Would you be upset if your husband forgot your birthday?

Communicate with him? Why are you sitting there all mad and hurt feelings and your man completely unaware? People forget sometimes. Sit down calmly and tell him… “you forgot my birthday and it hurt my feelings”… I can’t understand why couples can’t just talk about their feelings rather than sitting with them waiting for their partner to figure it out on their own or read their minds. It’s likely an honest mistake. But he should be made aware

3 Likes

It’s best communicate in any relationship, it takes the guesswork out of everything! If there is an occasion that you want to celebrate you need to spell it out and make it clear what you expect! Everyone knows my birthday, now my grown kids even make a big deal too! We even do countdowns and make plans ahead of time to make it easier! Which really works in my favor because I get to celebrate more than once!

My Husband only forgot one’s, He never did it again ha,ha, we been married nearly 46 years, But sadly to say he has got Dememtra, he can’t remember what year we are in, let alone what month we are in, he’s forgotten my Birthday the past 2 years now, So I will forgive him for it now.

4 Likes

Well I had the same problem so I put my birthday in my hubbys phone so he could remember been there already happen to me and I felt the same way. However you have to tell him and then program that shit in his phone

Don’t bother me.just another day,and day older

Me and my husband have the same birthday so thankfully he can never forget mine!

I tell mine a few weeks before
And what I want
It’s easier for me to accept he is forgetful and tell him what I want and need
It’s better than feeling like this on your Bday

1 Like

It sucks, I get it. However, men aren’t like women and keep dates in their head. They’re horrible at it. I’m almost certain they do good to remember where they’re going half of the time. Lol

1 Like

Unacceptable do the same to him and forget his birthday

3 Likes

Most men do not remember these things. To avoid being disappointed you need to remind them 2 weeks ahead of time. It’s okay you have to remind them.

1 Like

Ouch. Not getting your anything is whatever. But not even acknowledging is rough.

2 Likes

My husband forgot mine this year. His brothers is the day after mine. Considering the circumstances I didn’t say anything this year. His dad passed away and the funeral was on my birthday. After the rest of his family told me happy birthday his eyes got huge and said I am so sorry I will make it up to you. Well he hasn’t made it up and even forgot valentines day

All of you saying this is normal and you should remind them have some serious internal issues that need to be looked at. This isn’t normal. 23 years and he has never once forgot my birthday. We forgot our anniversary twice now. Not the actual day…we just were so busy in crept up on us and we didn’t realize it was that day already. We had a good laugh and zero hurt feelings to be had.

11 Likes

Whew I’d be on Snapped :grimacing:

6 Likes

For all you woman saying this is normal… NO IT’S NOT… we are talking about grown men here. Not children, not teens, GROWN MEN! They do not get a pass just because they’re men. They have brains & when something is important they should remember! My husband & I have been together 18 1/2 years & he’s never forgot my birthday, not even when we were just dating

25 Likes

Really I think it would depend.
Would it hurt my feelings? Yes. I’m human. But having hurt feelings and being angry aren’t the same thing.

It’s important to remember that we are ALL human. You may be excellent at remembering dates and have never forgotten any important date your life.
But I am absolutely sure there has been a time where you have forgotten something that was important to someone else.
Was it because you didn’t care? No. It was because you’re human. Maybe you had a lot going on at home or at work. Maybe you were super stressed out about something. Maybe you were just really exhausted or had a lot of other things on your mind.
What did you want from the other person when this occured? Did you want them to be angry? Or did you want them to extend some grace?

I’ll be honest…I’m TERRIBLE with dates.
I forget stuff all the time (I have ADHD). I loose track of time. I forget what day it is. I write stuff down wrong.
It’s definitely not intentional. I just almost always have so much going on in my head that it can be hard.
I know I do this so I try really hard to make sure I’ve got important dates written in multiple places.
I “forgot” my husband’s birthday a couple years back. I know his birthday is “00 month” but on “02 month”…I thought that day was “01 month” :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

He stopped and had beer and wings and an entertained himself on your birthday Yes I would be a little upset just tell him about it

2 Likes

Put a calendar up with all important dates marked. Unfortunately we’re all human and we sometimes screw up. I know I’ve been guilty of forgetting what day it might be, but it wasn’t intentional.

He is not worth my time

2 Likes

Go out and celebrate your birthday and tell him the occasion!

Not fricken normal… I feel bad for you all saying it’s normal… get real men…

9 Likes

My husband forgets important dates all the time I never hold it against him. He knows something important coming up and tries to plan for it so I just remind him what is going on around when he knows something important.

My husband forgets a lot of stuff… my bday isn’t one of them.

3 Likes

Wow

Yes I would be BEYOND hurt

To me it’s just utter disrespect… it’s not like it’s not the same date every single year

1 Like

It sucks but happens. I was with my ex for 6 years and I definitely forgot his birthday one year

Mine always did - nothing new🙄

I would be upset forsure. I would tell him how u feel, how it made you feel to cook and clean all day then he shows up with beer and wings. So not only did he forget ur birthday but he was disrespectful when he went to get some wings. Did u he know u were cooking dinner? Do u usually cook dinner? Either way I would definitely be telling him how I feel and that he hurt my feelings. See what he says n does. If he doesn’t acknowledge the mistake or care that will tell you a lot.

