A random number texted me telling me my spouse was seen with his ex: Advice?

Well by passing the guy back and forth you both have pretty much let him know/think it’s ok. So it could be true. Or could just be the friend wanting to start drama cause they are bored. Either way he sounds like ass.

Just ask him and tell him.what happened and say u wanted to discuss it with him and are not mad or upset u just want to know whats going on or if he he is aware

1 Like

A tiger doesn’t change his stripes. With a history like that, I would believe the random number. If it were me, I would text the number back for more details and see if you get a response. I would also confront him about it. Just keep something in mind, and this is just my personal opinion, if someone does something like that (cheats or goes back and forth) and you allow it, they will continue to do it because YOU allow it. He obviously knows that he can mess with her whenever he wants and you’ll take him back and then he can mess with you whenever he wants and she will take him back. He’s playing both of you and you’re both allowing it. Put an end to it.

3 Likes

Show the bf the text !

Text app. Why would someone use a text app to say this unless it was to install fear doubt and cause problems in your relationship. If there are red flags I would look inward at his actions. Relationships are about mutual trust , respect, etc. If an anonymous outsider can rock ur relationship or trust then you need to build a stronger foundation

1 Like

Simply be like " no pic no proof if you can’t come to me women to women then please leave me alone or harassment charged are happening" let her know it’s done she’s not gonna be stupid with you.

Happened to me my boyfriend and I were good and I got a message he was cheating with his ex and I finally got it out of him he was

1 Like

Girl check his phone :clap: if that text is true leave his ass simple as that

Just because he was seen with his ex doesn’t mean he is cheating.

I wouldn’t because my man wouldn’t cheat. Whoever it is, they’re a liar and just trying to start some drama.

I’d show him the text and say is it true. I cant do this again. I will move on.

2 Likes

TBH I’d wait until he was asleep and then lock myself in the bathroom and go through his phone :woman_shrugging:t3: If I didn’t find anything I’d casually mention the text to him the next day and see his reaction. If I found something he be waking up outside with all of his crap next to him

6 Likes

Sounds like high school drama…

I would show my husband because we are adults now…

3 Likes

My cousin called me once to say she had been going with my boyfriend and that he was there, at her house right that moment. Did I want to talk to him, he wanted to break up with me and be with her. I was like: really? As I was looking at my boyfriend, sitting in my front room…lol People are idiots…lol

3 Likes

So you know it’s the ex and/or the friend… that’s clear. If it’s been a year and they haven’t messaged you and then all of a sudden you get a text, they are trying to reveal and tell you it’s happening again. It’s their way of letting you know, it’s her “haha” moment. If the ex has gone a year without bothering you, why would she start up again, most cheating females don’t care after a year of no contact with their ex, I would definately believe this.

Men that have cheated don’t stop cheating. It’s a sad truth. It’s better than ever because he’s faker than ever, he’s using you for x/y/z while doing what he always does.

4 Likes

You get what you are willing to put up with from a guy. With his history he shouldn’t even be your problem now.

7 Likes

Girl you need to talk to him. And with no names or anything it’s probably then being a bitch so, talk to your boyfriend

Are y’all teenagers? This sounds like teenager shit

I’d definitely want to talk to this person. If they sent you the text then no further communication then it’s likely a lie. If this was a husband of a woman your bf is cheating with how did he get your number? How does he know that you’re his gf?

1 Like

my guess is somebody messing with you because they want your man. other wise they’d call you or tell you to your face

He has A child with this other woman right? It could be nothing more than parenting. I would definitely ask him!!! His reaction should tell you. Also, don’t let drama into your relationship …

Text the back “Mind your business “

I’d believe that someone else had noticed how well my relationship was going this time and was trying to screw it up. The truth doesn’t hide behind random phone apps.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. A random number texted me telling me my spouse was seen with his ex: Advice? - Mamas Uncut

it is 2021 tell them you want proof. Pics video’s, texts something

2 Likes

Pics or it didn’t happen.

6 Likes

Would’ve left and not gone back after the first time.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t believe them. But I’d definitely be on high alert and extra vigilant about being aware.

Did u ask him? Next time u get a text, say u want proof

Talk to him about it. If you still feel the need to find out follow him🤷‍♀️

I would show him the text and let him address it how he handles it will speak volumes

4 Likes

If you feel like y’all are in a good place in your relationship then just ask him. Ask to look at his phone, Facebook, etc…if he doesn’t have anything to hide then it shouldn’t be a problem.

