Would you let your 15-year-old go to a hotel sleepover?

Would you let your 15 year old daughter have a sleepover at a water park hotel? the girls parents will also be there in an attached room but not actually in the room as they thought it would be weird for dad to be there too which i get…i just dont know how I feel anout this, but she really wants to go.

30 Likes

My mum would send me on holidays to different countries for two weeks at a time with her friends. It’s not uncommon for kids to holiday with their pals i don’t think - this isn’t different

1 Like

Yes. I also had a hotel party for my 16th

We did it with my granddaughter. They had a fantastic time. They behaved. There were boys at the party but they left after swim and cake no problem.

1 Like

I’d definitely meet mom and dad but I don’t see any problem with this. Basically just like having a sleep over at her friends house in her bedroom.

4 Likes

I’d let her go.
As long as I met the mom and dad.

4 Likes

I personally would have no problem but this is your child and your boundaries

2 Likes

It’s my kids favorite thing we’ve been doing it for her birthday for years I would let her go make memories with friends if the parents are there and in an attached room she’ll be fine! I would hate for my daughters friends not to come she absolutely loves it every year she wants to do it

Honesty no not in the world we live in today . It’s not the same world we grew up in . I honestly can’t tell someone what to do with their own children, but for me . We don’t do sleep :sleeping: overs period at my house. It’s not safe out there in this world :earth_americas: way too much is happening nowadays.

6 Likes

Yes. We have had hotel parties for my daughter since 4th grade. The girls have always had their own room.

3 Likes

It sounds like a great time for her and her friend, and they’ll have parental supervision. Them having their own room attached isn’t any different then spending the night at her friends house in their room anyways.

58 Likes

Meet mum/dad exchange contact and location details and let your daughter go and enjoy her friends birthday :blush: She’ll have a blast.

3 Likes

Totally depends on your child and her group of friends.

1 Like

I’d maybe grab one of those door lock devices for main hotel door(not the room they’re staying in) I’d feel safer with that on myself so recommend to any female going to a hotel :woman_shrugging:t2: but sounds like it’s supervised and will be fun

1 Like

Why is it weird for dad to be there?

In 3 short years, she will be an adult. Let her go. She’s old enough.

Yes, she’s not 5. I know this may be hard for you, but she’s old enough as long as you know the family she’s going with
Definitely not with strangers.

4 Likes

A 15 year old girl should know how to conduct herself (for the most part). I’d say yes.

It depends on many things for me. How well do I know these parents? How much time has she spent with these people? What kind of kid is the friend, and how do I feel about her? Just how much freedom will the girls have on this trip? How mature and responsible is my child? How much do I trust her? Is she likely to follow rules & use common sense to stay safe? Do I trust that I’ve prepared her for how to react in emergency/scary/dangerous situations? Can I trust her to keep her phone charged and on her person at all times?

If I did let her go then at the very least I’d make sure she takes pepper spray, a ripcord siren, and I’d download Life 360 for the both of you so you can track her location by phone at all times. If you want to go the extra mile, you can get one of those air tag type things that she has to keep in her pocket or somewhere like that for the whole trip. You can track those via life 360 as well.

Without details, the age itself seems fine for something like this. But not all 15 yr old are the same, and there are plenty that I wouldn’t allow.

4 Likes

Well I went to a competition in a city hours away with my hs and all the students had rooms without any adults in the room and it was just the kids sharing rooms with each other. So I don’t see this as any different

8 Likes

I would. My school did week long trips in 5th grade (stayed in a bunk house) and 8th grade (stayed in a hotel) and the adults weren’t as close to us as they’ll be to your daughter. I would just explain the dangers that are out there and to be smart. You can’t keep her in a bubble forever. With the parents in the next room, it’s not really much different than a sleepover at someone’s house.

6 Likes

If you know the mum and dad and the child well, I don’t see any issues

2 Likes

Do you know and trust the parents? What does your gut say? If your kids ever gets sexually assaulted it’s most likely by a relative or someone you know. And it’s most likely at a place they can find a moment to seclude their victim for the actual assault or start the grooming process. These people groom the parents as well to get you to trust them.

It all comes down to how much you trust your child

1 Like

Do you trust her?? Is she level headed and responsible? If so, let her go. If the answer to the aforementioned is a straight NO, then don’t let her go.

Absolutely not. After hearing multiple stories from kids talking in school about what they did while parents were in an adjoining room. - nope!

7 Likes

As long as I knew the family I would let my teens go. We can’t shelter them from everything. They have to have experiences too

Sounds fun. Omg sign me up

Sounds like so much fun! Her friends parents are in the next room. Not much difference than if they were at their home.

Yes, I would. It would be a fun thing to do with her friend.

2 Likes

I like how a friend of mines mom did it for her 13th birthday. They got a connected hotel room and mom stayed in one while kids stayed in the other

I would! I wrnt to a best friend’s birthday at a hotel around that age. Same situation with the mom being in attached room and it was just so much fun! In my memories still 20 years later.

4 Likes

Yes if they are close friends and u know the family!

