AITA for forgetting to invite my husbands family to my gender reveal?

You had time to have a conversation with your mom about having a small party but couldn’t be bothered to send a quick text to your friend (his cousin) and maybe ask her to let the handful of people on his side of the family know? Or to tell your mom who was organizing it that she needed to include them? Seems like you made a choice and are being willfully ignorant about why they would be upset.

10 Likes

People get in their feelings -YOU are pregnant, worry about you now !!!

1 Like

No, you’re not a jerk, that’s a dumb thing to be mad about. You’ve done your part, they need to all stop being babies, your husband included. He should also ask himself why his invite isn’t good enough for them, I’d tell your husband, hmm rather telling when your invite offends them lol

1 Like

You could go to their homes to apologize, or write a letter. You can only apologize and try. Sometimes our actions prove how much we care or not.

2 Likes

The idea of a last minute gender reveal is where the problem started. It should have been planned a little better. At the very least a guest list should have been agreed on an phone calls made. To everybody to be invited. And there should have been a couple of days notice. That would have led to a successful gender reveal party. I know the news was too exciting to hold on to, but not waiting has led to mistakes and hurt feelings.

4 Likes

That last sentence is absolutely NOT ok. How dare he say you don’t care about his family when he’s the one that didn’t invite them! You can only do so much. You asked him to invite them, he didn’t do it. This is on him. His family is being childish and he’s being an as*!

5 Likes

Try picking up the telephone.

2 Likes

You didn’t care about his family, apologize and move on! Now a baby shower bring a gift

2 Likes

It’s not your fault. As much as you are close to whoever, you had responsibility to get the word out to each other’s side. He should take blame. How can he forget something happening in his own house🤷🏾‍♀️ you probably talked about it the whole day so how then can he blame u for something he was supposed to do. Dont take the L get mad at him for making u look bad. The night before he didnt think owh I didnt call them or 2 days he had 5 days to do his part.

7 Likes

I wish people would quit shaming pregnant women. Being pregnant is hard enough

8 Likes

If you can take the time to include your mom, it takes two seconds to include his. It’s not all of you, it’s on your hubby too. But if you had a son and weren’t included in his last minute gender reveal would you be a little upset?

4 Likes

Wait, so you asked your husband to invite his family and he didn’t, or forgot to, and this is your fault? Um no, he is projecting blame here and you need to tell him to grow a set and accept the blame. What a dick move.

If he invited them that should have been good enough. You’re a couple, so an invitation from one of you is equal to an invitation from both of you. Is your mother mad that your husband didn’t invite her personally? Probably not. So they shouldn’t be mad that you didn’t invite them personally.

If he forgot to invite them, that’s on him. But it sounds like they got the invitation and just want to be mad it was from him and not you.

3 Likes

Wow at all the responses saying you’re TA. You are married to an adult . He was told to invite them . He isn’t growing a baby, you are , which is exhausting and distracting in itself. He should have done his part and invited them . Women need to stop treating men like babies. They are capable of acting on the same level women are expected to . Stop allowing such poor behavior on mens part and hold them accountable . I would simply have said to his family that you are sorry your husband didn’t invite them , and you missed them being able to attend, but you had assumed he’d done his part . It’s not on you at all. Your husband is :100: TA and he should apologize to them , but most of all you for taking to you like that . He needs to grow up and you absolutely should not have to go behind him and make sure he does things he is suppose to . He isn’t 2 years old .

14 Likes

Yikes! If you sent out an invite to your family, why didn’t you just send an invite to everybody? I don’t leave anything up to my husband cause it won’t get done. They are hurt and it’s valid. You apologized, now move on. They have the right to not talk to you, they have the right to ignore you. Hopefully they move on from it and you all can be good again.

7 Likes

This is just the beginning.

2 Likes

They need to be upset with him for forgetting to tell them not you.

5 Likes

You really need to speak with them not text— speak, and apologize. You made a mistake. Don’t make excuses. And apologize. You have to at least invite his family to things because it’s not just your kid. Period. If they don’t show that’s on them but if you don’t at least start making an attempt to make them feel included then I promise they will not put forth an effort with your child because they feel excluded and as if it’s not their place. And that only hurts your child at the end of the day. More people for your village and your child the better. Stuff happens. Sincerely apologize and do better from here on out. That’s all you can do🤷🏻‍♀️

2 Likes

You entrusted your husband with the responsibility to invite his side of the family. He dropped the ball and let everyone down, including you. He needs to apologize to everyone, including you. As for his family gaslighting you and not answering your messages, you’ve done your part and you can’t control how they behave. As for your husband saying you don’t care about his family, he’s deflecting the blame back to you. He needs to own his f***ups and admit his fault. Also, I hope this isn’t his usual behavior?? If so, I hope he teaches his child better.