2 Likes

To avoid an argument and ruining next year’s birthday tell him early in morning hey today’s my birthday! Then worry about things that matter more

Some men are just clueless! Next time (tomorrow) cook for yourself, since you don’t know if he’s going to eat before he gets home.

Be hurt, but don’t be mad. My husband forgot our anniversary one year and the look on his face when he came down for breakfast and saw the card next to his plate was priceless. He passed away last month and it’s just one of many fond memories. It’s too easy to sweat the small stuff; if he’s good to you 365 days of the year, it’s just another day that he loves you.:revolving_hearts:

7 Likes

Jfc how do u guys end up with men like this?? That’s so disgusting and my heart hurts for u.

2 Likes

Might have had a hard day at work, communicate with him. Just simply mention it without telling him but in a way to remind him. Something like lord I’m definitely feeling so and so old today. Ask him how his day went and stuff make conversation. Men go through stuff to and it may have been a bad day

No men only has one thing on their mind they only think for themselves

1 Like

One year my ex forgot my birthday. That’s not the reason he’s my ex, but it factored in. The relationship I’m in now? He never forgets. Yeah, people are human and make mistakes. Overlooking significant dates when it is so damned easy to program a recurring reminder in your phone shouldn’t be one of them.

My husband have never forgotten my birthday, our anniversary, or any other important dates. My husband can’t remember any important dates, but he still somehow never misses dates.

Yes, I would be hurt. My husband goes all out year round. Everyone deserves to be celebrated.

4 Likes

Yes I would be upset too. You have been married for 5 years and I assume you have been together longer then that there is no excuse for him to forgot. Unless he has a shitty memory. My husband doesn’t have the best memory he doesn’t even always remember exactly when our anniversary (yesterday) is but he never forgets my birthday or the kids birthdays.

I would be hurt but would of said something the day of. My husband has never forgot my birthday. I’m the forgetful one but had never forgotten his birthday. I have forgotten our anniversary tho. There was a lot going on that month. I knew it was coming up just didn’t realize it was that day. He just gave me a kiss and said happy anniversary and I rushed to Wal Mart to get something.

I would be really hurt and shocked that he forgot. I would tell him and let him know and that it can’t happen again because of who you are to him.
Also he didn’t communicate that he was going to be late and that’s another issue that shows his lack of consideration.

If it was a normal work day and he worked a lot ok, however stopping for beer and wings, yeah

My husband is terrible at remembering things…and I always joke that my birthday is a different month and day periodically through the year and he “corrects” me. That was my way of getting him to remember my birthday, kids birthday and anniversary lol

At this point, I’d ask your husband if he knew today’s date…if he remembers and apologizes, forgive him. If he still doesn’t remember, then say something like “that date doesn’t sound familiar?” Not in a mean tone…just a kinda questioning tone.

I’m sorry he forgot, and that’s upsetting but unless this is the only time he forgot…be gentle. If he’s habitual at forgetting your birthday, why are you surprised?

Yes, everyone wants a partner that remembers but sometimes you just have to give them hints in the week or 2 before. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

This is NOT a relationship I’d stay in. Obvi, you don’t mean shit to him. I am really sorry this happened to you. I hope you leave him.

NO HE KNOWS IT’S A MONTH AFTER HIS
BUT FORGET
IT not important, once in while we do We have been together for 50 years
never celebrated our Anniversary once This year on our 50th Our kids did a huge celebration for us with friends and family and we had fun
MY family gather together whenever we can and that’s what we remember

Its your birthday… plan it and then do your plans… that way you won’t have expectations… people generally want to make you happy but don’t wanna dissappoint you either… so just plan your birthday and it causes less stress all around.

1 Like

Some people are horrible at dates. Remind him a week before with an ad for a gift you would like. Or just tell him he can cook for your birthday. Or take you out.

1 Like

My husband sucks at dates. It happens. But we love each other year round.

1 Like

Ask him if he and his buds sang happy Birthday to you.

My husband forgets my birthday, our kid’s birthdays, anniversary etc. almost every year for 42 years :grin: it used to really hurt my feelings but now I just forget his birthday too ! I just buy myself something nice on those days

1 Like

I would straight up be pissed off

1 Like

I can’t get mad! Hell, I forgot out 15yr anniversary!!

My husband birthday 7 days before mine so hard for him to forget :joy:

My hubby forgets mine every year so I start singing happy Birthday to me but this year he remembered and I got a Guess watch for my birthday.

Smh. Wake up. Shouldn’t have to remind him.
And for him to not come home on your day was a spit in your face. He dont care. Most likely he’s cheating g on you

2 Likes

Yes I would be I had a ex who forgot mine years ago and I was very upset. I my hubby’s been pretty good about remembering mine he very forgetful about everything.

