Would you be upset if your husband went out for 24 hours without checking in?

If your husband was gone for over 24 hours (for fun, not work) and didn’t even bother to message and ask how your kids were doing would that annoy you? If I was gone for that long I would not be able to go that length of time without asking about them.

34 Likes

Yes …that would be wrong of him

Oh i would be mad! He would be lucky his shit wasnt packed !

It’s inconsiderate and disrespectful.

No, I wouldn’t be upset. Everyone needs legit time away. Just because he didn’t ask doesn’t mean he doesn’t care. Just my opinion.

8 Likes

Depends on what he was doing. BUT no matter what I know for a fact my husband would message and or call multiple times. That’s just us though.

1 Like

It’s disrespectful just check in, he’s entitled to his time but he’s not a single man. I would just communicate how it made you feel.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be upset he didnt ask about the kids cause parents need a break… but I would be upset if in 24 hours I didnt get a text saying something like "hey babe having a good time, I love you I’ll see you whenever supposed to be home)

6 Likes

I would be really upset. Men dont have the same thinking as women do when it comes to getting out. 24 hours is ridiculous even more so without checking in. If you did that I’m sure he would be furious.

9 Likes

Depends on what hes doing. Is he on a planned hunting trip w his dad or did he storm out swearing at you and leave you with the kids and hes ignoring you?

4 Likes

The words of Chrisley: Theres nothing open after midnite but legs and the ER​:rofl::rofl: Hes a married man no need him laying out all night!

18 Likes

Change the locks. Hes up to no good

As long as I know he’s being faithful go for it now if it’s starting to becomes days yes but husband is a loss puppy dog with out me

My husband will go on guys trips to a remote location with no service and he will still find a way to check in. Even if it’s a “Hi”.

I would definitely question as to why he felt he didn’t need to check in.

Would drive me nuts, my hubby just got back from a 36 hour trip to Colorado and checked in all the time and FaceTimed the kids. I know of the roles were reversed he would have been blowing up my phone asking how the trip was going/how I was etc. angry or not, no matter what you are doing you need to check in, even if it’s to say made it, no cell service, call/txt when I have service again.

1 Like

Men are not the same as women. Men arent born with natural instints of women. Where you would never drop out for 24 hrs.without concern for your kids .He could do it no problem. I told my Daughter , Your kids will always be Your problem, men will /can just walk away. Happens everyday. Think its a biological thing . Thank God for Moms !

4 Likes

It depends on what he was doing? The only time my husband is gone for 24hrs is when he has to go on a business trip to Denver. I’d probably definitely be pissed. I’d wonder what he was doing that he wasn’t able to call. My mind would go to a bad place. He knows this so he would probably call.

That is crossing a line and is very disrespectful and sounds like you need to be having a talk with him

1 Like

Do you really even need to ask this question? Because I think you know the answer. Anyone who respects their significant other would never do this. :woman_shrugging:t3: just being honest.

1 Like

A good man will always check in…regardless :+1:t4::sunglasses:

4 Likes

It definitely seems odd that he didn’t he even text you once. I went to another country and found a way to talk even if just through messenger every night. My partner will text to check in even if he just runs to the store to pick up milk. A quick “on my way home” or “think of anything else we need” while he is gone for 10 minutes.
I’d be questioning how solid the relationship is for sure.

5 Likes

He wouldn’t be my husband for too much longer after that

2 Likes

Absolutely, something shady.

2 Likes

Depends on how your relationship is- if y’all are very secure with one another and there’s zero issues in your marriage or if you didn’t have past issues prior to marriage whether with him or another significant other then the answer would be “no” (I wouldn’t be irritated or upset Bc I believe most people need a “break”- meaning not from marriage but everyday regular routine life- it’s always good to get away and have a day whether it’s by yourself or with friends doing something you normally don’t do on a daily basis… )now if there’s a reason for you to feel insecure or doubtful or vulnerable with your life or even past life then I think it would be respectful to make you feel better to check in (BUT before he went out did you have the convo with him?) That’s just me though as well… it really depends on your relationship on how you respond and would he expect you to check in if you had a night out?

Something he would never even think about. He fun always includes his family.