14 Likes

People get so butt hurt these days it’s not like you had it planned for months or that it was a holiday event like Christmas or a wedding or a huge birthday party…you told your husband to invite his family if he didn’t that’s on him o we’ll they are adults and need to grow up…I’m sorry if this comes off rude but adults that act like children get on my ever loving nerves lol

I mean to be fair he is an adult and could have also personally invited his own family?!

6 Likes

If you and the aunt are close then yes, it would have made sense for you to invite them (unless if you didn’t care if they were there…and maybe that’s why the aunt got her feelings hurt)…

3 Likes

Yep, you’re the asshole. You organized the reveal itsyiur responsibility to invite the people you care about.

I think there’s too many reasons to party for anyone to be upset about being excluded.

l get paid over $ 185 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 17931 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarWizard47.pages.dev/

So you told your husband to invite them and he didn’t? Sounds like he’s the asshole.

You told him to invite them and he forgot, right. They should be mad at him not u

7 Likes

I’m confused. You said you told your husband to inform the driving distance relatives, but in the same sentence you said you forgot. So did you tell your husband and HE forgot? Or did you forget to tell your husband about it entirely?

4 Likes

Both at fault really, he should of asked but maybe you should of followed up asking if they had replied so your mum knew how many where coming, surely if you really wanted them their you would of asked your husband what his families reply was :woman_facepalming:

Your post is honestly unclear whether you actually told your husband to tell them about the reveal or if it was you that forgot to tell him or he forgot to invite them. If you forgot to tell him to invite them then yes you’re the problem. If you told him to and he forgot then don’t let him guilt you for his f*ck up.

You told him to tell his family correct? Then it’s on him. Hell your busy enough as is sooooo. Congrats though!

2 Likes

No. Sometimes it’s easier for you to each tell your respective sides about plans. My husband and I do this all the time. He’s 100% just as much of a parent as you are. She wanted to personally be invited by the parent to the gender reveal, and she was. She has no bitch. NTA

How tf yall both forget lmfao.

1 Like

If you told him to invite them and he didn’t then HE is the one that should not be mad at all and should be apologizing

2 Likes

In the day and age of group texting :person_facepalming:t5:

4 Likes

I would feel left out too.

It’s his fault, not yours. Why does everything have to always be put on the woman’s shoulders? She has to invite, she has to plan, she has to do everything all the time her entire life? No.

10 Likes

What the fuck is a gender reveal?

If he forgot to tell them, that’s not your fault

4 Likes

So he is blaming you because he forgot…man please

5 Likes

Who invented your mom and friends? Why didn’t that person invite his family at the same time? If you only had to invite 3 people I don’t think it would have taken that much more time to copy and past a text a few more times. If his cousin was tour friend for so long why didn’t you mention it in conversations with her? There seems to be a lot of info missing that may tell us that you didn’t really want them there. Who’s not excited about there own gender reval to immediately tell everyone they want to invite.

9 Likes

it was his job? he didn’t do it? and it’s your fault somehow??

3 Likes

Just tell them you invited your side and you left it to your husband to invite his

4 Likes

My feelings would be hurt too :disappointed:

1 Like

Yeah. A message isn’t hard to send, and if you have been friends with her before your husband, you should have def done that. If it wasn’t big I don’t see why you could send 2 extra people an invite. He is also to blame for forgetting.

3 Likes

It was his responsibility to invite them and he dropped the ball. He should apologize to them for forgetting to do so and face the backlash.

2 Likes

Is your husband a child? I mean if so you got bigger issues, but I’m assuming he’s around your age and an adult. If you could remember to invite your family and he couldn’t remember to invite his, how is that your fault? We need to quit treating our men like they’re children. He had a job. He messed up. Yet everyone wants to blame you. No. Tell them its not your fault and they can get on him about it and you just stay out of it. Dont cover for him or from here on out everything will be your fault whether it was his responsibility or not. Just because he has a p*nis does not mean he has no responsibility

5 Likes

Actually you’re more of a douchebag than a AITA. You know men don’t remember nothing, and you claim you’re close to them so you should have personally told them

5 Likes

My gender reveal, I invited everyone I wanted to know about it. My family and I invited my spouses family. Just like for birthday parties, I do the planning and there for, also the inviting, so the invites fall on me. I think you should of invited his family, but also think his family is over reacting. They shouldn’t stay mad forever, things happen… You didn’t throw a big reveal party. We’re you able to record the reveal? Then you could send the reveal to them? and just say it wasn’t a big thing.

