Would it be wrong of me to keep my child home from her dads?

I agree Australia…I thought yall were good

I would let her go. Most places have people mask up. If your that concerned just make sure that they mask up when they around her and use hygiene practice.

Yes You are being unreasonable.

If you take your child to the grocery store, or anywhere in public over the last year, there is no reason she shouldn’t go to her dad’s house. Unless she has been in a bubble for the last year… Let her go to her dad’s house.

Send her. This isn’t an excuse.

3 Likes

its not wrong, its real🤷‍♀️

2 Likes

Talk this over with her father hun , strangers on FB really isn’t your best option… this is between your family no-one elses business.

9 Likes

Nah man a pandemic triumphs everything because god forbind knock on woods she actually gets sick. He will then be sad and angry and you will feel worse because you’d feel the whole “I told u so” thing

3 Likes

I agree with the dad. This is completely selfish. She could catch covid from the local grocery store, she catch it at her doctors office. Using this illness as an excuse is petty and unreasonable.

15 Likes

Virus has a 99% survival rate. It’s his daughter too. Yes, it’s wrong. I’m sure she’s been to the grocery stores and what not but can’t go to her dads?

12 Likes

I don’t understand why she can go to school, but she can’t go see her dad? It seems like you’re just trying to keep your daughter away from her dad.

6 Likes

So mom is taking all possibilities into consideration before her child travels…and yall mad? Lmao. Weird that good parenting upsets you.

16 Likes

Why not Ask them to get tested before sending her. Peace of mind for you. And daughter gets to go🤷🏼‍♀️

2 Likes

You can’t live life scared, there’s no telling how long this will last

1 Like

I’m so glad I live in NZ where covid is basically non existent :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Personally I wouldnt send her. But I would absolutely offer to schedule him the amount of time he missed when its safer. He deserves to see his baby if course but safety should be the first priority. Maybe see if he would be willing to reschedule if you explained your worry? This way he still gets his time and safety is handled

8 Likes

Do you stay home 24/7? Does your child? I’d let her go thats her rather i know its scary but do you keep her home during flu season? Where is she going when they are at work?

3 Likes

If ya comcerned , re evaluate nearer the time , re evaluate statistics in area ur at , where shes going to , ya daughter health etc. He needs to bear in mind hes wanting her to visit for predominantly him, so he really needs to evaluate the situation where he lives and ask himself , do i really want my daughter coming here where the situation is worse???

2 Likes

Imagine if the roles were reversed you’d want to see your kid

4 Likes

Why don’t you contact your lawyer or whoever set up the custody agreement? Go and get actual answers from someone who can give you answers before jumping to scenarios. Because even if you do feel you wanna keep her home for safety. You may not have a choice without his agreement or a fight (just assuming).

It’s her dad. It’s not your choice if this is his visit time. I understand your concern with the infant. But it needs addressed with dad not the internet. Also my kids lived in a bubble and didn’t get it from their dad who had it in the same house. They had to quarantine due to his exposure.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s selfish to think about the health of your children at all. Idk why everyone is automatically jumping to you keeping her from him when you’ve only asked about 1 week. If he’s willing and you’re worried see if he’ll trade with you in the future. If he’s reasonable like that. The reason covid is so rampant in the first place is cuz people are not taking precautions.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if selfish is particularly the word I would use but for me I personally wouldn’t send her unless they either got tested first or self-isolated for 2 weeks first to make sure that they didn’t have it and or I would offer to help them pay with like a hotel or something like that if they wanted to come down themselves and spend time with my child because it is still their family too and if they didn’t have the funds like I still would want to help them out because it is still the child’s father too at the end of the day I see both points but at the end of the day I feel like it’s probably better to just meet in the middle somewhere where you both feel like you got screwed and put the child first because you are both of their parents and they need both of you in their lives

Yea no I see a lot of people saying she should go but like… no.

This little girl is 6 years old. What if she has underlying problems that no one knows of yet? The risk of exposure starts as soon as you leave your house because you can get it anywhere. Stoping for gas, getting snacks , using the bathroom? Even when she gets to her dads. He works at a gym. What if she caught it but didn’t show signs until a few days after What if he’s aAsymptomatic? So now he has this and his baby is in his home hugging him kissing him touching his stuff playing with her toys that we’re left there and now she gets sick and those underlying problems start to appear and worsen?? What if the cop mom got it and brought it him and now they all have it? You know how hard it is to care for your family when all of you have it? It’s really fucking hard.
This mom just said that Sydney was high in covid so it’s reasonable for her to not want to put her daughter at risk and on top of that she has a 9 month baby at home. That’s even scarier.

