Would it be okay if I left my baby with my mom for a week?

I’m not sure if you’ll be able to go anytime soon. Then when you factor in quarantine time you could be looking at 3 weeks. And quite possibly a mandatory quarantine in a government sanctioned hotel at your expense :disappointed: given all of this it still wouldn’t be cheaper to do the dental in Canada? Maybe look for a dental university that could do the work at a discount?

5 Likes

Go your baby will be fine with Grandma> You need to get your teeth done go!!!

Yes, please go. It’s not like you are taking a vacation - you are doing this for your health. Of course you will miss him, but you know that he will be in good hands with your mom.

Consider your quarantine stay with your travel. IMO, it’s pandemic, would you rather have a cheaper dental cost but with possibility of contracting the virus, or would you rather stay and pay dental cost in Canada and be safer from contracting the virus? Whatever you choose, I think you will end up paying the same cost. Plane ticket+ quarantine stay+food+accommodation in Turkey+ other misc fees…

4 Likes

Not wrong at all if your comfortable leaving your baby with your mother.

Factor in a $3k hotel stay when you get back.

I left my 8 month old for a week when I went to Florida with my husband. That was for a vacation and yours is an actual need. My daughter was perfectly fine and my mom called me every day and sent pictures. My daughter didn’t even realize I was gone at that age. LOL

Wait, the baby will be fine, I need more info on this teeth business :bangbang:

5 Likes

If you think he’s in good hands and they get along well then take care if yourself. He’ll be a-okay. :slight_smile:

Why do you need peoples approval or opinion? i mean if you know your child settles quite well with your mother then you dont need to worry about it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Im sure he will be just fine especially if he’s with his grandma,and this is something that u need to do for ur health and well being…go get it done and feel good about yourself for doing it

3 Likes

I think I’d be more worried about surviving getting anything done out of the country!

I have had dental work done in Izmir Turkey and the cost was about 1/10th of what I was quoted in America. Food and hotels are also very cheap. If you want to really save money; consider joining Couchsurfing.com. You will have a secure place to stay as well as a guide to help you.

4 Likes

Sounds like YOU are the one with separation anxiety. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Your child will be fine, just like those of military moms who go on deployment, or moms who travel for business. The more good people your child spends time with, the more comfortable they will be in the world and the more independent they will become. It’s only a week! Everyone will be fine. Plus with technology you can keep in touch. Good luck with your newly fixed teeth and enjoy your break from family duties.

3 Likes

I left my 5mo son for 6 days to help my brother move to another state. But he still had dad and sister home with him and grandma was around to help out while I was gone. I tried video chatting with him a few times while I was gone and he honestly did not care at all. Lol when I got back he was over the moon to see me but he did just fine while I was gone. You need to take care of yourself and if that means leaving him for a week…he will be just fine!

How can you give the best care to your child when you’re in such bad shape!? Fill your cup too so days spent with the kids can be enjoyed.

Itd also be a 2 week quarantine when you got back… and you wouldnt be able to see your baby for those 2 weeks either so its basically 3 weeks. Not one.

3 Likes

It’s perfectly fine to leave him with someone you trust. He will miss you but he’s not going to think you’ve abandoned him.

In the long run you’re doing something to improve your quality of life and that’ll improve his as well if it’s something you don’t have to worry about anymore. You should go. He’ll be fine. It’s not going to give him any long term trauma or anything.

1 Like

You are such a good mom. But yes you need a take care for your health. Specially to leave him with grandma it’s alright.

Honestly, even if you just wanted a vacation I would say to do it. Even if you love your child with 100% of your being it doesn’t mean you can’t take time for you, time to take care of yourself so that you can better care for your child. Honestly, I say do it. Get your teeth taken care of.

He will be fine, go & do it. You deserve to for you. I have 3 babies so I totally understand the separation anxiety, you’re leaving him in good loving hands so he will be absolutely fine :hugs::hugs:

Listen it will be good for him you can face time him ever day and night. You need to take care of yourself as well so you will be here to raise him. Also if something happens down the road and you have to be away he will know Momma will be back.