I’ve been married for 42 years and as yet has my husband remembered my birthday. He thinks of it several days late or. Sees a card I have received from someone then thinks of it. He doesn’t rember Anniversary or valentines day. So get use to it. He’s a man

1 Like

Communication. Say something.

It’s a man thing I Understand why your feelings are hurt but I’m sure you didn’t do it to be mean or careless just remind him and make sure he makes it up to you if he doesn’t then I would be mad.

I would first ask myself what may be going on in his life at the moment. Being married we get busy, we forget things and dates. Once we both forgot our anniversary and FB reminded me at 7 PM. Perhaps he has something stressing him at the moment that you didn’t realize. In my marriage I don’t have expectations for my husband so I don’t get upset with him, he surprises me in many ways and it’s always unexpected. In my situation my husband is a great man, who I admire for his many attributes, him forgetting a birthday is not something I would be upset about.

Everybody forgets mine too don’t feel bad

I would be annoyed he acted like that even if it wasn’t my birthday lol

2 Likes

People just forget. One year I told my mother my cousin her niece sent me flowers at work. My mother said why? I saw mother it’s my birthday. I’m sorry it happened. Move on past it. It’s not worth an argument. Happy birthday :birthday:

2 Likes

I feel for all who say" get used to it he’s a man". You’re obviously not getting the amount love you deserve. My man forgets things like telling me the wager company is coming out but I’ll be totally damned if it was birthday. Men who really love and care don’t forget birthdays ir anniversary or even valentines day. People at their job talk about valentines so if they “forget” there’s a reason.

I got an affair for my birthday 🤦🏼‍♀didnt know it at the time

1 Like

Oh mine has and our anniversary a few times. Been together for 21 years and married 20.

So we are just gonna act like he can’t even say happy birthday “because he’s a man” :neutral_face: definitely not a excuse to not even speak happy birthday to your significant other.

Anyways go tell your husband how much these things mean to you and how hurt you were he didn’t even say happy birthday nor get a simple card. Always communicate your feelings and don’t ever feel guilty for wanting your partner to put in a effort for small things.

14 Likes

I really don’t mind if he forgets. But I understand everyone is different. I would cut him a little slack. He might be the kinda man that needs reminding.

2 Likes

I’m sure someone else acknowledged your birthday. I’d be an asshole and point it out… “look what insert name got me for my birthday”.

Danggg…it wouldn’t be good…hope he doesn’t plan on ANYTHING for his

2 Likes

I have been married 12 years together 13… and my husband hates my birthday… (never even celebrated it as a kid my siblings were more important) so I don’t really expect anything!

4 Likes

If you are upset, then talk to him. Tell him how you feel and that you would like some more acknowledgment and appreciation. You will know if he cares if he repeats this same action on your next birthday or he continues to disregard you as his wife, partner and someone who is taking care of the homefront so that he can do what he needs to do.

I’d be fuming not gonna lie. Especially after 5 years!

2 Likes

You need to remind him. I’ve been with my husband 39 years and he forgets dates. He has a busy work schedule and doesn’t multitask well. I know his weaknesses and love him anyways

He’s beginning to tier of you.but only together for 5yrs that’s not long together it’s still early days.dress up put makeup on and tell him your going to paint the town red,it’s your birthday and your going out to celebrate it :confetti_ball::champagne: oh be sure to blow him a kiss​:kissing_heart::birthday::cocktail:

2 Likes

yes. i’m so sorry. Happy Birthday :confetti_ball:

Men are stupid but it’s still no excuse. Say something or continue to drive yourself crazy over it.

5 Likes

my husband never remembered he thought it was in June lol and its November

Oh hell no I’d be so hurt…

Next year, or next holiday plan with him what you will do. He will have no excuse. Remind him by calling him on the day to check if he can get . .

He isn’t a mind reader, make sure he is involved.

Talk, talk, talk about it. Over, over, and over. Don’t let him forget.

If he has to work, ok. Switch dates.

Lol my bf forgets to I have to remind him all the time. I would of just said thanks happy birthday to me and left to go get my own gift.

2 Likes

Remind him. I forget my own birthday half the time. Happy birthday sweetie

I’d be upset and I’m petty so I’d do him the same way on his birthday…but then again ours are two days apart…but I still believe I’d be like that either way.

I’m sure it was an accident

I guess I’m different- I think we give men a lot of slack or excuses to forgot. They remember sporting events, playoff schedules, whatever hobbies they have they remember. In my opinion, your birthday should be something he remembers and shouldn’t need a reminder for because it 1) matters to you and 2) your his wife. I’d have a conversation with him definitely. Explain your feelings and expectations. If he wants to see you happy, cares about fulfilling your needs and wants, he’ll adjust his forgetfulness, and next year do better.

4 Likes

Mine never made anything of mine. Always had an excuse. Too busy!
Not a caring person! Got rid of him, but not soon enough!