A random number texted me telling me my spouse was seen with his ex: Advice?

If you cannot trust then MOVE ON

I wouldn’t tell him about the app. But I would have an adult convo with him. Theres always 50/50 chance of it being true or someone trying to stir the pot because they know you are doing good. It’s just time to put the cards on the table. For respect and love for yourself and respect and love for your children. Believe me, you don’t want to spend the rest of your life repairing damaged children because you chose to stay. Not saying this to be malicious or facetious but its selfish on behalf of the kids. I can say this because I am that person. Unfortunately. :pensive: it breaks me everyday to know I could have made better choices for my kids. I was and am and always will be a good mom but it wasnt worth the hurt I put my children through just to want a family that turned out to be very toxic. I thought I could “fix” it. Boy was I wrong and they still turned out amazing but they are truly hurting and damaged and will hurt for the rest of their lives.

I suppose I’d ask for a date and time. If it lines up with a time you know the two of you were not together, with his history, I’d question it.

It’s like you… look a fool. Why stay with him if he has a past of doing that. Just leave. You don’t need a man to complete you. Be independent stop being dependent on a loser. Who doesn’t know which hole he wants.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. A random number texted me telling me my spouse was seen with his ex: Advice? - Mamas Uncut

That you keep going back with him is where my problem with everything you say is.

IF he’s not staying true to you… WHY do you keep taking him back???

Obviously you are his fallback girl and THAT is sad!!!

A little self esteem will work so well for you in this case.

Try to find out how true it is and, IF it is true… THIS TIME, let him go for good!

You deserve better if you ask me.

8 Likes

If they had no actual proof like a picture screen shot , or actual date or time or anything that could place him in that then I wouldn’t believe it, also sometimes a person who may be a mutual friend may do this to keep from getting g In the middle and destroying friendship especially if its a friend of both of yours. Next time ask more questions of what date time it was supposed to happen and if they had visual proof like a picture or screen shot, if someone who was legit looking out for your wellbeing would provide proof,

6 Likes

You should bring it up with him even just for the sake of communication. Don’t accuse. Just tell him about it. See how he reacts. Trust is very hard to get back. Years worth of work and effort on both sides. If he has this history then it’s clear he could do it again. But if he loves you and you’re worth it he wouldn’t make you feel stupid in this situation. He may not give you proof that he isn’t but he wouldn’t make you feel stupid for bringing it up

5 Likes

I’d ask for proof. If they can’t provide none, I’d still tell my SO. But to be honest, sounds like way too much potential for a life full of drama. I’d find someone else.

4 Likes

I’d ask for proof of it. If they can’t provide that, then speak directly to your man. It sounds like y’all have a lot of drama in the span of your relationship already. I’m finding it hard to trust after one incident in my relationship, I would never be able to trust him after multiple times going back & forth. He needs to make a choice here. I’m glad if things are going well for you - but do not settle for a man who can’t make up his mind!

It’s Mercury retrograde so it’s definitely possible, do you know where he was on that day? I would talk to him about it and tell him if that’s what he wants and you don’t want him in your life and to stop wasting your time

4 Likes

The message says seen with? They have kids together, so that is entirely possible? Either way. If it was me, I would just tell my partner about the text and ask his opinion!

3 Likes

I would disreguard it bc it sounds like someone stirring the pot. Anytime someone is being genuine with such information they do not go about it in such a childish manner.

2 Likes

I don’t believe once a cheater always a cheater… so ask him… you never know …the ex might be doing it…she is super jealous she can’t get him to go back to her for all you know?? I don’t understand all the games people want to play with mixed messages, and why people even come here of all places for relationship advice!!! Talk to the one your with!!

The fact that you even have to ask for advice or question your bf is enough to tell me you shouldn’t be with him! Issues seem far deeper than random text!

1 Like

Asking him won’t do a damn thing because Bitches are bitches and they’ll try to ruin your shit if you’re happy and cheaters are always cheaters. You should trust him enough to know this answer. If not, you need to leave anyways. You just answered yourself. If he did it he’d gonna lie anyways lol

1 Like

Obviously someone who knows enough to have your number … I think he’s cheating. Ik people are messy, but to go out the way & make a whole txt now just to spread a lie. That’s middle school shit. To me this seems more like they just wanting to let u know.

If they are late getting home without a good explanation Do not kiss them!!
U may get some DNA that u don’t want!!! :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Meaning if he did it once and u took him back, why wouldn’t he do it again???

Another vote on asking him. Hard conversations are just that, hard. If he says no, then your choice to believe him or not. Don’t worry yourself with speculation and unknown numbers. Just confront it head on. Prayers Mama! :blue_heart:

5 Likes

I wouldn’t outright believe them but I would start conducting my own investigation.

14 Likes

Run away, now. You say he “has a history”. It hasn’t changed.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t think too hard on it because a lot of women these days don’t like to see people happy in their relationship and most of the times it’s their ex who starts it. If I were you I would just wait for him to come home and show him the message and kind of laugh it off and see how he acts. Good luck hun

If my husband’s ex did that I would show it to him and see how he would respond. You would know if he did anything wrong or not. I would just laugh and show him and go from there. My husband has never cheated but I did have his exs texting me all the time.