2 Likes

Communication is key

I would not believe them but I wouldn’t let it pass. Meaning … I would observe his behavior first. Perhaps ask him, but that would be like a third option.
After that, if I notice something suspicious in his behavior, then l would definitely become an FBI agent jajaj … I really mean it.

1 Like

Most cheating happens when u think things are good. But there’s several things that are conflicting here: 1. he has a past of doing it so there is no trust 2. They have a past of harassing u. So my advice here is if he has nothing 2 hide straight up ask 2 see his phone and go through his history. Definitely go with whatever gut feeling u have. Ask 4 proof or look 4 red flags that have been giveaways before of him cheating. However u said it is his other baby momma so they need 2 be around each other 4 childs sake but there shouldn’t be any intimate situations going on other than a quick hug or maybe a peck on check. Definitely shouldn’t been seen somewhere alone without the kid unless it’s just that important of a conversation and then it goes back 2 having complete trust in him that nothing will or is happening and it sounds like u just dont have it based on past experiences. Goodluck

Ask him and watch his response

3 Likes

Nope, although I can’t prove it if it was my ex for sure, but both our ex’s pulled something similar to this on both my husband and I. When I called the number that the text came from to him, there was no answer, I left a very not so kind message and it stopped after that. My hubby’s ex tried to tell him that I was a golddigger and that I was cheating on him but she never even met me at that point yet

You can feel when something is off, trust that.

I’d be insisting on picture proof and to know who the witness actually was.

1 Like

Even though there is a back story and history. You do need to know there is a spam message going around saying they met someone over an “app” but it’s spam related. I got one not to long ago and it’s the sketchy spam message

1 Like

I would be asking for proof.
& then telling/asking him about it to see what his response is, and how he reacts.

I don’t believe in the saying “once a cheater, always a cheater”, however if it’s happened multiple times, I think you have a right to question it.

Leave him. If he has cheated before he will do it again and if you can’t trust him now you never will.

1 Like

I’ve had issues with my SO being shady, and so when I got a random Facebook message, I confronted him and he said he pissed her off and she wants revenge. Well I asked her for proof, which she said she had, but funny enough never got around to sending it. It’s not the first time, either. And while I know some women can be freaking awful, I won’t say it doesn’t bother me. But in this case def sounds like it’s someone trying to ruin the relationship. If I was trying to do someone a solid I wouldn’t hide behind a text app. That’s just me though. But I get having a hard time trusting a partner who has lost that trust at some point. It’s hard to get back!

Just me, but I’d text the number back and ask for more to the story
You’ll be able to tell if they’re lying and making it up. It may not even be someone you know who is just “pranking”

Ignore it. You need to either trust him or move on. If you, yourself, see or find him doing suspicious things then fine but don’t listen to random people who cant even own up to who they are.

2 Likes

Just ask. You have to decide if you trust him or not. If you have any trust in him then you should trust his answer. If you believe he would lie to you then maybe things aren’t so good

Ask for proof. No proof, tell them to come back next time with proof. Ask your SO as well. People suck.

You need to address it with him. Dont say that you believe the random person, just say hey I got this message is there anything you need to tell me or do you know anything about this? That kind of approach

1 Like

The text now number is most likely his ex and I would believe her.

1 Like

Talk to him about it …you can tell when a man is lying to you tell him about it an if you feel like it’s from his ex lying then it’s possible but ya need to communicate with your so

How did you find out previously?

Oh Lord. Be an adult and ask your spouse.

1 Like

I would believe it. Experience has shown me, once a cheater always a cheater. Not everyone is out to get ya, some do have your back.

1 Like

Confront him and see how he reacts.

2 Likes

Honestly you have to trust your partner. If they cheat on you or go behind your back they will most likely end up doing it again. So in my experience if you mess up you gotta move on if you are not able to trust that person or if you question yourself even doubt or go through their phone that is too much might as well just move on. All you can do is ask and the truth always comes out if he lied than you know what to do.

Talk to him about the text/call

Show him the message and assess his reaction, go from there

5 Likes

Pics or it didnt happen

2 Likes

Give the benefit of the doubt. Anyway whats hidden in the dark will sooner or later come out in the light. Dont waste energy being angry at something unsure.

