Am I a bad mom for not spending Mother's Day with my kids?

No, your MIL sounds like a judgemental see-you-en-tee. Don’t give her words any weight. You spend almost every moment with your children. You should not feel guilty for spending a few hours doing some self care - especially because your HUSBAND is the one who sent you out to do those things. I assume that was his gift to you.

Your MIL is not in your marriage, and doesn’t not know your daily life. She does not get to have an opinion.

4 Likes

I was thinking i should have gone to the spa on Mother’s Day because they had a special that day. So, I see nothing wrong with what you did.

I know it’s hard not to guilt yourself and easy for us to say not worry about what she said. Honestly I was talking to my husband on Mother’s Day and he even agreed it would’ve been awesome if a nail salon had been open near us so I could go enjoy some alone time while he spent some sad time with the kids. I’m happy for you that you got to go spend your time enjoying yourself :blush: it’s hard to step away but your husband was awesome for insisting that you do so so you could get some wind down time. Your mil sounds like she was never provided that opportunity and is just jealous. She should stop with the negativity and see that she raised a good man who clearly cares for his wife.

3 Likes

No! Think dads want to spend fathers dad with them they go golfing fishing do whatever

3 Likes

I’m sorry but I spend every damn day with my kiddos :joy: mother’s day is my day not to if that is what I choose :joy:

Is it any different than dad’s who go golfing or whatever on Father’s day? It’s just mom guilt and someone wants to fuel that. Some people feel that moms must go go go until they have nothing left but dad’s need a break from all their hard manual labor.

You’re fine , they’re fine

Self care is important. Whatever that means to you, doesn’t make you a bad mom. You’re a mother every single day of the year, I assume. Mother’s Day is about relaxing and whatever we deem “self care” in my opinion. Mine is spending the day with my kids. Yours may be going out and doing things for yourself. I feel like you shouldn’t be blamed for needing time to yourself if that’s what you choose to do.

You should NOT care about her saying, it’s not her business how you celebrate Mother’s Day , being a mom is a work that never ends, and is absolutely right to take a little bit of time to our selfs , your husband wanted you to have a free and relax day pampering yourself……. She can go with her judgement somewhere else

You should not feel guilty for taking care of yourself because if you don’t take care of you then how can you take care of them. To me that sounds like you had a great Mother’s Day

Not a bad mom. You spend time with your kids every day, and you were with them in the morning and the evening as well. Your MIL is ridiculous and quite rude.

Don’t feel guilty. You did exactly what you wanted and should have done. Sounds like you needed the break and their Dad encouraged you getting a break. Good on both of you actually! Try and forget your pesky mother in laws judgement, not worth another second of your time!

Don’t let that woman get in your head . Not her business

1 Like

It ok you needed time to your self and taking care of yourself is very important God bless

I think people have different ideas what mothers day is…imo it’s a day mother’s get off to pamper themselves or just enjoy some alone rime

2 Likes

You deserve me time! Don’t let her make you feel guilty…she’s probably done the same thing…

You have nothing to feel guilty for. You are a mother and Mother’s Day is supposed to be your day not your children’s day not your husband’s day and not your mother-in-law’s day to judge you and that’s all I got to say about that I hope you enjoyed yourself

1 Like

Oh heck no !!! I’m a mother every single day of the year , mother’s day is the one day I want off for myself !!!

1 Like

No Mother’s Day is about celebrating you as a mom. Moms need a break too. Your husband chose for you to get some time to go relax and I hope he stood up for you too. Easy for her to say when her kids are grown. MIL needs to mind the boundaries and not come to your house and talk about you. You didn’t leave the country and say forget the kids all together. You took half a day to pamper yourself. Heaven forbid you practice self care because even Mother’s Day can’t be about you mom ( I say sarcastically while rolling my eyes🤣).

Naw that’s bullshit don’t let her guilt trip you on that, you saw your children & ITS CALLED MOTHERS DAY for a reason!! UMMMM KINDA WHY WE GET LITTLE GIFTS & CARDS??:eyes::woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming: Some ppl send their wives or mothers to a spa ALL DAY for Mother’s Day so wtf?? Ewe. Tell her to mind her own business cause she had her chance raising her OWN children. It’s not her turn anymore or any of her business tbh!! BOOM!! :wink::kissing_heart: Don’t let her get you down darlin, she must be miserable. Pray for her… :pray::pray::pray::100:

What a wonderful husband and father to your children!! He recognised a way to acknolwedge all you efforts as a mum and it is none of the MIL’s business.

