Would you let your child ride a public bus to another state alone?

Hell no not in this day and age with all the human trafficking

1 Like

Fly yes, ride a bus, hell no!

Yes. Public buses are quite safe. You should arrange transport once she reaches her destination, as in it should be there when the bus pulls in.

I rode a greyhound bus from sc to az alone at 13. There were several lay overs with one being in Atlanta for like 9 hours so that was interesting. But I made it. It really depends on how aware and mature the kid is.

1 Like

Depends. Like if a family member is picking her up when she arrives or something then yes

At 16 they can leave home , have sex, have a family rent a house so yes…they can travel alone . But thats UK

Not in today’s world absolutely NOT!!

Hell no not in todays crazy world!

1 Like

I’d feel safer letting her fly because they will let you wait with her at the gate and they have flight attendants that will keep checking on her and whoever is picking her up if they ask they can get a pass to go pick her up at the gate

1 Like

No way. Not the way things are. Not sure I’d go by myself

The way things are now, hell no! When I was 16 maybe.

Id do it pay the extra fee for an unaccompanied minor.last summer my 16 year old son took a plane from ca.to michigan.they gave him all the care in the world.

Too many variables to answer. From which state to other state? How long is the bus ride? Are there transfers? What is the girl like? Is she able to handle herself around adults and speak up if she is uncomfortable? Is she timid and shy? Does she have situational awareness? What is the reason for the trip? Is someone meeting her at each end of the trip or will she have to find her own transportation? People send unaccompanied minors on planes every day, why would a bus be any different?

1 Like

Definitely not. I don’t even think I’d go by myself at this age.

Heck no!!! I had to ride a greyhound bus from here to Colorado Springs in 2007 alone. I was over 21 and I still had a difficult time with single weird guys. Make her carry some sort of protection.

yep - I rode the bus alone at 12…just around town, but idt the distance matters!

sooo many ppl don’t realize it’s a way way safer world out there now than it was 40 years ago!

No way with the way the world is not a chance. There are to many bad people in the world. She probably will get there safe by why take the change. And a lot of times by standers don’t help…

I rode a bus and had to change buses in Cincinnati and as I was waiting I was approached by a pimp… Made him get away from me he kept coming back until airport security took him away. I was 19 at the time a 16 year old is to young…hell at 19 I was to young to travel on a bus alone. It was scary, when you have to wait to make the change to another bus.

Hell no! Human trafficking.

3 Likes

Hell NOT in this day and times it’s not safe going to the grocery store, church or school.

1 Like

Instead of just saying no why not teach her how to be safe. For people saying the world is crazy (which it is) should we stop living. We send our kids to school where they could be killed. We let them get in/ drive cars that can be in an accident and she be kidnapped from right outside of her house. She is almost an adult if you don’t teach her now when and how is she going to learn.

2 Likes

If it’s a one way then yes but if she’s going to be changing buses no !

Yup. I rode one from Oregon to Las Vegas when I was 14 with my best friend before everyone had cell phones and you could track a kid.

I did this about 5 years ago with my friend and it was so scary

Depends on what it’s for. Like going to see another parent or family member then yes I would. Would I also contact her every 20 min. Yesss.

Been on one no he’ll no

1 Like

A one way trip yes. I’d also make sure she has the proper tools to protect herself and knows how to watch her surroundings. I did it at 18 and it is scary but I made sure to stay close to employees at the bus station and watched my surroundings on the ride.

No indeed not! Not in these times

Nope absolutely not!
Anymore you can get a plane ticket for about the same price, & it’s much faster & safer.

starting at age 15 i was traveling from state to state alone, it was fine kept in constant contact with my mom and kept pepper spray on me at all times just incase… luckily never had to use it…

Nope
No
Nada
Zilch
Never ever ever!!!