Don’t understand you are willing to pay for air tickets to Turkey cause you want your dentist bill cheap. Wouldn’t it cost you more and getting your teeth taken out. Why can’t you get a couple teeth done here and there or get the whole lot out in one day

1 Like

U should get them done if they r as bad as ur sayin ur passing tgose awful germs to ur babies mouth and can cause him to have diseases in his mouth gums ur basically poisoning him by kissing him dental care if very important

Better to do now. The sooner the better so you don’t have to leave him later on to get more work done on your already bad teeth. Don’t forget you need to heal too once you get it done so you need to rest and leaving him with nana sounds better for recovery.

Do it mama it’s for a good reason.

1 Like

You can face time, he will be fine with Grandma and you can relax and recover from getting your teeth worked on!

It for you health…healthy mama = happiest kid
Go get help while you can, he will miss you but he will be fine. It might even be good for him

Poland is suppose to be a good place for teeth… I guess the price isn’t bad either…

1 Like

He is comfortable with your mom, and she will take good care of him. Knowing that, go. Letting your teeth go like that effects your overall health. You need to take care of this asap.

My kids are 6 and 8 years old and I’ve never left them overnight :joy: I wish I had the courage. The only time I’ve been away from my oldest was to have my youngest and I cried and cried. My mom had to come stay at my house because it was only one block from the hospital :rofl:
I really wish I was stronger!

1 Like

Is it safe to travel to Turkey? What about Covid ?

5 Likes

Girl go! Those teeth being in bad shape could cause a multitude of future health problems. One week is nothing in the grand scheme, and it will be well worth it. Video chat daily, get yourself fixed up, and never regret a second!

2 Likes

He is gone be fajn with your mom!

It’s your kid so it’s your call. He will be safe so that’s not a thing to worry about. Also it’s not like you’re going on vacation

Myself hard no. Couldn’t even think of it. But you need to.manage your health and dental is a big deal for quality of life. I am also from Canada so I understand the cost.

1 Like

Do it as parents we sometimes need a break. My son was 10 month when me and my husband left him with my parents along with my 5 year old to go on our honey moon, my boys are now 13/9/3 and they at my payments at least once a week and have left them for long weekends to have mammy and daddy time xx

1 Like

I stayed with my 13 month old grandson for over a week, while mom and dad took big brother to Disneyland. We had a great bonding time and to this day, he is now 9, we share a closeness. But be prepared! When you come home your child may not want anything to do with you for a few hours. Mine wouldn’t. Went to dad but right back to me. Didn’t want much to do with mom until the next day. But it doesn’t hurt anything. It teaches them that mom may go away for awhile but will come back for them.

You always need time to take care of yourself not feel bad for doing something that will make you healthier dor him

You need to take care of yourself but I would be worried about going so far away to have my teeth fixed. What if something goes wrong a month later? I wonder if there’s a dental school or something close to you. They’re usually much more affordable

1 Like

Anyway your mom and the baby can go to? Where is the baby’s father?

1 Like

Leaving him with your mother is absolutely perfect! Grandma will love it and so will baby!! I know I’m a grandma :heart: There is no greater honor than being asked to keep your grand babies.

1 Like

You’re going for a good reason. You need to take care of yourself. He will be fine.

1 Like

Your teeth are vital part of your and your health. It’s not just for You It’s for her too. She wants you here as long as she can have you. Go take care of urself…she will love u just as much and will not remember u left. You deserve this!

2 Likes

Public health will help pay for teeth if you’re in dyer need etc. Call the unit in the town you live in and see what they say. Also by the time you travel there, get the work done, travel back, pay for your hotel to quarantine in - you might as well pay to do it here. Plus, you have to stay in quarantine for 2 weeks so you’ll be away from your child for longer then a week.

1 Like

Baby’s are resilient. Untreated oral health can also lead to major, sometimes fatal, health problems.

I think you should go, self care for mommas too!

2 Likes

I had to leave my 7wk old for a month due to a hospitalization. My husband worked nights so my mother in law had him full time during the week. It sucked but we both got through it and he was fine when I got home. You do what you have to do for your health. Bad teeth can cause issues in a lot of other areas of the body! He’ll be fine and won’t even remember.