1 Like

I just had my gender reveal only people who were there was my parents and his and my sister he invited his family I did mine :woman_shrugging:t4: we didn’t do anything big

1 Like

You told ur husband to invite them this is not on you

2 Likes

No sweetheart you remembered he forgot. You told him to tell them and he clearly didn’t therefore he is the one to blame for the lack of communication. As they have a right to be upset they’re taking it to the extreme and being seriously petty. I think that your husband is the asshole and so are they for overreacting.

Does husband not have a functioning mouth or phone? Cuz he could’ve told his side himself lol

8 Likes

No they still got invited shame on them for guilt tripping you when they can’t open a piece of literal email you are not ta

Gender reveal the biggest waste off time ever. Just tell people without all the daft ness oh look at us we are haveing a baby

4 Likes

YES, you are…. well you guys are both … 
Smh He’s the one who dropped the ball for his side the family but in all actuality yes you are a bad for not inviting the cousin because that is YOUR friend. 
You had the time to send them two messages that they didn’t read but you could’ve avoided all this by sending one message at the beginning of the week… :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

U made a mistake and I’m sure u have a lot on ur mind. He didn’t ask them so truly his mistake. Ask him to reach out since they aren’t opening text. After that if no response give it time and perhaps they will come around. So ridiculous that people won’t say I’m mad u didn’t invite me but sorta get what happened and let’s move on. Life really is too short

1 Like

If he forgot that’s on him.

3 Likes

They should be mad at your husband, not you. He is not a freaking child nor should you listen to anyone saying he is incapable because he’s a man. It’s hilarious to me that the majority of people think that it’s your fault when it seems you were on a time crunch and probably were planning a party. So, less than 24 hours, I’m assuming…you are pregnant, our brains get scattered. I would only explain that you told your husband to tell him and HE FORGOT, not you. That he is a grown a** man and should be handle something so simple. We shouldn’t have to manage everything

1 Like

Just got your husband to tell them it was his fault because he said he would tell them

1 Like

That’s on your husband. My brother passed away in March they had a celebration of life for him this past weekend and no one ever bothered to tell me or invite me now that’s an a*shole for ya

Yes you ATA. You have a personal relationship with these people outside of your husband so a simple text would have been expected. You had no problem sending long apologies after the fact.

8 Likes

NTA. You told your husband to invite his family. His a grown adult who knows how to message/call people.

That’s on him.

2 Likes

you needed to call them. you had a relationship beforw he was your husband. this is on you. don’t rely on your husband. you need to apologize in a call not a message.

2 Likes

U told ur husband to invite his invitees and ur husband forgot to do it. That’s not ur fault. U were scrambling to get everything together on short notice. He should’ve helped u.

2 Likes

YOU BOTH ARE AT FAULT IN A WAY
You asked your hubby to let them know…
But you didnt double check to make sure they were coming
I would be upset too if someone forgot to ask me …i would feel hurt but i wouldnt ignor you
But for him to blame YOU for not caring is extremely childish and taking this a little to far
You both messed up so let it gol
You have already apologized its their problem if they dont want to read the email
Yes you could have phoned but they woukdnt have picked up anyways
They are now trying to make you feel guilty and is it working it sure is
I would immediately went to their house to explain but its over now
It was only a gender reveal party not like it was the birth of the baby
I believe if they want to be in the childs life eventually they will come around if not its not your problem
Since you already reached out stop trying to communicste with them as they say the ball is in their court
As for your hubby tell him to blow it out his ass if he keeps up the blame game
Just tell him we are both to blame so stop trying to make you feel bad
Since he feels bad its typical to turn around and also make you feel like crap
But ignor his whinning eventually he will stop …if not tell him to shut the fuck up lol
Dont let him treat you like crap because of this and stand up for yourself to him
Just let it go and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy
Good luck sweetie

You should have made sure they were invited. While yes, he should have been the one to invite him you should have double checked.

3 Likes

sorry you are just as responsible as you said you had an relationship and was close with them before you got together with your Husband I would be pissed at you also.