God forbid any of this happens but like I said earlier the parents would just play the blame game and feel guilty as hell

And for those of you saying”what if it was the other way around” shut up. Just shut up. Cuz yea it would suck ass if it was the other way around but I’m 99 percent sure she would be reasonable with it

7 Likes

Let her see her Dad!

4 Likes

There is a 99% survival rate. With! No testing needed! If nobody is having sx let her go. Send her a mask. Give her some travel hand sanitizer to use and remind her of social distancing. She will be fine! I work front line nursing all day and my kids are exposed to me daily and have yet to get it. I have had it twice also! It’s not as bad as MSM puts it out to be!

7 Likes

He has the same parental rights as you. As a fellow mother in this world I understand you being scared to let her go. Let him continue being her father.

Maybe talk to him and his wife about your concerns?

1 Like

So many lawyers with FB degrees on here. Idk why anyone even goes to law school anymore when they can just learn everything they need to know from you fine people.

8 Likes

Yeah alienating children from their other parent is wrong.

3 Likes

If no custody agreement then dont send her.you have every right to protect her vs versa

Yes. It would be unfair to him and her. Just cause yall didn’t work out, doesn’t mean you have to punish your kid.

5 Likes

Ask yourself if it were one week of your time… would you be okay with missing out on seeing your kid?
I wouldn’t.
If it is of concern to you…You could have her stay with her dad for awhile until things are safe and you know she’s not going to bring anything home with her to your baby.
The problem is is that it’s the other parents visit you’re talking about. That’s not your decision to make… it’s dads visit…if he’s not concerned and wants to exercise said visit then yes send her. Idk if there’s any paperwork establishing custody or not so this is just my opinion. Consult an attorney because if I were the dad in this case, I’d be pissed… no pandemic or little sickness or anyOne would keep me from my own kids period.
If you do use the pandemic to keep him from his visit…then it might bite you in the ass later when he can do the same thing…tornado season or hurricane whatever that might be “unsafe” in your neighborhood, would mean he can keep her from you. That shit ain’t right.
Food for thought.

5 Likes

Hey lady! This is your choice to make! Don’t ask on the internet, you will only get what you don’t want to hear!

4 Likes

So what is the problem with he gul f that man an keep ur child home he mad with this virus spreading hell no

How would you feel if the situation was reversed? Thats the only question you need to ask yourself. Would you want to miss out on time with your child? If you take precautions you’re fine. You said school hoildays…does this imply she goes to in person school? If so going to her fathers is no riskier then sending her to an in person school.

6 Likes

Covid can not effect parenting time. She has the right to see her Dad and he has the right to see her. My husband’s children live four hours away and we make the drive every other weekend, have them for all their breaks and summers. Let her go spend time with her Dad!

I have a baby at home too, no excuse. Covid isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. It’s not fair to keep them apart.

7 Likes

Unless someone in his household actually has COVID-19, you really don’t have any say. Visitation schedule is important to keep and here in the United States, you would be held in contempt of court if you didn’t allow her to be there without due cause and agreement from her father.

2 Likes

She might get tied up in the quarantine travels from one country to the next

I don’t give a dam if it affects parenting time. If you want to protect yourself and your children don’t send her!

6 Likes

People like this make me angry. It’s not her say to assume it’s not safe. Let your kid go ffs

6 Likes

I hope all these mothers are fined for contempt! A daily rate for everyday they kept the kid.

3 Likes

Bunch of noisy no it alls, at least this woman cares for her children, she didn’t just say no it definitely wasn’t happening, she didn’t say she was keeping her away from him, she’s asking for opinions and help cause she is CONCERNED!!! FOR HER CHILDREN!! STOP BASHING!! Like were none of you taught if you have nothing nice to say don’t say anything at all. Or are you all a bunch of entitled no it all millennials. This is actually happening to MANY MANY families right now. And as if the parents and kids aren’t struggling enough all these mean comments are truly NOT NEEDED!!!

13 Likes

When Melbourne was in lockdown it was stated that restrictions didn’t interfere with custody arrangements, And that Covid was not a valid reason to withhold a child, So if you have orders, Follow them, If you don’t, Then I guess it’s up to you, But it could very well backfire later on. Its definitely a worry, But what isn’t these days?

