Would you let your 6-year-old get their nails done at a salon?

Would you let you 6 year old get their nails done at a salon? Just painted with gel color. No acrylics.

24 Likes

Yes, I take my 4 year old of manicures and pedicures and she LOVES them and does great

Yes and what better way to have daughter parent time bonding on self care and learning to take care of oneself.

Yes I take my 7 year old all the time

1 Like

My daughter was 2 when she started getting her nails and feet done. It was how I was able to enjoy my pedicure

1 Like

Just painted yes. I’ve done it with my daughter and she loves it

2 Likes

Yeah I got with my 6 year old all the time. She started going at like 4

Yes she loves it, is 8 now and has always enjoyed it

Yes I let mine at 3, recently at 4 she loved it

2 Likes

Absolutely. Shes almost 8 now and I will not go without my little best friend lol Whether I get a regular mani or dip she comes with me.

1 Like

Yes I’ve taken my newborn before to get toes painted

Yea. I’d shes comfortable with it.

3 Likes

I don’t let my daughter get gel on her finger nails, but I have done gel in her toes in the summer. She swims so the polish chips off in a day. Honestly even the gel winds up chipping off after a while.

Absolutely- straight polish though!

My daughters go with me every 2 weeks

My 5yr old goes with me every 2 weeks but we do regular polish for her, I was thinking about trying gel just because she peels the regular off in her sleep.

Yes. I did it maybe 3 times with mine. It was random fun j

2 Likes

My three year old loves to go get her nails painted with me at the salon, one of her favorite things to do :heart:

1 Like

If they can sit still and respect the process, why not?

1 Like

My 6 year old goes with me for pedicures all the time. She has for about 2 years!

1 Like

I would be ok, but avoid the UV lights they use to dry the paint.

1 Like

I took both my daughters just this past summer for my oldest’s 6th birthday they loved it so much!

1 Like

My granddaughter goes and gets gel polish on her nails when her mom gets her nails filled at the salon. It’s just polish

Yes. My son and daughter got their nails done in salons

I let my daughter. But we do regular nail polish.

3 Likes

My five year old loves to get her nails done with her grandparents. Why not?

1 Like

Yes, my daughter was 6 when she first went to a salon. She got her fingers and toes painted. She loved it.

1 Like

Yes !!! Just brought my granddaughter yesterday for st Patty nails :purple_heart:

Salons usually aren’t insured for minors. I just used to do my DC myself.

1 Like

Yes. My 5 year old goes when I go. She loves it.

Yes little girls need to be feminine & pampered, as long as it’s in school holidays :nail_care: 🩷

My daughter started coming with me on her 3rd birthday, she just gets regular polish and I cut her nails before we go. She feels like such a girlie girl coming with me!

1 Like

I’ve been taking my daughter for mani and pedis every year before vacation since she was 4. It’s our little tradition

Depends on the salon. It might go against their insurance policy. Just double check that first.

My daughter started going when she was 2. She WOULD NOT let me cut her nails but she would let them. So for $5 they cut and painted hers, with regular polish.

Yes. Where do you think my 24-year-old got her obsession with nails

My 6 year old has come with me a good 10 times. Maybe more.

Regular nail polish not gel. I take my 7yr old son and let him get a mani here and there when he wants.

3 Likes

I’ve been taking my daughter since she was 5… it’s nice to have that time with her

I have a little tom boy. This is the only real girly thing she enjoys so yes I will gobble these moments up anytime:)

My daughter was 3 when she started

Yes I have with both mine they like being pampered

Ive taken my now 7 year old since she was 3, but just regular polish.

I take my 6 year old have since she was 3 she only gets regular nail polish and she gets pedis with me so they can cut her weird pinky toe nail no gel polish ar acrylics til she’s older

1 Like

yes. i own a nail salon. one my customers has 5 year old triplet girls she brings in one a month and lets them get their nails painted and their toes too. they’re sweet little girls :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

I’m in the minority but no. I don’t believe in little girls doing “women” things but that’s just me. She has tons of time to wear make up and have her nails done, very little time to be a little child. Ask yourself why you do certain things, society tells you to look “pretty” and who the hell does my child need to look “pretty” for? When she’s old enough and wants to, cool no problem, but not until then.

