Would you get a dose of the COVID vaccine while pregnant?

Fully vaccinated around 23 weeks and I’m about to give birth in 4 weeks….baby is healthy no issues with baby or me

1 Like

I’m not saying the vaccine caused this because there’s no way to tell. But… my first pregnancy was completely healthy with no complications. This pregnancy I got my first dose when I didn’t know I was pregnant and have had some complications so far. Like I said… it could be from the vaccine but may not be.

1 Like

I wouldn’t because my Dr doesn’t recommend it for me, you and your Dr know your specific situation better though.

Absolutely not, i won’t get one and I’m not pregnant… why would you take a chance with your babies life

19 Likes

Nope. Too many risks. Not to mention it’s not fda approved.

2 Likes

It’s still in trials and none of the long term side effects are available or none. It’s not even FDA approved right now. This is my personal opinion but I wouldn’t want to risk it.

Covid 19 Vaccine-Evidence Based Group: Pregnancy, Lactation, TTC & Children has a lot of great information and real people with real experiences with the vaccine while trying to conceive, pregnant and nursing. I suggest you join❤

They haven’t done enough re search on it, so no i haven’t had mine, im 33 weeks pregnant. Ive actually got covid now & other than cold symptoms ive been okay & so is baby :crossed_fingers:t3:x

6 Likes

NO ABSOLUTELY NOT!! Are you crazy!! It’s an experimental vaccine!!!

10 Likes

I’ve had my first vaccine while being 10 weeks pregnant and I had no side effects from it whatsoever, I’m 14 weeks and 4 days and everything is going fine, the vaccine won’t harm your baby or go near your baby it’s just for your protection, I’ve spoken to my midwife and doctor and they have said the same thing its for your protection so it won’t harm or touch the baby at all, I have my 2nd vaccine in August

6 Likes

There is no research. Just because the midwife says it’s ok means fuck all :rofl:. They’re supposed to say it’s fine… Midwives say all sorts of bollocks about other stuff too. Anybody saying the vaccine is fine actually doesn’t know they’re just “basing” it on other similar vaccines. There is no way on earth I’m getting it pregnant, breastfeeding or not.

I don’t think it’s fair to call people morons etc as we can all make our own informed decisions but let’s put this into perspective… The majority of us have a 99.7% of being fine even with side effects… There’s no real risks to the baby from catching Covid… OR you could have an experimental drug “just in case” and put a higher risk on yourself and the baby due to the fact that nobody actually knows what the outcome is long term. The drug has not been longitudinal… All those people mentioning other vaccines is all well and good but they have history … This does not.

Also “you pass on the antibodies” … nobody actually knows this either … And how long do you pass them on for if so? Nobody knows … and guess what if you get Covid or have had Covid you have antibodies too and can potentially pass them on …

So yes it’s definitely something you need to make an informed decision on… But there’s no “informed” part so I’m really unsure as to why people are having it especially when pregnant.

Only you can make the right decision for yourself and your baby. :hugs:

3 Likes

I’m breastfeeding and I’m not having it. They wont give it kids for a reason so defo not worth the risk if you’re healthy

7 Likes

I’ve had both whilst pregnant (didn’t know I was pregnant for first dose). Had absolutely no problems. Im almost 22 weeks and everything is going great xx

2 Likes

My friend had hers while pregnant and she has had no side effects except a sore arm x

1 Like

I had my second dose and then found out I was pregnant a few days later. I spoke to my midwife about it and she said she had no worries, she would have expected something to have happened by the time I saw her. Baby is fine and healthy x

2 Likes

I didn’t have the vaccine when I was pregnant. And I also got told by a midwife that she wouldn’t have it either if she was pregnant

It’s a choice that only YOU can make. Do some research and go from there.

But, Nope! Not a chance, would I! The long term side effects are unknown, so I’m firmly on the fence anyway. If I was bringing an unborn baby in to the equation, it would be a hard no. If you read some of the yellow card reports, there are links to miscarriage (could well be coincidence that women miscarry after the jab. Miscarriages often have no cause or one that’s hard to identify and can happen at any time to any one) also, there are card reports and it has been widely reported and discussed that the covid vaccine can effect your menstrual cycle, which would suggest it throws your body and hormones off balance, that’s not a risk I would take when pregnant

I work in the Operating room and have a few coworkers who got the vaccine intentionally while pregnant so that their babies would have immunity to covid. This is done with lots of other vaccines, but I’m not sure of the testing that’s been done with the covid vaccine in particular.