2 Likes

He’s been related to those people since the day he was born. HE had a relationship with them FIRST. It doesn’t matter if she was friends with them before she married him. :woman_facepalming:t2: in less than a week she & her mom put a party together and she entasked him with ONE thing- to communicate with HIS family- , he failed and everyone wants to blame her?

Great set up for “don’t ask dad to ‘baby sit’ because he might forget to feed the baby.”

8 Likes

I hate to say this but if I was in their shoes I’d be really hurt too

1 Like

Both are equally irresponsible. Why ONLY one week for a gender reveal? ( I personally think they’re a waste of time.) This was not an ER and you put undue stress on yourself and everyone else.

1 Like

You really should of called them & invited them

1 Like

You forgot them like you didn’t even know them before you got married. This is definitely on you. 100% on you. If it was a last minute thing, one thing I have learned is you never ask multiple people for help, it will not come together as planned.

1 Like

AITA??? What??? Why are people so lazy?!!!

2 Likes

Some of these comments are NOT IT. How is she the AH?? Why is it her responsibility only to invite people? The husband dropped the ball. She invited her family, asked him to invite his. He didn’t do it. It’s on him. She literally was planning the party, and while it was last minute, the ONLY thing he had to do was tell people about it and he couldn’t even do that. Not the AH.

15 Likes

Your husband could have said something.

2 Likes

Yeah… you are…
A week is plenty of time to call yourself, or at the very least double check that he did so if you asked him to…
It’s not even about men being forgetful, people in general can be forgetful…a reminder never hurts.
If I asked my man to do something and he forgot, I don’t blame him because clearly I FORGOT TOO

3 Likes

Ok so I’m the only 1 who has no idea what all of these letters in the post and comments are?! Lol

3 Likes

Very rarely do I see a post where the person is TA. Are you sure there isn’t a reason you didn’t want them there? And a week is last minute but still plenty of time to send a mass text saying ‘Sorry it’s last minute hut if you want to come celebrate you can…!’ What’s up hun

2 Likes

When I had my baby gender reveal, it was my job to invite MY family and his job to invite HIS family. We are grown a** adults. I can understand his family feeling hurt, I would be hurt, too. But your husband should’ve invited HIS side as you can only do just about everything. You asked him to do ONE thing. He should definitely be able to handle one task while you’re planning the whole reveal while being pregnant (and if you’re anything like me, those symptoms interfere with a lot)! No more apologizing to them. You said your apologies, now it’s time for everyone to move on. What’s done is done. Good luck love :heart:

11 Likes

Stop apologizing. This is just how it’s going to be the rest of the relationship. They will blame everything on you. This is how it starts

8 Likes

Lacee Ryan Knapp AITA: Am I the Ahole
ATA: Are the A

NTA: Not the A**

8 Likes

I’d be hurt too. Can I ask what AITA means.

You gave one task to your husband and he couldn’t do it. The blame falls on you? Don’t think so. If he can’t meet you half way doing something as remembering to invite his own family, good luck with the baby. It’s a two way street.

16 Likes

You told your husband and he didn’t do it. you told your family and he was supposed to do his part. So, oh well.
Worry about you and your baby sis. Let them have their feelings hurt. I get wanting to come but they shouldn’t treat you like crap.

10 Likes

Girl you had almost a whole damn week to include his family. Shame on you

Everybody makes mistakes, tough shi* if they don’t like it. Are they gonna ignore you when baby is born? They need to grow up.

1 Like

A simple Facebook group chat could’ve avoided all this unnecessary family drama

3 Likes

You gave little thought to your party. You asked your mom to throw something together and your husband to tell his family. They are correct in feeling they were an afterthought.

2 Likes

That was HIS responsibility to invite HIS family . You did everything else , he could have taken some initiative

5 Likes

If you told him to invite them and he didn’t that’s on him

7 Likes

Hmmm that sounds like your husband’s fault

2 Likes

You told your husband to tell his family about it and he forgot. You’re not the asshole, they will get over it.

Naw, your Husband is.

1 Like

You told your husband to tell them not your fault he didn’t listen or tell them they sound like they need to grow up

2 Likes

If you asked your husband to invite them & he didn’t that’s on him! He was given one simple thing to do and couldn’t? Stop apologizing!!

5 Likes

Why is everyone so testy these days? Things like this happens. Invite them over for dinner.:blush:

Go personally visit them and make your husband apologise and tell them he was suppose to do the invite

4 Likes

Well you asked him to tell his family so that’s really on him not you

4 Likes

It’s your husband’s fault. Why didn’t he invite them. Why is this on you?

6 Likes