I would be worried sick! He would never do that💕

2 Likes

My husband does that all the time. He uses the old phrase, No news is good news. After 20 years you get upset, you worry but you get tired of fussing about it. As they say family is #1. Some realize it to late.

2 Likes

Mine left for a hunting trip Friday morning, he let me know when he arrived and he’ll let me know when he’s leaving to come home this afternoon. He doesn’t need to check in on the kids because I’m not a babysitter Im there mother. I think I would be more offended if he did.

7 Likes

It depends on how often you communicate I guess. I, personally would be upset because my husband is very present and involved. It wouldn’t be a “requirement” for him to check in, as I know he would on his own free will because he genuinely cares and wants to check in. (Not saying your husband does not care…) I would have a chat with him and express your feelings to him and let him know it upset you and ask if you did something for him to go that long without checking in. :heart:

1 Like

Don’t care if he’s having fun. I love to know how he’s doing. Not that I have no trust. Just want to know if things are going smoothly for him. It takes a few seconds to text, few seconds more to call. Unless the phone is lost, the phone has been in his hand at least once in the past 24 hrs

2 Likes

It depends was this a planned camping trip?

3 Likes

24hrs for a family man to not check in w his loved ones is a long time! U have a right to be upset. If it was something u knew about ahead of time, that’s one thing…but even still, to not at least check in w your wife and kids to see how they are, it is inconsiderate. If the shoe was on the other foot, I’m sure he wouldnt be thrilled that u went ghost on him n kids for 24hrs! Again, u have reason to be upset… Now it’s your turn to have a day to yourself! (But ik us mamas would still be checking in…esp on our kids)

5 Likes

I’d be peeved. If I were to do that, it would be the end of the damn world. & to those that would get offeneded by him checking on the kids…they are his kids. Is he not allowed to ask how they are? Smh.

Perhaps it’s a sign of his faith in your abilities as a wife and mother to handle things just fine for a day. It’s nice to have an occasional day for yourself and there is nothing wrong with that. You obviously trust him or you would be upset at him for being gone to begin with. If you have expectations or needs from a man you need to express them, not sit back and wait for them not to meet them because they didnt read your mind. So, I guess my question is, …Did you tell him you’d like him to check in or contact him? Or, did you sit back and wait to be able to be upset with him?

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with checking in. Its a matter of common courtesy.

2 Likes

Not ok in my opinion, even if you need a break you don’t just disappear… that’s just shady even with zero trust issues…

3 Likes

Depends on what his plans were. Was it communicated beforehand he was staying elsewhere for a night ? If not, yeah hes up to no good. Its not so much about asking about the kids but what the details were on his being gone that long (a cabin in the woods with buddies versus going to a bar and crashing somewhere) I would say its definitely odd a spouse not checking in within a 24 hr period. That certainly wouldnt occur in my relationship

It’s a mark of respect, isn’t it, to phone one another… whether he places a call or accepts a call…
What I find totally disrespectful is when one deliberately ignores the other… has the attitude of f*@# you, you’re not my keeper/whatever… like you’re checking up on them…
Not everyone is suspicious… to start anyway… some people just like to feel that connection… a little chat… hows your day kind of thing…
Anyone with an issue has something more…

3 Likes

I mean… it’s a little weird if he’s never done it before. But I think it also depends on the situation. Is it a guys trip? Is it a bachelor party to Vegas? Is it camping or fishing with family? Service? Did y’all fight beforehand? Did you reach out at all and was ignored? My husband would go a few hours without checking in, but he’d always reach out. Even if we fought, he’d still check on the kids. But everyone and every situation is different. My sister and hers will go two or three days sometimes without so much as an “I love you” or “have a good day” text when she’s in town. But they still love and trust each other. or All you have to do, is ask yourself how you feel about it… do you feel he was up to no good? Or do you know there was nothing to worry about and you are just pissed he didn’t pick up the phone? Communication is key! Talk to him.