2 Likes

Don’t be selfish and let the kid see her dad

2 Likes

Yeah this has sucky all over it. Everyone will tell you your in the wrong no matter what you choose. You as a mom do what you feel is best for your daughter. It sucks to not see her dad but the quarantine time w travel is not something a kid should go through and God forbid that the worst does happen. Covid is serious. But if it’s going to break your child to not see her dad then you should probably let her go. But make sure you know if there is quarantine for a 6 year old traveling.

I’d still let her go girl. Especially if there is an order. Do you go to the store? Out and about? There’s no difference. At this point I’m not scared to catch anything, I’m more of scared of giving it to my momma who can’t have it but she doesn’t live with me, and I can’t go around living my life in fear.

1 Like

For godsake. Just talk to the kid’s father and work out something safe and right for the child. These are more uncertain times, and the best thing for all of you needs to be what is considered. Other people’s opinions shouldn’t be part of your conversation.

3 Likes

Follow the custody agreement! Unless someone actively has covid then the lost time needs to be made up at a later date.

4 Likes

Would this still be a question if y’all were together? And you were ina different state for a holiday ?

Nope. You have an entire home with other kids to think about. They have public jobs and are around way to many people to stay safe. Keep her home but explain to her. If he cant be reasonable about that, then you cant be sure hes cleaning or staying protected.

2 Likes

Honestly I find this to be a reasonable compromise. You aren’t just thinking about yourself. Its about the safety of your kiddos. And I respect that.

3 Likes

I’d say do what you feel is best and safe. I kept my kids home for the first few months here in the US. Mainly talking about my eldest not going to his fathers while he and his gf worked publicly and her kids being in public school. I homeschool. Then again we have no court or custody crap so it’s always what works best for us both. My son lives with me full time and his father only gets him a few times a year. But I always do and say what I feel is best all around.

If he does the right thing she will be fine. Unless he lives in the north shores or south shores she will be fine.

I wouldn’t send my kids periodddd people are dying cause of covid young aged and old aged just not worth the stress he needs to realize that your the Mom you make the rules point blank

I wouldn’t keep her from him unless it’s what you all decide to do with covid. I’d insist on masks since she doesn’t live there, and then mask up and social distance, especially from baby, when she returns. It’s unfair, but covid will be around a long time. She can’t be kept from dad so your family has to adapt to the new normal.

Although Covid is very scary your ex deserves his parenting time with the child anc child deserves that time with the parent. We don’t know if or when Covid is ever going to end and deny another parent access it’s just not only unfair but likely against a custody order I would send the child and just ask everybody to be safe and hope for the best I wouldn’t want someone keeping my child from me because of the virus that none of us can control

No because you are just being careful with your child health so he needs to get over it until this virus is over with so good mom

Legally u can’t do this. If there is a custody agreement in place you can be held legally accountable for this and that’s not a good thing.

Many airlines don’t even fly right now. But I would discuss it with the child’s father. It’s your decision. If your worried keep her at home. Maybe safe her life.

No it is not unreasonable to keep her safe!!! If he wants to talk to her let them video call each other and talk over the phone! I kept my baby in the house and away from EVERYONE when we were declared that it was Pandamic virus. We didn’t see anyone for at least 4/5 months. Not even my mother got to visit me or my baby and she lives literally two streets away from me!
Keep your child with you until your momma-heart feels better. You are responsible for her health and I would do anything to keep my baby safe❤️

I don’t think this is about covid at all. It would be more concerning if you had elderly living with you…kids are the least impacted by covid. I think it is selfish and unreasonable. Let her see her father.

1 Like

This is my opinion, the US already said that covid isn’t a valid reason to stop visitation, so if you are worried about covid enough to take away your child’s time with her/his father then let the father have the child until you feel it is safe enough for her to come back.

Moms don’t trump dad, your opinion isn’t more valid than his. Dad’s are just as abled to keep their babies safe.

1 Like

No its not right. You shouldn’t keep them away unless they are doing bad things.

Ummm don’t be a piece of shit, your custody arrangement doesn’t change

2 Likes

I’m gonna have to say I agree with your daughters dad. If no one in the house is sick she should be fine.

1 Like

Just following to see if anyones young children have/has actually ended up positive for Covid . :thinking:

She stated she has a 9 month old daughter to think about as well. My husband & I tested positive but our children seemed fine after two weeks of us feeling better my youngest started running a fever off and on for 3/ 4 days. She’s 10 months & it was hands down an experience I dont wish to repeat. I was terrified I’d lose her,
Sooooo
unless anyone’s children have been personally affected by covid you shouldn’t just brush her concerns aside.

I don’t think it is unreasonable. My daughter stayed home this break because travel isn’t safe right now. Her dad agreed.