1 Like

I spent Mother’s Day weekend Puerto Rico. My children stayed in Pennsylvania with my husband. There is no guilt nor shame in that…

2 Likes

He told you to do what you like! Tell MIL to mind her bizness!

1 Like

Don’t feel guilty. It sounds like you have an amazing husband

I am sorry to hear your mother in law said that. You are a mom 24/7 and taking a day to yourself to do what YOU enjoy is perfectly acceptable. And you should do that even when it isn’t Mother’s Day. You have to take care of yourself and recharge.
That helps you be a better mom.:two_hearts:

1 Like

You deserve this time for you! We as mother’s need that time to continue to be good mother’s! Do not even feel a bit bad! She should mind her own! No biz making that comment! Just saying!

1 Like

Lol, your mother in law has personal demons she needs to take care of and making you feel guilty is how she will make herself feel like a good mother. You know she just sounds like an ass wipe, a very jealous ass wipe lol. Your not in the wrong. My husband pushes me to get a spa treatment too lol

What a monster thing to say! You deserved to go have some ME time.

2 Likes

Your mother Inlaw sounds like she has lost her marbles!! You can’t pour from an empty cup mama. Fill yours first with everything u enjoy doing. Happy mama, happy kids… it doesn’t make u a bad mama

1 Like

I especially wanted my kids on Mother’s Day.

Screw your mother-in-law and her opinions obviously your husband had no issues you shouldn’t either why should you feel guilty? You deserve to treat yourself you deserve to be spoiled you deserve to have you time. I wouldn’t feel guilty about a damn thing your husband didn’t have a problem with telling you to go and spend some time spoiling yourself and outside of your opinion his is the only other one that should count. And obviously your kids didn’t feel neglected either

I had mothers day to myself. I spent all day saturday with them and sunday morning before they went off to their dads house and I enjoyed my day, headache free

Heck no you’re NOT A BAD MOTHER! F your MIL!!!

3 Likes

Mothers day is for you :grinning::smiley:

It’s called MOTHER’S DAY, not kids day. You get to do what you want on Mother’s Day!

3 Likes

Im on a surprise disney trip with friends the day after mothers day… also i bet you are with them most of the time and neglect your needs to raise your kids- its ok to relax and do something for you

2 Likes

DO NOT LET HER MOM GUILT YOU!!! It’s literally a day for you. Your with your kids everyday and your husband was totally fine with giving you a pamper YOU day BECAUSE your the mother of his children. Tell her to keep her nose where it belongs and you and your husband enjoy you lives. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Maybe even ask him to talk to his mom about boundaries and what’s her business and what isn’t.

1 Like

She’s wrong you are fine ignore her jealousy

2 Likes

It’s YOUR DAY as the mother. Tell her you get to celebrate being a mother every day of the year you deserve one day. The mothers day. Enjoy yourself and still come home and be a mom. It’s not like you went out partying.

My kids didn’t really know it was mothers day until they were told. They knew it was coming up cause they made me something at school bit come Sunday they had no idea. My girls were so excited and sung me a couple of sweet songs about mommas.It was sweet.

You are wrong for feeling bad. That was ur mothers day gift from your husband. Besides… You spent time with your kids that evening.

1 Like

Absolutely not! Not even close! You need your time hun!

Mother’s day is a Sunday. Like any other. You wanna go out and have alone time, do it. Stop caring what irrelevant ppl think.

1 Like

F*ck her opinion. You did what your husband told you to and had some time for yourself. I hope your husband set her straight!

Your mother in law sounds jealous af. Don’t listen to her bitter a s s

1 Like

She’s probably just jealous and projecting on to you.

1 Like

Your MIL needs to mind her own business. You aren’t a bad mom and anyone saying otherwise should be put in their place.

2 Likes

Everyday is kids day! Mothers day is a time for us moms to enjoy ourselves. I spent some time with them then went out n enjoyed myself with my sis

2 Likes

You spent time with the kids and you gave yourself a much needed and deserved break. You are a good mom. She is probably just jealous. Ignore her.

