Would you choose your pets or not being homeless?

If you care about your well being and your dogs she would take them to a shelter and take the help offered her. Especially with kids involved.

2 Likes

Let her make her own mistakes she is 19 an adult and you cant baby her forever

3 Likes

That must be a big car to fit 2 adults and 3 large dogs. She is young and needs to learn and live. The more you tell her what to do the more she will do the opposite. If I had to choose between having a home or having a dog I would 100% to choose to have a home. Maybe find a rescue or a person willing to take the dogs in until she can support herself.

2 Likes

Animals r family too… sounds like they need to get their shit together hasn’t got nothing to do with poor animals… the whole thing sounds like a rollercoaster and all of them need to go their own ways and dogs be placed in loving good homes that can train them not just let them run and live out of a van
. Nobody or nothing should live that way

That’s tough, but they have been offered assistance and refused thus far. The best you can do is reach out and make sure that’s shes ok. Maybe after living in their van they will come to their senses. It’s no way to live (at least for me) but they are adults and are making their own choices.

1 Like

Your older sister would not be smart to get a place with the other sister and her boyfriend! Those kids can figure stuff out on their own

2 Likes

I would never accept wild pitbulls into my home, no matter whose it is.

1 Like

Something is else is definitely going on there from the sounds of odd behavior… I mean ever think drugs?? As far as the dogs people like this drive me nuts never bring a furry friend in your life unless you own a home with a fenced in back yard your buddies need exercise. So if it came down to a home or pets with a pregnancy I’d choose the home so my child had a place to lay their head.

3 Likes

Girl. Offer help. That’s all you can do. If they are homeless come the baby being born, offer to take baby…only if feasible…or make the call to protect that child. Report it. Otherwise, it sucks to sit back and watch, but it’s not anyone’s choice to make other than hers. I send my love. That’s a tough scenario.

2 Likes

Well CPS will find that baby a home. only a complete idiot would let the mother of his child and his child be homeless over dogs. I’m just going to say I’m one of the biggest animal lovers in the world but I would reach out to a rescue group to ensure my animals had good homes rather than put my girl and my unborn child in a situation like that. If she would rather live in a van with the dogs of the boyfriend she must not be too smart herself. So what this tells me is she loves the boyfriend more than she does the baby!!!

4 Likes

Let her be homeless. 💁 Just be there when her life is a dumpster fire and help her then.

3 Likes

I’m sorry but the dogs would have to go. I love dogs but if it came between being homeless or having a place to live. I’m definitely having a place to live. I wouldn’t want the worry of knowing where I’m going to lay my head down at night knowing when I’m going to get a shower, eat, or knowing if I’m going to be warm or freezing. For God’s sake on top of it she’s pregnant too. She better think of that baby first too. If she’s pregnant and has that baby and she’s homeless they will take that baby away. Get rid of the dogs. They can always find a good home for the dogs. That baby should be her priority right now!!!

5 Likes

The dogs should go to ppl who will take care of them. Your sister should leave. But these are all things that won’t happen unfortunately

1 Like

Let her be homeless then. I know if it was me and i had to choose a place to live(i have 6 kids) or keep my dogs, id re-home them… what kinda life is it for animals anyway to live in a van… They’re immature esp not keeping jobs and adding a baby to it…

We chose our dog. We were homeless for 3 months this summer and had to split our family up for those months. It was heartbreaking

Considering the dogs aren’t house trained and run wild sounds like they need to go to a better loving home. Dogs need discipline and firm understanding. They have energy just as a child. If you don’t let them outside to run their energy out, all of that will come out inside the home. However, I would never let mine go as they are well taken care of as well as my children. Also, maybe think of a better way to be there for her instead of putting the boyfriend down. Maybe he needs guidance. They sound young and some people didn’t have others to help them when growing up on how to be an adult. I’m pretty sure calling him an idiot is not going to help the situation. Maybe there’s a compromise that everyone can come up with? As in a pin outside with a heatlamp and a dog house and what straw? Try coming up with solutions instead of bashing them.

This is their business, nobody else’s. You keep butting in will make them more against your opinions. I love my dogs like family, I know how they feel, but it’s their life not yours.

2 Likes

I would go homeless with my dogs.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, you have to let her learn the hard. She will figure it out on her own.

3 Likes

Is it fair to the dogs to force them to live in a cramped car? Better to rehome them where they can have a comfortable home and a place to run.

4 Likes

Shit we would be a big happy homeless family idc my animals are my kids too. They didnt ask to be born and they need me.

I would do my best to find foster homes for my dogs even if that meant splitting them up until I found stable housing.They are like family… I wouldn’t abandon my family therefore wouldn’t abandon my dogs either. I would ditch the loser boyfriend though… lol

2 Likes

My kids are grown and I wouldn’t get rid of my dog for ANY reason. He’s been my rock and kept me from losing my mind being alone for years before I met my husband. I still wouldn’t get rid of my dog if i had to choose. He’s the one thing that kept me motivated to go on every day. I suffer from depression and without him, I couldn’t say for sure that I’d still be here today.

3 Likes

That light bulb is not very bright, at all. Don’t get involved!

2 Likes

Let her make her mistakes… just be there to support her when she realizes she doesn’t know everything.

2 Likes

I love my dogs. They are part of the family. However, last year when my husband was about to deploy we got an eviction letter from the apartments we were in because of my emotional support dog. We decided it was best for him to live somewhere else, luckily my mother in law offered to keep him at her house in a whole other state until we got a house with a yard that allowed dogs. And we did. It was hard for me, my husband was gone and my support dog was gone and it was just me and my 2yr old in an apartment. But we did what we had to to ensure we had a roof over our head and all were taken care of. If you cant care for yourself, theres no way you should make a child AND animal suffer with you because you want to all be together. Gotta do what in everyone’s best interest. And being homeless with a dog and baby is not the smart choice and its selfish.

2 Likes

She’s alone NOW, she just hasn’t figured out how alone she is. She needs to let him keep his dogs, since they are more important to him than she is.

For that child’s sake I hope it doesn’t have to go into a home with what sounds like a fatal dogs vs infant tragedy waiting to happen!

3 Likes

I would get rid of the boyfriend.

2 Likes

I’d chose my dogs 100%. Just like a child they are a life commitment. That’s entirely your sister and her bfs fault for them acting wild and not house trained.

5 Likes

Sorry, but no. I love my dog. But if it came to the crunch, I’d choose a house to live in. No matter how much I love my dog, my daughter is more important to me. Keeping her safe and with me is more important than any of our pets.

4 Likes

If it was just me then I’d try to keep my pets but if my child is at risk? I’d re home the pets.
Sad she’s in this mess. Hope baby is ok and she leaves him.

Love is blind if you keep telling her to leave she will stay with her bf cause she is young and in love just be there with open arms when she wakes up and leaves him from what I read he is a loser

I know it’s hard to let her figure it out the hard way but maybe that’s what she needs to be able to open her eyes to her situation

She’ll see how stupid she is one day. Hopefully not too late. But she’s an “adult” so you can only do so much to try and help

I was homeless when I was 19 I had 2 dogs with me without them I wouldn’t have made it I had some bad stuff happen to me became very depressed and would have committed suicide without them, on the subject of your sister and her boyfriend its been my experience the more you try to push people apart the more they fight to be together just let her know you are there for her you can still not like him but be cordial so you don’t loose your sister

4 Likes

Depends on if she believes this will be her situation for long or not. If she feels she may be homeless for 2 or 3 weeks waiting on a place then no she probably shouldn’t give her animals up. If she knows this will be her new lifestyle then she should put her dogs first and give them up to someone who can care for them properly that’s truly loving your pet

3 Likes

There shouldn’t be a need for any “waiting” to see if someone is miscarrying. If there are any concerns AT ALL about that, she should be going to the ER right away and they will figure it out. That should be the top priority.

1 Like

Unfortunately in this situation you have to kinda just sit back and let them learn from their own mistakes … me personally I’d never get rid of my dog but I would find a close friend or family member to take them in so I could still see it… as for the boyfriend everyone has their own battles and he could be mentally ill and needs to take a step for himself to get evaluated … should never judge a book by its cover because his heart can be the biggest loveable thing if you open it and read him a little bit …

2 Likes

Her age plays a big part with her immaturity…She’ll learn the hard way…so be it.

2 Likes

When it comes to shelter, you should ALWAYS choose what’s best for your children!! I’d find someone to foster them even offer to pay for it and if there was no other choice, of rehome them. When you become a mother, you make a vow to always put your children’s best interests before anyone else’s :woman_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

Just like children they can be taken away without proper shelter, food/ water access.

I would part ways with my animals if it meant I had a roof over my head

5 Likes

My dogs aren’t going anywhere period. And she could have prevented being homeless long before this

6 Likes

I’d dump the BF let him keep the dogs lol

5 Likes

Get rid of the the 4 dogs. And pray for a great life for you and your baby!

4 Likes

Children come before animals, the needs of the child come first always. Provide a stable living environment. I’m an animal lover, but kids come first. #DrPhil
Dr Phil had an episode about the needs of kids coming before animals, and hes a huge animal lover and advocate. Look it up worth watching.

6 Likes

I guess I’m one of the very few people who was taught that when you get an animal, they are a commitment. The animals are the least of their worries. I’m so sick of people dumping their animals when life inconveniences them. :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Not being homeless >>>>> any animal especially bringing a baby into this world.

“he thinks he is being judged”
She says…while judging him

Yes I would choose my pets over living with someone that doesn’t want me to keep them

5 Likes

Love how everybody is hating because she’s 19 :roll_eyes: I had my daughter at 18 and been with her daddy since 15. We have a home of our own and live comfortably. I am 19 now. Age has NOTHING to do with this whole situation :expressionless:

3 Likes

If my pets can’t go, l cannot go. Because l understand my commitment l would have found other options to avoid homelessness long before this point. I also wouldn’t dream of living with family if they were that judgmental and speculative of my every move.

7 Likes

If the dogs are wild and untrained, then yes I agree get rid of them. And unfortunately I’ve been in the same boat as your youngest sister, until she realised for herself she won’t leave him

4 Likes

Honestly, I would let them be homeless. If they are this immature, they dont need anyone helping them.

6 Likes

Animals have nothing to do with this really. There problem is learning responsibility, keeping a job, paying bills. Both not just his. My animals are like my children as well. So no I wouldn’t give them up. I would have fixed my shit before it came to that.

Hopefully she has a miscarriage as she surely not ready to become a mother. How and where will tht child live? Damn,another burden to society!

One telling her boyfriend he’s an idiot Walt help she needs to see that for herself 2 I wouldn’t move into a place where I couldn’t have my dogs

That’s what you call.Hopeless Case!!!

3 Likes

So let her shit this winter suppose to be cold she ain’t gone be n that van long 🤷👌

There would be NO way I would get rid of my animals (and I have a zoo over here).

2 Likes

She will eventually get tired of the life style and move on shes young and you have to let her take her falls, the more you try she will do what she wants.

2 Likes

We had to move from our home to an apartment after my grandmother passed and guess what? We rehomed our pit With another family member because us getting our children a place was WAAAAY more important!

5 Likes

It sounds like these dogs need a better owner and home. I’ve got my shit somewhat together so yes I can keep my dog as I wish. I can afford a home for my dog :woman_shrugging:t2:

I would choose to live in a van with my three dogs too… or anywhere else that would accept them.

2 Likes

Your sister will have to learn the hard way.

4 Likes

She doesn’t work to support herself?

If you get a dog that dog is family and you treat it as such. No need to say children come first because it was said she sadly might not even be keeping it. So that aside you get a pet said pet is family if the pet cant go you dont go. If youd throw and animal to the curb like that 1 your a disgrace 2nd you shouldn’t have gotten the animal in the first place

I was close to being homeless and I would never give up my dog. Sorry and to some people I know it sounds insane but my dog is so much more than just a pet. There’s just no way I would get rid of her

2 Likes

I’ve been homeless. Would NEVER get rid of my dogs. One specifically has been there for me through everything. Dogs are family. Not disposable items. I’d live in my van too.

3 Likes

Squat don’t leave the premises make the landlord get a court order go to those court dates tell the judge that you were poor and need more time you’ll get an extra six months

I would sleep in my car. With my dogs. The shelter here gives out tents I’m not getting rid of my dogs

1 Like

U cant force someone to better their life

1 Like

Let them live in their van …see how it goes

3 Likes

Sounds lime more is going on if he can’t hold down a job. I wouldn’t trust someone like that to live with me. Tried before to help people out a girl who was going through a hard time. My advice is it’s not worth the stress. Also hear a lot of horror stories about people taking friends/family in.

Not house trained or having accidents? Ages of dogs, are they still like young ones with allot of energy? His dogs or does sister care about them? I would NEVER give an ultimatum to a sibling. either help or not. Elder sister wanting to move in the home? Guessing she doesn’t like animals. BF sounds unreliable. Sister works? Not mentioned… She may lose the baby and if she doesn’t there would be a few months for them to figure out their finances. BF sounds like the loser not the dogs. The sister that needs help sounds like she is afraid to be alone, living in a van is being alone. Showers, eating, changing clothes,working, etc are not feasible. Take your sister to a homeless street and let her see what they go thru. Elder sister should help, if she can, with no ties attached.

It doesn’t sound like the dogs are the only issue. It sounds like they’re just bad with money in general. I think there’s going to be drama in that house. Even if she gets rid of the dogs, it sounds like they’re going to have issues keeping up with their half if he can’t keep a steady job. Your older sister is going to have some issues with that.

No way I’d be homeless because I don’t want to give up an animal :roll_eyes: especially an animal that’s not house trained.

Let them lose their home and everything. Her life, her choices. Thats how lessons are learned the hard way if not willing on listening.

Keep the dogs lose the guy

1 Like

Sounds like your sisters problem not yours. I know this sounds real bad, but I hope she miscarry’s what kind of life could she even offer a baby. Especially with a guy who buys a 2000. Dog and expects his pregnant girlfriend to live in van. Stupid people should not be allowed to procreate.

Is there someone they could temporarily rehome the dogs with? Because that would be best imo since living in a van in winter is not good especially with dogs

She is going to have to learn the hard way about him but as for the dogs I could never give up my fur babies she needs to get them trained but shouldn’t be forced to get rid of them. I would get rid of the useless bf first.