2 Likes

My husband and I always check in if we’re gone for 2 hours for fun. I personally would be pretty upset

I get upset because my husband call so much I don’t have time to miss him. But I feel he should of let you know he was ok a time or two

It’s a common courtesy, at the very least

1 Like

Not okay in my opinion. My hubby can’t even go to work for 12 hours at night without checking in on us and asking how our son is and what he’s doing. He’s a family man, but even if goes out with a friend we’re texting back and forth, he’ll let me know his plans and when he should be home. It’s nothing I ask him to do, he just does it out of respect for me.

3 Likes

Ah men are just selfish to being with
I wouldn’t worry he probably got to drinking and acting like a jerk so I wouldn’t worry

2 Likes

Everyone’s relationship is different🤷‍♀️ If you’re upset, then that’s valid. But there are definitely situations in which this is perfectly acceptable too. The kids were with you, their mother, not like being babysat or something. My daughter has gone to stay a 1-3 days with family a few times and I don’t call her all the time🤷‍♀️ She’s having fun and it’s a break from our normal day to day. It’s not like I have much to tell her other than I love and miss her, so let her enjoy her time. But I feel the family has judged me for this because they think “oh I could never go all fat without talking to my child” but everyone is different, we all parent differently and each different person has their own unique feelings and emotions🤷‍♀️ If you’re upset… speak to your spouse, not fb. It doesn’t matter what we think, you need to set the standards for your marriage. Ask his side before you get any kind of mean or nasty as well. Maybe he’s been very stressed and needed 24 hours to himself without even thinking about what was going on at home🤷‍♀️ Maybe something’s going on with him that you don’t even realize💯 You know his character… Is this like him?

2 Likes

If it bothers you, it bothers you. Tell him. If he tries to tell you you’re overreacting, explain that your feelings are valid even if he feels differently. It won’t kill him to contact you when he goes out, but it does kill you if he doesn’t. Right or wrong, he should adjust to meet your needs. It’s a simple request. Cell phones exist. No one has an excuse not to check in anymore.

2 Likes

That just happened to me… do I care? No because I have other things to worry about (kids). No need to get bent out of shape.

Depends was it a planned trip? Did they talk in the am then he hasn’t yet called or?
There just isn’t enough info here

1 Like

Most guys are inconsiderate. They just don’t even think about it. Ya I’d be pissed but move on. Don’t dwell on it.

1 Like

depends… what was he doing??? if hes just out partying yes id be pissed but if hes out fishing, camping, ect no i wouldnt… it depends on what was going on…

5 Likes

I’d use “find m iPhone” and pull up to where ever he was and drag his butt back home lol. I don’t play those games :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Uh. Yah. I’d be pissed.

Well first, my husband respect me and our marriage enough not to be gone over night. Unless circumstances call for it. In which at that time we’d discuss it as a married couple.

3 Likes

If my dude was gone for 24 hours he better be calling to check on ME. Fuck the kids, I need help! Lol

I would be upset honestly I worry about everyone my husband calls me on his breaks at work to check on kids calls me if he goes out to let me know he safe and texts me here and there asking about me and kids and calls before he leaves mostly because if something happens he gets hurt ext I know the last place he was to start looking like I said I worry way more then I should

1 Like

Id change the locks on the house and leave a note :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

You have a right to be upset. First time? Talk to him about it. Just tell him you were so worried about him. Don’t attack. Did he say where he was going? Or just leave?

It’s 24 hours not a week. If it does bother you, why not text him asking how his trip is going ?

2 Likes

Alot of times men who disappear like this are cheating. Not trying to scare you but it’s just something to keep in mind.
Unless this was like a planned trip or something. Then of course that’s different. But I can’t really tell from your post

5 Likes

Thats a tough one but i agree with a lot of the comments, if it’s a known plan that’s he’s gunna be out where he may not get service ok at least let me know u made it and your leaving. I don’t expect my husband to text me All the time when he’s not home. But I have the same respect for him. If I’m out and about long distance I’ll check in. Just the communication we have

1 Like

Damn right I would be pissed at him.