1 Like

If it’s just paint, why not?:woman_shrugging:

Just regular polish but I take my daughter a lot

Idk can’t tell ya. Barely having a baby girl end of July I have 2 boys now. I would maybe just do regular polish but no gel :woman_shrugging:t4:

My 6 year old has more sass :joy: she goes to the nail shop most school holidays gets her hands and feet gel painted and she also goes to the hair salon for a cut wash n finish! :joy::joy:

I would do regular nail polish. Gels are very damming to your natural nails.

11 Likes

Once a week you could set up a little “manicure/pedicure shop” in your kitchen and do them yourself have special snacks and drinks available for them they will love it

My 5 year old (who was 4 at the time) has had her nails painted multiple times when I treat myself to a nail day at the salon. However I only allow them to paint her nails and nothing else.

Sure. As long as she doesn’t bite her nails…

Yes absolutely as long as no mail extensions are performed

Yeah she needs to know how to take care of herself. And getting your hair and nails done is part of self-care

Yea, have done more than once

1 Like

They probably will do regular polish but yes!!

I’m cheap. Not down to pay for that myself, but my sister’s or mom can go ahead and take her.

I have when my duaghter was 4 cause her nails would rip easily so the gel polish helped stop it

1 Like

Yes. I took my girls when they were 2 for the first time. Spent a TON of money for it to last about 48 hours before they were both missing at least one finger/toe polish and we did gel. My recommendation is see if there is a beauty school local that offers services, they are usually priced way cheaper than salons.

Yes. They don’t do a full manicure. They just file and paint them.

These questions are so asinine. You’re the parent. Get her nails done. She isn’t 6 asking for a tattoo. Relax and make a choice without involving the internet. Gee whiz.

My daughter gets normal nail polish.
I see someone say salons aren’t insured for minors, I have never had any issues with a child going.

Yeah don’t bother with the gel though, in my experience it peels off extremely quickly and is a waste of money. Go with regular polish

Yes, but it’s not something I would want to pay for lol. I’m cheap, rather do it at home.

No as the natural oils in a child’s nails could cause the gel to lift off very fast. Nail services are normally recommended for children over the age of 16.

I would at the beginning of the 6 week summer holidays as they aren’t allowed nail polish or false nails at school.

I do my own daughters nails. I use the children’s peel off polish, it’s been designed specifically for children and doesn’t contain all the toxic stuff.

1 Like

If you can afford it go for it

Gels ruined my nails. I no longer do it

Yes. I’d probably just go regular polish rather than gel. Gel is more expensive and children aren’t that careful lmao and it will end up coming off lol. But either way, there’s nothing wrong with having her nails painted and having a nice little girls day at the salon. It’s usually pretty cheap for kids to get their nails done as well.

Gel polish is toxic, can burn while curing and the uv lights used are not good for you
Personally it’s all I use but I wouldn’t use them on a child that young

Waste of money .Paint them yourself save money for what they need

Seeing so many of us go through the same crap with these toxic people.
These badly-raised, toxic, self-centered, disordered humans! Why are there so many of them?! It honestly makes me so angry. I had to cut them off to live a peaceful life What helped me the most is educating myself on codependency and narcissism. Lots of good content on YouTube. Check out @ hackman_andrew85 on instagram, This professional can also get you text messages! call logs! emails, social media all clouds (Deleted and non deleted messages and they were accepted legally in court during my divorce. you can reach out to him on instagram @ hackman_andrew85

Yeah I take my 4 year old all the time when I get my nails done

Yes. Ive been wanting to take my 3 year old.

Yes! I’ve been taking my kids since they were 5+ for manicures and pedicures.

Yes my daughter been going since she was like three years old

We go all the time. However, you are starting an expensive habit that’s hard to break!

My 6 year old goes with me to the salon regularly, she just gets regular polish.

My daughter has been going since she was 6 she loves it

Not gel, it’s damaging, just regular polish. Somehow the nail tech painted flowers on my daughter’s teensy 3-year old nails. Gel nails on my granddaughters got chewed and scraped off anyway so it didn’t last any longer. BTW, my advice would be the same if you had a son.

Why is this even a question why not it’s nail polish not a tattoo