AITA for forgetting to invite my husbands family to my gender reveal?

Some reason I think you didn’t tell him to. Your saying that to make you feel better. I would always double check. Who throws the party should invite. Although I’m highly against these parties there should only be a baby shower. It’s getting out of control

3 Likes

NTA
Why does you have to invite them, you told your husband to do it? I hope he is a responsible adult since you are having a baby, but most been mistaken.
Congrats on the baby, and let their grudge go, it’s theirs to carry and the guilt of screwing the invites up is your husbands.

2 Likes

“I told my husband to tell his family…” they can be mad at him.

8 Likes

Invite your neighbours to your mini party

Imo He could of invited his own family. I dont think every thing should fall on you. They are HIS family after all. And your pregnant, pregnancy brian and being forgetful is a very real thing. They need to get the fuck over it. And stop stressing you out over petty drama. It’s so stupid. Either they accept the apology or don’t.

I would think that He is hurt. Please send his family something in the mail a small gift a card with it, say how you miss them not being able to make it. Hope to see them(u) soon If you what. Do you know the baby sex if so don’t tell them. Say you need to guess what sex. … there is a bit going on.

I was accused of leaving people out of my bridal shower from one side of the family - NO ONE THREW ME A SHOWER. I NEVER HAD ONE. Also for small gatherings that didn’t have extended family. Family just assume and get too upset over things they don’t know all of the facts to. Sounds like it was on your husband, he didn’t do it, and it was a small quick get together. Nothing for them to hold a grudge forever for in my opinion

2 Likes

Some ppl
Just want to be the victim and if they don’t accept the error then that’s on them at the end of the day. People love drama.

1 Like

Call not text and tell them what happened. If they don’t answer leave a message. Or better yet you and your husband visit and tell them what hapoened.

1 Like

I’m confused. Did you forget to tell your husband to invite people or did your husband forget?

If it was you all you can do is apologize. If you have a close relationship with the family I don’t see why you’d need him to send a text for you, but that’s not the point. If he forgot then he needs to apologize and fall on the sword

4 Likes

Whomever wanted to be there would be in my opinion. I think gender reveals are stupid anyways lol

3 Likes

It’s your husbands fault for not telling his family after you asked him to wth. You have a thousand other things to be dealing with then remembering what your husband doesn’t. Don’t feel bad or allow blame to land on you girlfriend all there animosity can be directed towards your husband.

3 Likes

You should have just invited them yourself would of saved yourself some stress.

3 Likes

NTA you told your husband. It’s his responsibility to invite his family. Why are these women telling you all the responsibility is on your shoulders. If they want to be angry that anger should be towards your husband. He literally had 1 job.

4 Likes

You gave your husband a job and he didn’t do it
, it’s not your fault he is a grown man don’t take the blame for his fail.

7 Likes

You’re being gaslit. If your husband invited his family that should be enough. It’s your husbands family and if your husband showed up and did nothing to help plan or coordinate with his family that’s on him. You didn’t go out of your way to facilitate, maybe you were busy and pregnant and trying to plan a party?

3 Likes

As long as your husband invited them I don’t see a problem. If that’s the case and they are still mad at you then that’s their problem. Your pregnant for gods sake, they should cut you some slack.

1 Like

HE was asked to invite them and HE didn’t. What a fool. Now its your fault because he feels guilty? Lmao
Tell him to grow up and take responsibility.

8 Likes

If they know it was your husbands fault and your husband is now siding with them

1. Seperate at least temporarily
  2. Do not pursue a relationship with these bullies. They’re all game players. Period! I can’t believe the nerve of your husband. Eww.

Some people like drama. Enjoy your mothering experience, all the best.

4 Likes

You should have invited them. You married him so they are your family to now not “his” you had a good relationship with them so you should have invited them. You know that you are in the wrong and that’s why you feeling so guilty!!

9 Likes

Perhaps an invitation via email
Would have been nice
Perhaps even a phone call from you or your mom
I’m curious as to why only his Aunty and cousin were invited
As you didn’t mention any one else
In his family

1 Like

Well if it were that important he could’ve messaged them…:woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

You asked HIM to contact HIS family and HE forgot. NTA. He’s grown enough to make kids, he can contact people.

3 Likes

You can’t say you forgot, girl you lying :lying_face: You did that on purpose

5 Likes

They can get over themselves. It was your reveal.

