Advice on tinder as a single mom?

“Would it be weird if I went on Tinder to try to get back into dating when I have a 4-month-old? Her father and I haven’t been together since I was three months pregnant, and I’m not sure if men will find it weird/be turned off that I am on tinder when I have a young baby. Thoughts?

19 Likes

I had a boyfriend when my son was 2 months old

Fuck what they think go you

I actually know some guys who would prefer to be involved with a newer mom rather than a mom of older children because of the ability to bond with the baby. Really, if you feel ready, go for it.

3 Likes

If you feel like your ready to start dating again then go for it. This is your life.

1 Like

Absolutely not! Go for it girlfriend :blush:

Why not. Just dont introduce the baby and person until you really know them and have been out on a few dates. Never know who may turn out to be a weirdo (even in dating outside of meeting someone online). Momma deserves to be happy too!

4 Likes

Be honest. List it on your profile and you will attract the right person. What you put out in to the universe you get back. If you lie about it you won’t like the result.

2 Likes

Guys prefer young kids and alot of them are surprisingly happy rasing someone’s else’s kid.
The guy I’m with we met on facebook through my sister he came home from his job met me and told him " this is my son hes my number one I cant have any more" together 2 years engaged 7 months now and my son just adores him an vise versa go for it you can be happy too momma!

3 Likes

I’d try it take it slow

Tinder is a hook up site. It is not a dating site. Do you really want to be bringing strange men into your childs life.

8 Likes

If you want an actual relationship I wouldn’t use tinder… it’s more of a hook up site…

5 Likes

I did it at 3 months and I was legit not ready all I did was talk about my kid :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I met my current husband on tinder in 2018… I had a 2 and 4 year old and so did he. We’ve since gotten married and are now expecting our 5th and final child this coming Friday.

Just use common sense and filter out the trash like you would anywhere else…

6 Likes

Go for it nothing wrong with it

1 Like

Nothing weird about it

Do whatever you feel is right but also be super honest but also be very careful too.

Everyone saying it’s just for hookups clearly hasn’t used the app. There’s obviously people there just for hookups and there’s obviously people they’re looking for relationships it’s your choice which one you pursue

8 Likes

I’m on tinder :woman_shrugging:t2: have been on and off of it since I had my son who is now almost 16months old. I make it clear on there I’m not looking for nothing serious at the moment but also no hookups, just simply friends and if it leads to a relationship then so be it.

Try bumble!! Much safer!

2 Likes

I met my man on tinder. I did go on a million dates with guys that weren’t looking for anything real but I made it clear that wasn’t what I was looking for. Then I found him and we’ve been together ever since. Obviously be safe and meet in a public place for first dates but I don’t see anything wrong with it.

I did probably around the same time. I met someone great. Just be careful, listen to your head and heart and be honest with what your looking for and who you are. If someone doesn’t like it, they aren’t right for you

Friendly advice: dont post that you have a child… sickos look for that kinda thing… just bring it up over a date its a good conversation topic really not a big deal to most guys if they like you for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Dating sites are what you make it…its at least a good way to get yourself out there.

Met my fiancé on tinder :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: We both have boys that were 1 at the time

I wouldnt use tinder. Its for hook ups. Not real relationships. But plenty of dudes will not care that u have a baby. And the ones who do care are not worth your time anyways

Wait till the shelter at home orders are lifted. He’ll be stuck at your place eating all the snacks.

6 Likes

Bumble worked for me! Been together 2 years and have a 5 month old! Bumble you have to reach out to the guy. So you won’t get weirdos bothering you

Tinder is not a safe place to meet someone.

Read a tinder horror story once of a woman was dropped off by her date. Few hours later, she woke up during the night and hed broken into her house. Cops found plastic sheeting and a set of knives that he had brought. Super terrifying.

If you’re going to online date, be safe. NEVER give your address. NEVER meet him alone. ALWAYS meet in a public place and take your own car. ALWAYS tell a friend or family member who you are going out with.

3 Likes

Before the days of tinder…my mom started dating my step-dad when was 5 months pregnant. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I met my husband on tinder in May 2015. Since then we have gotten married, had a kid, and now are about to welcome another one.

Be safe though, the first few dates always meet in public. And make sure to filter the trash out. And definitly stalk social media after you initially meet and get a last name.

I used Tinder. It’s as safe as you make it. If you make unsafe decisions, then you’ll end up in unsafe situations. If you meet someone, do it in public, during the day and let someone know where you are. Be honest that you have a kid because it is a dealbreaker for some people. Honestly, I didn’t have time to start dating until recently… and then, boom pandemic. When my little was still an infant, it was just about getting my shit together for him and between that, caring for him, custody, work and school, dating took a backseat.

No gurl you do you I’m 4 months pregnant and douche bag left when I was one month pregnant. I have a tinder for platonic relationships just so I can make friends and not be socially restricted just cause I’m a mom

It’s actually easier to date while they are babies. Once they get bigger you won’t have any free time to date and you will have to be careful who they get attached to as they get older.

1 Like

I personally don’t date men who have infants because I feel like even if they weren’t together the day she found out she was pregnant 9 months is not long enough to work on yourself before jumping into another relationship I’m not trying to walk into a whole mess jmo 🤷

4 Likes

Don’t meet people online…

1 Like

Just be careful and don’t let him meet baby unless you’ve been together a long time. I casually met my boyfriend when my daughter was 8 months old. We’re long distance so about 8 months in we finally got to meet in person and then a few days later I let my daughter meet him. Just watch out for any red flags, sadly there’s alot of sick people out there wanting to get to the kids.

1 Like

I was pregnant and on tinder. Found my wife. It’s definitely possible. :heart:

3 Likes

Some people might, but you wouldn’t want to date then anyways… Do you and try to not worry. I know easier said than done, but as long as that baby comes first, you don’t have to worry about what people think. I wasted a lot of time thinking about what people thought.

1 Like

I met my husband on pof in 2014 I was 8 months pregnant. So no not weird just dont introduce your baby so fast try and find some one with a kid that’s what I did. Most guys with kids are more serious about finding some one.

Keep your private life private :relaxed:

I met my boyfriend on Tinder! Been together for almost a year come June!!

I met my husband on tinder going on six years together! … Just be up front and honest with what you want and don’t let anyone waste your time

1 Like

My ex left me when I was 4 months pregnant. I started dating again when baby was 5 months. I found the love of my life and married him when my baby was over a year. My baby loves him soo much. And he accepted me and my 4 kids and is so good to us.
Go for it!

1 Like

Having a kid doesnt mean you cant date, but be careful of pedos that are after you for your kid.

1 Like

Good luck. It’s u that looking to meet someone if someone want to be with u it shouldn’t matter weather u got a child or not

Your baby is 4 months christ concentrate on them for now tinder is not the place to meet someone you’ll have around your baby

4 Likes

After my daughter of 5 years I got on tinder best descion after weeding through I found my handsome man been together for almost a year my most successful relationship :green_heart: especially cause I wasn’t looking for one just a little fun and found way more !!

Do what you want. My friend met her husband on tinder :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

I met my now husband on plenty of fish. My son was 2 year old but i don’t think it would be too weird. Just take it slow. Start off talking. Be candid. And make sure you explain exactly what you’re looking for/wanting.

Being a mom don’t mean you shouldn’t do things that would make you happy. If you’re wanting to date, or find someone to love you and, your baby… Then go for it. Just be smart about it and, don’t let it completely consume your time. Momma’s need them time and, have needs too. So if your able to do that for yourself responsibility… More power to you!

I didn’t meet my boyfriend on tinder but we met at
Work and honestly having a baby doesn’t stop you from doing what makes you happy… my daughter was 10months old when I started dating him and honestly she loves him… I was scared that having a child would wierd him out but he has always said that he wouldn’t have it any other way he loves my daughter like his own and that’s what matters. You’ll find the right guy and you’ll know it :two_hearts:

Our health officer in Newfoundland CA. Has some advise for people using these applications during the world wide epidemic CODVID19 and its soooo funny :joy:

I was a single mom of 2 and I went on tinder. I found my significant other. We have been together over 2 years. Found out we have mutual friends along the way from day 1. Turns out he lived a few blocks from me. Now we have our own place and blended family.

If they have a problem then they aren’t someone you want anyway. Sex is a natural drive and just because you have a baby doesn’t mean you have to abstain. Just make sure you aren’t trying to rush into a relationship immediately or trying to replace your baby’s dad. Keep it casual.

I did it when my daughter was few months old met my now husband and couldn’t be happier

How do you even have time to think with a four month old… especially about dating? I feel like when my son was 4 months old, I was on no sleep and massive amounts of coffee.

I don’t see anything wrong with dating with a baby, as long as the baby is your priority

22 Likes

I don’t see anything wrong with that! If you are ready then no ones opinions should matter besides your own

2 Likes

You could attract the wrong kind of energy/predator I wouldn’t advertise hun (jussayin) it’ll happen when it happens :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Focus on your child men f*ck everything up.

13 Likes

Just be very very safe. Don’t bring them to the house or around baby until you know them better. More abuse happens to children of single mothers. Also tinder isn’t the best place to find a real meaningful relationship in my experience most ppl on there just looking for hook ups.

11 Likes

Shit go for it. Any “man” who thinks its weird isn’t man enough.

2 Likes

Do it if you’re ready for it. I married my husband when my son was 4 months old (his donor and I were broken up since 2 mo pregnant)It may work for you But your child definitely needs to be your priority.

My only suggestion is never bring someone from tinder to your home.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t bother trying to date when babe is that young. Too many weirdos out there.

2 Likes

Just be careful about who you bring around your baby.

I wouldn’t recommend tinder. But I started dating when my twins were 3 months old. And yes it’s very possible to date and take care of your kid lol. My babies were on a schedule by 2 months so it was pretty easy tbh

1 Like

Sorry…but in this day and age looking for love on the internet is ridiculous. Especially if you have a baby. You have absolutely no idea who you are communicating with.

Omg… My son is 4 yr old and I’ve been single for 2 yrs and I still question it…if your going to date I say make sure you don’t bring him around your baby for a long time…there are so many wackos out there…do background checks …be smart… Dont tell them where you live… For a very long time…i think I watch to much dateline loo

8 Likes

Go for it. Just be safe.

I wouldn’t use tinder, it’s know as a hook up site. There are other sites.

2 Likes

I met my husband at work, and I know we were interested in each other. We were talking, and I mentioned him that I had two daughters and one was 3 almost 4 months at that time. I was scared that he would back up and stop talking to me, he told me that wasn’t a problem, and he met my daughters a few weeks later, then we officially started dating, been together 3 years and married almost 2.
Just dont choose the first one you see, you have to be more careful now with a baby, and check your priorities, also look for someone that wants something else than just one night…

1 Like

Just do you, but be careful people who know you are single with a kid may be looking to take advantage. But a girl has got to get hers so have fun and be safe!

Not weird at all if a guy is interested regardless of ur package deal he will love you for you !!! I was 11 weeks pregnant and
a four yr old when I got with my man if I can find someone like that ia m sure u can girl xxx

Do it!! Why not just be careful there are alot of creeps

Wait till baby is older, it’s a crazy world out there

1 Like

I wouldnt only because its more of a hook up culture and there are not a lot of high quality men on there. But I know it does work for some people. It didnt work for me but it might for you. May the odds be ever in your favor. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Buy a good vibrator for now and at least use a more reputable dating website instead of Tinder. Background check all of them.

7 Likes

Maybe not tinder since its more of a hook up site not really dating dating, try bumble or match or something and whatvibdid is put in the about me part thst im a single mom and at the time i started it i was pregnant. If it doesnt bother them theyll respond to you.

1 Like

Don’t… Especially online meet someone in real life like where your in public and places you actually enjoy going. If you dig farmers markets, coffee shops, book stores ECT… Ppl are fake af already online they can pretend to be someone you want them to be by reading your profile…wolf’s in shining armor.m

2 Likes

I don’t see anything wrong with it. There’s creeps on all the dating apps but there’s also some really good guys as well including Tinder. Best of luck to you.

1 Like

I wouldn’t recommend Tinder. Also you don’t want to date people are find you having a kid weird up

Tinder is a hookup site…

1 Like

I personally would be scared to, you just never know who someone really is on there but that’s just my take on it. I’ve also had horrible experiences with those free dating sights in the past, lots of cheating guys acting single in there, just be careful! Xo

1 Like

Dating doesn’t have to mean automatically in your child’s life. I would date but on your own time. Life isn’t over for you.

2 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with dating while you have a baby!!!
Depending what you want depends where to look… if you want a fling or don’t have hopes for a long term relationship, try tinder, of you’re wanting something more stable and committed then look at other dating sites.

1 Like

as a single dude we worry about baby daddy. so just assure the dude, the baby daddy isnt around and you should be good.

2 Likes

I dated around that time… I spent too much time on dudes and regret the time that was focused on a bunch of a holes and not my child.

It’s all games now, and not worth it.

2 Likes

I met my husband on okcupid 9 years ago before tinder existed, I was also a single mom.
The right guy wont be put off by the fact that you are a mother.

My brother, a single father with majority custody of his son met his now wife on tinder.

2 Likes

Where are the priorities these days… damn!

5 Likes

I would definitely wait until baby is a bit older.

1 Like

Not tinder. That’s the worst place to start. Try Bumble.

I met my husband on tinder.
I had a 2 year old, 5.year old and an 8 month old at the time

1 Like

I met my husband on POF. I got on there when my son was 2 months old.
Kids shouldn’t prevent you from finding love. Just be smart about it! My husband didnt meet my son until he was 10 months old.

2 Likes

Be safe on tinder. I ran into some creeps but its also how I found my amazing boyfriend of almost 3 years now.

1 Like

Baby is small and needs all your attention. No time to try and get to know someone new.

3 Likes

Isn’t tinder just to find a “f” buddy? Yup I think it’s weird as

Just be safe, put you baby first and you should be good.

As long as your not like marketing yourself as looking for a baby daddy, I dont really see a problem. Of course, dont take it too personal if some men are uninterested after finding out. I’m marrying the guy I started dating when my daughter was 3 months old (not from tinder though) but there is nothing wrong with wanting to meet new people just know what is and isnt appropriate regaurding the involement of your baby in my opinion

1 Like

Not Tinder. Tinder is just for casual hook ups, in my opinion.

1 Like