Would you be mad about this?

Tell me if y’all would be mad about this. I didn’t feel like cooking and told my husband I wanted seafood but most of what I saw was really expensive so he said he would go to the Mexican restaurant and order food there. He asked if I wanted a chimichanga and I said that’s ok. When he got home he had ordered himself fish and shrimp but got me the chicken chimichanga… I feel like overreacting but I was literally telling him that I wanted fish or shrimp and he orders that for himself but not for me.

51 Likes

He asked. You said it was fine.
I wouldn’t be mad when I agreed to chicken lol. Be honest next time.

28 Likes

If you wanted seafood why did you say chicken was OK?

2 Likes

It sounds like lack of communication. Next time be specific and tell him exactly what to get you or order it yourself.

1 Like

Why didn’t you tell him what you wanted? If my partner is going to X I usually look at the menu and then text him what I want.

2 Likes

Take this as a lesson learned. If you said yes to chimichangas, why would he order you fish and shrimp? If that’s what you really wanted, you should’ve said something.

7 Likes

At least you got food, bu when he asked you if your chicken was fine to order why didn’t you just say you wanted fish
Communication!!!

Yeah… Somebody needs to learn to listen to their wife. It’s not hard buddy.

11 Likes

I’d be mad too… if he got himself that he should have gotten you the same you just mentioned you wanted sea food. They don’t get it… you need to.be specific.

Yeah ild be pissed lol…Men can be so dah😂

You said chicken was fine… what’s the issue

6 Likes

Closed mouths don’t get fed :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

I’m really just confused as to why you didn’t tell him ‘no chimichanga but I’ll take fish and shrimp’? Like it would’ve been so much easier. Maybe he thought you wouldn’t have wanted seafood from a Mexican restaurant, so you shouldn’t made your point clear. There’s a million other things in life to worry about, don’t make this one of them…

11 Likes

You’re upset he got what you said to get?

4 Likes

Why did he ask u if chimi was ok if shrimp was a option? Is that what u usually get when u go there? Im leaning more towards the fact that u said chimichinga was ok so that’s on u, unless theres more to the situation that wasnt added

1 Like

I would of grabbed the seafood, and said thanks just what I wanted, and ate it!!! Yea I’m that b****!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Well honestly men don’t listen. So if you said yes to the chimichchanga it’s partly your own fault because you could of said actually I want seafood. If you didn’t want a chimichchanga you should of said so.

15 Likes

He doesn’t like you. That is what men who literally don’t like us do. It’s on purpose. I bet if you pay attention, you’ll see this behavior in a million little ways.

6 Likes

Did you know seafood was on the menu at this place? I completely get why you’d be upset if you didn’t know seafood was an option and he knew you wanted it. I’d have called you and asked if you wanted that instead if I’d heard you saying you wanted it earlier.

6 Likes

If this is your biggest issue to complain about you have life easy.

Chill out. Or ordwr your own damn food

14 Likes

Then why did you agree to the chimi?

Oh sweet Jesus really ? U said chicken was fine what does it really matter anyway u ate right ? B GRATEFUL moving on…

5 Likes

I am going through something similar with my fiance. I need to learn to advocate for myself a lot better especially when angry. But I see how your upset you were trying to save $ because what you wanted cost more. I would next time something like that comes up need to more intune with your wants. Men are not mind reader.

Take his meal and he can have yours lol

10 Likes

#1 communication
#2 listening to partners needs!

Make sure you are communicating with him this could have been completely different if you would have talk about maybe something like “what are you getting maybe we can get different things and share or oh great actually get me the same as you”

Looks like he is not Listening to you or he just doesn’t care. This little things might seem like nothing but either you guys get together and talk things out so your marriage can go the right way and last forever

I probably woulda been a little perturbed at first, but then I would have laughed and said well you did get what I told you to

You should.have communicated what you wanted then

Could have just split the chicken and shrimp between you guys :woman_shrugging: then you could have had a little of each.

5 Likes

I’d say “Um you are gonna share right? Because you ordered what I said I wanted soooo.” If he didn’t want to share he should’ve gotten you your own lol

2 Likes

You should have said what you wanted, he asked you and you didn’t speak up… you didn’t feel like cooking and we went and got you dinner, I think you should just appreciate that.

1 Like

Eat the chimichanga today quietly , without complaining and 2morrow send him again for take out and order the seafood you want no matter what costs. Men doesn’t think…. He probably didn’t want to hurt you….Dont you ever settle for less because of the price of food! Food is basic need! You can be saving on other stuff. You deserve to eat( at least) Enjoy your seafood tomorrow!!

