Would you give your bigger bedroom to your kids?

Thoughts?? Opinions??? I have three kiddos 4.5, 3, and 4 months… the apartment we live in is two bedrooms, master has a bathroom but is smaller than the other bedroom, but has a bigger walk in closet… would you rather have the bigger bedroom for you or the kids??? The baby still sleeps with us and my boys have bunk beds, but idk how I feel about giving them a room with an attached bathroom? I will have a lock placed on the door so they couldn’t get in without me unlocking it, but having more room for me n dad n baby would be really nice! Thanks!!

17 Likes

Do what works for you and your family❤️

Yup! We gave our girls the bigger bedroom in the house because they actually spend time in their room. Playing, doing homework, relaxing, ect. My husband and I don’t spend any time in our room outside of sleeping so it just made sence to give the girls the bigger room :slightly_smiling_face:

I would give them the larger bedroom personally. Thats what we’ve done (we have 3 that share the master)…its large enough for their 3 beds, 2 cubbies (to hold their belongings) and toys. My oldest has her own bedroom, she needs the privacy as she gets older. Hubby and I have the smallest room

When we moved, I gave my daughter the bigger bedroom but she has more stuff than I do lol. So it made sense.

My kids have the bigger room

I give my kids the bigger bdrm

Give the bigger one to the kids.

I would rather have the smaller room with the bathroom and give the kids the bigger room for play space

22 Likes

I would keep the master bedroom with the bathroom.

1 Like

We raised 5 only 1 left at home we don’t require as much sp.now.we have a 2 bdrm 2 bath.she has the master.my husband and I like that she has space for her friends room for a desk so she can do her homework etc.the smaller room is fine for us.

I live in a 2 bedroom with 3 boys ages 2,3,5 the big room has a walk in closet I gave them the big room an made the closet a gaming room for them. I only ever sleep in my room while they play an sleep in theirs. The bed I got them is 3 beds in one the third bed pulls out from under the other beds so I can push it in during the day to give them more room.

4 Likes

When we moved into our condo, I took the smaller bedroom and gave my then 7 and 4 year the master with the bathroom and they had bunk beds. They had to share a room so I wanted them to have plenty of room.

Take the primary bedroom. They’ll have a lot of space regardless with a bunk.

1 Like

I have a 2 bedroom and YES we gave kids the bigger room which also has a bathroom I put my 6,7, an 12 year old together but with room dividers and dressers and bedframes with drawers (for personal toy boxes) I set it they have their own section/privacy

Teen daughter was given the master bedroom with bath as she took the most time in bathroom and needed the privacy. Our sons took the next biggest as they had to share and hubby and I took the smallest. As long as we had a bed to sleep in we were fine and happy. When we were in a 2 bedroom prior to 3rd child we gave each child the bedrooms and we slept in living room. Childrens wellbeing came first in that manner.

13 Likes

Keep the master bedroom with the bigger closet. I give the kids the bigger room. Since baby will be with them in a few months It’s nice to have the master Bath room and walk in closet. Because you can store stuff in there as well

I have always put my kids in the bigger bedroom. I figure they have toys and all, and my husband and I don’t need a big bedroom. I have 4 grown kids and it worked out great for us.

2 Likes

I personally would rather have the smaller bedroom and have the bigger one for the kids and all their toys.

19 Likes

You answered your own question, swap them around it sounds ideal for everyone

My daughter’s share our master bedroom. 5 year old son has his own room but it’s small. And my 3 month old sleeps in his crib in me and his dad’s room.

At that age the smaller room for them is fine IMO. Plus I don’t think they need an attached bathroom.

5 Likes

We actually cut out livingroom in half to give us another bedroom, we now have a tiny livingroom and bed for us ans kids all have decent size rooms for themself, I’d do anything in my power to give kids a better space, at one point ur youngest will no doubt be in with other kids so I’d defo switch x

I’m sorry but are you for real? No, you don’t give small children a bedroom with a bathroom attached.

4 Likes

I would give the kids the bigger room and keep the one with the ensuite, tbh kids that age it would scare me them having there own bathroom in there room… I would be a helicopter mum making sure they aren’t fucking shit up all the time, also don’t see the point in locking it, why have it if it won’t be used?

if the master didn have a bathroom id do it

I would take master and have the baby be in the walk in closet

I would take the smaller room and give the older two the bigger room since they are sharing and have toys

We have 4 kids ages 5-10. We gave our daughters the second largest room bc it also has a half bath. We gave our boys the biggest room, a few feet from a full bath. No regrets. They need the space.

Give the kids the bigger bedroom

You have to do what is best for your family. That can vary. Personally my children have the 2 bedrooms. It’s always been that way. I have less stuff & spend less time in my room. So it makes more sense to me for them to have more space.

I would switch we thought about switching ours with 2 girls but don’t because our bedroom has back door to outside but don’t because door.

They don’t need their own bathroom… at tthose ages, they will constantly play in the water, unsupervised. It will be a nightmare.

1 Like

You need a bigger house. Put the kids in the bigger room. They have toys and such

Depends on how much stuffs / toys they have. But honestly I will give them the biggest bedroom If you are planning on moving the baby eventually

If they were older…. Yes. But, at their age…. No

I would definitely give the kids the bigger space.

As younger no once older yes

i have. complete with the master bath. she uses her room way more than i ever will

Due to back problems I sleep on the recliner. My oldest would have the biggest room.
But at your kids ages there’s no way I’d give them a room with bathroom attached. Dangerous.

2 Likes

I would take the smaller bedroom, with the master bath and walk in closet, convert the walk in closet to a nursery, and give the larger room to the two other children.

I would not give the bedroom with the bathroom to the two younger children. I think that would be asking for trouble.

Our 2 girls have the bigger room, kids have loads more stuff than us, toys, teddies etc