1 Like

There is absolutely nothing wrong with looking after your needs. It doesn’t make you a bad mom, it makes you a good one. You need to take care of yourself too, not just your kids. You MIL needs to mind her own business

1 Like

I think myself you did right you spent half the day with your children and it was Mother’s Day and you did what you enjoyed for yourself!

1 Like

Sounds like you had a fabulous mother’s Day your partner is amazing for suggesting you take the afternoon to pamper your self.

3 Likes

Don’t let her get to u jus bcuz u went out one day on Mother’s Day… it’s only one day not one week :woman_facepalming:t5:

Ooh, Mawinlaw… Bless Her Heart :purple_heart: probably BIT of Jealousy. JUST let her know what A Great time you had & How The GIFT that your Husband gave you was SO Appreciated.

Mothers Day in my opinion
Is for you the mom to be celebrated, cherished, pampered, appreciated
And that means you should do whatever makes you happy.
I personally like to spend it with my kids and grand kids
But they do any cleaning/ cooking for the day and I can relax and visit and enjoy!!
It sounds like your day was perfect
You spent time with them and you got some you time!! But at the end of the day to each their own and your mother in law has no business judging you or saying the things she said!! Definitely not worth a second thought on your part!:purple_heart::two_hearts::purple_heart::two_hearts::purple_heart::two_hearts::purple_heart::two_hearts::purple_heart::two_hearts:

I only got to go out with a neighbor mom once, BEST Mother’s Day ever! Over 25 years ago!

We deserve to have time by ourselves 24/7 365 days a year, is enough. Don’t Feel Guilty :confused:

No not at all! I’m starting to spend the mornings on Mother’s Day with my kids then spend the day with my mom and go do something just me and her. there’s no reason to feel guilty when we are moms 25/8 and we deserve a break to pamper ourselves

If you had breakfast and dinner with them then you did spend quality time with them. Don’t let someone’s opinion of you make you who you’re not… Be happy and tell your children you love them daily and pray for the soul of the ignorant one.

2 Likes

What a great husband!!!

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: Mind her own business. And that was something your husband should’ve defended you on and kept to himself.

2 Likes

Mother’s Day is for you. Don’t let anyone make you feel guilty. As mothers we spend our lives devoted to being mothers, and we shouldn’t be made to feel bad for needing much needed time alone. Tell her to mind her own business

You don’t owe a day celebrating you to anyone else. And she’s ta for wanting to make it about everyone else and wanting to make you feel bad about doing a singular nice thing for yourself the one time you get to do it.
She can mind her own business.
You’re nta but she sure is.

Do NOT listen to your mother in law. You’re no where near a bad mom for allowing yourself well deserved time alone to pamper yourself. You still spent time with your kids too. You did nothing wrong.

Tell her to STFU and mind her own business :rofl:

Hope whoever she said that to put her in her place for you.

1 Like

You get alone time too! Tell MIL, mind your own business

You did nothing wrong!! There’s always gonna be that ONE family member that makes you feel like crap and the worst mom ever and usually it’s always the in laws. Like you said you spent time with the kiddos in the morning and then had some much needed mom time and went back and spent more time so I don’t see one thing wrong with that.

no… youre not a bad person for needing alone time, time for you to reset yourself…

What a great husband you have! You deserve to get out and spend the day how you wish. The fact that hubby encouraged it is a fat plus! Mothers need to recharge in this fast paced society we live in. Parents that aren’t burned out are more patient and engaged therefore the children thrive. You go girl! :heartpulse:

Taking care of you makes you a good mother. Let her hate please don’t feel bad.

It’s mother’s day, not kids day. So no . It’s your day and you should spend it however you want.

Stop letting your mother in law dictate what your day is about. If she chooses to spend it with her kids cool. But it’s your day, your kids are young and you probably have logged more hours tending to them than to yourself. It’s a Mother’s Day off. Tell her to have a seat and enjoy her child and stop judging what you do with your children. Nothing to feel guilty about.