I’d be pissed too. I’m a foodie and get hungry like that

I would’ve gotten the seafood personally. But at the Mexican restaurant when he asked you should’ve said I’d prefer anything seafood but if not I’ll take the chimichanga. Then it would be all clear no miscommunication

Should have stated you wanted the fish or shrimp

I mean I kinda get it. You were telling your husband you wanted seafood. You agreed to the chimichanga probably because you thought that was your only option. He goes to the restaurant and gets exactly what you wanted and doesn’t think “hey maybe I should call and ask if she’d rather have this too”. While it’s kinda annoying like hey man why didn’t you think of that? Men (in my experience at least) don’t think like we women do. While I would’ve remembered what you said and called you, or searched the whole world to find you your seafood…men are simple they
are like oh she said she wanted the chimichanga and completely forget about the conversation before that. :face_exhaling: Next time maybe say, “I am fine with the chimichanga, but if you do happen to see any seafood options can you please call me”. Men need lots of options, details, and explaining. Maybe even a text reminder. :joy:
We as women wish men thought like us. That’s why we get accused of wanting someone to read our minds. No, we just want someone to remember the little details about us like we do for them.

1 Like

Most restaurants have online menus. Personally, I would have pulled up the online menu and told him exactly what I wanted. Better luck next time. :woman_shrugging:t2:

11 Likes

Yeah I would be a little upset… Y’all only agreed to the Mexican food cause the seafood was too expensive… Then he goes and gets that got you… But the seafood for himself???

1 Like

Wanting seafood from a seafood place is far different than seafood at a Mexican place to me anyway.

3 Likes

I mean he wanted to spend on him but not on you. Yeah, I’d be so petty. :joy:

Idk about anyone else but I tend to have ‘default’ orders at places we go to a lot.
My husband knows my default orders, so he’ll say ‘do you want…?’
If I don’t really want my default it’s my responsibility to say ‘no’ and then tell him what I do what.
You wanted fish or shrimp, but you were looking at those from places other than the Mexican restaurant.
Which were pricier than the local Mexican restaurant.
So he offered to get Mexican which has seafood dishes.
You said that was ok…but didn’t go on to say ‘i want xyz’ seafood dish
It sounds like your default at this Mexican place is chicken chimichangas.
so when you didn’t tell him a dish with seafood…he asked if you wanted your default.
You had the opportunity to say no and tell him what you really wanted but…you didn’t.
He isn’t a mind reader…and it’s not fair to expect him to be.

If I tell my husband something is fine when it isn’t really the only person I have a right to be upset with is me.

1 Like

:heart: communication goes along way. Why agree to a chicken chimichanga? You could have said anything with seafood. He literally brought you what you agreed to. Next time go yourself or tell him exactly what to get. If you would have said shrimp and fish you would have gotten that lol :laughing:

31 Likes

He asked if you wanted something you agreed to what he said.

Communication is key.
You’re a big girl you could of told him what you wanted

Use your words next time.

3 Likes

U agreed to what he got you…

This would annoy the hell!! :rage:Out of me . And I let go heaps…but this is where I maybe petty . But It’s Not fair … As far as I’m concerned you’re definitely not overreacting… I would buy seafood the next day for myself… …

2 Likes

Haven’t you learned that in life you need to be specific.you’re assuming he’s a mind reader

1 Like

I have never thought of ordering fish from a Mexican restaurant and wondering if most Mexican restaurants even have fish??
Whenever he arrived at the Mexican restaurant and was looking at the menu and realized they have fish and shrimp there, I would think he might have called you and said hey, they have fish and shrimp here, so would you like that instead??….:woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Say what you want, and don’t back down on it

Next time cook at home; problem solved. Or you go pick up food.

I don’t think yall are understanding what she’s saying… she asked for seafood, he said it was to expensive and asked if chicken was okay so she said it’s fine thinking that seafood was too expensive then he comes back with seafood for himself after she just asked for it and it was to expensive.

4 Likes

He did that out of spite. Id be livid.

Seriously he asked you said . I change my mind all the time so if I said I wanted the chimichangas then that’s what he better get me . Say what you mean next time.

5 Likes

Most Mexican restaurants have a seafood dish. I read it 2x & you don’t say you asked what they had. You didn’t look at the menu for yourself?
I mean, you can be mad but what’s that gonna do?
You could’ve looked or spoken up.
I’m not holding a grudge over good. You can simply tell him, “Thank you for this but you knew I was wanting seafood.” Maybe he forgot. Men don’t always process and retain. If that’s the case, ok. Address that. Always address the underlying issue, not the surface problem it causes.

The seafood she was looking at was too expensive, so he went to the Mexican restaurant INSTEAD. She wasn’t looking at the seafood at the Mexican restaurant and a Chimichanga is probably what she usually gets from there. I don’t think he was wrong for this at all. If you wanted their seafood plate you should have spoke up.