2 Likes

I would investigate for myself and if it is true go from there cuz thats some bullshit on his part

U already he know that in the past he goes back and forth honestly what makes u think he will ever stop

4 Likes

Ask him about it. Just tell him that you aren’t accusing, but you want to know why someone would say that. I’ll be honest, this did happen to me. Except it was the ex that point blank told me my then-bf cheated on me with her. I defended him because we were good. I straight up was about to call cops on her for breaking into his house (she had taken selfies in his house). He denied denied until he realized he couldn’t keep lying. He told me the truth and it broke me. We were together for almost a year at that point. Sometimes it is just troublemakers, other times it’s troublemakers telling the truth (bragging).

I’m sure the ex is the one sending you the message. My question is, why are you staying? :woman_shrugging:
I really wouldn’t care what is going on with this current situation but why have you stayed with a man that keeps doing this? You must not value yourself, love yourself or have any self-respect. Pretty sad :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

No I wouldnt believe it without a picture or some evidence

What does your gut tell ya… have a conversation with him about what happened go from there… my now husband and I had issues in our past but if he shows he has legit changed from your past then why the trust issues with him from a random text?? Ask yourself what you would tell a friend if they were in the same situation

My husband cheats on me repeatedly… But…

About 4 years ago I had one of those STD texts saying someone you were with has contracted an std and that I needed to get tested…
I don’t have no std, I had just had a baby, my husband didn’t have an std. Because neither of us has ever had anything while being together.

I did learn that their are websites that you can put someone’s number in and it will sent them a generic email stating someone you’ve been with has an std, just to mess with people.

I personally think it was either my ex or his ex. I never investigated because it was stupid and childish.

So I bet any money its his ex messing with you but I’d still confront him and see his reaction

Ignore those texts/calls. I look at it this way, if they are big enough to throw that info at you then they need to be big enough to tell you to your face. Forget those woes. The relationship is between you and your man and if you and he are in a good place/the best yet then don’t let anyone rock the boat. Past is past focus on the present and hope for the best in the future. Quit worrying about what other people say if you want the truth go straight to the source. Regardless everything comes out in the wash. Just enjoy the happiness.

2 Likes

Worried about looking stupid? Sorry but you have already been made a fool the first time he went back to his ex.

1 Like

Where there’s smoke…

If your gut is already saying that you trust it I would leave. Your gut and subconscious is telling you that you don’t trust him no matter how good things seem to be. You are standing in the way of your own happiness where you never have to worry if he was a good partner.

Ask him and see his reaction

Well first off the person messaging you def has reasons for contacting you, whether it’s true or not, I would def sit your hubby down and show him the message and if he gets super angry I’d say he’s guilty!! Pay attention to the signs

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. A random number texted me telling me my spouse was seen with his ex: Advice? - Mamas Uncut

I’d honestly believe it if he has a history! Someone has been considering how to tell you. I’ve been the one not believed when I told my best friend once that her husband was cheating. The Next time I sent a picture. Normally I wouldn’t have even got in their business but we’d been friends like sister’s almost 30 years

2 Likes

Honestly just the fact that he’s been back and forth and hasn’t put a stop to his ex harassing you I would leave. That sounds like a mess waiting to happen when you have adults acting like children. It looks like it’ll only get worse and he’s not stepping up to do anything about it.
A good place to me isn’t my significant others ex and her friends harassing me and the fact the he’s ever left to go back so maybe you need to set some different standards especially if you want to protect yourself.
He doesn’t sound like he knows what he wants and when you blend families you have to be careful if you don’t want a stressful crazy life. His ex will be part of his life forever because of the children so that’s what you need to decide if you want to put up with.

It’s just my opinion but it could possibly be that it is someone who just wants to put thoughts in your head to cause problems and put doubt in your mind if he’s being faithful or not especially since you say you guys are now in a good place … The past is just that the past … If they call from random numbers and there is no real evidence then I would TRUST HIM until HE gave me a reason not to … There is always signs in someone’s behavior that they are cheating … Listen to your gut … If you do discover he is cheating then move on FOR YOURSELF …

1 Like

I would talk to him. My SIL had the same thing happenm random text app number texted her fiance saying she was cheating on him. Gave no proof and said their unborn son wasnt his (totally his son). If there’s no other proof like pictures or where they saw them I would just talk to him.

