AITA for not wanting to pay my boyfriend to build a computer for my son?

I’d hire another dude computer tech to build it. If he says anything be like “well, I mean, if I paying someone $75 a hour I want it to be done properly, since you can’t even be in a proper relationship I figuered you aren’t the man for the job. OR for me… you should get out” . If you don’t want to go that route. Pay him the $75 then tell him he has to chip in more money for rent or bills whatever and say we’ll… like… I had to overpay a guy that should have been free to build my sons computer who he should consider my son his own in his own way by now, since you live under same roof and a year ? Common… Now I can’t afford to pay the rent … so you have to…
If a argument breaks out over it and he chooses to leave… have the moneybyou need obviously and tell him to go F himself.
Girl, he doesn’t sound like husband or step dad material at all. My man go above and beyond to even work weekends to get my boys stuff they don’t even need… they want because he loves them… we have a daughter together and they donsee their dad on weekends he is buddies with their dad… he would spend his last $5 to chip in on a game they want. Thus dude you’re talking about … sounds selfish and like he may be using you until he find somthing he thinks is
" better" .

Just buy a computer.
Here’s my unpopular opinion
He sees it as his job. He’s good at his job. He should get paid. Simple.
My brother in law is a mechanic. I would never ask him to work on my car for free. I don’t ask my friends that are nurses for free medical advice nor do I ask teachers to tutor my kids for free.
Healthy boundaries are a good thing.

What an Ass… Next time he wants some Loving tell him it’s $300 per half hour.

Go buy a computer with a warranty. $1300 is more than enough and with a warranty to no worries if something happens

Do you cook dinner ? Start giving him a bill. Do you do his laundry?

Find someone cheaper to do it. Write a post on your personal Facebook page looking for someone to do it.

So why didn’t you just buy a new one

She may not be his wife, but they live together! He should just do it in his spare time; NOT charge her for his time!!