Would it be wrong of me to date my ex-husbands new wifes brother?

Go for it. Be happy. Lifes too short to worry too much about what everyone thinks.

3 Likes

Go for it, you only live once!

2 Likes

As a respect thing I would talk to your ex and his wife about it and let them know you think you and her brother have hit it off and would like to date him. And if it goes poorly, you can still decide to date him but at least you talked to them about it first :joy: :woman_shrugging:t3:

7 Likes

That could get pretty messy. Family get-together would be confusing for the kids… I don’t feel like it’s a great idea. You’re an adult and entitled to do what you want…but I wouldn’t want to be in your shoes when it blows up in your face. I realize you’re grown and can do as you please, but in this case, it’s not a good idea to get involved

1 Like

I would talk to the ex’s wife & maybe her parents, or tbh he should be the one to. Is it serious? If it is then ya he should!

Go for it. Hope it works out for you.

That’s not forbidden or wrong if it was his brother than that is wrong

1 Like

Ahaa yesss & if it works out change ur name to I am Legend :grimacing:

2 Likes

Do you :100: whatever makes you happy :relaxed:

You do you hun . He’s moved on and happy you deserve that as well .
You have to weigh pros and cons
If things would end badly how would it effect the family dynamic.
But I say screw it . If he makes you happy go for it . You won’t know unless you try
Best of luck luv

1 Like

That sounds so awkward but there is nothing illegal or anything so if he’s the one, give him a chance. If it fails, it may hurt your relationship with his family so if things aren’t working, talk about it with him, a lot.

that would be creepy and weird. like it would seem that you are trying to be near your ex for some reason

Life is too short for what ifs

Follow your heart

I mean me and my spouse just read lol and we think :thinking: why not , who’s business is it anyway :person_shrugging: no you can really be part of the family.

People will end up choosing sides if you guys split, shit might be messy lol. And might be confusing for your kids.

Girlfriend, date the guy, you don’t have to ask permission, but let them know it’s happening no matter who has a problem with it…

Life is short. Go for it.

This is weird but you do you lol

1 Like

I was great friends with my ex and his girlfriend. My ex mother in law even bought my husband xmas gifts. We are all like one family. Both husbands have passed now but the rest of us are all close. It would not feel weird to me if I was in your situation. I think it’s kind of nice for the kids.

2 Likes

Date him! Not sure I’d do it, but you do whatever you want!

2 Likes

Loves hard to find Sweetheart. Sounds like you have a great relationship with your Ex. I say go for it.

2 Likes

Obviously you are friends with your ex husbands wife. My opinion talk to her first as your friend not your ex’s wife about how she would feel about you dating her brother, just like if it were any other of your close friends and her brother. Respect the relationship you have with her because that is rare.

8 Likes

Y’all all pretty friendly sounding. Do what you want.

Life’s short! Do what makes you happy :heart:

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with it!

Don’t ask me, My first and third husbands are brothers.:green_heart:
We all get along amazingly well.

8 Likes

Why not? He’s not your ex’s brother.

6 Likes

If it’s good with him and you, go for it. You don’t need permission.

3 Likes

Jerry springer would love this…

3 Likes

You lost me at husbands new wifes brother…Kidding, I always see these posts and wonder this…If it has to be asked, I likely already have the answer. Personally, I would not date him, or any of his family. Think about the trouble emotionally it would take on everyone, especially your daughter.

3 Likes

Amy Fitzpatrick mind if I date Ricky???

Just Do it
You only live once

3 Likes

Go for it, life is too short. enjoy your life.

1 Like

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!! :joy:

4 Likes

I don’t really think you need permission. However, if you have a close relationship with her, maybe you can give her a heads up and tell her how you feel. It’s not about creating an confusion, love is hard to find too. And if you see if there’s a chance go for it.

1 Like

No you go on and join the family since you been hanging around them all of this time. Let me guess, Kentucky huh?

2 Likes

Keep it in the family eh​:rofl::+1:t2:

3 Likes

If you feel the need to ask if something is ok; then you already know the answer :woozy_face::melting_face:

1 Like

already a part of the family :rofl::rofl:

Why not? just keep in mind that if a breakup gets messy, it might mess up the dynamic.

2 Likes

it doesn’t matter who you date. as long as they’re a decent person and you’re both happy.