4 Likes

My ex narc used to do that kind of stuff to me smh

Pick your battles u didn’t feel like cooking he st least went n got food

Did yall miss the part where they decided the fish she wanted was “expensive” so he decided they should get Mexican instead… she agreed to that because fish was off the table… so he then turned around and spent the extra money on himself to have fish?! Yall really think that’s fine?

49 Likes

I would of grabbed the fish and given him the chicken

Why didn’t you tell him you wanted fish & shrimp? Seems obvious.

You had every opportunity to tell him you wanted shrimp fajitas or fish tacos. Or whatever else.

He asked if you wanted a chimichanga and you said yes.

You could have said no.

I’m sorry, but next time don’t tell him the chimichanga was fine.

Yes I’d be mad. My EX husband when I had severe tonsillitis ( he never offered to make me any or buy me any food) sat on the end of my bed eating HIS Chinese food.

3 Likes

Omg. Talk to your husband, not Facebook. We don’t know him or you. It doesn’t matter what we think, it’s your marriage.

Be mad at yourself, if anyone. He got you food. Period.

I know if it was me I would be so pissed off , ugh!!!

Just trade for his food instead :joy:

Be careful what you wish for and then settle for? You answered affirmative to the chimichanga, when you should have said “I would really like some shrimp, please and thank you.” Don’t blame him…:woman_shrugging:

Why would you say yes to what you didn’t want? I get the actual seafood places are too expensive but if you knew that the Mexican place had fish why wouldn’t you tell him you wanted that?

1 Like

When he asked if you wanted a chimichanga, you should have said, “No, I really want seafood.” Also, you could have looked at the online menu for the Mexican restaurant and figured out exactly what you wanted. It sounds like you were being difficult (hey, I’ve been there, especially when hungry) and he was just doing his best…let it go, and try to have better communication next time.

Oh yeah! Selfish, for sure!

He literally asked you if a chimichanga was ok, and YOU SAID YES! You’re a full grown ass woman, you very easily could’ve said, no I want shrimp fajitas, or whatever tf it was you wanted. Be an adult and communicate with your husband, you’re acting like a literal child, and your husband has every right to be disgusted and pissed off about your tantrum.

In what world would you not steal his order and say thank you so much you came through for me after all

This feels incomplete. Some bits are missing. Wondering if this is what went down: you wanted seafood, it was too expensive so you said you didn’t want it. Hubby offered to go to Mexican restaurant to order for you instead and asked if you want a chimichanga. You said okay. He ordered seafood because he wanted it.

When the seafood was too expensive - who said it was too expensive, outloud? Did anyone? How did it come about that you didn’t order it.

If you internally decided it was too expensive but didn’t communicate that outloud, perhaps hubby wasn’t clear why you didn’t want seafood after all. When he offered to go to a Mexican restaurant - is that somewhere you like normally? If it’s a favorite or someone that is a regular spot was he trying to give you an option.

Or is hubby an ass and you specifically said seafood is too expensive let’s eat somewhere else and he suggested Mexican but proceeded to order himself seafood and then went and got you a chimichanga? So many variations of what might have happened.

I understand why you are upset-you told him you wanted seafood and you got a chicken chimi; however men are not mind readers and will get you exactly what you ask for. He asked if you wanted a chimi, you said that’s okay. So he got you a Chimi and because you okay’d it, you don’t get to take it back. You weren’t really specific in what you wanted so when he asked, “Do you want a chimi?” That was your opportunity to say, “No, I think I’d like the shrimp burrito.” “No, I think I’d rather have the fish tacos.” “I’ll have a chimi if they have a shrimp option.” You can’t tell him one thing and then be upset that he did the thing you told him was okay, it doesn’t work that way. I am sorry.

That just confirms he wasn’t listening to your request for seafood!! Oh boy honey I’d be so pissed off that I’d make him give me his food and let him eat the chicken chimmichsnga!! I’m telling you as we both get older it seems he just doesn’t listen to me the way he used to. So next time when you’re cooking dinner and he says " what’s for dinner"? Tell him “it’s seafood, sea the food?? It’s for me not you”!!!

:woman_facepalming:t2: he literally asked you if you wanted a chimichanga and you said yes! Why did you say yes? You should have said again you wanted seafood. Maybe he forgot that’s what you said.

Absolutely i would be mad. Especially since he said seafood was too expensive. Everyone is saying “communication is key” blah blah blah no eff that he chose to keep that shit from you on purpose. What were you supposed to do?? You DID communicate to the dude and even compromised with him and he went and picked seafood for himself. You definitely have the right to be upset.