What is AITA ,I am from Latvia and aita meens sheep :rofl:

3 Likes

I don’t know what AITA means but yes

2 Likes

He needs to speak up and admit he fucked up and forgot to tell them.
He was tasked with telling them. It’s his bad. They need to chill on you and take it up with him.

If he wanted his family there then he should of invited them. Why did it have to fall solely on you? You tried to apologize. If they want to hold a grudge let them.

3 Likes

Did ya take a video and post it on social media? Before you thought about the ppl you didn’t invite? How did they find out? How do you really feel about them?

If u told the husband to tell them then that’s kind of on him. Was ur husband there? If so, I say it’s on him. I can see why their feelings would be hurt if y’all are “close” in any type of way. Especially if it’s ur first baby together with ur husband. I’d like to add, it sounds like his “side” was like three people or less. lol I guess it’s on u both cuz texting three more people to inform them wouldn’t have killed u. I’m 50/50 lol

2 Likes

Your husband is responsible for not inviting them so let him handle the situation

3 Likes

Your husband has to take responsibility for not informing his family.

3 Likes

Not that a hole. Your husband had one job. You already apologized so let it go, don’t stress yourself out. But next time maybe don’t put him in charge of invites. We live and we learn.

6 Likes

Let it be, leave it you already apologize technically if your husband fault for forgetting if they wish the play hurt feelings about that, the card will get old , especially at every occasion I find some ppl just find excuses to walk away and say it’s not their fault but them. Relationship take work on but end even with family

3 Likes

The ppl you wanted there, you made sure to tell.

4 Likes

This baby is both of you not just you so all of this is both your effort everything shouldn’t fall on just your shoulders. Otherwise welcome to giving birth and magically becoming a new mom and a mom to a man child who views taking care of his kid as babysitting. I get being friends with the family prior but thats HIS FAMILY if you tasked him something then you should be able to trust him to follow through. That’s ignoring the fact that if it was important to him he would have invited anyone he wanted to too. Lord knows you are probably doing a million other things at the exact same time plus dealing with pregnancy brain/hormones least he can do is tell his family.

1 Like

Did you tell him or did you forget to tell him to tell them? Kind of lousy whoever is at fault. You had a week to remember 3 people?

6 Likes

Your husband needs to take responsibility for failing to tell them, not you. You told him to invite his family, and he didn’t, so that’s on him. You already have enough on your plate and mind. You apologized, and that’s all you can do, so let go of the guilt and let it be. They’ll either understand and get over it, or they can be mad and direct their anger at him. But no, you are NOT TA!

12 Likes

Did you have it yet? I wanna know the gender!!! Congratulations to you its not your fault

1 Like

Husband forgot… Excuse me?

2 Likes

If you told your husband to tell his family and he didn’t… That is HIS fault. Not yours. So no NTA

9 Likes

Your husband was told to invite his family. That’s solely on him for not doing it.

7 Likes

Don’t stress it we have family like that too they don’t invite us too certain stuff but then again say we do t have anything to do with them and when we invite them they never come oh well not gonna stress it

1 Like

Nope. You delegated the invite to your hubby. Send all responses to him. Enjoy your day

5 Likes

If your husband forgot to relay the invite it’s on him

4 Likes

AITA? I’m old I guess :rofl: Trying to figure that out first!

5 Likes

People take these gender reveals far too seriously these days.

6 Likes

You could say it’s his fault but honestly if it was a small get together that u n ur mom organized in a week u definitely could have made the effort to include his aunt n cousin…we all know our husbands r forgetful n they don’t remember :joy: n I agree w the Aunt. My feelings would b so hurt too if I thought we were close n u didn’t invite me. Once married our families become one so it would not have been too much for u to invite them instead of saying u invite ur family. That’s not right. You made sure to include the ones you actually wanted there.

3 Likes

Write them a lovely letter, explaining & apologizing.

1 Like

This is on him :roll_eyes: you told him to invite them he didn’t, you shouldn’t have to to do everything :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Let me tell you, it is not your fault. My husband rarely invites his family to our events and I never apologize for what another grown person does or doesn’t do. NTA.

2 Likes

Should have called them.

1 Like

Lol! How old are these grown @ss ppl? Honestly this day is about you. Not them. Ppl commenting sayin you should’ve called! No! For what?

No, it’s your husband’s fault. I wouldn’t even care :woman_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

He’s the one that forgot

1 Like

Dont let it bother you, if they can’t get over it, it’s on them your husband forgot plain and simple.

1 Like

Why aren’t they mad at him? It’s his fault.

Y’all be worrying bout some stupid shhh.