Now if this mom was posting about having family over for holidays would you all be telking her she’s selfish and gonna spread the virus because she had people over? If the father lives in an area with a high infection rate then the smart thin to do would be to wait til it’s a safer time video chat til then. It sucks but his daughters health should be of concern. I didn’t let my ex have my kids in Christmas because he was exposed even though he tested negative I still refused to let him have the kids. They will see him when its safer and til then they will video chat.

2 Likes

If you have a court agreement how you feel doesn’t really matter.

2 Likes

Imagine if it was the other way around, and men were keeping kids away from their mothers. I can guarantee none of these women would be defending that.

9 Likes

You have your daughter full time it appears. so how valuable is your daughters time with her father? how valuable is it to him. You do not have the right to abuse your child by preventing her form seeing her father and spending time with him. You chose to have the child with him, now be responsible to both and encourage their relationship.

Keeping a child from a parent who isn’t harmful to them is harmful to their well-being. You would not be okay with the father deciding he wasn’t returning her because of a supposed concern over covid, right? Unless you have everything delivered and never ventured out the last several months, I think this is just utilizing the pandemic to get one over on your ex. The child has a right to see her other parent, and unless there is proof the ex is blatantly disregarding covid safety then you have zero to stand on. Your child is not a pawn

taking added risks and creating more potential exposure is just the nature of the beast when it comes to co-parenting during this pandemic. it’s unfortunate. and you have every right to be worried. but you need to let her go see her dad.

Heres the thing you guys arent even thinking about if the numbers are high in sydney and she send the kid and the kid gets sick thats 14 day isolation and a negative test result before her baby gets to come back home. What if the dad doesnt have finances to support that extra time and thats why she is primary custody holder? Then what if she comes home with a false negative passes that to her 8 month old baby and now thats more costs missed work and honestly an unnecessary doctors bill. You guys are just tryin to follow the “she keepin the kid from him” bullshit to shame her! Shes got 2 kids shes gotta look out for plus herself! Knock your shits off like half of you aint withheld the kid for way less of a reason. I think you should talk to a medical profession from sydney and see for yourself how unsafe it is and take those results to her dad and have a mature discussion about whats best for your families <3 I hope ya get it figured out hun but dont let these mfs shame you they dont know you. :100:

6 Likes

Check with a lawyer, cover yourself

Absolutely not. And idk how your laws work but here in Texas you would be held in contempt of court for violating your custody agreement. He has just as much right to her as you. I have a high risk toddler and also live in a Texas hot spot…every single time I send my boy with his dad…I worry. Here in Texas, when all of the lockdowns began…the Attorney General sent out an announcement that ANY parent withholding a child due to lockdowns, Etc…would have to answer to the family court. With that being said…

My ex husband and I have attorneys still involved with our custody…earlier when all of this began he wanted to take our toddler son out of town(on vacation) to a very HOT spot. I threw a massive fit and had my attorney express my concerns that I wouldn’t allow him to be taken on vacation like that during a pandemic. So he wasn’t taken. But again, our son is high risk with Asthma and a blood disorder. Then in November, he tried to take him to a wedding across the US, to literally the HOTTEST covid county in Florida. With the opinion and recommendation(saying no way to flying)of our sons hematologist, I again said absolutely not and he was not taken.

So her simply going to her dads doesn’t warrant withholding visitation. Unless he’s trying to fly with her or intentionally put her in a compromising situation(like my ex was)…then you have no right to keep her home.

It’s the covid. His partner being a cop should know better. Or does she think the covid wont touch her cos of her job. Lol. Leave baby home, that covid is real shit, and Aussie is bad with it.

Do what you feel is safe for you and your family… Half these people commenting don’t even wear their masks or care about the law…:100::muscle:t3: I said what I said and nobody opinion will be cared about.:kissing_heart:

Send her. As far as your 9mth old just take the proper cautions and sanitized and wash and just keep her out of her face as well as you can. As soon as she come off the plain go have her tested with a rapid test. Then just follow the precautions as normal. We must start living our lives again. Stop being afraid.

Id its 1 week I dont see the issue you need to remind him that you have a baby at home as well, if he knows he work in a high covid area he should understand and if he wants to blow it up ask him if he’s will to risk any of you getting it. If it gets farther judges are still doing zoom calls for this type of stuff

How would you like it if he did not return child home for same reasons??? Let the child bond with the father!!

You do what yalls court order says. Unless the judge says differently. You should request that she remains inside as much as possible and follow all the guidelines.