Would it be wrong of me to date my ex-husbands new wifes brother?

My daughter’s dad and I have been split up for 10 years. He’s married with 4 of his own children with his wife. We are great friends. We take all of our kids out to do things together and we talk every day. His wife has a huge family whom I’m around all the time her mom has told me I’m part of their family. Her brother and I have recently bonded and have feelings for each other. Is this an forbidden thing that can’t happen? Would anyone have rights to be upset about this? Just looking for opinions on the matter. Thanks!!

178 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Would it be wrong of me to date my ex-husbands new wifes brother? - Mamas Uncut

Ask the ex. If he is cool with it go for it. If not that’s weird

2 Likes

My ex husband married my fiance’s step sister…we love who we love :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

If you are all friends and acting like adults, I don’t see why. Or maybe talk to them first. Get their blessings

1 Like

Talk to the wife and see what she has to say about. However, at the end of the day No one can tell you what to do. Your a grown women and he a grown man. You guys can do whatever you want.

I would talk to your ex and his wife first as they’re the only people who’s opinions sort of matter. But ultimately you’re all adults so it shouldn’t matter

2 Likes

I don’t see any problems with it, especially if you guys are all good friends ! Maybe chat with the ex, see if he’s gonna find it strange or not

So would that make him and uncle and step dad to the kids? Honest question. I don’t think it truly matters as everyone’s adults.

3 Likes

I would have a talk with them. But to me I couldn’t lol… too weird.

Well…would you feel weird if your kid told people Mom married Dad’s wife’s brother? There’s your answer.

3 Likes

I married my ex’s best friend (like practically brothers at one point) :person_shrugging: it happens.

1 Like

If y’all are all cool I don’t see why it is a problem.you deserve to be happy to

1 Like

the fact youre even close to his wife’s family, automatically gives you clearance. I don’t see how it’s anyone’s business tbh

5 Likes

If he makes you happy go for it. Slowly… but go for it.

1 Like

I don’t think it should matter but since you have such a good relationship with everyone I would be upfront with your ex and his wife so that no boundaries are crossed. They should be given a chance to discuss it especially since you want to set examples for your child :slightly_smiling_face: but we love who we love!

7 Likes

You don’t need ANYONES permission to date ANYONE ! Do what makes you happy.

2 Likes

So you want to be your ex’s sister in law now? :woozy_face:

Yeah that would be really weird and probably even more confusing for the kids lol.

7 Likes

I dont see nothing wrong with it. You are all adults and get along well. You dont need their permission nor does he, girl be happy.

2 Likes

Do whatever makes you happy. Your ex did.

3 Likes

If you both are happy it shouldn’t matter what anyone thinks.

3 Likes

Go for it! Life’s to short to pass on a meaningful and healthy connection. And it’s better to ask for forgiveness than permission…

2 Likes

10 years and 4 kids later… NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT… ENJOY SIS!

5 Likes

If y’all got married wouldn’t that make your ex her father and her uncle at the same time? :joy:

2 Likes

Nah girl don’t go there.yous are all happy around each other leave it like that.:point_up:

2 Likes

Can’t y’all find someone outside your extended family? Why do people never think about what a complicated mess it makes when extended family date, and then everyone involved in the family at some point will have to face judgemental stares, and it’s just too much. All the people on the planet and you can’t find someone outside the family? Would you like a banjo for your wedding gift?

6 Likes

Maybe date for another month. If it’s going well, you guys can tell them together.

2 Likes

Do what makes you feel good!!

2 Likes

It’s disrespectful to all parties. Millions of other people on the planet

3 Likes

Sure why not keep it in the family! :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

If it fizzles after a few weeks for whatever reason, then no one needs to know.

I don’t think you can help who you fall for …. If the feelings are mutual maybe it was meant to be…

2 Likes

Do you sis!! Your happiness vs. another MF’S opinion? YOU PICK! IF IT WERE ME, I’D BE SHARING PICTURES

Youbdeserve happiness no matter who it is with. Shoild ask yourself thogh, if it doesn’t work out do you think everything will still be cool and as easy as it is now.

1 Like

Do what makes you happy!!! Life is too short :heartbeat:

1 Like

Uncle Step daddy… lol. I can’t :laughing::laughing: there’s soooo many people in this world…why do people keep someone in the family… or extended family… it’s weird AF to me… I believe everyone needs to be happy…but I dunno, I just couldn’t personally do that myself… awkward.

3 Likes

I’d ask her if it would be weird

1 Like

Why not lol my families done worse my brothers all dated and had kids with a set of cousins and best friends and then they split up swapped went back to each other and so on LOL

Who cares. Date away.

I hate when people say there’s a million other people in the world. Well if you have a genuine connection with this one, you don’t get to meet the 8 billion other people. This is somebody that she actually has a chance to spend time with.
Like you said everybody gets along everybody is cool with each other the one concern would be the screw that up if there’s an awkward break up. I would have a discussion with the guy, and try to date privately for at least 3 months and if it’s serious and there’s really a chance to make it work then you can come clean to the family. Make a deal that nobody’s going to do something stupid to screw it up and make it awkward. If it doesn’t work out no hard feelings. It actually makes spending holidays all together a lot easier.

5 Likes

I mean, it kinda sounds like the perfect scenario lol. You’re around them with the kids between you anyways, might as well stay in the family as well. Hopefully it works out cause otherwise that could be an issue.

1 Like

I definitely think it will cross into a uncharted territory but if everyone’s okay with it maybe try? You’ve been spilt 10 years. Good amount of time. 

