Would you allow your kids to go to a Halloween themed birthday party?

My daughter wants a Halloween birthday party. To be more specific, she wants a red and black vampire birthday party. We just moved here 2 weeks ago and she just started at her new school last week. Now my question is… would you allow your kids to go to a Halloween birthday party in March? Is a vampire theme too scary for 5/6 year olds? I think I’m putting too much thought into it. I just want to make sure her classmates from school actually come

21 Likes

Definitely! My spooky boy had a Halloween birthday party for his first :black_heart:

We did my daughter (November) and son (October) birthday party together one year and did it as a Halloween theme, all the kids loved dressing up

Omg yes! Halloween is my fave holiday. I would be stoked to celebrate it in March :joy:

1 Like

Absolutely! My son has always been into Halloween/spooky…now 20, still loves it

Heck yeah!! My daughter LOVES Halloween!! :jack_o_lantern: She would have it every single day if she could. She would be SO excited to go :smiling_face:

I would! We love Halloween and for any kid who gets easily scared there are cute/nice vampires like vampirina and hotel Transylvania!

Sounds super fun. Invite people and if they choose not to allow their kids to go that’s on them. Respect their decision but don’t let ruin your fun plans. Never know could be your child’s favorite birthday party.

7 Likes

Heck ya! A little girl at my daughter’s school did this and it was a blast! Kids loved dressing up on a day that wasn’t Halloween

When my daughter turned 6 we did this. It was at Monster Mini golf. We did a monster high theme and I got all sorts of Halloween goodies. Her birthday is in March.

1 Like

I think that’s an awesome idea! My kids love Halloween so they would most def love this idea! My kids range from 2-17 and they would all love it lol

1 Like

Yes! The kids can dress up too how fun!

1 Like

Heck, I want to come lol. Why not? If parents are ok with their kids going to a Halloween party in October, then they should be fine with it in March. I say go for it and have a great time. We want pics :two_hearts::two_hearts:

4 Likes

Yeah I would but at that age I would stay. Could be so much fun for her and a great way to bond with her new friends

3 Likes

Hell yeah let’s go where u live :joy: my kid would love love this

1 Like

Do it! Mine would love it! But they also love horror… we saw IT chapter 2 in theaters for my youngest 6th birthday, her request, she was even able to spot Stephen Kings cameo…:woman_shrugging: If they don’t want to come then oh well, it’s still what your child wants and that’s all that really matters. No shame either, we all parent different and our kids will like things others don’t.

My 5 year old had a nightmare before Christmas party :laughing: it was fun I would totally take her

Yep. If that’s what she wants, then go with it. No harm.

I think this could be so fun but I absolutely love Halloween :jack_o_lantern: do a maze, Bob for apples, roast marshmallows and have smores, do a little Halloween treasure hunt, do some back yard trick or treating or even cute kid vampire backyard movie? My son loves the movie “The Littlest Vampire.”

Absolutely! It’ll be fun!

Unless it’s some weird religious thing (either for or against) have fun! Why not? It might be a little tough to find good decorations this time of year but enjoy!

We did a venom birthday for my son when he was 5. Everyone liked it

1 Like

My son just turned 4 and asked for a chucky party. We did it and his friends loved it

1 Like

My 6 year old daughter would love it lol. I wouldn’t have an issue.

My daughter has been having Halloween birthday parties for years. We started when she was about 6 and she has done one every year since. She has friends from school that come to it and we do it like a trunk or treat style and when they where younger we did more corny halloween games, and decorations. This past year we got a projector and did Scobby doo movies and popcorn bar. (She was 9 so we didn’t want anything too scary) and it was a hit. Alot of her friends look forward to it every year.

No I would not . I think fun characters would be fine but something like that would be too scary for that age

5 Likes

It’s like Christmas in July.

I would definitely recommend something like vampirina for kids that young but a Halloween themed birthday party…absolutely kids would love that. Sounds like so much fun.

Nope. My kids dream to vividly…They’re imaginations are wild.

3 Likes

Let them be kids! I’d let my kiddos.

For my son’s 6th we did Haunted mansion theme

no a vampire theme is not to scary for 5-6 years old. Those who say it is are full of crap! Do you know how many 5-6 year old like vampires and dress as vampires for Halloween? Lol. Just make it like a kid friendly vampire theme and not like a “horror” vampire theme.

2 Likes

I Don’t think that would be good at all for children That young!

1 Like

I wouldn’t allow my daughter to go, but she has nightmares over stupid things.

Absolutely, my kids have always loved spooky things. We’re having a fnaf themed party for my oldest this afternoon.

3 Likes

My 4 year old had a purple and black themed wednesday adams,birthday party, all the guest loved it, she had a blast.

Absolutely! My daughter would love it lol she’s so into anything “creepy” right now!

I love Halloween so that sounds awesome to me! My daughter has always liked spooky things too, so yes we would definitely go.

1 Like

My kid would love it and I would definitely allow her to go and dress up

Likely over thinking it. Don’t call it a “Halloween” party call it a dress up/costume party, Costumes encouraged and let your daughter dress as the vampire. Everyone else can dress as they please.

Absofknloutly, I’m also a crazy halloween person tho :rofl:

1 Like

Oh absolutely! My son has always loved scary or spooky things. I think with his bday on Halloween that explains a few things :rofl:

I absolutely sure would. How fun would that be! And it gives kids an extra use out of a halloween costume they might still have laying around. Maybe make sure on the invitation that they can dress up or not dress up (so that doesn’t deter people from coming if they don’t want to dress up)

1 Like

My daughter would love that type of party

My January daughter just had a Wednesday themed birthday for her 7th. Let them be spooky !

Make it like Monster Highish cartoony , you could have a candy table where the children could trick or treat. It would be fun to decorate. I am Grandmothet and love it🥰

Yes, yes, yes!! How fun!!

Hell yeah annnnnd we’d dress up. Me & my girls love ALL things Halloween :jack_o_lantern: :heart:

Maybe just call it a costume party then they can dress however they want

What about a monster high school party theme

Maybe make it a spooky party instead so that people who get offended by Halloween will feel included. We did a Scooby Doo one which had a ghost cake and lots of Halloween decorations but it meant kids could dress up as one of the gang rather than a monster or vampire if they wanted instead.

I had a Halloween birthday party for my son last year! 2 days before Halloween… however, he was turning 11 & in 5th grade… but, I will say, a lot of kids showed up!! It was a complete success! We had games & prizes, spooky themed snacks & drinks, Halloween decorations & LOTS of glow in the dark accessories. Everyone was encouraged to wear their costumes, & they did & we all had a blast!! Also, his younger brother was 8 at the time & in 3rd grade & some of his classmates came as well! I met parents & invited them in if they wanted to scope the scene lol to make themselves more comfortable with leaving their child! I would totally let my kids go, just as long as I could meet the parents & such. I hope you guys are able to make it happen! :grin:

Maybe have some extra costumes or make some for them

Yes you’re overthinking :rofl:

Invite people from outside of school! Anyone that yall know! I’ve found that no matter how fancy or fun or anything the party is that very very few will bring their child! We stopped inviting kids from school bc it was such a heartbreak to the kids for them not to have anyone show up. I hope your baby has a great birthday whatever yall decide :heart:

You’re putting to much thought into this

Sounds fun I would order little capes and the fake teeth😁. Have fun snacks Pinterest has lot of ideas.

vampires dont have to be scarry. and it doens matter what the theme is. no one ever shows up at bday partys anymore. my kiddos beem invoded. to alot and there one of the few that really only show up…sadly covid ruined parties for kids. imo