Advice on my relationship?

You need to move on. You deserve to be happy.

2 Likes

Unfortunately you were his rebound. :frowning:

3 Likes

Stop wasting your time on someone that doesn’t appreciate you.
Move on.

4 Likes

Don’t beg a man to love you. You deserve more. Leave…not only for you but for your kids.

3 Likes

You deserve to have someone who is head over heels for you too :heart:

2 Likes

You can’t make somebody do something they don’t want to do and for all you know he might have another relationship.

He was in a relationship for 12 years! He had a month alone! He probably needs time to get his emotions together! Give him space! If he truly cares for you he will find you!

3 Likes

He may of told you that you both started talking one month after they split after 12 years!
You jumped in too quick and turned out to be the rebound.

Awe Ladies, please do not complain about doing everyday housework.
We all do it.

1 Like

12 years is a long time. I split with Someone after almost 9 years and didn’t take time for me before jumping into the next. I thought I was head over heals falling, but what I was doing was hand over fist trying to not hurt and keep myself happy with everything about him that would fill my time. However, the newness falls off, life gets back to how it’s supposed to be, but that old person is gone and this new person that you really hardly know has taken their place. It’s confusing and sometimes frustrating…… maybe he doesn’t know what he wants at all bc he just hasn’t had time to figure it out, but yet he’s afraid to be alone or do life alone, esp since he has kids and you help so much with them… it’s a hard one girl. He may in fact be missing his ex or what they had together even if he’s sure he’s done and has moved on. Honestly it’s just something that can’t be forced. Time will tell and he may need more than he got…. Or is now getting. This may be true bc of how you act, how you look at him and how much you help him with his kids and everything that has to do with home. It’s prob hard to admit that he wants to be alone bc he’s grown accustomed to having you there helping and even playing house. Guys are so hard to read girl, maybe just give him his space and peace to figure himself out.

U should move on and find a man that will treat u like a Queen and let you know every day that u are the most beautiful woman in the world and will love your kids like they was his and interact with all their activities u and the kids should be happy

Honey, when people show you who they are…believe them. If he’s acting like this now, it will only get worse as time goes on. Just rip the bandaid off and leave.

3 Likes

I would simply pack up and go and let him figure his shit out. You should never have to beg someone to be apart of your life!!

He’s seeing someone else and wants you to be the one that ends it.

He asked for space, and you aren’t respecting his wishes. That’ll only push him farther away. Don’t talk to him, and then he will eventually talk to you, it’s never not worked for me….and this is what happens when you rush relationships. And your kids are your kids, not his so you shouldn’t expect him
To take on that responsibility when y’all barely know each other.

I also feel he isn’t being loyal to you at all. He’s definitely sleeping around it sounds like.

1 Like

So sorry you are having to go thru this…God puts people in your life and he takes them out of your life so YOU can find your true purpose…walk away and do not question why…for whatever reason…it’s for your benefit

Sounds like you were his rebound. 12 yrs is a long time and if it was just a few months of him being split from that one……

Its done.Hes moved on.

12 years is a really long time invested into someone. He may not admit he’s hurting in anyway but I guarantee you he is. Dosnt mean he dosnt love you

He told u he needed space to figure out what he wants. Why are u still there? Just go and let this man deal with whatever he is dealing with. Better for your kids enrolling in a new school too than being exposed to this emotional codependency going on.

He’s talking/engaging with somebody else. Sorry but the truth lies In plain sight.

He’s not ready to be step daddy
You said it yourself he and his ex ONLY talk about their kids which is how it should be
YOU need to slow WAY down, you’re just his rebound chic and you AND your kids will be the ones hurt

I sense he is seeing someone else…hiding in the garage not wanting to deal-hope I’m wrong though, sounds like you live together already(no judgment here) … Such a tough situation, but it sounds like you might want to start planning to move on…in all areas for u & your kids…he sounds done…almost like a guilty done.,.best of luck to you

Tell him to decide. Dragging you on is hurting you.