1 Like

Think asking your healthcare provider or doctor is going to be best

I truely believe it has to be a choice for you personally depending on your current health and any medical conditions
Midwifes etc in my area won’t give you a yes or no answer they are sending you to read up on things which isn’t the greatest help
It has been given to a lot of American pregnant wemen with no issues yet but that’s not to say they won’t be any reported months down the line it really is a different question to which I think it has to be a personal choice x

I’ve not had it and won’t be having it either… a vaccine is supposed to go through years and years of testing before it’s available to the public. This one hasn’t. I don’t trust it for me or my children

15 Likes

I got it after my first trimester ended. Didn’t really have any bad symptoms. I feel relieved having that protection and knowing I can pass on antibodies when I breast feed after baby comes.

1 Like

Wouldn’t dream of getting it non pregnant given we don’t know what the long term effects are let alone while pregnant! Why on earth would anyone take that risk

27 Likes

There is not enough research on this jab and I would not risk my unborn baby for anything that has not been around for years of testing

1 Like

There cannot be any figures for what you ask, as child baring women have not been vaccinated long enough, its not yet 9 months since the elderly were vaccinated. So any comments giving answers are false. Speak to your doctor regarding any worries not stupid face book know alls.

The vaccine hasn’t even been out for 9 months yet, it’s in its experimental trials until 2023. If you are taking this vaccine while pregnant, maybe it’s your IQ that needs questioning rather than what effects will it have! Why any normal person would take the risk I don’t know! Let alone a pregnant woman!

15 Likes

Nope nope nope nope nope.

3 Likes

I had first when pregnant and 2nd when gave birth - no issues x

I had my first one just after 20 weeks absolutely fine and I have my second one in August.

The exact same thing happened to me. I decided to get my second dose of the vaccine at 18 weeks pregnant, when the risk of miscarriage due to a temperature as a side effect of the vaccine was minimal. All is absolutely perfect with myself and the baby. Working in a central London hospital until my maternity leave starts in October, I feel I made the right choice and me and my baby are well protected because of it!

Check out zdogg page for good info

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Would you get a dose of the COVID vaccine while pregnant? - Mamas Uncut

I got both doses while pregnant and I had my son last month with no issues for me or him. He was 9 lbs 1 ounce at birth and went to his due date. I had a natural vaginal delivery. No underlying issues or health concerns. I work in the medical field so the benefits of getting the vaccine outweighed the risk. My OB also recommended it so it was an easy decision for me. Make whatever choice you and your OB feel is right for you and your baby.

7 Likes

It’s probably too soon for pros/cons list for the vaccine is too new and not enough studies have been formed especially for pregnant women/infants. Personally. I wouldn’t have gotten it while pregnant, but I’m not getting it in general while not pregnant. I also dont get flu shots while pregnant either though.
I had my little guy last april

If you already got your shot I dont see any sense in worrying yourself over it. I’m sure you and baby will be happy and healthy. Sending my love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I wouldn’t let my baby be an experiment. There’s not enough research that would make me feel okay with it. Once it’s actually gone through testing and gets FDA approved, absolutely. But not knowing what it could do I wouldn’t risk for any of my children.

1 Like

My ob said no. She said they just don’t know what kind of effects it could have on the baby.

2 Likes

It’s causing some pregnant women who have got the vaccine while pregnants baby to have full heart failure and die at thirty weeks. Do your research! But everyone is different and seems to take it on differently as well. I know a girl who got it while pregnant and shes fine and babies showing healthy. She hasn’t giving birth yet.

1 Like

Your body/baby your decision right. Personally I am 24 wks and would not put myself or child out there as an experiment. Especially not being an approved vaccine. No thanks! Plus I had COVID at 10 wks.

Absolutely not. I will not let my 12 year old get it.

1 Like

I feel like everyone is different. It’s WHAT YOU FEEL is right. Everyone has their own opinion.

Whilst pregnant you should never take vaccines or take any kinds of medications bc whatever medications is treating you it is effecting the baby…thyroid anti depressants iron etc it does effect the babies…only take Tylenol

3 Likes

I would have rather had the covid jab than have the actual covid but when I was 30 weeks pregnant last year I had covid and it was the worst thing ever

I didn’t realise I was pregnant when I had my second vaccine , had my 12 week scan everything seems fine

My midwife advised me not to have it, as it’s only an experimental trial :woman_shrugging:t2:

Don’t ask Facebook, they will give you a million different answers. See your doctor for peace of mind ASAP.