Would it be weird of me to breastfeed my boyfriends kid?

Not weird at all. Speak to dad and make sure he talks to mom about it. Get the ok from both of them and give it a try. I would gladly have my baby BF by somone I trust over them struggling with a bottle.

At 2 months mom’s breastmilk hasn’t established fully yet, also maybe baby doesn’t want bottle because at that age they simply want their mother. Either way, talk to the mom.

That’s a question for the mother. She may have an issue with it. If she says no then offer for her to maybe hang out with y’all while baby is still so little until y’all find a bottle baby will take.

You need to ask the mother first, but if she is ok with it I don’t think it would be weird.

I would 100% clear that with BOTH parents before you go just breastfeeding someone else’s baby without consent. However, if both are on board, then I see no problem with it. Wet nurses have been a thing for a long long time.

It’s not weird but you make sure that you talk to the baby’s mother first and make sure that it’s ok to do that. That’s crossing a line if the mother isn’t ok with it and I wouldn’t be surprised if the mothers stops visitation over it so make sure you communicate with the mother very clearly

That would be up to the Mom and you…   one of my friends sisters had a baby and could produce a lot of milk and I breast-fed her baby and I pumped and she fed by bottle when we couldn’t be together

Your eating habits might supply something I’m in your milk that his baby is allergic to that your baby is not. Lots of factors to consider

Having had one child who never took a bottle and refused all types of formula-if it was me and you asked me first I would be totally fine with it. When I had to leave my son as an infant for any amount of time over a few hours, I could only leave him with my husband and stepmom who would spoon feed him pumped breastmilk. If mom refuses, spoon feeding pumped milk may work. It was something a lactation consultant suggested and it was the only thing that worked for us. Spoon Feeding - Lactation Consultant

Back in the day not weird. Today kinda sounds weird because it’s not seen as normal but that would be the mothers call honestly.

Talk to the child’s mother first. If mom is okay with it, and you and dad are okay with it, then I don’t see what it would hurt as long as the baby is fed. :woman_shrugging:t3:

It’s a natural process. There’s nothing weird about it. Just make sure you talk to mom first.

I’d ask the mother first before you breast feed her child if she’s fine with it go ahead.

If :baby: baby’s mom is ok with it it seems like a problem solver. Let us know the outcome. Mom might want to pump and send with baby.

Wet nursing has been a thing for centuries, likely since the dawn of time. All you can do is ask. If she says no then it’s no harm, no foul. You’re kind to consider this :two_hearts:

You need to ask her FIRST, then dad. That’s awfully young to be away from momma when they won’t take a bottle. Regardless of him being the dad. He’d be up shits creek without a paddle if the option wasn’t there, so that’s something they need to figure out.

No it wouldn’t be weird IF you ask and get permission from mom.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with it as long as it’s ok with the Mom.

This would be a heck no for me. I def wouldn’t want you to breastfeed my kid.

Feed that baby!!! It doesn’t matter whose baby it is, it takes a village, step up!

Krystal Lynn she’s asking if it’s weird to offer, not to just do it. The title line is misleading.

Take baby back to the mum.

Ask mama first but no it’s not weird.

What are you doing in the mean time if baby won’t take a bottle?

Did the baby’s mother say it was ok?

Definitely ask momma first. That’s not a dad choice in my opinion. She might refuse only because she doesn’t know you, I’d be concerned of drug or alcohol use if it was me and someone I didn’t know well! So don’t be offended if she says no. But she might totally be okay with it and thankful that you offered!! :blush:

Can’t the mother send you some of her own milk if she’s still breastfeeding? If not you should be proud of yourself for offering to help in such a way

Back in the day this was so normal to do and this is how the baby a building immunity but nowadays people are offended by such things

You certainly need to get permission first. It won’t be weird to ask, it will be weird if you dont ask and just do it.

I mean you can offer but don’t expect her to say yes.

It wouldn’t be something I would want that is for sure . You better run that by the mother .

I had a woman do that to me while she was babysitting my newborn son. I was highly offended and almost punched her face!!!

My son just turned 2…
How is anyone breastfeeding that monster? Haha am I missing something? Hahaha

1 Like

Yes, personally I think it’s weird!!

Why do I keep getting tagged in a reply just for y’all to take it down before I get can read it. :woman_facepalming:

No but definitely get permission

This idea is awesome but at the same time, you need to talk to mom about it. This isn’t a thing where dad alone has the say. This fully requires a mothers consent

Ask Mom or wait til baby is weaned to have them visit with Dad. I also can’t believe that the mom would let that baby come knowing that it doesn’t take a bottle

Ask the mother not the internet

Oh hell no girl. Don’t be that person.