Tell your monster in law to mind her own damn business :smirk::roll_eyes:

MIL needs to kind her business. Mother Day is about showing appreciation for mothers and all they do. Your husband got it right by showing you that you deserve to be pampered for all the pampering you do for your family. Don’t let MIL ruin that for you.

4 Likes

Guilt is a choice.
Nobody can make you feel guilty.
You are allowed a day to yourself. Let it go.

Your whole year is about them. To have a day devoted to your self care is amazing. 1 out of 365. Dont listen to her hate. You’re a great mom!

3 Likes

Moms need a day now and then to rest and rejuvenate and just get away. Don’t feel guilty

Hell No!!! She’s clearly off her rocker & she need to watch her own bobber! We all need to take a break and focus on ourselves, align ourselves again and focus solely on us. There is ZERO reason to feel guilty about that. I’m sure you’re a great mother.

Next time, tell the witch-in-law where to shove it :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Your mental health is important to

Just think about how much more u loved them and wanted to be with them when you git bk … And all those priceless genuine radiating smiles u could give them …

It’s Ur day! U spend it any way U want to, not the way other’s thing U should! Even A Mother - in Law!

Nope you are not a bad mom for taking time for yourself. In fact I feel like that makes you a better mom. I know when I take a break for myself my kids and I are all happier.

1 Like

Your MIL sounds like an old fashion lady who thinks a woman’s sole function is to parent the children 24/7. That or a petty spiteful old crone that is jealous her husband never stepped up and took the kids for her to get some personal time.

Either way… she’s wrong, your husband is awesome, and you have nothing to feel guilty about. Loving yourself with “me time” is healthy and necessary for both you and the kids.

2 Likes

You did everything according to motherhood!!! step 1: spending the day doing things you love by yourself, step 2: letting a male judging your choices, step 3: feeling selfish, step 3: guilt… That’s the remix! Btw why we don’t celebrate labor day working!!! We are so ungrateful (sarcasm)

1 Like

Hell no ur not wrong! Mother’s Day is ur day and u can spend it however I see fit. Ur husband had no problem. It actually sounded like it was his idea for u to have time to yourself. There’s nothing wrong with this.

No you’re not a bad mom! Self care is really important

Mother in law sounds like a hag. Ignore her. You’re doing just fine.

1 Like

I spent the day with kids and in the afternoon my hubs and I went out to dinner.

Listen people going talk no matter what. You did good by going out and enjoying yourself, every mom needs time to themselves.

You need to have some ‘you’ sometimes. We all need self care to better ourselves or de-stress

1 Like

Girl. I was in Boston getting white girl wasted and didn’t even come back til late Monday night. You’re FINE lol

1 Like

Hardebeck v. State :: 1995 :: Indiana Court of Appeals Decisions :: Indiana Case Law :: Indiana Law :: US Law :: Justia :eyes:

I WANTED to go get a massage by myself. But that didn’t happen. You spent your day celebrating you. It’s okay

:fu:(to the MIL)

You do you, boo.
I WISH I could have been alone on Mother’s Day. :heart:

1 Like

You spent the morning with your kids, had the evening with your husband. You deserve to treat yourself! Don’t let her make you feel bad. You are an amazing mom!

1 Like

Nope every mothers day my kids dads keep them for the day, I get them back around 5/6pm and spend the evening with them, I spend the day doing something a enjoy thats easier kid free, this year I spent it on the river kayaking with my partner and my best friend :slight_smile: your allowed to get a break, even/especially on mothers day

The day is about YOU, not the children. That sounds like a lovely mothers day and you are not a bad mum for doing nice things for yourself.

Dont mind old people. they have the wrong definition of being a mom. Your husband knew why he wanted u to have that day, because it makes u happy and a happy wife makes a happy home.

Hope you had a great time and do not pay attention to your MIL :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh good Lord. Don’t let something people say make you feel guilty. You’re not a bad mom. You’re a good mom and DESERVE a few hours to yourself! It was your mother’s Day gift to be able to do that. It’s not anyone else’s business. I swear. People are so hung up on perfection and if parents so much as leave or find a sitter to leave and care for themselves, they’re so selfish :roll_eyes: Not true. People are going to be opinionated and judgemental. Tell them to shove it where the sun don’t shine. Or don’t lol. But really. Ignore that bs