3 Likes

One thing I’ve learned about cheating me they will deny it flip it on u and start a whole ass fight and good chance storm out when u ask them if he dose these then good chance his doing it but if he actually stays calm and tells u no not at all and is showing that he has nothing to hide then the lil girls are just starting there shit

1 Like

I know you shouldn’t have to but change your number if u can so them ppl will stop getting ahold of you. Sit him down and talk to him about it. If he starts getting mad bc ur asking or tries to avoid the whole convo then leave bc that means it was true. I believe in the if it happened once itll happen again.

Whoever it is knows you’re worth more than this

Maybe Considering his past behavior.You could check him once & awhile.

No. Something similar happened and after I asked specific questions I could tell it was BS

1 Like

My entire family has the life 360 app. It shows where we are at all times. We have teenagers and this way if anything happened we would know where to look. Hubby and I have been married 16 years. When we first got together, his ex did the same thing and even sent us a note saying she would kill me to be able to get me out of the way so she could have him back. We moved and changed phone numbers and no issues since. Change your phone number. His ex dont need your number and this way she cant mess with you anymore. However if he keeps going back to her in the future, you dont deserve to be sloppy seconds. Respect yourself and move on and never look back. Good luck.

1 Like

Do you have a gut feeling if he’s cheating on you?
Is he always on his phone?
Is he disrespectful to you?
If your answers no, then he’s probably not cheating

1 Like

Umm… my first thought was… if it was true, why hide the identity of who you are. " hey… this is so and so… and just wanted to let you know I seen …etc" why so discreet? And with no details.

Second… if that’s what they did in the past, texting you discreetly and its the same emo… walks like a duck quacks like a duck… it’s a duck!

You guys are better then ever… and she probably knows that given he hasnt went back. I would ask him and go from their.

Can you track his phone activity to see where he goes. Apple tracker device slip it in his gym bag or car under seat track his where abouts. If you have evidence it’s easier to prove cheating

Once a cheater always a cheater. Clearly trust issues.

“A random number texted me telling me my spouse was seen with his ex:”

I’ve known kids to pull pranks like that from untraceable apps.

“If a person using a private number/text app messaged you are saying you’re SO is cheating on you, would you believe them?”

I wouldn’t believe or disbelieve. I certainly would KINDLY show it to the SO without attitude and accusations.

“we have been together on/off for over three years - he’s had a past of going back and forth between me and his other children’s mother.”

After 3 yrs of proof that he isn’t going to be faithful, why did you allow yourself to continue in this relationship, unless it didn’t bother you, which is okay.

“I’m conflicted as to whether or not to believe the message from this morning.”

The first step, is to ask the SO. Has that been done? The SO might be honest about it. Don’t try to believe it or not. Get yourself prepared with a plan for how to handle your situation if it’s true, then proceed to ask him for the facts.

“I don’t want to be wrong and look stupid.”

You don’t need to be wrong or right. There’s nothing stupid about deserving to know what is going on.

'Obviously, you can’t tell me whether or not he’s cheating"

Correct, but the SO can and with his history, the question is a valid one.

3 Likes

No offense to u but once a cheater/go behind ur back always a cheater and will always go behimd ur back…sounds like hes stuck in high school hes not a real man

1 Like

Why don’t you just ask him instead of wasting time wondering. Got to build trust and move on or leave somewhere

Show him the text, someone might be starting shit, including the ex. They do have kids together so yeah they might would be seen together. That don’t mean anything else is going on.

1 Like

It is probaly her messaging you

As an experiment out of the blue ask to hold his phone you wanna look something up or make an excuse to need it. If he hesitates there’s your answer. He obviously would have something to hide. If he hands it right over then either he has nothing to hide or it’s hidden very well.

Sounds like its the same game over over with the 3 of you

Ask him and his reaction should give u the answer. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

You always gonna have haters and ppl jelous of your relationship don’t beleive he say she say do your own investigation tell him about the call see his response ask him to see his phone if he has no problem with it there’s no issue and as far as looking stupid don’t worry about how others think you look love your man let him love you because honestly if he was cheating with someone ex why they calling you that’s there “ex” and why a private number … if they call again tell them to meet up with you and your man with the evidence other wise you don’t beleive it

People will do anything to cause trouble

1 Like

Id follow em and see what he does and that way up know put a tracker app on his phone and follow em be ur own detective that way it he is doing anything wrong ul see it with ur own eyes