My daughter had her 10th birthday at a hotel with her friend while she was with her Dad on his weekend and personally I wouldn’t allow it but they had fun but I am too nervous especially if I don’t know the family

1 Like

Either way this will be a lifetime memory for her, its gonna be coolest selfie drenched good time that she’ll always remember, or it’ll be the great time you kept her from because of what she’ll see as parental overreach and it will still be a lifetime memory with resentment frosting, choose wisely

2 Likes

I would allow it as long as I had communication.

1 Like

Honestly no matter where the kids have a sleep over, they’ll either behave or not behave depending on their personality… So it comes down to how much you trust them.

Do you know the parents? If so yes. Would you let her have a sleepover if it were at her friends house? If so, yes.

I would. I would also set my expectations for my 15 year old prior to them going. I’ve got to trust him at some point and he isn’t getting younger. The bubble needs to pop and truthfully its ok to let them grow, experience things and also be aware of their surroundings!

I think it depends on your daughter’s maturity, and that of her friends. Mine aren’t teens yet but my trust levels in their abilities to stay safe vary drastically between them

1 Like

Do you know and trust the parents to properly supervise and make good and safe choices?

1 Like

We did it all the time and never had an issue. We knew the rules.
Can bad things happen, yes. Does that mean we never leave the house, no. If you really don’t eant her to go, I get it. On the other side, don’t teach her to avoid life bc something bad might happen.

At 15 I would if she had a phone. We did that a lot growing up and it was so much fun! But I had a phone and knew I could call 911 or my parents.

How long has she been friends with the other girl? I probably would if it were a family we knew and trusted. Have a serious talk with her about the different dangers, within reason of course.

7 Likes

My kids are grown,not sure in this day and age what I would do……please let us know what you decide and how it goes.

1 Like

I would definitely let my child go have fun with her friends especially when the parents are there

Mine did. She was fine but I was there

When my son turned 15 I got 2 rooms at kalahari that weren’t connected they were actually on different sides of the park…didn’t plan it that way…and he and 3 of his friends stayed in that room and myself and a friend and the younger kids stayed in another…my mom also did this…when I was a lot younger though the world was different…and our rooms did adjoin for my bday

2 Likes

Chile that one hotel party that ended up with the girls dead in the freezer! Nah I’m good

Yes, make sure she has a phone and access to uber. If she is ever unsafe she can travel home or to somewhere safe and call but I’d let her go. They have to learn to make choices that will keep them safe x

1 Like

:heart: my 15 year old is very mature and has a cell phone. I’d let her even though I don’t trust other people, I trust her fully. She knows right from wrong and would 100% call me even if she was feeling a little unsafe and weird. I’d also make sure I talked to the parents and made sure there would be proper supervision. You can’t trust all teenagers so I’d say it really depends on her level of maturity.

5 Likes

She’s 15… as in, 3 years shy of COLLEGE. Yes. I would let her.

Sorry, but some of yall really need to chill. Lol

1 Like

The world has changed since we were kids. When I was 14 I went to great wolf lodge water park with my friends family and her brother and his friend also went. The parents room adjoined ours with the boys too. They let us roam the water park ourselves, etc. We had flip phones but nowadays even with a phone, idk that I’d let my Kids do the very same things I did. It’s just not as safe anymore.

8 Likes

If you’ve known the parents long enough and trust them, let her go and enjoy herself, but if the family is new to your “circle” I wouldn’t suggest it.

2 Likes

When I was 14 my dad and uncle took me and my friend to Silverwood ( next state over, about a 12 hour drive one way) they shared an adjoining room, and my friend and I had separate beds. She would FaceTime her mom before bed and night and tell her all about our days, it was such an amazing and fun time, and still remember it well into my late 20’s

We did this for my daughter’s birthday in July. Got a suite so the girls had the living room to themselves, and a few others came the next day to enjoy the water park too. I think it depends on your relationship with the other parents. These girls have been friends for years and all parents know each other. I wouldn’t be comfortable with her going if I didn’t know the parents.

As long as it was a friend who we know and parents we trust them yes. If it was a new friend and I didn’t know the parents then definitely no. Adjoining rooms makes all the difference. The parents are there for supervision and very close by.

Yes if I knew her parents and my child was trustworthy

Both of my daughters had 10th birthday hotel sleepovers. My daughters have also gone to sleepovers at a hotel.

If there are a few parents goin and I knew them well I would

Let her go she will be fine…

Yes, as long as parents you can trust are there.

Only if I can go to js lol :laughing::joy:

My daughter tried this and apperently it’s normal in this day and age so the parents don’t have to clean up. But hell no. To many creeps in a hotel and who knows what they would do

1 Like

Let her go. She’s with friends and has supervision. I bet it’s going to be a blast!! No reason to say no!!

Id let my daughter go, my daughter went on a band trip last summer to Disney world when she was 15,and they didn’t have chaperones in the room, I don’t see your situation being different than that

I let my 15 yo fly to the islands with his girlfriends family for a week. It’s not a problem as long as you have a relationship with the other parents and trust them with your child.

Teen get over on adult in sleepovers. Teen leave the room when they think the adults have gone to sleep. If you trust your child to make wish decisions let her go.