Absolutely. We have had my parents and my husband’s parents watch our kids for prolonged periods. My older boys would spend 3 weeks up in the northwest territories with them visiting other family. They watched them when my husband and I went to Vegas and Mexico as well. (Week) the last time was 2 years ago. Eager for another holiday. Although your situation is super different, I have bad teeth too and that trip would be worth it for sure.

Girl do not listen to some of these moms. Your health is important too. Actually it’s more important you can’t take care of him if you feel terrible. It’s not like your going on vacation. go get your teeth fixed girl

1 Like

You need to take care of you (whether you need to get your teeth done or even if you just needed time to yourself) so you can be the best (&pain free!) you can be. Especially since you’re leaving him with someone you trust and loves him. Two of my grandkids live out of state (2 & 4 now), I was there when they were born and have face timed their whole lives. I keep them for 1-2 weeks at a time several times a year. I thought it would be hard on them but they do wonderful. Even with the distance- I guess maybe since we face time daily and mom always talks to them positively about the fun they will have.

Just leave him overnight for one night to see how he does, and to help him get broken away from you a little, then you can leave him for two nights, etc. So he understands you are coming back. If you just take off all at once it will be too traumatic for him. He may not understand that you are coming back. And if there is any way that you can avoid the risk of flying to another country and get your teeth done at home, maybe by taking out a loan or perhaps finding a charity or government social services that could help, pal the better. Either way I would leave him with your mother in occasion to help him get broken away from you a little.

1 Like

No it’s not wrong. I’m going to watch my grandson for a week. While mom and dad take my granddaughter to Disney world. He will be 8 months.

In order to take care of others( in your case your son) you need to take care of yourself. Especially if you’re leaving him with a loving grandma :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It wont hurt him love leave with granma .she will love it and so will your little one xx

1 Like

Kids that age don’t have concept of time. He won’t even realize how long you were gone. I had to go to work after my baby was born and I travelled for work. No option. So I was gone for weeks at a time. They miss you but they are totally fine. It teaches them to be close to others too. No so dependant on you. My oldest is 20 now. Super independent and confident. No harm done. Only good! Take care of yourself. You deserve it.

3 Likes

Go he will be fine with your mom. Just Beauregard and give her a written letter dated and signed for her to have Authorization to do any thing for him. Just in case.
Your teeth health is very important it can lead to heart issues if not treated. Get them fixed.

1 Like

It’s for a good reason don’t feel guilty!

You have to first take care of yourself before you can properly care for others. Go get your teeth fixed guilt free. And as someone who let it go on to long, I high encourage you to go asap

1 Like

Go get your teeth fixed. No guilt. Moms need to take care of themselves as well. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

You have to take care of yourself to take care of LO. As long as he is cared for then go.

I read this once and applied it to my life and made all the difference in the airplane if it were to go down to whom do you put the life jacket and mask on first, yourself or your child, people will say child, but the child won’t have you after, as you would be unconscious and can’t help them, you put the mask on yourself first and then your child, that goes with everything one day that child will leave you to venture in the world, you must take care of yourself first, then your child, and it’s okay… I would go if you can the child will be fine and he won’t even remember anyhow, they sleep majority of the day, I live in Canada going to the dentist is a blessing I have heard of people going to Cuba for vacation and repair work because it’s cheaper to fly there and get all dental work done then do it here :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

To answer this question anonymously, head to our forum

It’ll be good for you and baby to have a break. And it’s definitely for a good reason!

Girl he will be fine

Girl you got to be healthy for him including your teeth! It’s hard but you need to take care of yourself!