Once a cheater, always a cheater🤷🏻‍♀️

Maybe you should have a chat with him, show him the message and just ask him… normally you can tell if someone is back to their old ways by how they act/respond.

1 Like

Unless shown actual proof… Then no. But… I would confront him🤷 and see how he reacts SC just ask him about it and tell him that I was messaged and told this. My ex best friend has tried to pull this stuff with my husband and I. It came out as not true. But, I confronted him. And got to the bottom of it lol and the chick that was claiming to have some kinda relationship with my husband(not really any actual proof long story lol) felt bad, cause my ex best friend slept with her boyfriend… And then she hoped she didn’t ruin our marriage🤦 but… Also… The fact he’s done it multiple times in the past? And you keep taking him back?? I get one time, and you try and work things out, okay… But… Them he repeats it… And you go back… Over and over… They know you’re gonna always go back also… So they won’t stop… Cause you’ll always be there for them to fall back on🤷

I’d believe it considering the history :woman_shrugging:

Just hand him the phone and say do you know what this is about? His reaction should tell you what you need to know.

15 Likes

Also, they have kids together… So they can def be seen together and it be innocent?

Hand him the phone, let him read it, and see his reaction. That will tell you all you need to know

Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see.

Believe only what you catch him doing. Nothing else

This has been happening to alot of ppl! I seen someone post about it earlier

Show it to him and talk about it

You will have to wonder forever, literally, bec he didn’t just cheat on you once, he did it repeatedly. Obviously he’s got both you guys manipulated regardless of this incident, id show him the door

Show it to him and ask him🤷‍♀️

If it’s true, do yourself and your child a favor and let him go… FOR GOOD! Stop allowing him to treat you like that.

22 Likes

Id say ya ur ex told me y’all been seeing each other.

Put gps tracker on phone and car with out telling him. Then you will know for sure

You already look stupid. Shove the relationship up his ass. Just thr pure fact you can say he goes back and forth. It will never end he still loves her.

If they can’t be forward with you on who they are I would be inclined to not believe them. Why hide?

If there’s a history of him going and coming back then deep down you know the answer, (we’re not all that bitter ex) similar story except I’m the ex BM he’s been trying to come back too, I tried letting her know but she wants to believe him and they both want to act like I’m the crazy one for letting her know his approaches bcus in her head “I want him back” lol I’ve been moving on and living my best life without him just my boy and I so I’m not trying that again I rather avoid drama and I didn’t think I would get drama for doing the right thing but even with proof, when a person doesn’t love themself enough to know their worth they’ll continue to stay there.Been there done that and learned my lesson the hard way now he’s doing it to her and it’s her turn to learn I guess, after all she knew he was cheating on me with her so I’m over it and not getting involved anymore. I’ll just continue to ignore his approaches like I’ve been doing so far, I’m not about to go from being the wife to being a side piece I learned to love myself enough to not allow that.

Do you have kids with him? If not just get out of there. No one needs that drama

1 Like

I’d show my partner the message and see his reaction. I’d be like I had the strangest message today and pass him the phone. It keeps your relationship honest and give him a chance to open up if he’s messed up

4 Likes

Put an airtag on his vehicle. $30 and you’ll know.

1 Like

It’s probably her…I would just ask him

1 Like

Recently went threw this, turned out to be the girl he was cheating with messaging me…

1 Like

Why do you stay if he keeps going back and forth you deserve better than that. Just sayin

Lol I had someone tell me my husband was out having sex while I was home with our daughter. Funny thing was we just got done having sex and trying for baby #2 when I got the text. It ended up being his ex girlfriend who has off and on tried to break us up because she said I stole him from her. If you’re in a good place ignore it.

Tell said person to pound salt unless they have proof seems like someone knows the pattern and wants to cause problems never accuse unless you have all the proof and facts to present him with it if he lies about it after you have the proof pack his bags and send him on the way you deserve better than that know your worth

They always make you feel like you’re in a good place. You’re not.

I wouldn’t worry or obsess with it. If you have a good gut intuition in your relationship now, don’t let some petty ass shit ruin it. It’s more than likely BM or her friend.

And if he DOES go back to her again, let his ass go and it’s time to move on, but I wouldn’t mention it or start a fight.

No way. Now prank texting is a thing. I’ve also been harassed by someone using the google text app so no I don’t believe anybody

No way way would I believe a random num

The way your man is,is how it’s gonna be forever.you took that responsibility when you took your bd back…

Yep… I believed it and it was true

Just tell him you got a text and show it to him🤷‍♀️

Too much drama for you and your little. If there’s been a history of her harassing you and him going back to her - leave. There’s so many people out here that won’t cause you this much stress.

Ask him. If u can’t trust that he is honest with you then u shouldn’t be with him

This exact situation happened to my friend and it turned out to be true that her boyfriend cheated

I would just ignore it, that message was sent upset you. Don’t let it. If you both are happier then ever then I would say this message was sent out of spite.

Continue being happy… it’s drives people crazy! Enjoy your life and relationship.