So you go out that works to ways an sounds fishy to me

I would say it depends where he was and what he was doing. Really only takes five seconds to send a text so I guess maybe it would be annoying. My ex used to go out and screw off for hours and never check in and I would always be wild when he got home but I feel like I wouldn’t have if there was some kind of respect there from the get go…

I’d be pissed, no matter how you look at it, a man who loves you right will act right, without you having to tell him to. Period

4 Likes

Depends hunting fishing guys weekend I think I wouldn’t care but if he’s just gone for 24 hrs for no reason then yes most definitely

2 Likes

Everybody needs time out from life, maybe he needs it to survive. Maybe it something everybody needs from time to time. Both husbands and wife’s. Some me time!

4 Likes

As long as communication is involved. I think if I spent all my down time with my partner I would kill him. Everybody needs time on their own.

I would be upset, planned or not. It doesn’t take more than a few seconds to be like “hey how is everything?”

Depends… Whats he doing?

If it’s a fishing trip, hunting, or some other wildlife trip, I can see why it may be possible that he might not have service, etc to call or text. BUT idk he still should find a way to contact you to make sure all of you are ok. BUT if hes just leaving to go out with friends or family, then nah girl there’s no excuse. If he’s out partying then he better pick that damn phone up and call you.

Not at all. :rofl:
Mine went out, left yesterday at around 1pm and I didnt hear anything until today at 11am. He called saying he was on his way home.
My comment to him was “did you have fun baby??”
Then he ask what we should do today as a family.
If u get mad over small things like that, you wont ever be truly happy. Just let it go. If it bugged you that much, talk to him. But dont go making him feel horrible because he didnt call you when he went out. (Also, I’m guessing u KNEW he was going out with the guys)
So let it go and enjoy your day.
It’s not like he took off for a week and didn’t tell you. Lol.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t if I knew he was going out and there was a possibility he might not be home til later. If that happens, i text and ask so i know if I need to keep porch light on and not wait up.

Doesn’t mean he’s cheating either, why everyone goes straight to that is beyond me. Guys get distracted and don’t think about things sometimes. It’s not hard to text and say “Enjoy yourself, I’ll see you when you get home! Good night.” Or whatever and just let him enjoy himself without feeling chained.

1 Like

All the locks on the house will be change all of his stuff would be out on the front porch that would be unacceptable there needs to be some ground rules that there needs to be a conversation about that that you guys need to check in with each other from time to time maybe not every detail of the day you’re doing but hey I’m not going to be home I’ll text you later what’s going on

1 Like

You could do the same.Just take off for without w no notice.Then there be a reaction

1 Like

Lol, yeah that’s suspicious ass behavior. Watch yo man closely sis, that’s not normal in a healthy legit relationship.

Pffft…98% of the time I dont even kno where my husband is…should he have let u know he was ok, yes. Let him kno it bothers you. Dont jump to the “oh he is cheating” unless you have proof.

I would be beyond angry.

My husband does that but it’s usually on his annual guys fishing trip but I know where he’s around when he goes so I usually enjoy the piece and demand baked goods from our favorite bakery

If it’s a planned thing (guys camping, fishing trip type of thing) nope. It would probably bother me if he kept calling.

1 Like

My husband used to do that when he was 19 hes matured hes almost 30 now and everytime he goes out he cant go 10 minutes without calling me. Hes like hey how are you just wanted to say I love you :relaxed::heart:

If you know where he’s at, no - it wouldn’t annoy me. He’s just taking some man time. You can do the same thing. If he just took off and you have no idea where he’s at, that’s a different story.

2 Likes

The way I see it is , if you man is gone and having a great time . Awesome
But his responsibilitys don’t stop. A call to check in on our children and myself would be a plus .
Us mom’s could never go without checking on our babies .

He should call to let u know he is safe and check on kids. I would be pissed

2 Likes

Ok. Sounds like a planned trip. Some guys might not see the need. Maybe it shows he trusts you, hence why he doesnt feel the need to check in, while we dont always maintain 100%trust that our men are being responsible on their time, causing us to call. Nothing wrong with that, perfectly natural. You’re a mamma, you’re going to have more worries for your kids than daddy, usually. He knows your kids are in good hands, while youre worrying hes making a new spider man movie with your kid lol. With that said, it clearly bothers you that he didnt check in. Since we dont know more of the situation, I would just assume, and suggest, you talk to him about how it made you felt. If hes a good guy, chances are he will take your words into account and give you that check in call next time.