1 Like

I would ask her out of respect

1 Like

However I wouldn’t say anything to the kids till your sure it will work out

You only live once hun.if it makes you happy it can’t be bad

1 Like

Your both adults go for it

1 Like

If it will make you’re children uncomfortable its a Nope

See this happen sooo many times
If your genuinely happy and you guys work out then great but lay low until you know your a for sure thing and keep it between you two so it has some privacy to bloom :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Go for it… Life is to short… Be happy… It’s your life no one is being hurt…

Live your life and be happy girl!

2 Likes

Go for it!! …. Just super slow…

It could get messy and a little weird if things don’t work out. But after 10 years separated and you guys having a good relationship, then just do what makes you happy.!

6 Likes

Ask the people who matter. Your ex. His wife. The mother. The kids. If nobody has a problem with it there’s not a problem. Ask them together—You’re not blood related and I wouldn’t have a problem with it, but people are weird.

6 Likes

Not off limits at all . Go for it.

2 Likes

As long as it’s not your brother… go for it lol

4 Likes

You’ve been split up for 10 years, you get along well with the family. Proceed with caution, but definitely ok if you proceed.

1 Like

Imagine if you got married. "My step mom is also my aunt in law " That’s weird to me. Lol, but to each their own

2 Likes

There’s no taboo as far as I can see…but do be aware that if things end badly you might lose that whole “part of the family” vibe with everyone else…

2 Likes

I would! Real love is rare and I wouldn’t hold back for anyone.

3 Likes

Think about how odd that would be for the kids. A big nope

2 Likes

Shoot your shot girl!!

Go for it!! He may be the one for you!! Happy for you!

7 Likes

Might end up being messy but so is love, go for it x

2 Likes

It seems kinda weird in my opinion but do you. :v:t4:

1 Like

Random questions, do you guys get nasty messages in your inbox from people that dosent agree with your comments ,? I won’t comment on a post again and leaving this group

Would the kids be cousins and siblings

2 Likes

You should talk with your ex’s wife if yall are close and let her know you have feelings for him and see if it bothers her. If yall all get along so well , you don’t want to ruin that

7 Likes

So if you guys got married and have kid all these kids would now be half siblings with your shared daughter and all be cousins too! :sweat_smile: that’d be a big NO. But that’s just me!

Not wrong but very hard to understand and weird

2 Likes

I mean it’s not his brother so you do you

6 Likes

Blended family ig as long as yall are happy and not related🤷🏻‍♀️

2 Likes

As long as the family is ok with it and you think it has the potential to last, I’d say go for it. Discuss what y’all are going to do if you split ahead of times though. You don’t want hurt feelings to mess up the family dynamic you have now.

5 Likes

No if goes south that could be a mess

So it would step dad / uncle and half sibling/cousin sounds like backwoods Arkansas shit to me to messy and complicated wouldn’t touch that with 50 foot pole :joy:

As long as your both above the age of 18 and both consenting I don’t see an issue. Nobody can tell you who you can and can’t be with. I say go for it.

1 Like

Forbidden absolutely NOT , weird and completely inappropriate HECK YES

6 Likes

I Get Paid 0ver $ 112 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 13766 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me to try. The p0ssibility with this is limitless.

SEE MORE HERE… https://AmazingOpportunity35.pages.dev

1 Like

Fuck it, it’s your life do what you want and what makes you happy! You are entitled to be happy! You are not blood related in any way. You aren’t crossing any lines. You are simply a women who has discovered feelings! See where it goes.

Do whatever pleases you both!

3 Likes

You need to do what is best for you. If you think your ex would get upset then talk to him about it.

1 Like

If this ain’t :neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face:…on a positive note, have a conversation with your ex. It isnt like you all are blood related. I, personally dont see an issue with it :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

It sounds like everyone gets along with everyone else, so I don’t see how it would be a problem. You guys owe it to yourselves to pursue a relationship.

4 Likes

You don’t need ours, or anyone else’s approval. If it works for you and makes you happy then go for it.!

5 Likes

Go for it !!! You only live once.

2 Likes

I say go for it. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Go for it, if anything his wife would be happy that you’re taken lol.

5 Likes

I mean it’s been 10 years and he’s remarried. So I don’t see an issue. They all like you and you don’t have issues with your ex.

2 Likes

Wrong no but messy yes lol

4 Likes

Go for it, if it’s what your comfortable with, then Do it.

2 Likes

If you have to ask….:joy::joy:

Lol i mean im dating my sisters husbands brother😅 so no I dont see any issue with u dating who u want🥰

1 Like

If your so concerned about the situation then throw out a hypothetical what if we started dating to the family. See what the concensis is so you know what to expect If you go forward with what you want.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t that make the child’s dad her step-uncle too? Family math confuses me :joy: but go for it if everyone is encouraging it!

9 Likes

Think of it this way … you are around the family a lot … if things don’t work out you will have to see him at alot of family events … can you do that?

3 Likes

It’s been 10 years and he had a whole new wife and kids… if he or anyone else has an issue then they’re weird…

3 Likes

One life to live, try your best to be a decent human & be happy :heartpulse:

3 Likes

Do it ! He’s not your concern anymore :raised_hands:

3 Likes

I don’t see an issue, that’s not uncommon in human history

2 Likes

I mean…it’s a little odd just in generals (but aren’t most families) but there’s nothing wrong about it

1 Like

Do what makes you both happy :fu:t3:anyone who has an issue :woman_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

10 years and you have not moved on, your ex has a full time wife, and a part time wife, what is wrong with you, distance yourself from that family so you can move on from your ex.

7 Likes