Advice on tinder as a single mom?

Just be careful and don’t trust everyone right off the bat. Make them earn your trust. And you. Let them know you.

2 Likes

To each their own but if I were single with a 4 month old I think a new man would be the very last item on my list of priorities

12 Likes

I have so much bad luck in dating sites lol, by the time I gave up dating I met my SO in Facebook lol :sweat_smile:

Tinder is freaking aw-fuuul.

2 Likes

Well if it’s too high to eat grass then it needs to be fed

Jeez! Maybe you could try being a mother to your kid for a while before you start worrying about dick again? Ugh! Selfish women!

4 Likes

I met my husband on okcupid 9 years ago before tinder existed, I was also a single mom.
The right guy wont be put off by the fact that you are a mother.

My brother, a single father with majority custody of his son met his now wife on tinder.

1 Like

Be careful of pedophiles and crazies

2 Likes

Depends what you are looking for. Tinder is mostly for hookups. If you want that, good for you, but be sure it’s not the hormones.
I met my husband when my first was 7 months old and we have been together almost 18 years.
That being said I have eight children and there are men who don’t care about that! :grimacing:

3 Likes

Alllll that’s on tinder is sex.

1 Like

I met my spouse on an online dating site a few years ago, and I’m so blessed he is in my life. He excepted my 2 other children like his own and we have a beautiful baby girl together.
But be aware of the person you bring around your baby, get to know them, don’t “play their games”, you’ll know when it feels right.

1 Like

Definitely watch if they are way to interested in your kiddo. You will find freaks on there! But otherwise, relax. There’s nothing wrong with trying to date, OkCupid and POF can also be good as long as you filter out the manwhores, good luck!

Don’t mention your child. Like at all. If they ask if you have kids, ask if it matters. They usually won’t bc their main goal is just to get laid. But do not mention your child. I had the same issue with my friend a while ago.

I found my boyfriend online and we started dating and my daughter was 3 months. I dont think it was weird. But he didnt know I had a baby until we talked for like a week. Maybe for him it was weird but weve been together for over a year now and have been living together for 9 months. Lol

1 Like

Mama of 2 boys here. I went on tinder and matched with a dude but hit it off better with his roommate :sweat_smile: me and said roommate have been dating nearly 2yrs now and have 3 boys between us. Go for it 100% but be honest, dudes need to know where your priorities are and if they cant deal with that then they are not for you. Speaking from experience :grin::ok_hand:

2 Likes

I (re)met my now husband on tinder when kiddo was 15 months. I personally think 4 months may be a bit much for any potential spouse.

Almost exactly this happened to me when I had my first daughter. I met my fiancé when my daughter was 4months old. I didn’t go on tinder though, I used OkCupid. We have been together for over 2 years now and just had a baby. Just take it slow and be very picky about who you let around your child.

1 Like

4 months old…might be kinda hard as a man may think u and the father are still dealing. Not saying you are. But do u really have the time with a 4 month old. Let alone the countless days you’ll have to cancel or make your child come first. Not an ideal candidate to date. (I have 2 kids) I’ve been there but I didn’t date until my oldest was at least 3. I personally wanted to make sure I could give who I’m dating appropriate time otherwise what’s the point.

2 Likes

I used tinder for one night stands and different apps for more meaningful connections, when I was single. Most important, get what you want out of everything you do.

I met my man on Facebook 7 years ago :grin:

Isn’t that a website for easy dick and depressed people?

4 Likes

Not Tinder. Research the top dating site for single moms. I found zoosk. It is great. Not Tinder it’s more for booty calls. The paid sites people take it more seriously.

Go for it! Its ur life and u deserve to be happy! Just be very very careful not to bring anyone home or around your bubba until u know them well and are confident they’re ok.

2 Likes

Me and my fiancé met on tinder when my twins were 8 month old LMAOOOOO. We have another baby now too and are officially tying the knot in May after 3 years together.

3 Likes

I did.
Split up with my ex when I was 8 weeks pregnant.
Ihad on a profile once that I was the
“owner of a baby human”.
He got the point. I was honest and he was fine with it. Nothing at all to hide.
The dating part was so much fun too. We worked around my babysitting so we could have date nights.
After everything I’d gone through, it was so nice sometimes waking up to a cute text from him and not just a crying bubba.

A few years on, we now have our own baby human together as well.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that hun, you deserve to be out there and happy along with your daughter thou being number one first. But if your looking for serious try a different dating site rather tinder. All the best x

1 Like

Hell yes it’s wrong! Concentrate on your baby instead of trying to find another man. This is not the time to go out looking for someone else. Your baby and you need to be top priority, no one else.

6 Likes

I think that if that person is turned off because of you having a child is not worth meeting him or having a relationship, you cant hide your baby forever.

2 Likes

Just be very careful. Make sure someone has your location (share it) or a snap shot of their profile, if you do go out with someone from online. Too many instances of bad things happening. I wouldn’t recommend Tinder though, I hear it’s a hook up site.

1 Like

My single mom friends do Bumble or Hindge

Tinder is less a dating site and more a one stop fuck shop. But they probably wont care. But I ain’t here to judge because I’ve used tinder before so :joy:

3 Likes

I’m a single mom of 5 year old twins and I’ve tried all of the apps it’s hard to find somebody on that app that isn’t already married or involved with somebody just be careful. I just stopped looking…

Go for it mama !!! Why care what people think…

I met my wife in jobcorps after we both got out of a relationship

Sit your hot ass down somewhere🤣.

1 Like

i wouldnt even think about dating right now. put all your effort into your baby.

6 Likes

and think about all the dangers of bringing strange men into the household. dont risk it

3 Likes

If they care, they’re not your person! Do you, babe! :heart:

Nothing wrong in that !

I don’t think anyone should be turned off that you have a child but perhaps wait until your child is older. 4 months is still very young, your baby needs you and once you become a mother your child comes first. Our needs, wants and desires are on hold until an appropriate time. It’s best to worry about being a mother to your than about finding a man. The right man will respect that.

3 Likes

Enjoy the precious moments with your angel.only lucky people are blessed with a baby.other people can wait.

I met my husband on an online dating site. We both had small kids from previous relationships. We are both very happy. Our kids are growing up together and we have another one on the way.

Just because we have kids doesnt mean we arent allowed to have love happiness and a future with someone. I have seven kids and my relationship might be ending and i have been wondering who would ever want me with seven kids you should have no problems if hes the right guy he will like you just the way you are.

Put your whole energy on your baby… why must you want to feel validated by a man??. I don’t get how single moms want to jump in a relationship and specially with a 4 month old like calm your hormones , sis!!