1 Like

I don’t understand why not.

l get paid over $ 195 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 18452 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://dollarinfopaid720.pages.dev/

1 Like

I don’t see why anyone should be upset just be honest about it, you’re grown adults who have feelings for eachother, life is too short to worry about who may be upset :woman_shrugging:t2:… you’re not cheating or causing anyone any harm?! Go be happy… if your ex and his wife are genuinely happy there shouldn’t be any issues anyway :smile:

5 Likes

I think this is awesome! Do it! Be happy!

Youre all adults and not related. Why not ?

1 Like

First off koodos to having a great relationship with your ex partner and his wife. Not many of us have that.
Second i think you are both adults and if u wanna both act on it I would sit down with both ex husband and wife and tell them how you are both feeling towards eachother.

2 Likes

Your an adult … and it sounds like your in a good place with all the family … maybe it’s time
You find your happiness

2 Likes

That’s a little awkward

It looks like you are all very mature so I’d say go for it.

3 Likes

I mean. Your baby daddy is married to his wife. Thats their uncle. So if you want a uncle daddy for your kids… yeah.

10 Likes

Go for it find your happiness

1 Like

I think that is an individual‘s choice to make by myself I would discuss it with family to see how it will go with them. When there’s friction with things like this it can make a relationship, if it goes that far, difficult for both of you

I’d initially say it’s weird but there really isn’t an shouldn’t be anything wrong about it.

Go for it I would and y’all can be one big happy family . And probably still get along and do stuff with the kids .

2 Likes

Do what you both want to do. Can’t please everyone ever. Please yourselves. We only get one life.

1 Like

I have several double cousins. My grandparents brothers and sisters married each other’s brothers and sisters. No incest. No brother or sister married each other. I resize what you are saying. Honestly I’d everyone is ok with it, go for it.

1 Like

Personally the only people that should matter in this question are your kids, him and you. Yes it could strain other friendships but that is both of your decision to make. You could talk it over with them to feel it out. Funny thing is this sounds like the intro to a romcom. What those books tend to show is its best not to keep it a secret. That will cause hurt feelings of why didn’t you trust us to know.

3 Likes

Those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter won’t mind :cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

Ask the ex and his wife. Sounds like yall are close enough to do that

5 Likes

If your asking for approvel from strangers… Then that is probably a no…

1 Like

Y’all been split for 10 years. Date whoever you want

12 Likes

I would go for it!!! Only yours his and your children’s opinions matter really but I understand the pressure to not make a huge deal about it because he is family to your ex’s new wife. Very tangled situation lol.

Do what makes you and your kiddos happy. I’m sure they’ve been around him as well and should have some opinion of him

Definitely odd… but you only live once! Be happy! I would only not if it would upset ur child.

1 Like

Should be a nonissue

1 Like

You have every right to be with the person you want to be with. I say go for it.

2 Likes

Do what you want you are both grown. Who cares what other people think. Be happy. Life it to short

1 Like

Not if you are on a friendly relationship with your ex and her family. Ask the ex what he thinks

2 Likes

Do what makes you both happy.

1 Like

Might be weird for your daughter if she calls your boyfriend “uncle” and her step mom “aunt”

3 Likes

I wonder if your ex-husband and his new wife have kids then your and her brother have kids what would they be step siblings and uncle’s or aunties lol hiw would they address each other auntie or uncle sister brother

1 Like

Do it. Who cares what they think

2 Likes

Personally I would talk with your exes wife if yall are that close, your ex opinion shouldn’t matter unless the kids stand any harm with the brother, which sounds like they isn’t from your statement of everyone is getting along. If your children are old enough maybe ask them opinions of how they feel about the man! Your happiness matters, as already said life is too short, I would go for it, if the kids are ok with it. Maybe even if the sister is ok with it! Good luck

Go for it. You’re both single

2 Likes

Why not there’s no blood tie and if you’re already friends then you probably know him better than someone you’d randomly meet.

3 Likes

I don’t see anything wrong your both adults

1 Like

Why not :woman_shrugging:t4: you’re already in the fam

Unconventional sure… But to hold off on your happiness for something that truly doesn’t matter in the end would be foolish. Your kids know who is who, titles don’t matter. By the way it sounds I think the family would be happy for the both of you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Go get him girl!

If it makes you guys happy then go for it

It’s been 10 yrs, he’s got a new life and family. Just do it. You’re all adults
If they don’t u derstand, that’s their pettiness n smallmindedness

You literally wouldn’t be the first. In fact this is becoming quite common. Instead of asking us, you should ask your ex & his wife if they would be uncomfortable with it.

If you are both free and it makes you happy go for it, Don t know if you Don t try