 weeks and he will be staying home to watch our kids.

Do it by yourself. It’s stressful enough as it is.

3 Likes

What’s he supposed to do? Take turns having contractions? Birth it himself? He was there, you told him to leave, so he did. Poor man is damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t. He has just as much a right to be there as you do. You are only 50% of a parent, he’s the other 50%

If he wanted to he would text or call you to check in

1 Like

Do it by yourself. He is not bringing any comfort. No reason to have stress in delivery room. Have a close relative or close friend if u don’t want to be alone

5 Likes

He would have never left you alone laboring in the hospital if he wanted to be there or cared.

1 Like

If he cheated on you and got another woman pregnant why in the he​:field_hockey::field_hockey: are you still with him? He apparently doesn’t care about you or your baby.

2 Likes

The only reason for anyone to be in the delivery room is to support the mother. He’s not doing that so he can stay away. His presence may actually make labor take longer. Stress, anxiety can do that.

He’s Sooooo lucky You are giving birth and not ME. That phone would be in a thousand pieces! He would need emergency services to remove that food wrapper and all from his throat! What the Hell is wrong with these MEN today!

1 Like

If he’s not supporting you there’s no point.

IMO - whether you are over him or not, no man deserves to be excluded from the birth of their child just because he annoys you. Giving birth is damn hard, absolutely… you need to be sure to voice your needs and expectations before booting him out and excluding him. If that’s been done, give him a choice, - “you either be supportive during the process of birthing our child, or you can leave so the process isn’t made harder on myself or our baby from the stress of no support”. - when he’s the one making the choice, after being given the options, he can’t hold it against you for not allowing him in the room for the birth of the baby.

Don’t do it out of spite but if it’s distressing you, making it harder or ruining the experience I’d be refusing him. Childbirth is hard enough and it’s meant to be special. I’m so sorry

Oh mommas. You will regret not having him there. If he was annoying you communicate. He isn’t a mind reader. Hormones and feelings are high. I hope baby is well. :heart_hands: