Would You Consider This Cheating?

This question was submitted to our community via our Facebook page and/or our Answers forum. Responses are also taken from the community. If you have your own parenting or relationship question you would like answers to, submit on Facebook or Answers.

QUESTION:

"Would you consider signing up for dating sites and messaging other people while you are married, cheating? Even if it didn’t go further than messaging?"

RELATED: I Think I Saw My Best Friend’s Boyfriend Cheating: What Should I Do?

TOP ANSWERS (AS SELECTED BY MODERATOR):

The following top answers have been selected by a moderator from hundreds of responses to the original question.

"I absolutely think that's cheating."

"Cheating! That will lead to other things. Plus that is cheating emotionally."

"Any form of seeking sexual pleasure or intimate partnership from another person is a form of cheating, yes. Why go looking elsewhere when you have it at home?"

"Absolutely. Why are you on a dating site if you're married? Alarm bells and red flags!!"

"Yes. Emotional cheating can lead to physical cheating, it's like playing with fire. Too many temptations"

"Personally, anything that your spouse is willing to say to another person while you’re not around is a form of cheating (especially on dating apps) Flirting to an extent is emotional cheating, which often leads to physical. If your husband has to hide or delete conversations, photos, etc. there’s an issue."

"It’s going in that direction so yes."

"If you have to ask, then you know the answer."

"You don’t go to the restaurant, sit down, read the menu—unless you are planning on eating."

"If you wanna act single, you can be single. The end."

Have a response to this question? Leave it below to help a mama out! Or leave your own question and get responses from real moms!

READ ALL ANSWERS BELOW: