Advice on tinder as a single mom?

I personally wouldn’t use tinder. Bit my son is 3.5 now and there’s one called bumble which is a lot better and specific to what kind of thing your hoping to find. I’ve only ever had one guy be creepy on it and it wasnt half as bad as what I’ve been asked/heard on tinder. It can be really hard getting back out there when you have a child as long you feel like your in a good place. I think I may have finally got lucky after 3 and a half years on my own :crossed_fingers: all the best!!

Don’t be a whore. Castrate yourself and hope a man pities you enough to think you’re worth the time of day.

1 Like

I met my husband on Tinder :woman_shrugging:t2::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. All depends how you preceive yourself and how cautious you are also.

I match mid May 2015 with my now husband. Met for the first time a month later (after talking and snaping and facetiming EVERYDAY). Then Early july became bf/gf, mid August we got engaged, september 2015 we got married.

I didnt put anywhere that I had a kid because u cud attract the REALLY wrong ppl that way. With my husband during our convos i slipped the fact I had (at the time) a 1 year old. It didnt bother him or make him run away lol.

Now my oldest who will be 6 in March has an amazing Daddy (stepdad but he doesnt seem him that wAy cuz hes the only dad he really knows bond wise as his other sees him once a year).

We also have a son together and hoping for one more when the time is right.

As long as ur cautious, aware and dont just introduce ppl to ur kid off the bat u should be alright. But make sure u make urself clear to that u arent lookin for fun ur lookin for aomething serious (when the conversation arises to say such a thing).

1 Like

I mean, I was on Plenty of Fish and the like when my son was around that age 🤷
Nobody really seemed too terribly bothered by it granted, I made it known I wasn’t looking for anything serious because I wasn’t and I did have to completely block a few men because they took it upon themselves that they were determined to 'play daddy’s and that didn’t fly with me. I say, so long as you’ve got someone reliable set up to watch baby while you go out and do your thing, you’re good

Girl, just do what you feel is best. I’m a single mom and have been single since my daughter was 3 months and shes 3 and half now. I’m on tinder but not trying to fill that void with a man. I just chat because it get lonely from time to time. Everyone is different but play smart and stay safe.

I’m not the type that HAS get attention from men or has to have a boyfriend. sometimes it just better and healthier to not even talk to guys let alone sleep with anyone because I have a little one who needs me more. Your baby is only 4 months. Why are you wanting to jump in dating right now?

5 Likes

go be with yr 3 month old, now is not the time to date

7 Likes

Keeping your dating out of your child’s life until you find someone that you will settle down with. Do not let there be a bunch of strangers that come in and out of your child’s life. That means you must have a trusted individual who watches your child when you go out. Make sure you have someone who knows where you are at all times. There are crazies out there as well as good people. But since someone depends on you now, you must take actions to safeguard not only your child, but yourself as well.

7 Likes

Your child is too young to find a date… How about try to put all your attention and focus to your LO instead? :thinking:

7 Likes

I can’t even deal with some of the comments on this page… Like how bloody judgemental are some of you?? Lets not forget that we arent just mums, we are humans aswell, people saying “focus on your child” “your child is too young for you to date” like what the hell?! We all need adult company, we all need that feeling of being “loved” :woman_facepalming:t2: as long as you’re being safe then YOU DO YOU HUNNY! all the best, I found my soon to be husband on tinder :heart:

11 Likes

Do it. You have a life too you’re not just a mother, you need your own time as well. Just be careful and don’t have the child around them until you think things are getting serious.

1 Like

Whenever you are ready mama
Just be careful
There are good men out there too though
Don’t rush
You’ll know when you’re ready :heart:

I wouldn’t use tinder if it’s dating you’re wanting. Tinder is usually more of a casual hookup type thing, which if that’s what you’re wanting, go for it anyway. And for those of you shaming her… get off your high horse. If you hadn’t started going on date nights with your husband and spending time with him again by 4 months, then that’s your prerogative, but I was raised to believe that happy parents make for happy babies and I personally enjoy spending time with my husband away from the baby. My little is only 2 months and his grandmother watches him for an hour or two a week so we can go to dinner, see a movie, or just go for a walk somewhere and enjoy each other. Yes, my son needs me, but he is fine for a few hours with Gigi while we focus on each other for a little bit. Having a baby is stressful on you and your partner, and honestly after 10 weeks of no adult conversation, I was desperate for a date night. It isn’t any different for this poor girl just because she isn’t married. She deserves adult conversation amd some fun. Hell… she deserves to get laid if that’s what she’s after. Y’all need to get over it and stop judging her for wanting to be happy. She isn’t doomed to a lonely life of misery just because she has a child.

4 Likes

I say hell with what people say or think. You go girl! Do what makes you happy. Happy mom/happy baby!

Be safe ive heard so many horror stories with Tinder.

I think you should go out on a date. You deserve it. You deserve to be a human being

1 Like

Watch out for perverts and dont bring anyone around the kid

2 Likes

Don’t ever meet anyone alone… Always bring someone to watch from a distance in the beginning

1 Like

I met my boyfriend through Tinder, it takes a while to ween out the weirdos and guys who just want hookups but relationships are possible, it is after all meant to be a dating app, most people just use it for one night stands but if you take you’re time you’ll find someone worth going on a date with. Just be careful there are a lot of weird people out there, happy swiping :grin:

1 Like

If you want to date then date, but DO NOT mess with dating apps. It’s not safe… If you do date just don’t have them around your child.

2 Likes

Anyone else consider she just wants dick and is trying to be a lady about asking about it?? Hmmm? GET THAT DICK GIRL. Keep men outta your house and Away from your baby at all times. You are a small person and a young mother. Be wise. Investigation Discovery channel exists for a reason. Happy humping.

5 Likes

Look up Kevin Bacon from Swartz Creek MI. Enough said.

1 Like

The chances of finding a hook up without kids now a days is slim. At least for my age range.

Some of these comments have literally shocked me!! If you feel ready to date then date it’s got nothing absolutely nothing to do with negative trolls on here who are like the mothers club who stand around judging others. What I do agree with is keep people you meet away from your baby as they are strangers but I guess youd know that, could be a confidence boost you need as a mum, I am a mother of a 3 and 8 year old and I met my partner on tinder over a year ago! There are some freaks on it, people just wanting sex but there is some decent ones… it’s no ones business just yours just dont have strangers around little one xx

1 Like

I found my soulmate on tinder 3 years ago and my daughter was 2 at the time. We are now married and have a child together

I found my partner when my eldest was 3 been together nearly 5 years and have another child together my eldest calls him dad as his other father has never been on the seen

Is Tinder really a dating app? I thought it was a fuck app. Either way, date, get laid, do you girl! :100::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

A 4-month old :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:
Oh good grief

You have a four month old and your question is about getting back in the dating world
:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

Met my husband on tinder lol, I had a 3yo and 1yo at the time. We talked a bit before we went on a date and even longer to meet the kids. Happily married 4 years later now, with a baby on the way. :slightly_smiling_face:

Tinder is 99% for hook ups… so if you’re looking for an actual relationship, i suggest other dating sites. Good luck

Met my new partner on tinder and I have an 11month old plus 3 kids older then her.

1 Like

Let’s all remember ted Bundy now :woman_shrugging:t2: … focus your attention on our child while their still small because it goes by too fast … that time being put into finding someone could be used on your baby … wait until their a bit older …

1 Like

Dating apps… its 2020, they are a great tool if you use them smart. You are a mom, you are also a woman… you deserve to date and find whatever it is you are looking for! This is my husband, whom I met on TINDER (of all places… our save the dates LITERALLY said this :rofl:)! We’ve been together for 4 years, married for 1 next month! Good guys exist on dating apps. Best of luck!

Personally I waited. I was still healing and my hormones were making me a little whack so dating or hooking up was the last thing on my mind. Was too focused on the baby. But if you’ve got a good support system, not counting the father if he’s still in the picture, then it wouldn’t hurt to try. Just don’t use a dating app as a way to fill in the void where a “dad” should be

Don’t put that you have a kid on there duh

I would figure out some hobbies/public social events to meet someone at instead of a dating app. Maybe even one that includes children because there are great single dads out there too.

Try taking care of your baby and put dating on hold for awhile. Get yourself situated and know a man isn’t always going to be there for anything other than a bootie call which gets you nothing but more babies. Hope you use pertection if you do put yourself out there. But consider your child first, you don’t want to show just men coming in and out but taking care of responsibilities and think of family and working hard for that family you’ve created. Not saying not to have anyone but think of your baby first.

1 Like

Date app aren’t horrible, it’s ok to have a life and be a mom - it’s ok to want an adult conversation at the end of the day-
I been alone 5 years and my son 3 year old - me and my ex were messing around-
Just leave on the app -
Don’t give your address or phone # - don’t have anyone around your child.
Tinder has a bad report mainly hook up - maybe different site .

I had a tinder with my one year old. I got on and I made sure to put in my bio. I wanted more than a one night stand. I talked to someone for about a month and then we had a date. Three months later and we are still together. So it’s not all about a hook up. Just make sure you’re clear when you make an account that you want more than that.

1 Like

I found my last partner of 5 years on a dating site and she had a 5 week old baby. I never judged but in that time I become the step parent to her child which I love like my own. Everyone needs happiness so give it a go just be honest and up front.
Unfortunately our time ended but I still care and look after her child like my own and am fully involved as she only knows me as dad.

2 Likes

I would do what she said it’s more for hooking up not finding someone true to date. I would try a site that actually cost something it’s gotta be good if they want you to pay for it. Or just go out to a bar. Ask friends to set you up on group dates get to know people that way

You would have better luck on match or eHarmony if you’re wanting a true companion

1 Like

i wouldnt mention you have kids until things look like they’re going somewhere.
I may just be paranoid but there’s alot of creeps out there

Focus on you and your kid. #1 rule of being single: don’t constantly bring men into and out of your kid’s life. Its confusing and hard on them. Being a strong single parent is more important than constantly dating.

3 Likes

Concentrate on that dear baby. She needs you more than anything. Show her thatnshe that she means everything to you.

Tinder is pretty much all about a hookup. If you are looking for more than that, I would try a different site.

As long as you are legally divorced or never got married, I don’t see how that would be any hindrance. I would put it in your profile, though. You don’t want to date somebody and then find out he hates kids after you get attached to him. Make it known that you are only interested in kid-friendly men.

Do what u want to do​:dart::dart::dart:

1 Like

Go for it. BECAREFUL

Tinder isn’t about dating… it’s literally about f~ck*ng… so it would be terrible! Go to church

I was, but my daughter was 2 when I joined. I took mine down when my fiance and I met (we didnt meet on tinder lol) but theres no shame in it.
You’re a mom. You’re not a hostage. You’re still allowed to put yourself out there.

You do you mama!!

9 Likes

Most men on tinder want hookups but the right guy will accept things as they are and not be judgmental shits. I wouldn’t worry about what others think because we all have a history and if a dude gets crappy about it just move on.

5 Likes

Focus on your baby from my experience.

15 Likes

I don’t think they care . I mean they will still date you .

Tinder isn’t where you go to find a “date” date. Tinder is where you go to get laid, and there’s nothing wrong with that either. I don’t know that I’d have time for either scenario with a 4 month old, but you do you.

13 Likes

Totally normal but tinder is a hook up app mostly so be careful

4 Likes

I met my now husband on meet me 2.5 yrs ago AND i already had 6 kids lol go for it, just be careful and up front right from the start.

3 Likes

If a person really likes u then they should accept the fact you have a 4M old… there are alot crazy people out there so please be careful to whom u introduce your baby to…

2 Likes

I went on Tinder after a 10 year marriage but worked on me for 8 months after. I was looking for a relationship. Hit a LOT of right swipes who wanted one night stands BUt I waited and 4 years ago met my fiancee. Be choosy, be smart, find your standards

6 Likes

I met my current boyfriend on POF

1 Like

I think as long as you are honest with the guys you are dating about having a baby it is fine. Better to be honest early on and if they aren’t down with it then no harm no foul.

1 Like

If you wanna go and hoe it up. Do it man! Don’t expect relationships from tinder but if a hookup is something you’d want then go for it! We all have those urges. I haven’t had sex in an entire year because I wasn’t ready but you do you!

3 Likes

Just don’t be that woman that leaves her baby in the care of a man you barely know.

21 Likes

Go ahead and set up your profile! Your family life is your business. Date and have fun. If and when it get serious discuss whatever you like…it is tinder so beware of scumbags.

3 Likes

Nooo. Tinder is a hook up site. It’s not safe for you or your baby.

11 Likes

If youre ready to put yourself out there again do it! Be careful ofcourse cause online dating is scary. But other than that don’t worry about what other people think. Some men are into women with kid(s) and some aren’t the right one will come to ya!

Tinder isn’t the type of dating app I would choose if you were trying to find a really nice guy that would be good for you AND your baby. If you are looking for hook ups go for it. I’ve been there done that when my baby was 4 months old also and I never met anyone that was worth my time so I ended up deleting it. A few weeks after I deleted it I met the guy I’m with now! We have been dating for 4 months and I’m almost positive he’s the one. I think tinder is an awful place to meet men. But if that’s the route you decide don’t post pictures of your children, there are some major creepy guys on that sight that I wouldn’t trust seeing my children.

2 Likes

Fine to be dating when you have a child. But be very careful who you bring your child around.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m in the same boat kinda hahahaha I haven’t told my family I’m trying to date, I have an almost 10 month old. They would be very judgemental and try and make me feel guilty lol

I met my husband on POF. Any online dating sites are going to have A LOT of guys who just want a one night thing but there are other people looking for relationships. Just be cautious.

3 Likes

Oh girl that is not weird at all lol I was getting hit on while pregnant ! Trust me there are plenty of men out there that don’t mind.

2 Likes

Thats where I met my boyfriend of over a year, I have an 8 year old daughter. I was about to give up when I met him. Some people are decent

2 Likes

Tinder isn’t just a hook-up site! 🤷 Some people actually find relationships and not hookups. But if she wants just a hook-up that’s her business. And any kind of online dating is dangerous. Always meet in a public place.

6 Likes

My friend met her boyfriend there 4 years ago they just got engaged

Who cares about anyone else mumi you do u get them dates girl

1 Like

He right one wont care that you have a baby. Dont let what men think hold you back from doing what you want

1 Like

tinder is for sex… not a bf.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with online dating if you’re feeling ready, but 1. I would consider choosing an app that promotes relationships a bit more (think bumble over tinder) and 2. I would strongly consider waiting a little longer. I’m sure you’re emotionally unattached and available for another partner, but you’re still pretty early postpartum. Trust me, your hormones are most likely still not back to normal, and that can really mess with things like love, heartbreak, new relationships, and even making smart decisions in general. Be careful.

28 Likes

Your dating life is totally separate from your children and their life. Yes he should want to know about them and ask about them but the right time to meet him. Some Men don’t care, I met my now fiancé of going on 8 years while I was 5 months pregnant with my first son. We were best friends with the intentions of going further. Do what makes you happy mamma !!

2 Likes

Use protection and good judgement!
Moms are allowed to get laid, date, socialize, whatever!
I personally chose not to for the past 10-11 years since husband died.
I’m trying to date now but damn I’m running into nothing but guys that want to hit it and leave…not what I’m looking for.

5 Likes

Don’t bother all the guys I found on there alot I knew and were married or engaged trying to cheat stay far away

I had dudes tryin to flirt with me while I was a big 8 months pregnant lol it’s not weird at all

Try bumble…it’s still a dating site, but it’s not immediately a hook up one night stand app like the wasteland that is tinder

3 Likes

Well you’re single and have every right to date again. Someone who loves you will love your baby as his own. Just be careful who you bring around your baby, not everyone has good intentions.

4 Likes

Be careful n do free online background checks - never know nowdays

I met my husband on pof 7 years ago. We talked for 2 months before meeting so just be careful!

I met my husband on tinder! Only meet at public places, definitely carry, and do not take your baby with you until get serious. For your safety and the babies safety. I was a single mom with a six month old, she is the only father she has ever known.
Edit: he is the only father… not she :flushed::rofl:

2 Likes

Men don’t care… the ones that do aint for you💁‍♀️ dating apps are the wild west of dating so much crazy will be in your inbox… u just gotta sort through the madness lol gl and enjoy for whatever your looking for.

2 Likes

I met my husband on tinder. My recommendation would just to be careful. There are a lot of CREEPS on there. Just try to filter them out, I know several others that have met their spouse on the app.

1 Like

Just keep whoever you bring away from your kid. This world is full of sick, hateful, and evil people! I hate to say it but honestly raising the baby should be first priority and men/dating should come second…a loooong second!

5 Likes

If you’re honest upfront it will weed out the ones who can’t handle it

2 Likes

First off. Any man who’s turned off by a woman with a young baby. Is clearly a young baby himself. You do you girl. Don’t care what anyone thinks of you being on there! Mamas need love too! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Have your fun as an adult woman but don’t bring any men around your young children.

3 Likes

My daughters father and I broke up a couple of months ago and I have recently gotten back into the dating scene, I told the guy I’m currently seeing almost right away about my daughter and he was very accepting of it (we met on tinder). You’ll definitely have some men who aren’t interested but there’s plenty of guys who are accepting and understanding of your situation :relieved:

If they find it weird then they are not the person for you.

If your looking for sex, go on tinder. Go elsewhere if you want a relationship.

The guys on tinder don’t pay that much attention to details… lol

If a guy is too interested or fascinated early on by your baby…run!!!

1 Like

My husband passed away when I was 6 weeks pregnant. At 6 weeks post parteum I went out with some old friends and met my now boyfriend of 2 years. I’d say for the first 4-5 months we just talked and went on a couple dates. He wasn’t sure how he felt about the whole kid thing. Do whatever feels natural. He said he was attracted to how confident I was in my skin and after everything I went through. He liked that I was a positive, fun, outgoing mom that wasn’t going to let my past define the future with my daughter. Do what you feels is natural and stay positive.

1 Like

My thoughts: be honest in your profile info (include that you are a mom to an infant) when dating/talking to someone be direct at the fact you have an infant at home don’t hide it there fore you know if they’re ok with it but also use your intuition as to if they’re playing you for other reasons (remember people do that) but on the am I in the wrong is it ok type thing yes it is ok for you to look for your forever person yes it is ok you can search till you personally can’t no more