I would let her go, the parents sound like they want to be responsible but also not intrude and make anyone uncomfortable.

Give her some independence and let her have some fun. She has to grow up at some point and when she gets home she will have loads to tell you. You have to trust her to make her own decisions.

Try to get a room next to them?

1 Like

Unpopular opinion but I would say no. And wouldn’t feel bad either

Nope. A parent must be in the room with them. Or if it’s an attached room the door must stay open between the rooms at all times. Girls can have privacy in the bathroom.

Depends on the child and the other parents.
If it were a kid I already didn’t like or trust I would say no. I’d I didn’t like or trust the parents I would say no.
If I did trust parents and the child I would say yes.

My daughter used to do this with family and they would bring friends. I actually took a bf to a hotel when I was around 15. My parents took all of us to a concert out of town so we had to stay the night in a hotel.
No big deal when everyone involved is trusted.

My kids have their first sleepover at a hotel at 13. We don’t stay in the room with them, and it definitely makes parents uncomfortable. But, as long as the kids are all good kids, there shouldn’t be anything to worry about. We have 1 kid left who will get her sleepover in a little over a year. We’ve never had an issue!

Sure if parents are present.

Yes,if I were in a room down the hall is the only way

Omg I LOVE WATER PARKS. she will have so much fun.

We did that when my daughter was in 5th grade, but I knew all the girls and their parents and my husband wasn’t there past the party portion.

We do this a couple times a year and my daughter always brings a friend her age. My daughter is 15 and her friend 16. Not weird especially if the rooms are connecting. I would never allow them to have their own rooms though

I spent my 16th birthday with my friend travelling to Toronto Canada, with just her and I, until we got to Toronto where her dad picked us up. We spent hours exploring the giant train station before her dad got there. And we lived to tell the tale lol mind you that was in 1996 :rofl:

The point of my story is times have changed and it’s scary out there now a days.
If you know the parents well, and you trust them then go for it. If you don’t, I would be iffy to be honest.

I would. But we live in a small city of 17,000. And we know all our friends parents.

Yes, then again my 14 is in sports where they have to go overnight and I’m unable to attend.

I wouldn’t, but it hits personal from home… I had a little cousin. I never got to meet unfortunately but she was killed by her friends from school back in 2020

As long as it’s only girls in the room.

A dad just got caught spiking his daughter’s friends smoothies with sleeping pills at a sleepover(at his home). Ngl, my kid wouldn’t be going unless I was a chaperone as well. But that’s just me.

4 Likes

If I knew and trusted the parents of the friend yes

If they were good friends and you know the parents then yes I would.

I went at 15 to mall of America with a group of friends. Her parents had attached room. We snuck in alcohol and got really drunk. Do not recommend this was over 17 years ago tho

4 Likes

I would if I know the parents; if not then no, did yall hear about that dad that drugged several little girls at a sleepover a few weeks ago? My kids will never stay somewhere I don’t have complete trust in who they are with.

1 Like

Send her with a cell phone and be available if she needs you.

Absolutely. Let her go. Let her have fun. Last year for my son’s birthday we went to a hotel with a pool. It would be disappointing if parents really had that much distrust in me to not send their kids. My boy would have been devastated. If you’re that worried, get her to check in with you a few times a day. Also, predators these days aren’t out snatching kids anymore, they are on social media grooming these kids and getting them to meet up. It may seem not as safe as when we were kids, but it’s the exact same. When we were kids, we didn’t hear about all the snatchings, but now that EVERYTHING is on social media, we hear about all of it and seems less safe. It’s not. Let your kids live a little.

4 Likes

Yes. I had hotel birthday parties as a teen and they were the best

Yes!
I was doing way worse at 15 :laughing:

As long as you know mom and dad well and know there’s not any craziness let her go. But if it was a random party at a little hotel room **** no she can send them a card

How is it weird for dad to be there if he is there with his wife would you rather no parent be there ?

If I trust the parents, I would allow.

If you trust her and the parents then why not?

Hard No. I can take you. We can get a room and you can hang out with your friends in the park. Im following you around though. Fuck that. Im not risking your safety because you want to feel grown.

Why would anyone come on social media to ask a question like this… it’s your child & if you are asking social media what you should do… then you obviously don’t trust your child (not mature enough) to go… I would never come on social media and ask a question like this about my child. As one woman stated earlier anyway… the world has always been crazy… it’s just we hear about it more now that there is social media. You are the only one who can make this decision it’s your child… coming on here you now have an array of answers & will be really thinking about all the negative answers more then the let her go ones. She is your child so your decision. You know your child better than anyone. Is she mature enough mentally & do you trust her enough & the family enough to let her go? If she is then let her go… don’t not let her go just because your afraid of the world out there, you can’t keep her in a bubble for ever… children have to grow & experience life… not be afraid of it just because a parent is. Again it’s your decision, I hope you really aren’t going to base your answer off of social media. Social media is what makes the world a crazier & horrible world… not just the predators of children either, but of the elderly & the scammer’s!! Make your own decision based on your child & trust of her. Know the family & trust them.