1 Like

I’ve left my son w my parents n my in-laws when he was a baby… my son he’s not so attached to me but he gets homesick easily… and w my daughter I wish I left her at my dads more often n now she clings to my legs lol :joy: sometimes it’s good for the future to leave them :joy: I once left my daughter at my dads when she was couple months jus for a day or 32 hours tho… she was onay

Just leave a shirt that smells like u to confront him when he needs it but I honestly don’t see the problem. As long as the grandma is reliable

1 Like

Hell no!! If you’re mom is willing, girl do it! It will be good for them both
I have left mine for 5 days. It was a nice break and time with my husband

This is a medical reason not a selfish one. It needs to be done. I’m sure she’ll be fine. Maybe try letting her sleep over at grandma’s for a night, then 2 nights and so on to see how she handles it.

6 Likes

Absolutely!!! Your health is important for you and your child! One week away with a family member that is loving, caring and capable to care for him shouldn’t be a problem.
Yes, it will be tough for both of you for a few days but it’s temporary and your doing it to take care of yourself.
Remember taking care of your teeth is important and not doing so can cause other medical problems.
Taking care of you, is a part of taking care of him. Sometimes Moms forget that.

Go its not like you’re leaving him to do something stupid. You need your teeth, he will be fine with your mom!

1 Like

The struggles of a mom :joy::joy: But seriously if you’re teeth are bed to the point it’s effecting your health you need to get it fixed! There’s no reason to be guilty about wanting to get that done and it will only cost more if you wait. You’re not leaving to party or ditch your mom duties. It’s just as important to care for yourself as it is your baby boy.

1 Like

Momma it’s for your health! Please get your teeth fixed. He will adjust, I am certain you will miss him more than he will miss you. Get better and everyone will be happy :blush:

1 Like

Take care of your health. It’s not fun but it’s only one week he will be safe

Having bad teeth can be detrimental to your health. If you aren’t healthy you are no good to your family! Go-your little one will be fine. Harder for you than them!

2 Likes

If it’s for your health then go for it. It’s apparent you love him or else you wouldn’t be asking these questions

1 Like

You gotta take care of yourself too! As long as his grandma is reliable and you trust her then you should go! :heart:

1 Like

Take care of you momma. He’s got to learn the importance of self care and he’s watching you. He will be fine :heart: he might miss you aswell you him but take care of yourself.

1 Like

Don’t feel bad about leaving your son with your mom. Just keep in mind there are huge risks when traveling overseas for medical treatment, especially if you are going alone. What if you become ill, injured, incapacitated? Who will advocate/make medical decisions for you? Make sure you have a will in place and file any necessary paperwork for you mom to have the ability to seek medical attention/make medical decisions for your son while you are gone. Just in case of an emergency, better to be prepared!

1 Like

Goooo… He’ll be fine mama. You need this :heart::green_heart:

1 Like

I also want to add that even if it wasn’t for a medical reason, its ok to have a break, that is not selfish at all :heart:

2 Likes

He’ll be fine leave him

Grandma’s love is just like or even more than a mums. You won’t regret it

1 Like

It will be a lot longer than a week if you went to Turkey. You would have to quarantine for 14 days by yourself when you got home. You’d spend 3 days in a hotel at your expense and have a Covid test first , then home to quarantine!!

1 Like

I left my 6 mo old with my mom and sister to go on my honeymoon with her two year old sister and it was hard but she was absolutely fine and had no issues. I don’t think anything is wrong with it. Being a mom doesn’t mean you’re required to be 24/7 with them and burn yourself out. You’re aloud to do things for yourself. Obviously I wouldn’t say it’s best to do it constantly but you doing this once even once every few months I don’t see a problem with.

1 Like

He will be fine, You are doing something you need to to be able to take good care of yourself and also him because you will feel amazing & it’s necessary

2 Likes

My 5 year old daughter has never spent a night away from me, personal choice but there’s no way in hell I’d leave a baby overnight with anyone.

1 Like

Absolutely. Your not leaving him to go party for a week, your leaving him for medical reasons.

1 Like

Love yourself, take care of yourself, only then can you take care of your loved ones. Go do it, momma!

Can you not come to the states for your dental work? I’m just curious

It’s a trip for your health, if you are in pain and can’t eat properly you are not going to be able to be the best mum you can be, so take the trip get your health in order and come back to your baby healthy and pain free. Besides just think of all the lovely grandma/grandson bonding time your son and mum will get.